Christmas

A cup of her world

December 24th. 11:33 PM

“Argh! When will I be able to finish these damn papers?” He groaned as ruffled his own brunette hair.

Christmas was only a half an hour and he hadn’t finished it. This month was really made him stressed out; he just wanted to go home and celebrated Christmas with her. On the other hand, the petite girl was patiently waiting for his presence. She didn’t hope too much since she knew that her boyfriend was always been this busy.

“It’s quite late but why isn’t he coming?” She talked with herself while waiting for him in front of the door. The weather was somewhat cold after rain; maybe snow would come in no time. She swung her short leg as hugged herself, sometimes sighed. She shouldn’t felt gloomy because he didn’t come because she knew how tired he must be.

“Okay, fifteen minutes more. If he didn’t come, I’ll just wrap everything up and sleep.” She thought.

Spoke of the witch, the sounds of his car snapped her floating mind. He was there, walked toward her with his exhausted expression. She flashed a warm smile and opened her arms. He gladly embraced his longed one, tightly.

“Welcome home.” She tightened her hug and caressed his back gently.

“I haven’t opened the door yet, it’s weird that I feel home already.” He joked as closed his eyes.

“Cheesy!” She chuckled; a snowflake touched her palm, “The first snow.” She smiled widely.

They sat on their fluffy couch completed with hot chocolates. The boy decided to rest his head on the girl’s lap. She soothed his hair gently. He told her about his day and vice versa, he finally could spend his Christmas with her.

“Merry Christmas, Baekhyun! Thanks for surviving from today’s schedules.” She joked.

 “Merry Christmas, Jieun! Thanks for being supportive.” He got up from her lap and kissed her forehead.

She was always been this supportive toward her boyfriend. Baekhyun couldn’t ask for more, he was beyond grateful with her presence. She smiled, her half-moon-shaped eyes was his favorite. He leaned closer as she closed her eyes. They kissed, warm kiss to replace their lost time. He tilted his head as reached for her nape to deepen the kiss, she held on his sweater. It was a long deep kiss until she pulled away to take a breath. They stared into each other’s eyes, chuckled. A very simple way to celebrate Christmas, Baekhyun and Jieun were always been this modest.