It's a Nice Day

atarashī koi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER NINETEEN: It's a Nice Day

 

“I can’t believe I’m sitting across you during our lunch break.” Yoona says as she reads the menu of the restaurant he just brought her to. Surprisingly, his taste in eateries is quite simple, seeing as how he’s picky in almost everything.

 

“Shut up and order because it’s going to be on me.” Sehun replies and clears his throat awkwardly, not quite used to their setting. “Make sure that you post this on social media, okay? My parents have to know that our relationship is… going strong.” He buries his face deeper into the menu as he tries to hide his blushing face.

 

Goddamnit, why does it have to be this awkward!?

 

Yoona raises an eyebrow. So this is why he made such a fuzz in their office by asking her out for lunch in front of their other co-employees. She’s so sure that Sunny and Irene will be digging information from her about their supposed-to-be romantic lunch getaway.

 

“I’ll be picking Meal 4. I just hope that they serve quickly here because I’m really hungry.” She complains as she closes the menu. “Do you know that old lady that I was catering to awhile ago? Gosh, she has so many demands! She can’t settle for one hotel and we were searching for more for the whole two hours that she was there.”

 

“You should have called for my help. I was so close to laughing at your helpless self while you try to argue with the lady.” Sehun emits a soft chuckle as he raises his arm to call the waiter.

 

“You’ve seen that I was struggling yet you settled on just watching me.” Yoona narrows her eyes as she looks at the man. “Anyway, why did you color your hair? And why the heck is it orange? Are you aspiring to be an idol or something?”

 

“I was trying to see how you’ll deal with such a customer since you’ve always been the patient kind. I wanted to see how you're going to snap at the poor old lady.” Sehun says and throws her an accusing gaze when she points at his hair. “It looks good on me, alright. And I bet look much better than those TV personalities.”

 

“Oh, I remember a famous artist just by looking at you.”

 

“I know that I’m handsome but you don’t need to state the obvious.”

 

“Aren’t you curious of who he is?”

 

“If it isn’t Yunho or Changmin you’d better shut up now.”

 

“Annoying orange.”

 

Sehun glares at her and Yoona bursts out laughing as she claps her hands. Seeing Sehun pissed off has always been the highlight of her day and now that she has thought of a new nickname for him, this fake relationship of them might actually be fun.

 

Before the guy can even retort, the waiter arrives and gets their orders. Yoona watches Sehun talk formally to the waiter and thought that he can be a nice guy if the person he’s talking to isn’t Yoona.

 

“You’re staring.” He says and Yoona snaps back into reality.

 

“You can be a decent person, that’s so amusing.” She states, making Sehun snicker. “I’m still wondering about something, actually.”

 

Seeing as how her eyebrows are furrowed, Sehun is brought back to the days when he used to watch Yoona observe everyone. She has always been the girl of many questions and he kinda misses the way her face scrunches up whenever she wants to ask something.

 

She’s doing it right now and he can’t believ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter