Reconciliation

atarashī koi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 12: Reconciliation

Yoona groans as she hears the constant ringing of her phone. It’s actually her day-off and as far as she knows, she didn’t set-up any alarm for this morning because she wanted to get enough sleep. She doesn’t know what time it is already but she still feels quite sleepy.

 

Annoyed, she extends her arm towards the table beside her bed and gets her phone. She didn’t read the caller ID and immediately pressed the answer button, only to be greeted by a familiar loud voice.

 

“IM YOONA! I’VE BEEN STANDING IN FRONT OF YOUR UNIT FOR EONS ALREADY!” Yoona’s ear almost felt like it was going to explode because of the loudness of the voice of the speaker. It took her a few minutes before she finally realizes what her best friend has just said.

 

“WHAT!?”

 

“OPEN THE DOOR!” Yuri demands. “OR BETTER, GIVE ME THE PASSCODE!” Yoona rolls her eyes at the command of her best friend. She gets up and wears her slippers before going out of her room. Not caring about how she looks like, she opens the door.

 

“Yuri, what are you...” Her voice falters as she sees the familiar doe-eyed person in front of her. Realizing that she hasn’t washed her face or even combed her hair, she immediately bows her head down, avoiding the gaze of her now amused neighbor.

 

“Good morning, Yoong!” Lu Han excitedly greets her. It’s actually his first time to see her this defenseless and he finds it cute. Unlike any other girls, Yoona does not look different from herself when she wears make-up.

 

“G-good morning.” Yoona says as she shyly combs her hair. “I’m so, so sorry that you have to see me in this state. My best friend –“

 

“Okay, I’m coming in. Continue flirting.” Yuri nudges her sides as she makes her way inside her friend’s apartment. “This is amazing! I now know why you don’t go home often…” Yuri’s voice fades as she goes deeper in the room. Yoona emits a soft chuckle before glancing at Lu Han.

 

“So, it seems like you’re going to work.” She comments as she sees him wearing his business attire. “Are you promoted as a news anchor now?”

 

“Yes, actually. But I still prefer doing field works.” Lu Han shrugs as he grins. “I guess I got used to it. Anyway, I hope that you’ll rest well on your day-off.” Seeing that she isn’t dressed for work at almost eight in the morning, Lu Han assumes that the lady is relaxing for the day.

 

“I hope that I’ll be resting in peace. But seeing how my best friend barged in with her bags –“ Yoona stops midway as she recalls Yuri carrying her luggage and bags when she went in. “I hope that you’ll have a great day, Han!”

 

Yoona closes the door and dashes off towards the living room. Lu Han, on the other hand, emits a soft laugh. The two of them have become quite closer after their little bonding last New Year and he likes it a lot.

 

“Kwon Yuri, what is the meaning of this?” She points towards the bulky bags placed on her carpet. “What are you doing here? Aren’t you working in our hometown?”

 

Yuri shrugs as she eats the yoghurt she got from the fridge. “It isn’t fair if my best friend is the only one here.” She pouts. “I got better work opportunities here and I heard that I’ll be working under your brother so I decided to move here.”

 

“Without finding for an apartment first?” Yoona asks in disbelief. If she is a very organized person, her best friend, Kwon Yuri is the opposite. She likes to do things on impulse and rarely has plans for everything. She doesn’t know how the latter ended up being a doctor.

 

“That’s why I’m going to stay here for awhile until I find my own unit!” Yuri excitedly says. “Your brother dropped me off here and told me your room number. Anyway, why were you sleeping in? Aren’t you going to work?”

 

Yoona shakes her head and take

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter