Pride or Secret?

atarashī koi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 13: Pride or Secret?

“Come home with me.” Yoona’s eyebrows are raised as soon as she hears the request – rather – a command from her stoic officemate, Oh Sehun. Those who have heard of the line turn their heads towards the two’s direction, quite wondering what on earth is happening.

 

“Why should I? We’re not even close to begin with.” Yoona replies as she crosses her arms in front of her chest. “And please, fix your statement. The others are getting the wrong idea about our conversation.”

 

Yoona then goes back to her work – arranging the new itinerary plan for her favorite customer, Jeon Jungkook – totally ignoring the fact that Oh Sehun has his eyes shut tightly as he contemplates on whether he should continue pursuing the girl or go to that damned blind date.

 

Having reached the fruitful age of 25, his parents are desperate to see their son bring home a girl. Sehun has the looks, the money, the intelligence, and everything a girl will wish for a guy but never in his life did he spare a glance at them. He is too busy moving forward towards his career and has no time to even entertain girls.

 

It is supposed to be his 100th blind date – quite an exaggeration but he’s just so tired of them – and he really wants to escape from the girls his parents set him up who are either too bratty or too clingy. They are too loud for him anyway.

 

He actually feels so stupid to even listen at his brother’s words: find a girl who will be willing to pretend that you’re her boyfriend but will never ask for commitment. He knows who the perfect fit is for it but here she is, totally ignoring his desperate pleas.

 

“It’s just so… hard to explain.” Sehun messes with his hair – a sight that is very rare to see. Yoona stops typing and glances at Sehun again, wondering what might be the problem of the guy.

 

Should I listen to him? Being the good girl as she is, a side of her actually wants to help him out, whatever the problem might be. Jesus, Yoona. You’re actually willing to aid the guy who keeps on being an towards you?

 

“What is it?” There she said it. She bites her lower lip as she internally smacks herself for giving the devil a chance. Sehun’s head jerks up as he looks at Yoona in disbelief and she totally knows that there’s no turning back now.

 

Knowing that many eyes are watching them now, Sehun moves his office chair closer to Yoona so that only the two of them will hear what he’s about to say.

 

“Be my fake girlfriend and come home with me tonight so that I can show you to my parents and escape that damned blind date.”

 

Sehun has always been straightforward and hearing his true intentions made Yoona’s jaw drop. How can he not sugarcoat his words? Oh wait – he has always been so narcissistic and he does not care about what others feel so why do I expect him to, at least, beautify his request?

 

“You’re surely not getting any girl with that kind of request.” Yoona shakes her head as she sinks deeply into her chair. “I’m sorry but I can’t accept your offer. You’re the only who’s going to benefit from this while I get nothing.” And I currently have a pretend boyfriend as well. I don’t want to two-time!

 

Sehun is in a dilemma as Yoona’s words slowly sink into his mind. He really has no choice and he’s desperate – he has no choice but to use something against her.

 

Seeing the glint of wickedness in his eyes, Yoona gulps. She expects that Sehun will play dirty by using some of her secrets – but wait, we aren’t even close so how can he use something against me?

 

“I know your dirty little secret, Miss author.” Yoona’s eyes widen as soon as she hears his statement. How can even know about her secret life when she has little of her friends who know about it?

 

“H-how could you say that?”

 

“If you don’t agree to come with me tonight, I’ll totally use my influence to spread the word about your beloved secret.”

 

“Will you tell me how you knew about that?”

 

“Only if you agree with my request.”

 

“This is blackmail!” She exclaims, totally forgetting the fact that they’re in the office and their co-workers are now looking at the both of them in curiosity. She’s furious – Oh Sehun is really a jerk and will always be a jerk!

 

Sehun’s smirk is evident – his worries evaporated as soon as he saw Yoona’s sudden outburst. He knows that he pushed a button of hers and she will definitely not decline his request knowing that he’s holding something against her.

 

In Yoona’s mind, Sehun is already dead. She has stabbed him a thousand times for being a jerk and for being a nuisance in her life. She thought that it was fun to see him vulnerable awhile ago but seeing as how he got up easily irritates the heck out of her. She knows that he’s true to his words and he’ll always get what he wants.

 

But if I agree with his request, then I’m like digging my own grave. Should I give my pride up for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter