Chapter 36: Crossroads

Crossroads

“And what if I was?” 

 

Sunny felt her world was spinning at that moment. It was like there was invisible force squeezing her heart so tightly that it felt like it was about to shatter. Her breath quickened to short gasps and her eyes darted to meet Hyomin’s once more, when she saw the corner of the girl’s lips twitch. In a moment, Sunny knew she had been duped.

 

“YAH! PARK SUNYOUNG!”

 

Hyomin squealed as Sunny, who was still on top of her, pinned her down using her legs and started tickling to poor, defenceless photographer beneath her. Laughter filled the empty hanger and Hyomin was still squealing pitifully. It was not until the blonde apologized, did Sunny let up on tickling the poor girl.

 

“I-I’m sorry. Your face was p-priceless,” panted a grinning Hyomin as she struggled to catch her breath.

 

“Not funny, Minnie. I nearly got a heart attack.”

 

“Really? Why?” 

 

“You know why.”

 

“I do. But I want to hear it from you.” Sunny looked down at Hyomin who was still grinning cheekily. Instead of words, Sunny answered Hyomin’s question by leaning down and kissing the blonde girl once more. The simple kiss heated up into a passionate one quickly when Sunny’s tongue slipped into Hyomin’s mouth and received a enthusiastic response.

 

“It’s because I still love you,” whispered Sunny when they finally broke their kiss. Brown eyes met each other and Hyomin lifted the red head’s heart when she heard the blonde’s whispered words, “And I love you more.”

 

Never had Hyomin looked more beautiful to Sunny than at that moment with her soft smile that pulled at her aching heartstrings and she moved to capture Hyomin’s soft lips once more. The hanger that had turned dark, save for a few camera lights, created a tantalising mood for the two.

 

Their hands wandered and hearts raced as Hyomin moaned loudly when Sunny moved to le a weak spot on her neck as she so expertly done so long ago. The cold could not hinder them as Sunny’s hand slipped into the parka that Hyomin was wearing to caress her body and the blonde returned the gesture by dragging her nails down Sunny’s back that remained exposed from the last dress she was wearing.

 

When Sunny moved her hand further down to the skin tight jeans her lover was wearing, Hyomin gasped and pressed her heated core against Sunny’s firm thigh in an attempt to soothe her burning desire. The small hand had barely slipped into those tight jeans when they both froze upon hearing a sound.

 

“MIN!” 

 

Both girls groaned hearing Woohyun’s voice and Hyomin quickly moved to cover her state of undress with her long parka. Sunny moved off Hyomin and spotted the young man at the hanger entrance, walking briskly towards them. She turned back to Hyomin who had managed to button up her pants and Sunny offered a hand to pull her up, which she gladly took.

 

“Min, are you alright?” asked Woohyun when he neared them. Sunny was wearing a scowl on her pretty face and Hyomin stood to face the man. “I told you I’m fine. Why are you here anyway?” asked the blonde. “Well, I got worried when I tried calling you again but your phone was turned off,” said the man with a shrug. 

 

“You don’t get it when you’re not wanted huh?” said Sunny in an annoyed tone. Then again, any interruption of her time with Hyomin would piss her off.

 

Woohyun glared at the shorter girl for a moment before moving to catch a hold of Hyomin’s wrist, “Come on, Min. I’ll take you home.” Sunny growled possessively as her eyes saw red when Woohyun touched Hyomin. But to both their surprise, Hyomin pulled her wrist out of the man’s hand. Woohyun looked at Hyomin, stunned. 

 

“Woohyun, you shouldn’t have come. I’m going home with Sunny,” said the blonde and this time Sunny felt herself being pulled at the wrist as Hyomin took a hold of her hand and moved towards her car.

 

“Min, wait, I don’t understand,” came the desperate voice and Hyomin stopped in her tracks. She turned around to face the man and noticed the pleading look in his eyes. Sighing, she took a deep breath, “Look Woohyun, you’ve been a great friend but.. I told you this when we first met. I’m still in love with someone and I can’t forget that person. Now that I’ve found her again, I can’t let her go. I’m sorry.”

 

“W-what? Wait, the person you’ve loved all this while is Miss Lee?”

 

Hyomin nodded.

 

“But you said that you would probably never be able to see her again?”

 

“Because I’ve been a coward about it.”

 

The man fell silent for awhile. Sunny felt bad for the poor guy. She knew he had probably fallen head over heels for Hyomin just like how she had, so many years ago. But the man took a deep breath and looked up to face the both of them.

