Spring Rolls

atarashī koi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 6: Spring Rolls

 

“Oh Jungkook, you’re quite late.” I say and he quickly smiles. We have been waiting for his arrival since this morning but he only shows up an hour before our closing time. “So, where are you going this time? Aren’t you staying home this Christmas?”

 

He shakes his head and rests his hands on top of my table. “My mother and father told me that they’re staying in Barcelona right now for a business trip so I’ll be following them there.” I nod and start arranging his trip. “My little sister’s staying with our aunt this time because she’s still rebelling.”

 

When I remove my gaze from the screen, I see him roll his eyes. I chuckle softly, and continue doing my work. “Somi right? The one that you showed me a picture of last time?” He nods, and I smile. “Well, teenagers can be really like that. We’ve all went through that stage.”

 

“Yeah right. But at least I wasn’t as rebellious as her! She ruined mom’s baking equipments and she was almost kicked off the house!” With that, I started laughing and just like what I have thought, a scowl can be heard on my left.

 

“This is a workplace, not a dating room.” I glance at Sehun who is busy fixing his things.

 

“You’re going home early?” I ask, still not believing that the ever work-a-holic Oh Sehun is leaving early.

 

His head tilts towards my direction and his eyebrow immediately rises. “Since when did you care?”

 

I shrug and proceed to enter Jungkook’s flight details in the website. “Who says that I care? I’m glad that you’re leaving before time. People like you need more rest especially since you annoy people all day. It’s quite tiring, isn’t it?” I can hear chuckles inside the office and I bet that hurt his pride because I hear him close his table cabinet loudly and hastily leaves the place.

 

“Way to go, noona!” Taehyung shouts, earning a clap from the other workers. I just shake my head while grinning loudly, proud at the fact that I took the great Oh Sehun down.

 

Jungkook casually places his chin on top of his palm as his elbow rests on top of the table, and I see him grin. “You know, you look hotter when you’re insulting someone.”

 

My eyebrow rises at his statement. I ignore it, due to the fact that I’ve gotten used to his lame pick-up lines. I show him my computer monitor and let him check if he has anything to change on the flight schedule and the accommodation.

 

“What are your plans for Christmas?” He asks after we discuss the details about his trip.

 

“I’m going home.” I reply, and I see him nod. Truth to be told, I feel like backing out but my mom will kill me. I hope Jongsuk and I will be able to go through this peacefully knowing how crazy my family is.

 

“Why do you sound like you don’t want to? Is there any problem?” He asks in a concerned manner. I look at him and see that he’s waiting for my answer. I give him a small smile.

 

“It’s just that… there are things that I’ve been hiding from way back home. It’s not about my family though. My parents miss me so much so I guess I really have to go home.” I can see that he still wants to ask something but stops himself.

 

He stands up and fixes himself. “So, I guess I’ll be seeing you again soon? It’s quite a shame that I couldn’t bri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter