The Neighbor

atarashī koi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 CHAPTER 1: The Neighbor

 

 

“Oh, thank you very much!” I say as I shoot a smile to the guy who is driving the truck. “You don’t need to help me in bringing this stuff up, I can ask for help from the other residents here!” I can see the hesitation in his face but he decides not to talk anymore when I give him a reassuring smile. The driver salutes and I wave happily as I watch him drive away.

 

How stupid of you, Im Yoona! You don’t know any people in this place so there’s a high possibility that you will bring these big boxes up to your floor! I told myself as I look at the remaining boxes that I have to bring to the 7th floor. I actually finished furnishing my unit a week ago but I decided to leave some boxes to bring this week because I thought my brother would help me move here.

 

I sigh once again as I start to pick up a box and walk towards the entrance. The security guard seems to have sensed my helpless state and assisted me  as  I move my boxes towards the elevator. I grin lightly at him, convinced that the condominium complex I’ve picked is definitely the best choice (despite the fact that a room costs fortunes) since the employees so far are very hospitable.

 

As I wait for the elevator to go down, I take a look around. The spacious lobby is enough to leave my jaw hanging because of its elegant structure and gorgeous displays though I’d really not want to do that because I would be embarrassing. The botanical garden and the not-so-mini park outside also took my breath away, making me want to explore the area more.

 

But well, I guess I have to work out on how I’m going to move these freaking boxes to my place first. I’m really worried that I’d have to go up and down with the elevator because I’d have no idea how to take them all out.

 

The ‘ding’ of the elevator brings me back to reality and it’s a good thing that there is an elevator attendant inside. At least, I wouldn’t have to press the ‘open’ button as I try to kick the boxes out. I smile at her and signaled for her to wait for me until I load these 5 medium boxes inside.

 

“Newcomer?” The lady asks. As I look at her, I can say that she is a beauty. Despite the make-up that she is wearing, her prettiness stands out. I have noticed that most of the employees here are good-looking. Is that a requirement?

 

“Yes.” I awkwardly smile at her and when I realized that we are not moving, I cleared my throat before looking away. “I’m Yoona. Gonna be residing at 707.” I say and she nods. She presses the number ‘7’ on the variety of buttons and she turns to smile at me again.

 

“That’s nice to hear! We haven’t had any female tenants here ever since we opened.” She excitedly says. “Anyway, I’m Heeyeon! The employees here call me Hani because they say that I am ‘as sweet as honey’ and wonder if I’m really as sugary as my nickname. Damn erts.” I silently chuckle at her short rant. I guess I’ll get along with this pretty lady.

 

The elevator stops, signaling that I have finally arrived at my floor. “It’s nice to meet you, Hani. Can you please, um, hold on for a sec as I try to get these boxes out?” I shyly ask, and she nods enthusiastically. I start to move my luggage first and then comes back to get the box.

 

“That’s quite a handful, eh? You should totally ask the hottie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter