Chapter 14: The Many Forms Of Love

Crossroads

“Taengoo! Help me pick out what to wear tonight!”

 

“You know I’m not good at these kinda things. Can’t you ask one of the other girls?”

 

“Hmph! Fine. I’ll go ask Hyomin.”

 

Taeyeon sighed as she watched Tiffany storm out of their shared room which was in a state of mess. She had spent the last hour forgoing a nice long nap to watch Tiffany create a mini fashion show, asking if she looked good in dress after dress. What Tiffany did not realize was how much she was making Taeyeon sweat as she changed out of every dress in front of the short girl. It took every ounce of self control not to pounce on Tiffany who was pretty much flashing her body to Taeyeon at a two minute interval.

 

“Who’s gonna be able to see anything in a dark club anyway?” Taeyeon huffed as she stood to pick up the scattered clothes. “This is all Hyoyeon’s fault.”

 

The dancing queen had suggested to hit one of the nearby clubs after the hunky lifeguard she had been chatting up, invited her to join him and his friends tonight. Not being a fan of dark, crowded areas, Taeyeon had initially protested to the idea but gave in when even Seohyun expressed her excitement about going. Taeyeon was stuffing the mass of coloured clothing into Tiffany’s suitcase when there was a knock on the door and in walked Tiffany with Hyomin at her heels. 

 

“I’m gonna go see Sunny for a bit,” Taeyeon informed them and thanked Hyomin silently when she stopped Tiffany who was about to protest. Walking past a few doors, she rang the doorbell to Sunny’s room and was greeted happily by her short friend. Sunny handed her a drink while Taeyeon collapsed into an armchair similar to the one in her own room. “What’s up Taeng? You don’t look too happy.” Sunny sat down on the bed opposite Taeyeon, watching her friend rub her temples in discomfort. She waited patiently for her friend’s response as Taeyeon seemed to have a little trouble forming her question.

 

“Do you think she might.. I mean, I think I.. Never mind.” 

 

“You like Tiffany.”

 

“W-what?!” Taeyeon shot a friend a look of surprise. How did this girl know about what she had been hiding for so many years? Sunny shrugged. “Did you expect me not to guess it? We’ve been best friends for years and you guys are pretty obvious, you know. The way she looks at you with utter jealousy when another girl is talking to you. They way you got pissed when you caught Siwon speaking to her last week,” said Sunny with a cheeky grin as she watched Taeyeon trying to voice her disagreement.

 

“Being in love is one the best feelings in the world but seriously Taeng, you had better make your move fast. A pretty girl like her probably has guys and girls lining up to date her. Don’t let her slip away.” 

 

Taeyeon looked up and saw no hint of playfulness in Sunny’s face. Sighing, Taeyeon was about to reply her friend when the doorbell rang and revealed a smiling Hyomin who had declared her success in finding the perfect dress for Tiffany. The brunette flung some clothes at Taeyeon who caught them in surprise as she informed her that Tiffany did not want Taeyeon to see her before she finished getting dressed. Taeyeon grumbled as Sunny pushed her into the bathroom telling her to get changed and grinned evilly at her friend when Hyomin stopped her girlfriend. “Waeeee..” whined Sunny cutely, adding a large dose of aegyo. “Nope, that’s not gonna work bunny. You two stay here, I’m gonna go get changed in Tiffany’s room as well,” Hyomin announced as she gathered her things. Sunny stuck her head out of the doorway as she watched Hyomin’s retreating back, admiring the swinging of her hips.

 

“Can we watch?”

 

“Byuntae.” Hyomin giggled as she disappeared through Tiffany’s room door.

 

Hearing the other door click shut, Sunny turned back into her room and shrugged at her friend. “Best not to keep them waiting,” said Sunny as she started to change into the clothes Hyomin had laid out for her. 

 

 

—————

 

 

Yuri clicked her perfectly manicured fingernails on the lobby’s front desk as they waited for the other girls. “What’s taking them so long?” she whined. Seohyun looked at her watch, “They’ll be down soon. Who else are we waiting for besides Hyomin-unnie and Pany-unnie?” Yuri thought for a moment before ticking off the names of the girls who were going tonight, “Well, the ones missing from here are Hyomin, Pany, Qri and Eunjung.”

 

“What about Soyeon, Boram and Jiyeon?”

 

Sooyoung looked up from the hotel brochure she was skimming through and answered their maknae, “Boram isn’t feeling too good, so Soyeon is staying back to take care of her. Jiyeon is too young to get into a club so Eunjung volunteered to babysit her.” She turned to look at Hyoyeon who was busy with her phone, no doubt texting her man for the night, “Did you call the cabs already, Hyo?” 

 

“Yeap, they should be here in about two minutes. I hope the girls are ready by- Oh thank god, they’re here.” The girls turned to look at three girls who stepped out of the elevator. Qri oozed an aura of elegance and waved to the waiting girls, noticing the way Taeyeon gaped as she admired Tiffany who looked like a million bucks in a black striped dress. Sunny on the other hand was grinning from ear to ear and slipped her arms around her girlfriend’s petite waist.

 

“You look absolutely ravishing, baby.” Sunny whispered into Hyomin’s ear, earning her an adorable giggle.

 

“You’re looking pretty hot yourself,” Hyomin said, trailing her eyes down Sunny’s body, proud that she had made the right choice of getting her to wear a pair of skintight jeans and black tank top that showed her toned arms. Hyomin her lips noting how the low cut tank top gave the taller girl a delicious view of Sunny’s cleavage. “Yah, you’re not so innocent yourself, byuntae.” Sunny nuzzled her nose into Hyomin’s tangerine smelling hair when she saw debauched brown eyes staring at her chest. Another giggle from her girlfriend. Sunny slid her hands over her girlfriend’s tight body wrapped in a tight silver crop top and was about to grab that perfect when an annoyed Yuri called out to them.

 

“Yah, when you two are done making love in public, let’s go.”

 

The two girls giggled and moved to join their friends who were already halfway out the lobby door, excited to get the party started for a night of girly fun.

 

 

—————

 

 

The loud techno bass poured into the streets outside the club every time the double doors swung open to was pack more patrons into it’s belly. It was lucky that Hyoyeon’s date was a close friend of the club’s bouncer and the girls managed to get in without a hitch. They followed the guy who introduced himself as Kai, to a large table next to the stage. There were a couple of other guys already seated there and they stood up to greet the pretty girls. Taeyeon felt her left eye twitch as a guy called Luhan held Tiffany’s hand slightly longer than she liked. Her bile rose as the boy insisted for the pretty girl to sit next to him but her sigh was drowned out by the loud music when she saw Tiffany laugh at something Luhan said.

 

After the third round of toasting their drinks to the night, Hyoyeon got up and pulled Kai for a dance. Sunny and Hyomin quickly followed, dragging the other girls with them, save for Taeyeon, Tiffany, Luhan and a handful of the boys. Taeyeon was in the midst of downing her fifth shot of tequila when she heard someone call out from her right. Turning to see Baekhyun looking at her, Taeyeon yelled over the music, “What did you say?”

 

“I was asking if you wanted to dance with me.”

 

Taeyeon saw from the corner of her eye that Tiffany had giggled excitedly when Luhan whispered something in her ear and her blood boiled. Grabbing Baekhyun’s hand, Taeyeon stood up and briefly caught Tiffany’s eyes watching her as she pulled Baekhyun to the dance floor. Not bad for a boy, Taeyeon thought to herself as she watched Baekhyun moved energetically on point to the music. Just as she thought she had let herself cool down enough, she spotted Tiffany and Luhan who was gyrating their bodies next to them. She met the challenge in Tiffany’s eyes and clenched her fists when Tiffany slipped her hands around Luhan’s waist. Maybe it was her ego of not wanting to lose out on this game or maybe it was the alcohol, but Taeyeon was not about to back down on this fight, grabbing Baekhyun to ily grind down on the stunned boy.

 

The girls around them stopped dancing and started whooping and cheering on the two couples who were putting on a racy show. Hyomin in particular was jumping up and down happily, her red face clearly displaying her drunken state and poor Sunny was trying her best to steady the taller girl. The two couples continued escalating their ual display until Tiffany grabbed Luhan’s collar and smashed her lips against his. Taeyeon watched them as her heart shattered into a million pieces.

 

“Taeyeon..” Yuri started, as she saw the tears forming in the stunned eyes.

 

Without looking back, Taeyeon stormed off the dance floor and ran out into the dark streets, hearing her name being shouted from behind her. She let the tears she was holding stream down her face and let her legs carry her as far away as she could from the club, not caring about her destination. Her fatigued legs finally stopped their tracks and she saw that she had already reached the beach that they had visited in the afternoon. Taeyeon dropped her tired body onto the sand and cried her heart out like never before. 

 

Her cries rang through the night sky and did not hear the soft footsteps in the sand behind her, only realizing she had company when she felt two arms hug her. She turned her tear stricken face to look at Yuri who had followed her after she left. Yuri smiled gently and patted the kid leader’s head who had resumed her waterworks. The two listened to the sound of the waves crashing against the sand for a long time.

 

“H-how d-id you-“ Taeyeon choked.

 

“Followed you. Those short legs are pretty fast. Almost lost you a couple of times,” Yuri teased.

 

Silence. 

 

“D-id i-it hur-rt w-when Si-ca l-eft?”

 

“Like hell on earth,” came the reply.

 

More silence.

 

“I’m s-sorry for bringing it up,” Taeyeon sounded guilty, turning to look at Yuri again. Yuri smiled and shook her head while she wiped the tears from her friend’s face. “You know, you need to tell her how you feel Taengoo. I’m sure I’m not the first one to say this to you but you two were made for each other,” Yuri said with a comforting tone. Taeyeon shook her head, “I don’t think she l-likes me the same way.” She felt a smack on her head and tried her best to glare at her friend who had an annoyed look. “Yah! You two have been tiptoeing around each other’s feelings for the longest time. How long are we gonna wait to see you happy like Sunny?” Yuri sighed and continued with a softer tone, “Look, I didn’t get my happy ending with Sica and it hurt, but it hurts more watching my sisters closing up their hearts to each other.”

 

The night stars twinkled down on the two girls who were lost in their thoughts. It was awhile before Yuri heard her phone ringing and she pulled it out of her pocket to answer the call from Yoona.

 

“Yeboseyo? Yeah, she’s with me, Yoong. Don’t worry, we’ll be back soon.” Taeyeon continued to watch the waves as she heard Yoona tell Yuri something. “Omo, Hyomin got drunk that fast? Sunny needs to train her girlfriend how to hold her alcohol.” Taeyeon heard Yuri giggle next to her. “Alright Yoongie, make sure the rest get home safely too. Thank god Qri-unnie is there to help you. I’ll get Taeng back to the hotel. See you!”

 

“Come on Taeng, let’s get you back to your girl.” Yuri stood up and offered her hand to Taeyeon to help her shaky knees stand.

 

 

—————

 

 

Sunny tapped the keycard on the scanner for the third time, cursing as she saw a red light blink back at her. Remembering Hyomin had a spare, Sunny moved to feel her girlfriend’s pockets for it.

 

“Hee, B-bunny, y-you are s-such a *hiccup* p-, f-ee-ling m-eee u-up l-like t-this,” slurred Hyomin and starting swatting at Sunny’s hands to end up hitting her short girlfriend on the head by accident. Thankfully, Sunny had managed to fish the extra keycard from Hyomin’s back pocket and quickly tapped it on the scanner, dodging another swat from her girlfriend. Sunny huffed slightly as she carried Hyomin who looked like she was about to pass out, into the room bridal style. She carefully lay Hyomin down on the bed and decided to use the bathroom first when she felt something tug at her tank top. Before she could turn around, she saw Hyomin dash into the bathroom with a hand over .

 

“Baby, are you alright? Let me in.” Hyomin had locked the bathroom door behind her leaving poor Sunny to pound on the door and move into a state of panic when she heard the sounds of dinner being thrown up.

 

“I’m fine, just give me a moment.” came the muffled reply.

 

Sunny sighed and resigned to sit in an armchair as she waited for Hyomin to finish puking. Some minutes passed and Sunny heard the sound of flushing, moving quickly sat up straighter. The door handle clicked open and Hyomin walked out wearing nothing but her heels.

 

Oh. My. God.

