Chapter 37: You Have All My Words

Crossroads

The white beast roared loudly as it raced up the mountain, slicing each corner with gracefully as it’s driver guided it with precision. The road was lit by its headlamps as it headed towards it’s goal.

 

 

“God, I’ve missed this baby,” sighed Hyomin when she parked the car at the base of Seoul Tower. Sunny chuckled at Hyomin’s dreamy expression and the blonde girl smiled at her companion, “Thank you for taking care of it, bunny.” Sunny smiled, “How could I not? It was yours and anything that belongs to you is a treasure to me.” 

 

Hyomin blushed at Sunny’s sweet talk and gently punched the girl’s arm, making Sunny feign being hurt. “Come on, let’s go up,” said Sunny as she opened the car door. Hyomin stepped out of the car and Sunny took her hand as they both walked to the elevator entrance. Hyomin shivered a little and Sunny pulled the taller girl closer to her.

 

Something was a little off though. There was no one in sight even though it was a weekend. Hyomin looked around but the only people around were the tower staff. Turning to the shorter girl, Hyomin could not help but voice it out. Sunny merely shrugged in response and Hyomin decided to leave it at that.

 

Although they had been to the tower once before, Hyomin had never gone up to the observation deck. The blonde was excited as they took the elevators up and Sunny watched the pretty girl watching the elevator numbers climb excitedly and it brought a smile to her face to see that childlike happiness.

 

When the elevator doors slid open, Hyomin was surprised when they were met with a pitch dark floor. “Sunny-ah, why is it all dark?” asked the girl nervously as she gripped Sunny’s hand tighter. 

 

“I’m not sure, Minnie. Come on, let’s go see what’s going on.”

 

“I’m scared,” said Hyomin shakily as she remained standing at her spot.

 

“Don’t be scared, baby. Sunny bunny will protect you.” With Sunny flashing a bright smile and squeezing her hand assuredly, Hyomin felt a little better and cautiously followed the short girl out of the elevator.

 

Each footstep sounded like a clap of thunder as they walked and the elevator lights which had been the only source of illumination, disappeared when the doors closed. Hyomin squeaked at the sudden darkness and pressed herself closer to Sunny. She was feeling more and more nervous as the seconds ticked by, and she felt like she was in a bad scene of a horror movie. 

 

“S-sunny, let’s go back. I’m really s-scared.”

 

Suddenly, she felt Sunny being pulled away from her and she screamed when she was left in the dark. “SUNNY!” screamed Hyomin, almost in tears as she stood there, her heartbeat racing like never before and screeched even louder when she heard a loud bang and all the lights came on.

 

“SURPRISEEEEEE!!”

 

Confetti blasted everywhere as Hyoyeon, Sooyoung, Yoona and Jiyeon pulled merrily at the poppers and Taeyeon put on the music that Tiffany had selected. Out came Eunjung and Qri, pushing a cart holding a large cake that Soyeon and Boram had baked for the surprise. 

 

Hyomin glanced around the room and saw Jessica and Seohyun next to the light switches, with giant grins on their faces. Yuri had an arm around Sunny who were both smiling ear to ear, having succeeded at planning the surprise.

 

“Welcome back, baby,” said Sunny lovingly.

 

With that, Hyomin collapsed to the floor as some of the girls screamed.

 

 

—————

 

 

“Hyomin, do you want to see a doctor?”

 

Sunny was repeating her question for the thousandth time as she held her lover securely in her arms on one of the sofas that had been placed in the deck. Hyomin waved the apology off, “G-gwenchana, I’m fine, bunny. I just.. got a little s-scared.”

 

“I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you to that point. It was supposed to be a surprise,” said Sunny guiltily as she hung her head. Hyomin giggled and placed a gentle kiss on Sunny’s cheek, “Don’t be, baby. It really surprised me.” 

