He Knows

atarashī koi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 23: He Knows

“I see that you’re dating my younger brother.” Jin’s sudden revelation makes Yoona almost choke on her lunch. Their second meeting for the day just ended and they can finally have the rest of the afternoon by themselves and resume the other meetings tomorrow. “But, I also know that it’s just for show.”

 

“I’m really sorry, Jin.” Yoona says apologetically and places her utensils down for awhile. “It’s just that… circumstances happened and we just… kinda ended up at this situation. Well, we can somehow blame Sehun for this.” She jokes, hoping that the atmosphere between them will become less awkward.

 

“I don’t have any problem with you, Yoona. I’m just really concerned on how Sehun dragged you into this mess just because he wants our parents to stop setting him up into blind dates.” Jin complains. “Well, I can understand my parents because my younger brother literally hasn’t dated anyone since he entered the puberty stage.”

 

“I can agree to that. Girls from our alma mater in high school were so head over heels for him yet, I haven’t seen him entertain any of them.” Yoona nods her head as she decides to continue eating her lunch.

 

“Wait. You know Sehun from way back?” Jin asks and Yoona nods her head again. “And now, that’s what you call fate.”

 

“Jin!” Yoona shrieks in embarrassment as the elder laughs his heart out. In these rare moments, Yoona forgets that he’s older as he really likes to make fun of a lot of things and people. She can somehow imagine him teasing the hell out of Sehun and making the latter annoyed.

 

“It’s just that… it’s so rare for this to happen especially now that you’re both working in Seoul. It is a large city and you just can’t meet everyone you know from our province easily.” Jin states as she shrugs his shoulders. “Can you tell me more about Sehun in high school? I was already studying in Seoul when he was at that age, so we weren’t particularly close back then.”

 

“Oh, that explains why I haven’t seen you in any of Sehun’s games.” Yoona shares. “Anyway, we weren’t close either. We were just classmates and we didn’t talk much, except for the time when I accidentally hit him with a water bottle. He was really annoyed and he started sending me death glares everytime he saw me.”

 

“You did that?” Jin emits a peal of giggles once again, making Yoona chuckle. “I thought my brother is untouchable, but it seems like certain kinds of people can make him break his habits such as avoiding people’s gazes.” He says in enthusiasm and Yoona can only agree with him on that.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter