Epilogue

Crossroads

“Kwon Yuri! Hurry up! We’re going to be late!”

Yuri hurriedly cleaned up the remaining dishes and wiped her hands dry on a kitchen towel before running towards the front door of their home.

“Can you get Kyungsan’s pacifier? He’s kicking up a giant fuss without it.”

The poor tanned girl doubled back into the kitchen and grabbed the pacifier from the sterilizer and rushed back out. There stood Jessica looking extremely beautiful in the pink gown, courtesy of Tiffany, as she cooed gently to a three year old Kyungsan who looked visibly upset.

“Here’s his pacifier, Sica.”

“Thank you, Yul. Let’s get going. We’re gonna have to pick my sister up at the airport first.”

The small family made their way down the the basement and got into Yuri’s car, with Jessica making sure their son was strapped in securely to the child seat. Yuri fired up the car and headed towards the airport, talking excitedly with Jessica about Krystal’s return to Seoul.

“How long has it been since you last saw baby Jung?”

“At least a good three and a half years. She had her studies to finish, I didn’t want her switching schools halfway even though we’re already free from our parents.”

“Then it’ll be good to see her after such a long time.”

Jessica nodded and smiled, reminiscing the times that she had spent summer breaks with Yuri and Krystal usually tagged along, the latter hero worshipping the couple.

“We’re here. Why don’t you give her a call?”

Jessica nodded and pulled out her phone to dial her sister’s number as Yuri turned to the backseat and checked on Kyungsan who was fast asleep. 

“Hey Soojung, I’m out front. Where are you?”

“Yah! It’s Krystal! How many times do I have to repeat that? We’ve cleared the immigration check and we’re picking up our bags now. We’ll probably be out there in five minutes.”

“We? Who’s we?”

“I just spotted our bags, see you later unnie.”

“Soojung-“

And just like that, Krystal hung up on Jessica who looked like confused as hell. “What’s wrong, baby?” asked Yuri, turning back her attention to her wife.

“Soojung said we.”

Yuri shrugged, “Maybe she brought a friend from USA. She can always bunk in Krystal’s room. There’s more than enough space there.” Jessica nodded at Yuri’s words and within minutes, they spotted Krystal walking out. The older girl excitedly stepped out of the car and ran towards her younger sister, enveloping the girl in a tight hug.

“Ouf! Good to see you too, unnie,” Krystal choked out as she hugged her sister back. 

“I’ve missed you, kiddo.”

“YAH! I’m already twenty one and legal.”

“Nope, you’re still my baby sister.”

“Argh, why do I- Oh! Yuri unnie!”

Jessica stomped her feet as Krystal moved to hug Yuri who had stepped out of the car to welcome the younger Jung. “Hey Soojung, you’ve grown quite a bit. You’re almost as tall as me. Who’s your friend over there?”

Jessica and Krystal turned to the direction Yuri was pointing at and they saw a slightly taller boy standing within earshot of them. Krystal immediately smiled and skipped over to pull the boy closer. Hands tightly intertwined, Krystal happily announced. 

“Unnies, I’d like you to meet my girlfriend, Amber.”


—————


“Sooyoung! No pigging out on the food before it starts!”

Sooyoung turned a face full of guilt at Soyeon who had her hands on her hips as Boram stood behind her giggling. “Sorry about that Soyeon,” said Sooyoung sheepishly as she placed the shrimp she was holding back down on it’s plate.

Soyeon sighed and picked up small tray of chicken sandwiches from the refridgerator, “You could have just told me you were hungry. Those are the ones already nicely laid out. I have some to spare for food monsters, like you, Boram, Yoona and Jiyeon.”

“Hey!” said Boram, feigning hurt. 

“Sorry baby, you know it’s true,” came the nonchalant reply but Boram received a kiss on the forehead from her girlfriend and seemed quite satisfied with it. “Oh my God, Soyeon, you’re the best!,” shrieked Sooyoung excitedly at the sight of food, which attracted the attention of another who were trying to sneak into the kitchen. 

“Did someone say food?” asked Yoona excitedly, popping her head into the kitchen. Soyeon gestured to the tray, “Right here, you shikshin.” Yoona beamed and scrambled over to where Sooyoung was trying to devour three sandwiches at once.

“Where’s the baby dinosaur?”

“W-wif da b-blide,” came the reply from Yoona’s stuffed mouth.

“Where are the rest then?” asked Sooyoung.

“So this is where you girls are.” The girls greeted Eunjung who had just arrived with Seohyun and Qri. 

“Did you guys come here together?”

“Yes unnies. We just got here not too long ago,” answered Seohyun politely. Eunjung and Qri helped themselves to the food that Yoona offered to them. “How’s business going leadernim?” asked Soyeon to Qri, who told her about the law firm she and Eunjung were running, their main client being Lee Corporations.

“Not too bad, there are a couple of loose ends to tie up after Sunny’s purchase of the studio, name transfers are boring,” answered Qri lazily.

Tiffany popped her head in then and flashed her signature eye smile at the girls.

“Sorry for breaking up the feast, but we need to get the bridesmaids fitted for the rehearsal now. Oh hey there, Jungie and Qri! Seobaby, please stop Yoona from eating.”

Yoona quickly stuffed the sandwich she was holding into and she walked towards Tiffany with Seohyun. “I’ll see you girls at the ceremony later. Can someone send some food to Tae-Tae? She hasn’t eaten since this morning. Thanks girls!” said Tiffany cheerfully before leaving with the two maknaes.

Soyeon moved to prepare a plate of food for the kid leader and Sooyoung took the plate from her when she was done, “I’ll do it.” 

“Make sure there’s still food on the plate when you get it to her.”

“YAH!”


—————


Twaaang-

“Urgh!”

Taeyeon took a deep breath as she placed her hands on the keyboard, frustrated at messing up the note again. She had been practicing since morning for a duet song that she and Tiffany would be performing for the wedding but her nerves were shot.

“You look troubled, Taeng.”

The danshin looked up to see her taller friend and sighed as she turned back to the piano. “I can’t seem to get this right,” mumbled Taeyeon as Sooyoung took a seat next to her. “What seems to be the problem? Maybe I can help?” 

“It’s.. Never mind.”

“Come on Taengoo. You can confide in me. I promise I won’t tell on you.”

Another sigh escaped Taeyeon’s lips and she turned to face Sooyoung, “Soo, have you ever thought of marrying Jiyeon?” This surprised Sooyoung a little and she thought about the notion. 

“I haven’t. But I wouldn’t mind once she’s ready.”

“How do you know that she’s ready.”

“Well, if this relationship wasn’t going anywhere, why would we still be together?”

“...”

“Tae, is Tiffany pressuring you about it?”

“W-what? No!” said Taeyeon shaking her head rapidly and waving her arms like a cartoon character.

“It’s just.. I don’t know if she would want to marry me. I mean, look at her. She’s so beautiful and perfect and she’s staying with someone like me. My schedules are so tight and she hardly sees me with all the travelling for my album promotions. Maybe there’s someone out there who can treat her better and always be there for her.”

Taeyeon stared at the piano keys with a forlorn expression and Sooyoung felt bad for the shorter girl. She slipped her arm around Taeyeon’s shoulder, “Look Taeng. Tiffany loves you. Just look at the way she goes all googly eyed around you and has she ever complained about you not being around?”

“No.”

“Then you shouldn’t feel bad about it. Speak to her if you feel scared. Pany has waited for you for years. Don’t make her wait any longer, make her yours. Now, let’s give that song another shot, I want to hear it.”

Sooyoung patted Taeyeon who nodded slowly, her thoughts running deep as she placed her hands on the piano keys once more, letting her finger start the sweet melody of the song she and Tiffany sang, oh so many years ago. But this time, Taeyeon played it without a single mistake and Sooyoung clapped heartily when Taeyeon hit the final note.

“That was beautiful, Taeng. I’m sure the couple will appreciate it.”

“Thanks Sooyoungie.”

“Please eat the lunch that Soyeon prepared for you or I will which then puts me in the danger of being murdered for it,” answered Sooyoung with a smile and placed the plate in front of Taeyeon before getting up. 

“Now, I must be off to do my groomsmen duties. Finish this and come over for the rehearsals.”


—————


The scent of roses filled the room that was bathed in sunlight making the suite have this almost ethereal afterglow.

Jiyeon hummed a happy tune and took a deep breath of the scent from one of the thousands of rose bouquets in the suite, as she waited for the bride to be done wearing her dress.

“Hey Yeonnie, how do I look?”

The maknae turned and clasped her hands to , slight tears forming at the corner of her eyes, clearly estatic from the beautiful sight of her friend. “Omo, unnie. No wonder Sunny-unnie is crazy over you.”

Hyomin smiled awkwardly, “You really think so? She hasn’t seen me in this dress. She thinks I’m getting the other one but Tiffany told me not to tell her about this one.” 

It was indeed a wonderful dress that the pink princess had designed, white silk and chiffon clung to Hyomin’s curves that tumbled graciously into ruffles and intricate crystals donned to form a shape of a snowflake sitting beautifully on where the chiffon twisted and met. And atop her head sat a beautiful ring of tiny, white flowers that held a veil.

“Unnie, if she wasn’t marrying you now, I would.”

“Yah, Jiyeonnie. Sooyoung would be mad at me hearing you say that.”

“Nah, she knows that I love her, but you’re my unnie, and nothing can replace that.”

Hyomin chuckled and allowed Jiyeon to fix her veil that had come a little lopsided from Hyomin’s shaky hands. “Unnie, are you nervous?” asked Jiyeon as Hyomin took a deep breath to steady herself and Hyomin smiled at her maknae, “A little. But it’s Sunny I’m marrying, so I shouldn’t be so, right?”

Jiyeon smiled as she finished fixing the veil and before she could say anything, there was a knock at the door. The maknae stood and went to open the door for Jessica and Tiffany to enter who provided the same reaction as Jiyeon when they saw Hyomin.

“Omo, Hyomin, you look so good. Tiffany, you really did a good job on this dress,” exclaimed Jessica. Tiffany smiled and nodded, “But it’s Hyomin who’s truly making the dress shine. I can’t ask for a better person to wear it.” Hyomin smiled sheepishly and mumbled her thanks, still looking a little nervous.

“Hyomin, what’s up? You’re shaking,” asked Jessica as she took Hyomin’s hands in hers.

“Unnie is feeling nervous about the wedding.”

Hyomin sighed, “I’m just nervous about whether I’m what Sunny wants for the rest of her life. I mean, she hasn’t told the press about this. What if the public finds out and the business suffers because of me? Am I doing the right thing by being selfish and wanting her all to myself?”

Jessica smiled and gently tucked one of Hyomin’s stray hairs behind the girl’s ear, “Hyomin, if there’s one thing I know about Sunny, is that once she’s fixed her mind on something, nothing can change it. And I know my friend loves you from the bottom of her heart, no tabloid, human being or even God can stop her from doing so. Be proud she’s chosen you, and stay with her even when times get hard. That’s all she wants from you, to be by her side and love her forever. Can you do that for her?”

Hyomin blinked a few times and smiled, “That is unspoken Sica. I love her with all my heart. I won’t leave her no matter what.” Jessica smiled and patted her friend’s shoulder, “Then there’s nothing to be nervous about. You’re granting our friend’s wish of marrying the love of her life. I know becauseTiffany would do the same for Taeyeon and they’re are pretty much similar.”

Feeling a lot better, the now brunette Hyomin smiled at her friends, “Thank you all. And Tiffany, shouldn’t it be your turn to get married next?”

Tiffany blushed as her friends burst out laughing, “O-of course I want that, but my Tae-Tae is a little shy and I’m not going to push her into it. I’ll just wait until that day.” Jiyeon smiled and nudged Tiffany with an elbow, “Do you need mine and Sooyoung’s help?” 

“Yah! No way! You two are major pranksters, aside from Hyoyeon. You might end up making her scared!” 

“Who’s going to be scared?”

Sooyoung popped her head in and smiled at the girls, her eyes lingering on Jiyeon for a tad longer than the rest. “None of your business Soo, you’re not supposed to be in here. Go check up on the groom!” said Tiffany trying to shoo the taller girl out.

