New Year's Eve Part 1

atarashī koi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 11: New Year's Eve Part 1

“Yoong, can’t you really come home?” Her mother asks in a dejected tone. Yoona rolls her eyes, as she knows why they are urging her to join the New Year’s Eve party later at her Aunt's place. “That’s too bad. We really wanted to see Jongsuk.”

 

“I knew what your ulterior motive was when I saw your caller ID.” She hears her mother chuckle on the other side of the line. “I already took my vacation leave for Christmas and I have to make way for the other employees’ breaks. Also, Jongsuk is busy running his coffee shop.”

 

Truth to be told, she hasn’t stepped inside her friend’s coffee shop for days already. She buys her breakfast through drive-thrus and she kind of misses the coffee Jongsuk makes for her. Yoona’s still not ready to say sorry to him. She feels like he still needs some space after she hurt his feelings.

 

“Alright then.” Her mother emits a soft sigh. “It’s the first New Year’s eve that you’re going to miss with us. Take care there okay? After your work, go out and see the fireworks display somewhere. Also, make sure to eat lots of food okay?”

 

Yoona nods as she parks her car in front of their agency. “Mom, I’ll talk to you later. Love you!” Her mother hums before finally ending the call. She smiles to herself as she sees Jin placing the “open” sign on the door.

 

“Good morning, Yoong!” He energetically greets her, making her grin widely. “Irene and Doyeon took their day-offs today. As far as I know, we will not be getting that much customer so I’ll be dismissing all of you early. You’re welcome.” Jin playfully winks at her before running upstairs to his office. Yoona shakes her head as she walks towards her cubicle.

 

“Happy New Year, Yoong!” Sunny suddenly appears to her side as the bubbly lady is holding a gift for her. “I kept on forgetting to give you your Christmas gift. Anyway, it’s better to be late than never!” The positivity of the latter has somewhat influenced her as she feels lighter than before.

 

“Thanks for this, unnie! What will you be doing tonight?” She asks, hoping that the woman will not be having any appointments for tonight. She doesn’t want to be alone on New Year ’s Eve especially since her brother cannot join her because he will be on night duty.

 

The grin on Sunny’s face gets wider and Yoona guesses that the lady isn’t free for tonight. “My fiancé’s family will be coming over our house and we will be spending the night together! How about you? You’re going home since Jin will be sending us off early, right?”

 

Yoona shakes her head in disappointment as she pouts. “It’ll probably be jammed on the expressway later so I’d probably stay in Seoul tonight.” Sunny pats the younger’s head, feeling bad that she is not going to be joining the girl for tonight.

 

“I’m really sorry if I can’t go with you, Yoong. We have to plan for the wedding and I wouldn’t want you to feel out of place.” Yoona’s expression suddenly brightens as she holds the hands of the older girl.

 

“So, when’s the wedding?” The doe-eyed girl excitedly asks. It hasn’t been long since Sunny announced her upcoming marriage with her high school sweetheart and she feels really happy for the both of them especially since they love each other way too much.

 

Sunny shyly tugs the strands of her hair behind her ears. “We’re planning for it to be in early June so we’re going to start preparing as soon as possible.” Yoona nods her head as she listens to the girl.

 

“Make sure that I’m going to be a bridesmaid, alright?” She jokingly says and Sunny playfully hits her arm. They then hear a scowl on the other cubicle, making Yoona roll her eyes. “Let’s talk later, unnie. The grumpy old man is here.”

 

“What did you say?” Sehun raises his tone, making Yoona chuckle a bit.

 

“Happy New Year to you too.” She sticks her tongue out playfully before facing her desk. Before Sehun can even reply, a customer sits in front of him and he smiles lightly as he starts to entertain her questions.

 

Yoona’s quite lucky to have avoided his early morning rants.

 

***

 

“You didn’t have to fetch me, you know.” Yoona says as she steps out of Jungkook’s car. The mentioned boy just shrugs and shows her his famous bunny smile. Upon seeing the res

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter