Run With Me

A cup of her world

A figure heaves a deep sigh as staring blankly through his window, he has been sitting there for almost 3 hours. Things been pretty difficult for him, there’s so much pressure here and there and he seems can no longer bear it. He lets himself alone in a dark room, accompanied only by the crowded-road-sounds and the city lights that sneak throughout his rather-thick curtains. His head is full of so many things and also her; he wonders what she is doing to overcome this situation. Busy with his thoughts, a light knock catches his attention. Once he opens the door, he can’t help but smile; the most sincere and warm smile that has lost since a week ago.

“I miss you.” He carefully pulls the petite figure only to fully embrace her tightly.

“I miss you too, a lot.” She mumbles as embracing him as tight as she can, “Are you alright?”

“Not really. How about you?”

“Same. Let’s run? Run with me?”

She absentmindedly speaks her thoughts, they both have been undergoing such a heavy week since the reporters exposed their relationship.

“What do you mean by that?” He tilts his head.

“Let’s run away anywhere you want to go, so you can put down your worries for a while.”

“But where? I don’t want to put you in danger.”

“Anywhere is fine. You don’t have to worry, alright?”

Without waiting for his reply, she already holding his hand as they carefully sneaking out from the room. To be very honest, she is as frightened as him yet she convinces herself that it’s worth to try. She wants to cheer him up. As celebrities, they can’t live usual live like others; once their dating news released, fans are going pretty harsh. Some support them while some of course no.

“Rooftop?”

“Yes, just like we usually spend our sneaking nights before. Our favorite place.”

“But—“

“Trust me this time, please?”

“Alright then.”

She keeps holding his hand even though hers looks so tiny compared to his. She has prepared a rug with 2 cups mint choco ice cream and a small pack of fresh strawberry. She then releases his hand and runs a little before sitting.

“Come here, sit with me.”

He can only laugh as following her.

“When did you prepare this?”

“10 minutes ago?” She chuckles as set an earphone to him, “Let’s listen to this song.”

“Ah— it’s Senior Sunwoo Jung A’s song.”

let’s run away
even if we don’t go far away, it will be alright
as long as I’m together with you, I’m fine with anything
a place where your heart can be at ease
wherever that is, tell me.”

Again, she reaches for his hand then holds it tightly. He softens his gaze on her, holding her hand tightly as if he’s holding onto something really precious.

“I’ll be with you like this. If your hand reaches out, I’ll grab it. There’s nothing to be afraid of because we’ll be holding onto each other tightly. Some people might hate us; me or you, but remember that some still support us no matter what. Don’t blame yourself too much, alright? I’m all fine, no worries. We’ll get through this together, Baekhyun.”

“Ji—“ He seems losing his words.

“Wherever we go, however we go, I’ll be at your side. You can cry as much as you like, please don’t conceal everything yourself. We’re all human and men have the rights to cry as much as women do. But, after you cry, let’s return tough and strong. If you’re exhausted, I’ll hug you. If you want to walk slowly then I’ll match my pace and walk slowly with you.”

“I wonder how can I be strong like you.”

“You’re strong enough but this time, lean on me. I give you my hand, will you accept it and run with me?”

“I should be the one who said that, besides we’re in the middle of our “run away” now.” He replies jokingly.

“YOU ALWAYS RUIN THE MOMENT!!!” She whines rather loudly.

Baekhyun can only laugh upon seeing Jieun’s reply, he is way more than grateful with her existence. She gives him a lot of strength. He might be seen as cheerful-loud figure even though he is struggling and only to Jieun, he can show how fragile he is. On the other hand, Jieun might be seen as fragile figure yet the fact that she is way stronger than anyone else makes Baekhyun feels slightly calm.

“I love you, Lee Jieun. Thanks for existing. As you said, yeah let’s get through this together.”

“I love mint choco.” She replies lightly while eating her ice cream.

“HEY!” He is the one who protests now.

She bursts into a big laugher before hugging him, “I love you too, Byun Baekhyun. Sorry for putting you into this mess because of our relationship and thank you for making me this brave and happy.”

“You dumb! Why apologize? Nothing to be sorry of.”

By then, they spend their “run-away” night together. Comforting each other as listening to their favorite song. Sharing their strength to each other only to overcome their awaiting days ahead. Byun Baekhyun and Lee Jieun have been dating for almost 5 years and still counting since they worked together in the same project. They will make it through no matter what because they fond of each other deeply. As public rigures, they deserve to be happy and free like other couples. Baekhyun and Jieun are two souls that complete each other.