Lean on Me

A cup of her world

The night sky looks somewhat beautiful even though the wind blows fairly hard, brings chilly atmosphere around. That figure closes her eyes while sitting on the swing; she is embracing the noiseless night by herself. She is neither sad nor happy, she is just fine; that’s what she feels for now. This park carries some vivid memories within, she used to avoid this park a year ago, after the break up but now, she is just fine; all fine. Busy with her own thoughts, she doesn’t even realize that another figure is now standing before her. He smiles.

“Hey.” The familiar voice echoes.

“Hey.” She gives him a sincere smile.

That figure takes a seat on the swing beside her, they exchange smile to each other. It reminds them about a year ago or maybe those three years that they have spent together at this park. No one tries to start conversation because they still want to appreciate the silent between them, until the taller figure speaks.

“I’m sorry.” His voice weakens.

“For?” She frowns.

“You must be hurt because of her. I don’t know she did that to you, that’s why I’d like to apologize.”

“It’s alright. It wasn’t your fault. Yeah, she had hurt me with her words and I was fairly upset with her but then as the one who can think clearly, I’ll just shrug it off. But I’m sorry that I can’t ever like her or support both of you in the future because she did hurt me.”

“You don’t need to support us because there’s no “us” again.”

“What do you mean?”

“We broke up already.”

The taller figure looks gloomy, he looks wounded. It’s true that she can’t ever support both of them because his partner had hurt her pride.

`flashback

You’ve got a message

“Hi, I’m Baekhyun’s partner. I just want to say that please stop him to call you his ex or even best friend. I’m pretty annoyed with that. I just don’t want my insecurities keep coming and budging me because of you. I’m doing this to prevent any damage in my relationship with him. I hope you understand, thanks and sorry.”

Jieun stopped everything that she was doing at that time. She was too surprised with her text. It hurt her pride, though she couldn’t move on yet from Baekhyun; never in her life, had she wanted to destroy their relationship. The fact that they broke up in a good way made them still have a good relationship. She cried. She cried her lungs out because it was so much hurt in any ways.

Since that day, she couldn’t ever forget or forgive that girl, it might sound mean but she was or is indeed hurt. What makes her even more hurt that the fact he apologizes on her name.

“May I know why did you break up?”

“I can’t stand with her possessive traits. She has hurt you and my other friends and yeah even me. She even asked me to cut my circle just because she didn’t like my friends.”

“Sorry to say this but she’s indeed .” Jieun snorts.

“Yeah, she always uses her insecurities to make me weak but this time I really can’t stand it. We broke up in a bad way. At first, she said alright but she talked trash behind my back. She also kept complaining how I can’t make time for her or how I was always busy with my study while the fact that we always talk almost every day. I feel relief even though I still like her, a bit.”

Upon hearing that he still likes her even after she hurts him, Jieun’s heart stings. Again, it might sound bad but she is grateful that they break up because she is indeed bad. Jieun reaches up for his palm, holding it rather tight then caressing it lightly.

“It’s alright, I understand how you feel. It must be hard for you, even though she did bad-talking you but both of you also had shared a lot of time together. If you need place to rant, I’m here. Lean on me, Baek.”

Baekhyun says nothing, he is sad and relief at the same time. He can see her sincerity on her eyes even though she had hurt and even cried that day, yeah he knew. Jieun has always been like this, her warm orbs are full with sincerity; they also provide comfort for those who need it. Her figure might tiny, people often mistakenly her as weak while the fact that she’s the strongest woman alive. She resembles tree, his big oak tree. Baekhyun then stands up, his arms reach for her.

“Thank you for always staying in the same place, Ji.”

Those arms wrapped around the petite figure, a familiar embrace finds its way back to home. A simple home full of warmth, two souls that were lost, now reunite again in the same roof called comfort. The petite figure reaches for his back, rather calmly. For now matter how many times Baekhyun changes, Jieun has always been there. Little did Baekhyun know, his heart has always run for Jieun. Tonight, a woman called Jieun, again, provides never-ending comforts for him and Baekhyun couldn’t even more grateful than that. Jieun is the only place that Baekhyun can lean on, no matter what and because of that, Baekhyun starts to worry if someday Jieun leaves and finds someone new. Yeah, Baekhyun is fairly egoistic.