Marry Me

A cup of her world

“Yeah, then she asked me about the book—hello? Are you asleep?” She asked softly.

There was no answer, only the sound of his breath that can be heard. Yes, he was asleep.

“Alright then, good night.” She smiled weakly.

It had been weeks since the last time they talked properly; he was super busy and so did she. They barely had their time together even after work because one of them would usually pass out once they touched the bed. Weekends only spent shortly, the petite figure felt that they were somehow drifting apart because of their works.

“Hi, good morning! Sorry, I fell asleep last night because too sleepy.” His voice weakened.

“It’s alright! Both of us are really busy lately, no need to apologize.” She tried to comfort him.

“Let’s make up our “time-loss” this weekend, alright? I miss you.”

“Sure thing! And yeah I miss you too, a lot.”

That day came, he was already in front of her door. His heart couldn’t seem to stop beating nervously just because he longed for her presence a little bit too much every day. Once she opened the door, he did nothing but rushed to embrace his favorite petite figure in front of him.

“I miss you.” He mumbled.

“I miss you too.” Her cheeks reddened.

Those two figures kept holding each other’s body within the longed embrace that felt like home. They felt each other’s familiar scent that gave them comfort before chuckling rather loudly because it somehow silly for them.

They went to their favorite restaurant; the place that held various memories since the first time they dated each other. This restaurant wasn’t that exclusive, it was just modest one with classic design that they both liked. Both of them talked a lot, they shared everything along the way like they used to; they smiled to each other.

“We already talk a lot even before we arrived.” She chuckled.

“Yeah, it’s so us. Talkative pairs.” He laughed.

These pairs were busy with their foods and conversations; they talked about their works, colleagues, and movies even each other’s weird dreams. They kept laughing to each other; they were above the clouds.

“I need to go to toilet first.” He exclaimed suddenly.

“Alright.” She nodded.

After almost ten minutes waiting, she started to worry because he hadn’t come back just yet. She tried to calm herself first and waited for another five minutes. Busy with her thoughts, she heard one of the customers’ phone rang with her favorite song. She flashed a small smile because of the song and after that, another customer’s phone rang with the same song. She frowned lightly.

“Unusual.” She mumbled herself while smiling.

She was about to get up and checked him because it had already fifteen minutes but once she got up from her chair, everyone in this restaurant played her favorite song. She was confused before a familiar voice sang that song clearly, he walked toward her while holding a mic.

Together can never be close enough for me
Feel like I am close enough to you
You wear white and I'll wear out the words I love you
And you're beautiful
Now that the wait is over
And love and has finally shown her my way
Marry me
Today and every day
Marry me
If I ever get the nerve to say hello in this cafe
Say you will
Mm-hmm
Say you will
Mm-hmm

 

Her cheeks got redden, she couldn’t help but gasping before covering her own lips. It was him with home band that he hired and their close friends holding paper with his hand-writing on each. He knew that she actually didn’t like to be the center of attention in public but just one time, only this time; he wanted to make everyone focused on her.

“What are you doing?” She whispered lowly.

“I know that we spend a little time together lately because of our busy schedules, I know you must be disappointed whenever I fell asleep yet you never complain just because you don’t want to be a burden and you always put someone else before yourself. I am thankful with all of your understanding but you’re precious too, please don’t conceal it yourself and talk to me. You’re not a burden, you’re home…my home; and by that I want to make my home even closer to me. I don’t want to lose you, I want to be with you and spend the rest of my life with you. I know that there’s no forever in this world and you also don’t believe in forever either— see how much we’re alike?”

He chuckled before taking a deep breath.

“I just want to be with you as much as I can and as long as I can, we can—so, Lee Jieun, will you marry me?”

There was silence between them, Jieun didn’t know what to say. She was too taken aback with his sudden proposal; she was over the moon. She wanted to express herself yet no words escaped from her lips.

“Ji?”

She rushed herself to embrace the taller figure rather tightly; her cheeks all reddened because of this big spotlight that she got yet she didn’t even care.

“Is this mean yes?” He asked nervously.

“You dumb! What should I say beside “yes” huh?” She mumbled.

“Say it nicely, Ji.” He whined playfully.

“Yes, Byun Baekhyun. Yes! I said yes! I want to marry you.” She snorted playfully before laughing.

“SHE SAID YEEEEES!!!” He exclaimed happily.

Everyone in this restaurant applauded and laughed with them, shared the enormous joy. They might spend their time a little less lately yet their bond to each other was still so strong. They knew when they had to be clingy to each other and they also knew when they had to give each other’s space after busy days. They gave each other chance and time to long for each other’s presence, which was the art of their relationship.