Summer Night Dreams

A cup of her world

The beautiful starlight in the quiet night sky silently shines through faraway windows, the petite figure sleeps soundly. The dim room is filled with the familiar memories; the pain and the joy have mingled one to another. Midday memories disappear somewhere, replaced with night memories that somehow still linger on the corner of the room. In her deep slumber, she is looking at the night sky full of stars, as if it's like an extensive dark canvas dashed with beautiful white paint as companion. She smiles, the most sincere smile that has been disappeared since a year ago. A soft melody is playing somewhere at the background, the wind blows warmly as if it's embracing her petite figure. Her dazzling eyes catch the glimpse of a familiar figure at the edge of the hill. The alluring figure stays still, enjoying the wind; he smiles as sincere as her.

"It's overwhelming, isn't it?" She speaks.

"Yes." He replies.

These two pairs stay silent; sitting side by side; eyes focus on the wide blue ocean in front of them. The wind blows over, tenderly caressing the pinkish string between them. Racing through the blue ocean of memories, the petite figure rests her head on his shoulder.

"Do you remember when we decided to explore the ocean?" He speaks.

"Crystal clear." She replies.

Their eyes closed, reminiscing the good old days where they sat on the same boat; these two pairs are delightful. They dive even deep to their memoirs in silence, hand on hand, holding each other rather closely.

"We had crushed once by the big waves until it shattered our boat. We had walked separately but tonight we have climbed on this hill to only witness the same scenery as last year. I'm glad that we make it in one piece. Jieun, let's explore this beautiful blue ocean more with our new boat."

"I would love to. Thank you for giving us another chance to start all over again. This time, we will win over the big waves and reach our destiny together, Baekhyun."

The deep night, the beautiful times come to her, coloring her heart. She remembers the eternal summer night dreams. Therefore, even if morning comes, it won't be forgotten. Baekhyun's confession sounds like a soft melody to Jieun, her heart becomes like a child. Even if it's only in her dream, Jieun would still treasure it deeply. That night, Lee Jieun's summer night dreams have finally reached her eternal sunshine, Byun Baekhyun.