 

“Okay Min, as long as you’re happy, I’m happy for you. Miss Lee, please look after Min. I know she loves you very much. She even told me she’d rather be alone for the rest of her life than to settle with anyone else other than you. So please look after her in my place.”

 

Sunny was taken aback and could only nod in response, she had not expected him to be so understanding. Hyomin however, smiled and moved to give Woohyun a friendly hug. “Thank you, Woohyun,” she said with a genuine smile as she pulled away from the hug. The man nodded, “Go on then, I’ll clean up here. See you tomorrow.” Hyomin nodded and moved back to pull Sunny towards her car.

 

“So..” Hyomin said as she started the car’s engine.

 

“Your place or mine?”

 

Sunny chuckled at Hyomin’s bold statement, “Someone’s a little impatient, huh?” Hyomin gently pinched Sunny’s cheek, “Yah!” Softening her eyes, “I can’t help it, I’ve missed you.” Sunny smiled in return and placed a hand over Hyomin’s before moving to place a gentle kiss on the girl’s lips. 

 

“So have I, my love.”

 

 

—————

 

 

The sun rose up to cast a gentle light upon Seoul and allowed it’s light to pour into the room, lighting up what was left of last night’s tryst. Scattered clothes lay everywhere on the floor, fitting the messy sheets but even the bright light could not provide enough warmth for all. Cold air pricked at the foot that was sticking out of the sheets and its owner shivered slightly as she pulled her foot back into the warmth. 

 

Sunny stirred at the slight motion and slowly allowed her eyes to open. Her first thought was that she was late for work, seeing as to how brightly lit the room was. But as she moved, she felt a gentle weight across her chest and her eyes flickered to the source of it. She smiled and settled back into the sheets to gaze at the vision beside her.

 

Brown eyes roamed over the tussle of short blonde hair with dark roots that was slightly covering the beautiful face. Sunny let her eyes wander and smiled lovingly at how innocent Hyomin looked when she was asleep and her eyes moved lower to stop at those sharp collarbones. The red head frowned slightly at how much weight her lover had lost since she had last seen that luscious body. Has she even been eating? thought Sunny sadly. Nevertheless, the girl was still able to make Sunny’s desire peaked to unquenchable levels.

 

Before she could let her mind be lost in its erted thoughts, the blaring of her phone interrupted her and she hastily moved to answer it for fear of waking her sleeping beauty.

 

“Yeboseyo?” Sunny tried to keep her tone as soft as possible.

 

“YAH! Lee Soonkyu! Do you know what time it is? Why aren’t you in the office yet?”

 

“I know, Sica. I just.. overslept.”

 

Overslept? Since when do you over sleep? What happened yesterday?”

 

“It’s a long story, I’ll tell you another time.”

 

“So are you coming in for work today?”

 

“Maybe. Could you please cover my morning appointments for me today? Just today.” Sunny was using her aegyo knowing Jessica would not be able to bear it and agree to whatever she asked for.

 

“Fine fine, I’ll cover your for the morning. Just don’t use your aegyo on me. You know I’m allergic to it. By the way, how did the photoshoot go yesterday? Did you manage to speak to Psy?”

 

Sunny felt a movement and saw Hyomin stirring beside her. 

 

“Sica, can I talk to you about that some other time? I’ve really got to go.”

 

“Wait- What? Sunny, what’s going on? You-“

 

Hyomin slowly opened her eyes as Sunny hung up on her poor friend. She watched the blonde rub her eyes cutely and smiled when Hyomin mumbled, “Was it a dream?”

 

“No, it wasn’t.”

 

Large brown eyes snapped open and turned to Sunny who was still smiling widely.

 

“T-this is real?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Y-you’re real?” 

 

Sunny chuckled at how amazed Hyomin looked and nodded. Not seeming to be able to believe herself, Hyomin reached out to touch Sunny’s cheeks. “I’m not dreaming,” whispered the blonde as she felt the warmth of the girl beside her. 

 

“No, you’re not. But you’re dreamy enough,” said Sunny and moved to capture Hyomin’s soft lips. Hyomin moaned at the contact and her hands wandered over Sunny’s bare skin, which was soon returned when the red head’s hands decided to explore her body. As their breaths started to race, the two girls were once again interrupted by the sound of a phone ringing, but this time it was Hyomin’s. 

