Only If

A cup of her world

Her feet didn’t even move they still remained on the same place. Place where she stood up happily with their memories. Her head didn’t even bother to look up, her gaze fixed on the ground, overwhelmed by the delicate pain which successfully crept up, suffocating. She found it silly for being this miserable with her own hopes, the worn-out hopes that should had been destroyed at the very first place. She is such a hard-headed figure who kept grasping any probabilities that actually had died long time ago. Times flew rather fast yet slow to her; some memories lingered and pushed her hard to snug deeper than ever. She kept tracing the good old days, refused to throw everything with the hopes to start again. Each chance was getting smaller and narrower by the time, covering the small blurry lights on the corner of nowhere. The vision which once seemed fairly vivid turned into vague one; it is now covered with hopeless fog, pressing one to another in a small space without any air left, suffocated.

“Breathe, breathe, breathe,” She mumbled softly, “No, it’s hard.” She continued herself and began to sob.

Every small sensitive memory choked on her, her breath started to feel uneven, “Why you did it to me?” She miserably asked nobody.  Her tears streamed down her pale face, she clutched her chest, knelt down on her knees, sniffled. Choosing the different path in a good term was surely the hardest part in this journey. The string hadn’t cut perfectly; it still somehow hanging here and there, the string itself seemed worn-out yet still strong. It supposed to stop there; a small hope was still in her palm. She kept it, gripped her palm in order to protect the only hope even though it felt sore. It started to fall down just like grain of sand yet the leftover were somehow remained there. If she can start all over again, she would definitely throw everything and took any risks to continue their unfinished journey but he didn’t have that courage. He wanted to protect his beloved one from any harm, including himself. It was hard for both of them but even harder for her. He was her wall, the one that she leant on though it was rather cold by the time.

“You said you still love me, you said that even though we were parted, we still love each other, you said….you said…” Her breath was patchy; she choked on her own tears, miserably mumbling by herself.

The taller figure walked away, ignoring the leftover hopes. He walked away; his heart was determined to go to other place instead of her. It can’t be helped; the He and She were parted, taking their own paths. They left the string hung somewhere, far by place but close by heart. Just like a scissors, two different paths but still together. Wasn’t it ironic? They still fond of each other until the very end, before the other one started to lose hope, and the other? He had already walked away. If universe destined them to be together then they would get back to each other. If Byun Baekhyun and Lee Jieun could start all over again then they would definitely continue their unfinished story, only if.