 

Sunny’s mind had gone blank as she let her eyes roam all the way up from those perfectly slender legs to blush seeing Hyomin’s core and moved slowly upwards, savouring those magnificent abs. She unashamedly paused at Hyomin’s chest before finally drawing her eyes to meet shy brown ones. Her girlfriend was a goddess on earth. She sat frozen as she watched Hyomin slowly moved to the chair and placed one knee on Sunny’s lap. Cupping the short blonde’s face in her hands, she heard a whispered word.

 

“Mianhe.”

 

Sunny cocked her head confusedly and watched those alluring lips move to say, “T-to keep you waiting for me.” They stared at each other for a few moments before Sunny moved her hands to place them on her girlfriend’s waist. She pulled Hyomin down into her lap and their lips met with unbridled ferocity. Hyomin gasped and Sunny took the opportunity to add her tongue into the mix. Her small hands roamed all over the object of her fantasies, only stopping to squeeze those beautiful mounds that elicited lustful gasps from the gorgeous brunette.

 

Hyomin felt her inhibitions fade as her arousal peaked as she broke their passionate kiss and they were both panting heavily as she pulled her girlfriend’s tank top off, revealing a body that made Hyomin gush in her nether region. She looked back up at those eyes who stared into her soul and touched a hand to the face she had so deeply fallen in love with. 

 

“I-I was saving my f-first time for a special time with you. Thank you for waiting for me, Sunny.”

 

“For you, I’d wait for all eternity,” came the reply that stole her breath away as the shorter girl stood while carrying her girlfriend to their bed. As she climbed on top of Hyomin, her hand reached out to dim their beside lamp and she heard magical words whispered into her ear.

 

“Happy birthday Sunny.”

 

 

—————

 

 

Taeyeon stood outside their room door and looked to see that the lights were still off. “She’s not back yet?” and unlocked the door to find an empty room. She decided to use the bathroom first before Tiffany returned and spotted her ruined makeup. As the  hot water ran down her back, Yuri and Sunny’s words rang through her mind. 

 

Don’t let her slip away.

 

How long are we gonna wait to see you happy like Sunny?

 

You two were made for each other.

 

Patting the sides of her face hard, she decided to pull herself together and muster the courage to ask Tiffany for a date tomorrow. She stepped out of the bathroom and heard a simultaneous click from the front door. Taeyeon’s tongue felt like it weighed a million pounds as she watched Tiffany shrug off her heels irritably. She had not spared a glance at Taeyeon ever since she returned and the room’s temperature seemed to be dropping with every passing second as a result of Tiffany’s icy aura. She was about to walk past Taeyeon without a word when she felt a small hand grasp her wrist. 

 

“What.”

 

Taeyeon quivered slightly as Tiffany snapped at her but steeled her resolve.

 

“Will you go out on a date with me tomorrow?”

 

“No.”

 

Tiffany pulled out of the short girl’s grasp and locked the bathroom door behind her. Taeyeon stood staring at the door feeling like Tiffany shut it along with her hopes. A tear escaped her eye as she crawled into her side of the bed and stared into the blank wall ahead of her, pulling up the covers to muffle the sounds of her soft whimpering. She lay there unmoving as she heard Tiffany exit the bathroom and turn off the lights. Her heart sank lower as she felt the bed sink down only momentarily and saw a dark outline clutching pillows lie down on the couch. 

 

As she drifted off into an uneasy slumber, the small sniffles on the sofa went unheard, signalling that there was not just one broken heart in the room.

 

 

 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

 

Author’s Note:

Lots of ups and downs in this chapter.

Yes, there's a bit of EXO being included but they're just filler characters so please don't be mad at me, EXO fans! ><"

Will Taeyeon and Tiffany be able to fix their relationship or is this the end of TaeNy?

Sunbyung shippers, I hope that I’ve done the couple justice in this chapter.

Sorry about the author’s note being a little off. I usually write ahead to make sure that this story doesn’t die out and it makes me forget my emotions when writing previous chapters.

Happy Sunday everyone! Don’t forget to comment!

And thank you to all those who voted and subscribed to this story! *bows deeply*

 

P.S. I didn't know if I should mark this chapter as (M) with the Sunbyung loving, but please let me know if you think I should. :)