 

Grudgingly pulling away from her lover’s embrace, Hyomin moved to pick up her phone and her eyes bulged when she saw the time. One of her crew members informed her that her team had gathered and was calling to check if she was coming for the photo editing session. “I’ll be there as soon as I can,” Hyomin answered hurriedly and hung up. 

 

Her apologetic eyes met Sunny’s, “I’m really sorry bunny, but I have to get going. The contract with Tiffany says the photos have to be ready in three days and I’ve got a lot of editing to do.” Surprisingly Sunny nodded, “I completely understand. But before that..” Sunny stretched out her hands, “Can we cuddle for a little bit more?”

 

Hyomin smiled and moved to lie down on Sunny’s bare chest as the girl wrapped her arms protectively around her. It had been a long time since Hyomin had felt this warmth and she missed it terribly.

 

“I miss this,” said Sunny, reading Hyomin’s thoughts.

 

Sunny smiled when she heard the whispered reply, “I’ve missed you.” She felt Hyomin snuggle closer and after a few moments of silence, Sunny spoke in a shaky voice.

 

“Minnie, please don’t leave me again.”

 

The taller girl was surprised to hear the shaky voice and looked up at her lover, who had tears in her eyes. Sunny placed a hand on Hyomin’s cheek and continued shakily.

 

“I lost you two years ago, I don’t want to lose you again. Sica told me everything. How you sacrificed your happiness for your friends and for m-me, and I don’t want you to go through something like that alone ever again. Please Minnie, promise me you won’t keep the pain to yourself. Let me be there for you, let me share the happy and sad times with you. There will always be crossroads to face, but let me be the one to hold your hand and walk with you when you reach them. I love you Minnie, more than I could ever imagine. Please don’t leave me again.”

 

Hyomin felt a hot teardrop fall on her arm and looked up sadly at Sunny who had let her tears run freely down her face.

 

“I’m sorry Sunny.”

 

“Mwo?” came the weak reply as Hyomin pulled herself out of Sunny’s arms which was trying to stop her from leaving. 

 

“No! Hyomin! Please don’t leave!”

 

“I have to Sunny.”

 

“But why?!” The red head was in despair. Hyomin turned back to Sunny and took a deep breath.

 

“Because it’s twelve and I’m late for work.”

 

The awkward silence hung between them as Sunny’s brain wrecked itself trying to contemplate Hyomin’s words. 

 

“YAAAH!” 

 

Sunny screeched loudly when Hyomin suddenly grinned cheekily and pounced on top of the laughing girl.

 

“Since.” Kiss. 

 

“When.” Kiss. 

 

“Did.” Kiss. 

 

“You.” Kiss. 

 

“Become.” Kiss. 

 

“So.” Kiss. 

 

“Cheeky.” Kiss.

 

Hyomin giggled as Sunny attacked her with kisses all over her face. “Because being cheeky gets me smooches,” said Hyomin with a large grin. Sensing that Sunny was still not at ease, Hyomin sat facing Sunny and took the girl’s hands in her own.

 

“I’m sorry I didn’t tell you about what was happening, I just didn’t want you to find out and not be able to move on because of me. I thought I was doing the right thing by letting you go, but it seems like it was only hurting the both of us. I love you too, bunny and I promise to be with you through all our ups and downs.”

 

The two shared a sweet kiss at the end of Hyomin’s words and Sunny was smiling ear to ear when they pulled apart. They gazed into each other’s eyes and saw nothing but endless pools of love, reconnecting their souls.

 

“Park Sunyoung, will you be mine again, forever and always?”

 

“Lee Soonkyu, I have and will always be yours.”

 

 

—————

 

 

Sunny was floating on cloud nine. Then again, who wouldn’t be? She finally had her true love in her arms again and not forgetting to mention, Hyomin was feistier than before and the two had made love not once, but three times before they were able to keep their hands off each other long enough to make it to work.

 

Skipping into her office, Sunny greeted her secretary cheerfully, earning a confused look from the woman who had not seen Sunny smile like that since forever. With thoughts on remembering her promise to pick up her lover in a few hours time, Sunny whistled a merry tune as she opened the door to her office. 

 

The tune died instantaneously when her eyes landed on a very pissed off looking Jessica. Her eyes quickly darted to Yuri who was standing a little behind the PR manager. 

 

“Erm. Hi guys.”

 

Maybe I shouldn’t have said anything, thought Sunny as she watched Jessica’s face turn redder and the ice queen’s angry bursts fired.

 

HI GUYS?! YOU COME IN TO WORK AT TWO IN THE AFTERNOON AND YOU SAY, HI GUYS?! WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON SUNNY? YOU’RE NEVER, EVER LATE TO WORK AND YOU HAD TO BE ON A DAY THAT WE HAD A MEETING WITH THE HOSPITAL BOARD? DID YOU LOSE YOUR MIND AT THE PHOTOSHOOT YESTERDAY? I’VE BEEN TRYING TO CALL YOU ALL MORNING AND YOU TURNED YOUR PHONE OFF!”

 

“I-I can explain..” came Sunny’s muffled squeak as Jessica erupted again and she glanced at Yuri, asking for help. The tanned girl sighed and placed a hand on her fiancé’s shoulder, “Sica baby, let Sunny explain herself.”

 

Jessica was breathing heavily but halted her yelling when she felt the warm hand. Crossing her arms, she glared at her short friend, “Fine. Explain. But this had better be a damned good explanation or I’m skinning you alive.” Sunny took a deep breath and nodded.

 

“I met Hyomin.”

 

Even when she was still worrying about keeping her skin, Sunny couldn’t help but let out a small chuckle when she saw the couple do a double take when they heard her. Yuri’s eyes were bulging like a goldfish while Jessica was imitating it’s mouth.

 

“A-are you serious?” asked Jessica shakily and Sunny nodded.

 

The shorter girl gestured for her friends to sit down and proceeded to recount what had happened the night before, including the mystery behind Hyomin’s disappearance after she had left Juilliard.

 

“The explains everything,” muttered Yuri in awe when Sunny was done. The tanned girl smiled at her friend, “But I’m so happy for you, Sunny. Hyomin is finally back in your life. No wonder you walked in here with that stupid grin on your face.” Yuri laughed when Sunny stuck her tongue out at her childishly. Jessica, however, looked like she was still deep in thought.

 

“What’s wrong baby?” asked Yuri worriedly when she noticed her fiancé’s silence. Jessica looked up at Sunny, “So this means, she’s Psy, the most sought after photographer?” The red head nodded, “That’s what she told me.” Jessica fell silent for a moment before-

 

“YAH!” 

 

Both Sunny and Yuri jumped at Jessica’s high pitched scream. 

 

“That means she turned down being the photographer for our wedding!” Yuri patted Jessica’s back gently, “Sica, maybe she had her reasons for doing so. I’m sure there’s an explanation.” The blonde girl’s lips were quivering, whether from anger or sadness, Sunny wasn’t sure, but she thought of something to pacify her upset friend.

 

“Look, why don’t you join me and Minnie for dinner tonight and maybe you can ask her about it?”

 

“Really, you would let me and Yuri gate crash your dinner? Won’t we be in your way of your alone time with her?” asked Jessica worriedly. She knew Sunny would want to spend more time with Hyomin after being apart for two years, but the red head shook her head. “It’s fine Sica, besides, the other girls wanted to meet her too. I was thinking of setting up a party to welcome her back.”

 

“I can arrange that for you,” offered Yuri with a smile. Sunny nodded and smiled gratefully at her friend, “Thanks Yul.” With a small sigh of content, Sunny gazed lovingly at the photograph of Hyomin on her table, “I’ve finally got her back. I won’t lose her again.”

 

“Then marry her.”

 

“What?” Sunny turned to Jessica, looking utterly surprised. The icy blonde shrugged, “You just said you don’t want to lose her, then marry her.” Yuri chuckled and back hugged Jessica, “Yah Sica, sometimes your suggestions are out of this world. She just met Hyomin yesterday after two years of being separated. Asking for her hand in marriage so soon just seems a little crazy.” Jessica giggled, “You’re right Yul, forget that crazy idea, Sunny-ah.”

 

“No.. It’s not crazy. In fact, you just gave me an idea.”

 

Now it was the YulSic’s turn to look at Sunny who had a sparkle in her eye. A large smile broke on Sunny’s face and she stood up quickly grabbing her purse. She turned to her friends with a look like she had just figured out the secrets of the universe.

 

“Yul, I need you to do something for me.”

 

“Oh boy,” said Yuri, “Why do I get the feeling she’s going to ask me for something crazy.”

 

And crazy it was.

 

 

 

 

 

 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

 

Author’s Note:

I initially thought of ending this story on this chapter but just like Sunny, I had a crazy idea running through my head.

So this story is going to see it’s ending in the next chapter. I think.

Until then, thank you to all my readers! :)