“I’m only here to see my beautiful Dino, you pink puff!” said Sooyoung as Jiyeon gently pulled Tiffany off Sooyoung. Jiyeon giggled and placed a small kiss on Sooyoung’s lips, “Everything is fine here, Beanstalk. Go check on Sunny. The ceremony is going to start shortly.”

Sooyoung smiled and nodded, “See you there, gorgeous.” Jiyeon shook her head and smiled as the door closed behind Sooyoung and she turned back to the girls, their teasing now focused on Jiyeon’s display of affection for their friend.


—————


“Goddamn, this veil isn’t right!”

Taeyeon chuckled as Sunny glared at her reflection and the veil that had been messing with her for the past ten minutes. Reaching out to help her friend, Taeyeon grinned at Sunny’s pouting face.

“Yah, you look even more like a kid with that face,” chuckled Taeyeon and she corrected the mess Sunny had made earlier. “Pfft, that makes two of us, Taeng.” 

“Hey! I’m trying to help you out here, you midget.”

“Says the danshin.”

The two friends grinned at each other and Taeyeon patted Sunny’s back, “But in all seriousness, congratulations Sunny. I’m glad you two got back together. You’re a whole different person once Hyomin returned.” Sunny grinned at her friend’s words, “Thanks Taeng. I just hope she won’t get too freaked at what I’m about to do later.”

Taeyeon raised her eyebrows at this new piece of information, “What are you planning to do?”

“You’ll see.”

“Aww, come on. I’m your best friend.”

“And I love you for that, but this is something for Yuri to do.”

“You trust that woman more than me? How could you Sunny.”

“Easy, I’m her event manager. Whatever is going to happen goes through me first.”

“Since when did you show up?”

Yuri grinned as she closed the door behind her, “Since just now.”

“Where’s Kyungsan?”

“He’s with Krystal and Amber. Those two can’t get enough of him.”

“Who’s Amber?”

“Krystal’s girlfriend but keep it on the down low. Sica is about to murder Krystal for dating without letting her screen her partner.”

Taeyeon let out a chuckle, “Says the ice princess who married a crazy pabo like you.” Yuri tackled Taeyeon and the two started playfully wrestling until Taeyeon gave up from the obvious disadvantage in stature.

“Okay okay, you win. But seriously Sunny, what are you planning later?”

Sunny, who had been ignoring the two to dote on Kyungsan, turned to Taeyeon, “Not telling, it’s a surprise. For all of us, except Yuri and Sica.” Taeyeon’s eyes bulged, “What?! Even Sica knows?!” Yuri placed a hand on Taeyeon’s shoulder, “Taeng, we do work for Sunny, you know. We need to know the things she tries to pull off before it happens just in case it’s too crazy.”

Taeyeon sighed and resigned to the notion, “Fine. If you put it that way, then I suppose it must make some sense, this idea of yours.” Sunny merely shrugged as the door opened again and Sooyoung appeared at the door.

“Girls, it’s time.”


—————


The Yoido Church was filled to the brim with friends and families of the soon-to-be-married couple and buzz of excitement was undeniable. Sunny had booked the whole church for the wedding and Yuri had really done a number on the decorations as white drapings hung from the ceilings and flowers were placed everywhere, making the auditorium look like a botanic garden.

Sunny stood nervously at the podium, her hands gripping the hem of the short white dress she was wearing that Tiffany had designed. Sooyoung placed a gentle hand on top of her friend’s shoulder and whispered, “Sunny, relax. It’ll be fine.” Sunny nodded and turned to Yuri, who smiled and mouthed the words, “Don’t worry, it’s all going according to plan.”

Suddenly, the tune of the wedding march rang from the speakers and the double doors to the auditorium swung open, a bright stream of light pouring onto the walkway. 

There walked in the bridesmaids, all in pink, also a courtesy of Tiffany’s creations, all full of smiles as Jessica, Tiffany and Jiyeon walked down the aisle carrying small bouquets of white flowers. Taeyeon who was standing on the stage with Sunny, gulped at the sight of her beautiful girlfriend, who flashed a stunning eyesmile, nearly turning Taeyeon’s knees into jelly. 

Jiyeon winked at Sooyoung who returned the gesture with a giant grin and Yuri tried her best not to laugh at Jessica battling to smile and glare at Amber as she passed the seats where Krystal and her were seated on. 

The bridesmaids took their place atop the stage and then everyone turned their attention to the doors that swung open once more, this time to reveal a sight that made Sunny’s mouth water.

In all her life, she had never seen someone as beautiful as her bride, who looked like an angel sent from heaven with her bright smile softly hidden behind the veil, her arm linked around Mr. Park’s who was wearing a proud smile. Sunny’s gaze caught Hyomin’s and their eyes held each other’s gazes as Hyomin walked for what seemed like an eternity to reach her soulmate. Mr. Park helped Hyomin up the flight of stairs to the stage and gently kissed Hyomin’s veiled forehead before turning to take a seat next to his wife.

Sunny couldn’t take her eyes off Hyomin and the latter felt exactly the same way. Their dreamy staring continued until Sooyoung cleared and the two blushed like a pair of tomatoes, earning sniggers from their friends. The priest cleared his throat and started the ceremony.

“We are gathered here today in the sight of God and angels, and the presence of friends and loved ones, to celebrate one of life’s greatest moments, to give recognition to the worth and beauty of love, and to add our best wishes and blessings to the words which shall unite Lee Soonkyu and Park Sunyoung in holy matrimony.”

“Would you please face each other and join hands.”

Sunny took a hold of Hyomin’s soft hands and the tall brunette blushed a little when Sunny squeezed her hands a little. Before the priest could say another word, Yuri cleared and whispered something into his ear. The priest raised his eyebrows and nodded, prompting Yuri to turn to Sunny with a questioning look.

“You sure?”

Sunny nodded, “Positive. Let them in.” 

Yuri nodded and spoke something into a walkie talkie she was carrying. A few moments later, the doors opened and in came a bunch of reporters with Hara in the lead, flashing a bright smile at Sunny who returned it and mouthed the words thank you to her. A not so quiet murmur rang through the crowd as they had thought that this was a private event and the last thing that Sunny would want is reporters seeing one of the most prominent business figures breaking a traditional marriage.

Hyomin turned to Sunny looking confused at the sudden addition of people, “What’s going on baby?” Sunny smiled at her bride, “It’s alright, my love. I want everyone to know how much I love you.”

“B-but, y-your business..”

Sunny gripped the hands she was holding tighter and whispered words that Hyomin would remember for the rest of her life, “Sunyoung, this whole corporation, all this business, this luxury, means nothing if I don’t have you. I don’t want to hide us anymore. You don’t deserve to be hidden. You’re the gem of my life and I want you to sparkle a brightly as a diamond. No more hiding, I love you Sunyoung, and I’m going to show the world I mean it.”

Tears gathered at the corner of Hyomin’s eyes as she saw nothing but love emanating from those beautiful brown eyes and she nodded as the cameras started flashing. Sunny smiled and turned back to the priest, “Sorry about that Father, you may continue.” The priest cleared his throat and continued the ceremony.

“Lee Soonkyu, do you take Park Sunyoung to be your wife? Do you promise to love, honor, cherish and protect her, forsaking all others and holding only to her forevermore?”

“I do.” 

“Park Sunyoung, do you take Lee Soonkyu to be your wife? Do you promise to love, honor, cherish and protect her, forsaking all others and holding only to her forevermore?”

“I do.”

“I now pronounce you, wife and wife. Congratulations, you may kiss your bride.”

Sunny smiled as she lifted Hyomin’s veil and saw a smile that shone brighter than any light, one that she would cherish for eternity and their lips met as the crowd cheered wildly in the background of flashing camera lights. The soft melody of Taeyeon’s song played through the air as Tiffany and Taeyeon sang their duet.

When they broke apart from their breathless kiss, Sunny smiled and caressed her wife’s face.

“I love you Sunyoung, you are my reason for existence.”

“As you are mine.”


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
 
Author’s Note:
Surprise! I decided to make an epilogue since I kinda missed Sunbyung couple in this story. 
I hope you guys enjoyed it!
Now, time to continue my other fictions. Hehe.
Happy Chinese New Year to all those who celebrate!