Dilemma

atarashī koi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 4: Dilemma

 

“Yes mom?” I stifle a yawn as I try to stay awake. I barely had any sleep because last night, Sunny-unnie brought us to a bar and you know what happened next. “It’s my day off, you aren’t supposed to call me this early.”

 

I heard her chuckle on the other side of the line and it made me smile. Despite the fact that she can be annoying at times, I still find her adorable. (Oh, I’m sorry Yoong. I just had something to ask of you.)

 

“Hmm, what is it?”

 

(Are you coming home this Christmas?) Suddenly, my eyes are wide open and I suddenly look at the calendar placed on top of my table. I didn’t realize that Christmas is coming! (We miss you, really. Please take a day-off on Christmas please.)

 

I am about to answer but then I remember one thing. It has only been one and a half week since He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Mentioned got married and I heard that they’re staying in town for good. That means, the possibility of me seeing the both of them is high!

 

“Uh, mom-”

 

(Okay Im Yoona, I’ve had enough of this sweet-talking. You’re going home this Christmas and that’s final!) Before I can even respond, she cuts the line off. I swear, my mom can transform from a real sweetie to a monster in just a second. I threw my phone beside me in frustration, wondering how I am going to resolve this problem.

 

Not having the energy to cook breakfast for myself, I change into my jeans and sweater to go eat at the coffee shop. At least there, I would have a peace of mind as I try to make a decision. Also, maybe seeing Jongsuk would enlighten me a bit.

 

Don’t get me wrong. I always go there every morning to grab a coffee and through small chats, we’ve somehow became closer.

 

I check my locks one last time before heading towards the elevator. I press the button going downstairs, and patiently wait for it. As I am doing so, I feel a presence beside me and when I take a look, I realize that he is my neighbor!

 

He catches me glancing and for a few seconds, we awkwardly stare at one another before breaking eye contact. I clear my throat and try to compose myself, pretending that I’m not a bit affected of the event awhile ago.

 

Suddenly, a thought crosses my mind. It has been weeks since I’ve last seen him and I haven’t properly thanked him yet for helping me move a box! I contemplate on whether I should grab the chance now or just let this pass because he might have forgotten about it already.

 

I am about to open my mouth to speak when the elevator door opens, revealing a fine man on it. On all of the weeks that I resided here, this is my first time seeing him. Did Hani change her shift?

 

Dejectedly, I enter the elevator and my neighbor did the same. After the awkward eye contact awhile ago, none of us decided to look at one another anymore. Well… I guess it’s the best option right now.

 

“Yoona-ssi?” I turn to look at the elevator attendant who’s smiling widely at me. I return his grin, and I hear him chuckle. “So Hani is right, you’re the beautiful new tenant. It’s such a shame that it’s our first time meeting. By the way, I’m Seo Joon.” He salutes at me in a playful way and I laugh softly.

 

“It’s nice to meet you, Seo Joon-ssi. By the way, do you have any idea on why Hani isn’t here?” He gives me an amusing smile, and nods.

 

“She’s taking a leave because it’s almost Christmas and she wanted to spend more time with her family.” I nod at his statement. Suddenly, the conscious of not going home is slowly eating me up. “For now, you have to bear with my face before I go to my real work.”

 

The signal bell rings and we reach the ground floor. I give him another smile before stepping out of the elevator. Actually, I’m quite thankful that he’s the elevator attendant for today. It would have been hella awkward if Hani is the one and she might be swooning over Lu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter