Full Stop.

A cup of her world

May had always been her favorite month. Everything seemed blooming delicately with pinkish touch in every step that she took. The warm blue skies had always been cheerfully greeting her, as if it smiled down to her. May gave her never-ending bliss; she adored that sensitive part of hers; intimate. Unfortunately, it didn’t last long. Her pinkish May turned into a dark cloudy grey one, last year. The pinkish color started to diminish in every drop of her tears. The figure that she considered as the precious one broke the delicate glass. She was aware enough yet she kept telling herself that it was only a vague glimmer inside her head. She refused to believe that everything had fallen apart, the pinkish sky started to taint. Cherry blossoms weren’t blooming that day; the cloud was too dark to give her positive touch. They had torn apart yet hands still hanging side by side, hoping the other one would reach another yet it never happened.

A year after

The tiny figure was quite afraid to face May, she wasn’t getting over everything. May owned her most delicate memories that she treasured the most. She stored those delightful memories inside a magic drawer within her heart; every row had its own story. Their damage string was somehow gotten back piece by piece, it was about to break in any time yet they managed to knit it together as pairs. She smiled, a bit. Her hope somehow lighten up within the damaged string, until that day, the day that she never wanted to face came.

“I want to tell you something.” The familiar voice echoed in her ears.

Her heart beat rather fast.

“I’m seeing someone.”

That dark cloudy surrounded her; quivered her heart.

That figure continued his unfinished words, she hadn’t replied yet.

“I—“

“How long?” She snapped weakly.

“Almost a month, I wasn’t sure at first but—“

“Is she your friend?”

“Yeah, one of my colleagues at workplace.”

She was aware about this conversation, she was fully aware about what would happen next, she knew it.

“I already knew what you meant; I know how you feel too. One more day, just one more day, I want to delay it.” Her mind started to jumble.

“Do you like her?”

“I’m not sure but she somehow makes me comfortable whenever she is around.”

“I think I know everything but I don’t want any more understanding. I want to ask you but I don’t want to hear your answer.” Her heart felt heavy.

“I’m starting a new, Ji.”

The damaged string broke. It fell down to the deepest of her darkest pit. Vanished.

“Ah, that’s good then. You’ve moved on from our relationship.” She joked around as if nothing’s broken inside.

The tall figure wasn’t aware of the cracking voice inside within her, the fragile glass splintered around entirely. He replied her joke with only shy smile, the smile that she adored the most. The smile that gave her tingling touch inside, the most contagious smile that belonged only to her that time.

“Congratulations, Baek.” She stood up and stretched her arms. “Please be happy.” That weak smile plastered on her face, nervous that he would find out, she rushed to embrace the longing figure.

“I should in the end, someday, start the hardest homework. Sorry that my last goodbye was so late.”

His arm stretched out, welcoming the petite figure. Unlike her, he sincerely smiled. She would always be his best companion, a best friend; his cherry blossom petal. His cloud was all pinkish while hers was grey. She instead, swept her tears away. The grey cloud prevented the rain to fall. Her heart felt heavier even more, the throbbing pain wouldn’t let her away; it clung onto her.

“True feelings that we shared piece by piece, answers that were so easy, several seasons that we loved unforgettably. Goodbye, goodbye to it all.”

She sensed his odor, she could no longer sense it after this embrace; not in meant time, not in the future. It wasn’t his fault to start a new, cherry blossom would fall once its time came; the tree remained the same with the new bloomed ones. She had fallen a long time ago; the tree now belonged to the latest bloomed petal. Rosy.

“Goodbye, Baekhyun.”

“Your unchanging and honest eyes, the winter ocean that we promised. Days of my youth that were unforgettably happy. Goodbye to it all—“

Lee Jieun hung her words somewhere; she didn’t manage to finish the farewell. It was as hard as the first time. She should, at the end, locked her drawer and never opened it again. She should accept the fact that his tree was completely walked away. The wind swept the fallen petal, brought it within the uncertain path. Jieun marked her story with the most painful full stop. She was broken twice. The reason why Jieun liked May was because Baekhyun and her birthdays, and of course the most delightful date was her official date. Good bye, May.