Of Good Ramen & Good Company

atarashī koi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FOURTEEN: Of Good Ramen and Good Company

Yoona rests her back on her swivel chair as she stares into the screen with much concentration. The event three nights ago hasn’t left her mind and it has been bugging her eversince, especially the hopeful faces of the Oh family.

 

She then glances to the simple bracelet encircling her wrist – it has been said to be the first gift Mrs. Oh wanted to give to Sehun’s first and, hopefully, last girlfriend. The twitch of guilt hasn’t left her stomach as well, recalling how accommodating his parents were during that night.

 

That night, Yoona swore to herself that she’s never lying to a set of wonderful parents again, even for the sake of their beloved child. Shaking her head, she shuts her computer down and is about to fix her things when her pouch is immediately snatched off her hand.

 

“Hey –“ Before she can even continue her sentence, she sees Jungkook in front of her, wearing a wide smile on his face. She concludes that he has just got back from his vacation from Bali, Indonesia and is here to tell her about the details of his trip.

 

“We’re going to eat dinner!” He gleefully says – though it is too loud for their co-workers to cast a teasing look at the two. She hears giggles two cubicles away from her and having a hunch that it’s probably just Soon Kyu, she rolls her eyes.

 

“Aigoo, our lover boy has finally come back from his long trip! I wonder how they’re going to spend the night.” Doyeon says – rather yells – as she casts a glance at the two who seem to not care about what they’re going to say.

 

“It’s gotten cold and I bet… I bet they’d want to warm this night up.” Soon Kyu emits a high-pitched squeal as she slaps her desk continuously, earning laughter from the other two girls. Taehyung shakes his head at the actions of the elder women and shoots Jungkook a wink.

 

“Maybe we should let them leave early so they can catch up with one another.” Joining the bandwagon, Irene walks towards Yoona’s cubicle and rests a hand on her shoulders. “It’s alright, unnie. You can go five minutes ahead of us though we have clearly planned that we’re going to have a girls’ night out –“

 

“I’m sorry but I’m snatching her for tonight.” Jungkook says, rather apologetically. “I’m going to be away for another week after tonight and we have a lot of catching up to do. You know… as friends?” His last words made the women in the office rather giddy as Irene runs towards the two who keeps on yelling incoherent words (Yoona does not want to know just racy they are) and joins them.

 

On the other hand, Sehun is greatly annoyed. Maybe it was because they are too loud or maybe because Jungkook has the guts to ask her out for a dinner boldly in front of their officemates – Sehun has no idea. Wait – why does he even care?

 

Ignoring the continuous teases of their officemates towards the “couple”, Sehun fixes his things rather loudly and storms off towards his brother’s office upstairs so he can save his ears from being damaged from the earlier commotion.

 

Sunny notices his behavior and an evil smirk forms on as she shouts, "oh no, we got a love triangle out here!" making the other girls laugh again.

 

Yoona looks at where Sehun has left and emits a sigh. Except for their constant bickering inside the office, the both of them made sure to never mention about the one-time event from his place. As for their silent agreement, they know themselves that it’s never going to happen again.

 

Even though he has noticed, Sehun never questions her about why she doesn’t remove the bracelet from her wrist.

 

She doesn’t know why she’s not yet ge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter