Chapter 32: Girls’ Generation

Crossroads

“Pany-unnie! This place looks daebak!”

 

Jiyeon was right. The store was decorated beautifully with tasteful white furniture and full glass walls to display all of the fashion pieces designed by Tiffany. Some of the walls had been painted, pink of course, and a large crystal chandelier hung from the ceiling casting a soft glow to create a warm ambience over the dressed up guests of the night. It was a black tie event and anyone who was anyone was invited to the party, dressed their best that night, it was Tiffany Hwang’s party after all.

 

“Thank you Jiyeonnie. It’s nice of you and Yoong to drop by from your busy schedules,” replied Tiffany with her signature eye smile and moved to hug the younger girl. “Nah, that was our last photoshoot for the season anyway. We made sure our schedules were clear until after Yuri and Sica’s wedding,” replied Yoona with a wide smile.

 

Tiffany smiled at the two girls who had become highly sought models after being scouted by a large modelling agency and it was not difficult to see why. Both girls had matured into beautiful women who had both men and women falling to their knees from their beauty. 

 

“Where’s Soo anyway?” asked Tiffany.

 

“Aish, Beanstalk said she’d be here soon!” grumbled Jiyeon and whipped out her phone. “Pabo! Where are you? You promised you’d be here in five minutes! It’s nearly been ten!” Jiyeon screeched into the phone as soon as Sooyoung answered. 

 

“I’m around the corner, you Dino! I know you miss me, but you need to relax!”

 

“YAH! Who said I missed you?! You’re just late, Beanstalk!”

 

“Then what was the last seven messages about how you want to see me badly?” teased Sooyoung. Jiyeon blushed hard because she had placed Sooyoung on loudspeaker and her two friends were now roaring with laughter at a blushing Jiyeon.

 

“Whatever, Beanstalk! Just get here soon! And drive safely!” whined Jiyeon into the phone.

 

“Yes, my baby Dino. I love you too,” said Sooyoung cheekily as the sharp eyed girl hung up and turned to glare at the laughing duo. “Omo, she could give Sica a run for her money with that glare,” chuckled Tiffany, wiping a tear from her eye. 

 

“Who’s gonna give me a run for my money?”

 

Tiffany and Yoona squealed when they saw their friend and moved to hug the ice princess who was stunned by the suddenness of her friends actions. Yuri who was behind Jessica, chuckled and waved hello to the girls before she was smothered by their hugs too. Jiyeon and Jessica looked at each other and nodded awkwardly, still not exactly the best of friends, but they had already put their differences aside when things had been explained back then.

 

“Where’s Sunny-unnie? I thought she was with you two?” asked Jiyeon curiously to the ice queen. “She’ll be here soon. She had something to do before leaving,” explained Yuri to the sharp eyed girl. Tiffany announced then that they should help themselves to the buffet spread she had ordered for the occasion. Jiyeon and Yoona cheered happily being the shikshins they were. “Omo, it all looks so good Pany-unnie!” Yoona shrieked gleefully when she saw the delicious spread.

 

“What looks good?” 

 

The girls turned to look at a tall figure who had emerged from the crowd and more squeals erupted.

 

“Sooyoung!” 

 

The tall girl chuckled as Yoona, Tiffany, Yuri and Jessica hugged her tightly. However, Sooyoung’s eyes searched a little further and curved into a knowing smile when she met sharp eyes. When the girls let her go, she stood holding her arms open, beckoning Jiyeon to embrace her. To their surprise, the maknae huffed and looked away with crossed arms. “Wae?” muttered Tiffany worriedly. But Sooyoung merely grinned.

 

Jiyeon felt a pair of arms encircle her from behind and blushed as she heard Sooyoung’s whisper in her ear, “Mianhe, for being late.” The shorter girl turned to face her girlfriend, “Yah! You know we haven’t seen each other in forever, yet you have the audacity to show up late?” 

 

Sooyoung laughed when she saw Jiyeon pout cutely. “Forgive me, my love. Let me make it up to you by spending the rest of the week with you.” Jiyeon’s eyes went wide, “Jjinja? I thought you had an important lawsuit to work on?” 

 

“I stayed back a little today to wrap it up so that I would have the whole week free for you.”

 

“Is that a promise?”

 

“I swear it’s a promise, Jiyeonnie.”

 

“Fine, but, I expect buffets for the entire week.”

 

“You’ll have it, my Dino.”

 

“Then in that case-,” Jiyeon kissed Sooyoung deeply, “you’re forgiven and I missed you.” The couple was interrupted by their friends cat calling and whistles. Jiyeon was saved from embarrassment when her phone rang and she spoke to someone on the phone for a bit before informing the rest that the girls from Sungkyunkwan were about to arrive. “What about the other girls?” asked Sooyoung. 

 

“Well, Yul said that Sunny would be here soon. Hyoyeon is gonna pick Seobaby up from the hospital after she leaves her dance studio. Tae-Tae told me that she was leaving the recording studio about half an hour ago so they all should be here soon,” explained Tiffany. 

 

“Hospital?! Is Seohyun alright?” screeched Jiyeon.

 

The other girls looked at Jiyeon and laughed at the girl’s worried expression until Sooyoung gently explained to her girlfriend that Seohyun was completing her internship in her final year of her medical course. The tall girl chuckled when Jiyeon breathed a sigh of relief, only to squeal once more when the girls from Sungkyunkwan showed up and ran to hug her sisters.

 

“Sorry we’re a little late, Boram and I just closed up the restaurant not long ago and Eunjung and Qri had to wait for us in the car,” explained Soyeon who returned Jiyeon’s hug. The girls chatted and caught up for awhile until Hyoyeon and Seohyun showed up a little while later. Tiffany started getting jittery wondering where Taeyeon until the girl magically appeared looking tired out.

 

“Looking a little worn out there leader-nim,” chuckled Hyoyeon. Taeyeon glanced over at the energetic dancing queen, “Yah. You’d be tired too if you were stuck recording the same song for the past ten hours.” Tiffany immediately moved to fawn over her girlfriend, “Aww, my poor Tae-Tae.” That left the other girls sniggering at Taeyeon’s blushing face although the danshin was secretly enjoying Tiffany’s affections.

 

The girls heard a loud roar of an engine from outside and they looked to see a familiar white Murcielago pull up in front of the store’s red carpet. Sunny stepped out of the car and handed the keys to the valet. “Please be careful with it. It’s really sentimental to me,” said Sunny to the valet who quickly nodded his head. The short girl walked down the red carpet and was greeted cheerfully by her friends. 

 

They chatted for another half an hour or so before someone came to inform Tiffany that it was time for her speech and the girls moved to a small stage that had been set up against one of the store’s walls. They watched their American born friend take the stage and she looked nervous. Tiffany glanced around to the crowd and her eyes met Taeyeon’s reassuring ones. Taking a deep breath, she drew courage from her girlfriend’s smile and looked back towards the crowd with a signature eye smile painted on her pretty face.

 

“Good evening ladies and gentlemen, I’d like to thank everyone for coming tonight to the grand opening of Girls’ Generation,” Tiffany announced happily and continued her speech with the girls cheering loudly for her when it was time for her to cut the ribbon to her new store. “I’m so proud of you for finally achieving your dreams baby,” whispered Taeyeon when Tiffany returned to them from the stage. She grinned when Tiffany kissed her and whispered back, “Thank you for believing in me Tae-Tae.”

 

“Urgh, you two need to get a room,” exclaimed a voice from behind the girls. They turned to see a man standing behind them, one that made Taeyeon suddenly fume in anger. It’s been more than two years since she last saw Luhan and although Tiffany had previously convinced Taeyeon that there had been nothing going between them, she still couldn’t help the jealous monster that was rearing it’s ugly head now. Especially when her girlfriend squealed before running to hug the man. 

 

Luhan noticed Taeyeon’s face was increasingly turning red and quickly explained, “Don’t worry Taeyeon, I’m here with my special someone,” Out of the blue, Taeyeon felt arms wrap around her from behind and almost punched Baekhyun in the face out of shock. “Woah woah woah. This isn’t the way you’re supposed to welcome someone you once danced with.” Taeyeon felt her face grow hot out of embarrassment this time and apologized profusely to the Baekhyun as Tiffany and Luhan chuckled at the danshin’s actions.

 

“Really fancy place you’ve got going here, Tiffany,” stated Luhan as he moved to stand beside his boyfriend. Just as Tiffany was about to thank her friend, he continued, “Buuuut, I think you need a new photographer for your store displays.” Tiffany looked surprised, “Wae? What’s wrong with the current ones?” Luhan looked thoughtful for a moment, “Well, your designs are beautiful but the posters in the store front seem to dull it’s beauty.” That got Tiffany worried but Taeyeon quickly stepped in, “If you’re saying these aren’t good enough, do you have a suggestion?” Baekhyun grinned at that, “Why, we thought you’d never ask.”

 

They proceeded to tell the two girls about an up and coming photographer who was in high demand for their work. Apparently, this photography prodigy had a keen eye for beauty and produced magnificent photos. Even Taeyeon who was not easily impressed gasped when Baekhyun showed her some of the photographer’s work online. Every single shot was taken with such heart that it caused a depth of emotions to be stirred in the eyes of those who witnessed it. Taeyeon noticed a little watermark at the corner.

 

“Psy?”

 

“Yeah, apparently that’s what he calls himself,” said Baekhyun.

 

“But, I heard he’s extremely hard to obtain and you’d have to have special connections to get him to work for you,” whined Luhan. Tiffany raised her eyebrows at that, “You’re looking to work with him too?” Beakhyun chuckled, “Yeah, this choding wants him to be our wedding photographer.” Taeyeon choked for a moment, “W-wait, you guys are getting married? Congratulations!” The two girls smiled as Luhan showed off the fancy diamond ring Beakhyun had used to propose to him and as the two girls were admiring it, he couldn’t help but to slip in a sly comment, “So, when are you two tying the knot? Time doesn’t wait for everyone, you know.”

 

Taeyeon looked over at Tiffany and blushed hard, with her girlfriend following suit. For the past two years, both girls had been working hard to establish the store and Taeyeon’s music career that they had not thought about settling down. But something Luhan said sparked a thought in Taeyeon.

 

“A-anyway,” stammered Tiffany wanting to change the subject, “Do you have any leads on where to get a meet up with this photographer?” Baekhyun shrugged, “Unless you’re in the modelling or photography industry, I doubt it. If you have any friends who are models, you might wanna ask them. They might be able to speak to people who do know this guy.” Taeyeon and Tiffany looked at each other for a moment before they both exclaimed the same thing.

 

“Yoona and Jiyeon.”

 

 

—————

 

 

“So how are things, Jiyeonnie?”

 

Sunny was leaning against the wall while she sipped her glass of champagne with the young maknae to keep her company. “Things are going well, unnie. I just finished a photoshoot for a cosmetics company,” chirped Jiyeon and pulled out her phone to show Sunny some of the pictures she took during her breaks. 

 

“Wow, you look really good in those photos!” said Sunny and Jiyeon responded with a confident, “Of course!” which made Sunny laugh. The taller girl sighed and leaned against the wall with Sunny, “My first photoshoot was with Eunjung and I can’t believe how time flies. It seems like yesterday that Eunjung nearly killed Hyomin for taking-“

 

The maknae quickly stopped herself when she uttered her friend’s name and glanced at Sunny whose expression fell slightly. 

 

“U-unnie, do you miss her?”

 

“...”

 

Jiyeon understood Sunny’s silence. Even though the red head didn’t say it, Jiyeon could see the girl’s eyes starting to glisten with the memory of her ex-lover. She didn’t know how to tell Sunny that the feeling was mutual whenever she asked Hyomin the same question during their calls. Her sister would always freeze up for a few moments and change the topic with a hint of sadness in her voice. But she had made a promise to Hyomin to not reveal her number or whereabouts so that Sunny could forget about her. At first, Sunny had bugged every single one of the T-ARA girls until she realized that all of them were sworn to secrecy and would not break their promise to their friend.

 

Oh Hyomin-unnie, if only you knew how much Sunny-unnie still loves you even after all this time, thought Jiyeon sadly. Her thoughts were interrupted when Tiffany appeared out of nowhere to squeal an over excited hello to the two girls. 

 

“Jiyeon-ah, I have something to ask you,” started Tiffany.

 

“What is it, unnie?”

 

“Have you heard of a photographer named Psy?”

 

“Hmm.. It rings a bell but I can’t be too sure.”

 

“Apparently he’s an up and coming photographer but he’s really hard to get to.”

 

“I’m not too sure, maybe Yoona would know. Let me go get her. Oh wait, there she is- YOONA!”

 

The tall girl who was chatting with Seohyun jumped when Jiyeon screeched her name and they made their way over to the trio. “Yah, you don’t have to screech my name so loudly, you Dino,” said Yoona who gave a playful punch to her modelling partner.

 

“Yah, you do the same to me on the photo sets, you Alligator. Anyway, Pany-unnie was asking me about that photographer.”

 

“Who?”

 

“Psy.”

 

“You don’t remember him? He was the one who took photos of our winter shoot two years ago back in America.”

 

“Wait, you mean the mysterious dude who wore so much clothes and sunglasses while doing the shoot? The one that was so arrogant that he didn’t speak to anyone except his assistant?”

 

“Yeah, the very same.”

 

“No wonder that collection sold like hot cakes.”

 

Tiffany looked at Yoona and Jiyeon who was bantering back and forth. “So can you guys get a hold of him?” asked Tiffany curiously. Yoona frowned softly, “I dunno, unnie. We could try to ask our manager but from what I heard, the company that got a hold of him had a difficult time getting him to do the shoot. They even offered him a blank cheque which he turned down. Our manager told us a rumour that he only agreed to do it when he saw that me and Jiyeon were in the list of models.”

 

Jiyeon looked over to her friend, “Jjinja?” Yoona nodded. Tiffany clapped her hands gleefully at that, “So that means if you girls model for Girls’ Generation, he’d do it too!” Jiyeon looked at Yoona for a moment before turning back to Tiffany with a nod, “I guess so. We’ll try and ask our manager if it’s possible.” Tiffany threw her arm up in a triumphant fist pump and hugged the two younger girls with a death grip. Sunny and Seohyun chuckled at their friend’s enthusiasm and also because Jiyeon and Yoona were pleading for oxygen.

 

When the party ended, the two models promised Tiffany that they would get back to her about they were successful as soon as possible which earned endless thanks from the pink princess. The girls bid each other goodnight and left on their own separate ways.

 

 

—————

 

 

The parking lot came alive with bright white lights and the gentle roar from the white super car. Sunny guided the car to it’s parking spot and turned the engine off before heading up to her studio. 

 

The combination remained the same after all these years as she punched in the numbers, eight-nine-zero-five-three-zero. The darkened room quickly lit up as it’s sensors detected Sunny stepping into the space. Two years after it’s previous owner had left, nothing much had changed. The furniture was still in it’s same place, the television was still hooked up to a crazy amount of gaming consoles, although quite a bit of dust had settled onto the untouched devices. Photos littered the desk showing a number of smiling, happy girls.

 

Sunny had not wanted to change it in any way. She wanted every little thing she remembered of Hyomin to stay the way it was. The short girl removed her shoulder wrap and slipped out of the dress she was wearing. Grabbing her towel, she headed for the showers and relished the hot water streaming down her body. 

 

 

Do you miss her?

 

Don’t you ever want to see her again?

 

I hope you meet your long lost love someday.

 

 

Without realizing it, her tears had already joined the hot water that was pouring down her face. Hyomin, you have no idea how much I love and miss you, thought Sunny as she cried silently. She let herself weep for a bit more and decided that she needed to sleep it off.

 

The small girl crept into the same bed, covered in the same sheets. Sheets that had long lost the sweet tangerine smell she had loved all these years. Sunny picked up her phone that was lying next to her head and searched for a certain video that had been sent to her by Yuri so many years ago. 

 

 

..Nun tteugi jeone geudae eolgureul..

..Achim bit soge geuryeobogon hae..

 

 

There she was. The face and voice that haunted Sunny all these years. She secretly thanked Yuri for recording Hyomin’s performance during the competition. Tears unwillingly flowed down her cheeks once more as she listened to Hyomin’s confession of love for her. Sunny continued to weep until sleep claimed her where even in her dreams, she searched for her angel.

 

 

 

 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

 

Author’s Note:

Hey everyone! First off, sorry for turning this a bit angsty but I feel that it’s a direction that I need the story to turn towards this for it to be more complete.

Thanks again for reading this story. 

I’m thinking of trying out one-shots after this rather than a full blown fic.

Is there any couple you would like to read about? Maybe it could be like an epilogue to this story. Hehe.