 

Sunny was still pouting guilty and Hyomin gently moved Sunny to face her, “Thank you for the surprise.” Sunny felt Hyomin’s lips gently kiss her own and she responded to it. Pulling away from Sunny, Hyomin frowned a little, “Although.. You could have left out the part where they pulled you away from me.”

 

Yuri coughed a little at that. “Erm, sorry Hyo, that was kinda my fault. I sorta thought it’d be funny to see your reaction.” Jessica glared at her and knocked Yuri’s head playfully, “Yah pabo! Why didn’t you just stick to the plan?!” The Sunbyung couple giggled as they watch Yuri trying to explain to the ice queen that it was just a joke.

 

Rolling her eyes at the two girls, Taeyeon turned to face Hyomin, “But seriously though, we’re all glad you’re okay. Pany almost fainted herself when she saw you collapse.” Tiffany nodded worriedly. Hyomin smiled at her friends, “Thank you all for doing this for me. I’ve really missed you guys.”

 

Sunny helped Hyomin to her feet and the blonde moved to hug each and every one of her friends. Jiyeon was especially clingy, having been denied the time with her unnie at the photoshoot until Soyeon and Boram had to point out to Sooyoung that Hyomin was turning a little blue from Jiyeon’s vice grip.

 

“Unnie, why didn’t you tell us you were going to the photoshoot?” pouted Jiyeon. Hyomin laughed and patted the maknae’s head, “I’m sorry Jiyeonnie. I expected to do the photoshoot only to let myself see Sunny for a bit and then disappear again. “Well, I’m glad you didn’t. You and Sunny-unnie were made for each other. Destiny even brought you two together again,” exclaimed Jiyeon happily and everyone smiled at those words, Hyomin and Sunny especially.

 

“Come on unnies, let’s eat. The food is turning cold!” whined Yoona which Sooyoung and Jiyeon agreed. “Aigoo, these shikshins,” said Soyeon shaking her head and face palmed when Boram joined in the whining as well. “Alright then, everyone dig in!”

 

The girls made their way over to the food table and happily indulged in the meal that Soyeon and Boram had delivered from their restaurant. “Omo, unnie. This is really good. And it’s really healthy too!” said Seohyun to Soyeon and they continued talking about healthy food, much to the other girls faked annoyance.

 

Hyomin was halfway through feeding Sunny when Taeyeon danshin friend for being a big baby. Sunny was about to protest when Tiffany sat next to her girlfriend. “Tae-Tae, say ahhh.” It was Sunny’s turn to best friend as Taeyeon grudgingly gave in to being spoon fed, although they all knew she was secretly enjoying the attention.

 

“Park Hyomin, a word please.”

 

Jessica stood before the girls with her arms crossed and Hyomin looked a little worried at Jessica’s icy expression. Sunny gestured for her to speak to Jessica and both the blonde girls made their way into the corner of the room.

 

“Is something wrong, Sica?” asked Hyomin worriedly.

 

“Yes.”

 

“W-what is it?”

 

Jessica continued glaring at Hyomin when she suddenly let out a wail of despair, “Why did you reject doing my wedding photoshoot?” Hyomin quickly switched her expression from worried to shocked and then burst out laughing when she heard the ice queen’s words.

 

“I-I’m sorry, Sica. I knew you were working for Sunny and would probably have invited her to your wedding, so I couldn’t risk taking the job in case Sunny found out.”

 

“But but.. Now that you have Sunny back, will you do it for me?”

 

Hyomin took Jessica’s hands gently in hers, “Sica, you helped me when I was down and showed me kindness even when you didn’t want to. And for that, I will always be in your debt. Of course, I’ll do it.”

 

“Thank you Minnie!”

 

Jessica squealed and hugged her friend tightly. The two girls spoke for a bit and caught up on each other’s lives before Sunny walked over to them. “Sorry Sica, mind if I steal Minnie for awhile?” Jessica shook her head and bounded back over to Yuri.

 

 

—————

 

 

Sunny and Hyomin had made their way back to the bottom of Seoul Tower to get some fresh air since Hyoyeon had changed up the music and the girls were partying up on the deck.

 

The two girls walked silently towards the locks and they smiled when their saw the two pairs of locks they had once placed there. The words on them had faded over the years but Hyomin never forgot what Sunny had written for her.

 

I, Lee Soonkyu, promise to love Park Sunyoung with all my heart for as long as it beats.

 

“I meant every word.” Hyomin turned to Sunny who was watching her read the message. 

 

“I know you do,” said the blonde and placed a gentle kiss on Sunny’s lips. The two made their way to the love bench and they sat down with Sunny’s arm draped over Hyomin’s shoulder and the other one holding her hands. The two sat in silence for awhile before Sunny spoke.

 

“I still can’t believe you’ve kept that necklace even after-“

 

Hyomin looked at Sunny who was staring at the dainty locket around her neck. The blonde’s hand automatically moved to finger it gently and spoke with a soft voice, “Just like you, anything from you is a treasure to me.” Sunny smiled and felt the weight of Hyomin’s head rest on her shoulder.

 

“When are you leaving for New York?”

 

“Hmm.. In about another week.”

 

“Will you be back?”

 

“Do you want me to come back?”

 

“Yah. What kind of question is that? Of course you need to come back. In fact, I wish you didn’t have to go.” Hyomin giggled at Sunny’s pout.

 

“I’ll only be gone for a few days to clear up my schedule there. I can come back after that.”

 

“Make sure you do. Or I’ll come looking your sweet over there.”

 

“Byuntae! Maybe I should stay there longer so that you will come looking for me.”

 

“Or maybe, I should go with you so that I can make sure you come home with me.”

 

“Sunny, wherever you are, that will be home for me. Even if it was the Sahara deserts.”

 

Sunny blushed and tickled Hyomin when the blonde girl playfully about it. The two fell back into a comfortable silence again only to be broken a few moments later by Sunny’s words.

 

“Minnie, it’s only been a few days since we found each other again, but I want you to know that I love you with all my heart and I want to spend the rest of our lives together. And I’ll prove my love to you.”

 

Hyomin turned to look at Sunny who pointed towards the night sky.

 

Suddenly a bright light caught Hyomin’s eye and she watched as a firework display was put on, spelling out words. 

 

*PARK* 

 

*SUNYOUNG*

 

*I* 

 

*LOVE* 

 

*YOU*

 

*WILL* 

 

*YOU* 

 

*MARRY* 

 

*ME*

 

With tears in her eyes, Hyomin turned back to look at Sunny who was kneeling before her, holding the most beautiful diamond ring Hyomin had seen. Sunny looked nervous but composed herself when their eyes met.

 

“I love you, Sunyoung. Will you grow old with me?”

 

Hyomin choked and let her tears fall as she nodded her head. Sunny placed the ring on Hyomin with shaky hands and Hyomin pulled Sunny in to meet her lips for a long kiss. They stayed in each other’s embrace for a long time and Sunny heard words whispered into her ear.

 

“I love you more, Soonkyu. And you’re the only person I want for the rest of my life.”

 

Their lips mets once more and one last batch of fireworks shot up to the sky, lighting up everything in it’s path with the message of their love.

 

 

I love you, I do-

you have my word.

 

You have all my words.

 

 

 

 

 

 

FIN.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

SUNBYUNG IS REAL.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

 

Author’s Note:

That’s the end to Crossroads.

I would like to thank every single one who has read this story, subscribed and voted.

A big shout out to all those who've commented and left me feedback this story.

You have no idea how grateful I am to you guys.

It’s been a great experience writing here for the first time, thanks to all of you.

And I'm extremely proud to be able to mark this story as complete. 

I promise, this is not the end of it. I will constantly try and sharpen my writing skills to cater better stories for all of you.

Until next time! Tiamo!

 

PS: Do check out my other works:

I hope you like it! :)