Chapter 3: Beautiful People

Crossroads

 

 

 

 

 

 

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

 

 

Hyomin groaned as her alarm blared annoyingly. Squinting an eye towards her clock, the bright red numbers told her that it was six in the morning. As she debated about going back to sleep, her phone which was sitting on the pillow next to her, beeped twice. Fumbling through her sheets, Hyomin picked up her phone and peered at her mum’s text, reminding her not to be late for her first day. Vaguely remembering that she still had to meet the university administrator to hand over some forgotten documents, Hyomin rubbed her eyes and stretched luxuriously like a cat.

 

Sighing, she dragged herself out of bed and set her electric kettle to boil some water before heading to the shower. Fifteen minutes later, Hyomin came out in her underwear while drying her hair with her towel. Deciding to let her hair dry a little more before pulling on her clothes, Hyomin made herself a cup of coffee. As she picked up the packet she had left on her kitchen counter, she smiled thinking of last night’s encounter with Sunny. 

 

Sitting at a small dining table with her coffee, Hyomin picked up her phone and quickly replied her mum’s text. After a quick scroll through her social media accounts, she decided to dry her still damp hair using a hairdryer. When she was satisfied with the state of her luscious hair, she opened her wardrobe and decided to dress up a little since she wanted to make a good impression for her first day of university. 

 

After slipping on a pair of figure hugging jeans and a long sleeved blouse, she mulled over whether she would wear a high heels or sneakers. A quick glance at the clock told her she needed to grab a cab if she was going to spend some time on her makeup and Hyomin picked out a pair of red pumps to place next to the door. Since she wasn’t going to walk much, she decided she’d save her sneakers for one of her lazy days. Once she was done with some light makeup, she stepped away from her dressing table to slip on her shoes. She walked to a full length mirror she had strategically placed next to the door and checked to see if she looked alright before heading out to the waiting cab she had ordered ten minutes ago.

 

 

—————

 

Hyomin stepped out of the cab and checked the time on her watch before sighing in relief that she still had an hour to spare before her first lecture. Adjusting the strap of her leather sling bag and clutching the papers in her hand, she gracefully walked through the gates of Sungkyunkwan University. 

 

Oblivious to her surroundings, partially due to her iPod playlist blasting in her ears, Hyomin did not catch the stares of those she passed. Boys and girls were staring at the stunning dark haired beauty who was calmly walking towards the administration building. Two boys who were walking in the opposite direction dropped the books they were carrying to start drooling at her. As she walked past them, not noticing their plight since she had just turned her face to switch a song on her iPod, the boys’ eyes followed her retreating back, unashamedly admiring her shapely legs and .

 

When she reached the doors of the administration building, Hyomin gently pushed one of the glass doors and peered inside. There was a moderate buzz of the sound of people working and there were already a couple of students hanging around the large lobby, no doubt having similar situations as her. Hyomin looked for an open counter and found one towards the left corner of the lobby. 

 

Walking up to the counter, Hyomin flashed a smile at the boy who looked no older than her who was typing something onto his keyboard. The boy looked up and was stunned with Hyomin’s beauty, giving the same reaction she had when she bumped into Sunny. Hyomin handed over the documents to the boy and explained that the head administrator had requested for the documents the day before. The boy stammered something about only being an intern and would ask the head administrator to call her later. She smiled and thanked the boy before proceeding to her class, leaving the boy who was gaping like a goldfish.

 

 

—————

 

 

Hyomin sighed in relief as the first half of her classes were finally over and they had a lunch break. She enjoyed her classes so far and liked her new classmates. She had already made fast friends with a pretty girl sporting a bob cut called Eunjung and a sharp eyed girl who instantly clicked with her called Jiyeon. Hyomin found out that she and Eunjung were of the same age and Jiyeon was a few years younger but had an IQ 165 allowing her to skip a few years of high school. However, that IQ seemed to only be reserved for her studies as she immediately filled her whining with aegyo to her unnies about wanting lunch badly.

 

Eunjung smile and nodded at Jiyeon, “Why don’t you girls join me for lunch? I’m meeting some of my high school sunbaes who are in their senior years here. I’d be glad to introduce you girls to them.” Jiyeon and Hyomin happily agreed. Packing up their things, they joined the crowd moving towards the cafeteria hall.

 

 

 

 

 

 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

 

Author’s Note:

Hey readers, I hope you’re enjoyed this chapter and the introduction to Eunjung and Jiyeon. There will be more friends added in the next chapter. 

Thank you for all the upvotes and subscribers, I honestly did not expect this fiction to get any response at all and I’m grateful for your supportive comments.

Do stay tuned as I will be uploading Chapter 4 soon!