Chapter 11: A Kiss To Seal The Deal

Crossroads

The sunlight gently poured into the room, a soft January breeze carrying a slight chill blowing the sheer curtains gently as the white bunny lay on the floor next to the bed, allowing itself to be covered by yet another article of clothing flung from a corner of the room. It sat there, slowly being buried by it’s frantic owner who was in a state of panic.

 

“Why does nothing look right?” wailed Hyomin as she continued to make her studio look like the aftermath of a tornado disaster. More wails could be heard as she saw that it was already a quarter past twelve and she had to leave soon so she was not late to pick her beloved bunny. Sunny had sent her the university dorm’s address earlier on and she had checked to see that it was a twenty minute drive away.

 

Fifteen minutes later, she grabbed her handbag off her bed and checked her reflection. Hyomin had ultimately settled for a short red dress that accentuated her sensual curves. Ever the perfectionist, she had woken up at two hours ago to be certain that her hair and makeup was on point. Snatching her car keys off the kitchen counter, she fumbled with the door locks while hopping around on one leg as she battled her foot to get one side of her black ballet flats on. Hyomin ran to the elevator to jump in hastily and started jabbing the buttons to the basement floors like an arcade console. She almost tripped on her own feet as she hurried towards her car. Jamming her foot on the accelerator, Hyomin sped off, endangering a few dustbins in the process.

 

 

—————

 

 

Sunny fiddled with her hands nervously as she waited at a taxi stand outside her university and checked her phone again to see if there were any notifications. As the minutes passed, Sunny began to worry if Hyomin was alright and a number of horrible scenes flashed in her mind. She started to panic from her imagination when she heard a screech of tires and raised her eyebrows to see a white Murcielago pull up in front of her. Sunny moved to get into the car and let out a low whistle of appreciation as she slipped into the lush leather interior.

 

“When you said car, I thought you meant something a little more.. normal,” chuckled an amused Sunny as she watch Hyomin twitch behind the wheel and hurriedly explained that it was her parent’s recent gift to her for getting into university. Sunny smiled and patted Hyomin’s hand, “You don’t have to explain, I’d go anywhere with you even if I had to walk a thousand miles.” Hyomin blushed at her bunny’s sweet talk and was inwardly bouncing when she noticed Sunny did not take her hand off from it’s resting place on her own. 

 

“So.. Are we going get a move on or are we gonna sit here for the rest of the day? I’m happy either way, you know,” the short blonde laughed which got Hyomin to snap out of her daydreaming. She proceeded to maneuver her car through the afternoon traffic as Sunny started a conversation by asking her if she was hungry.

 

 

—————

 

 

“..and a bowl of samgyetang, please.”

 

The waiter smiled and wrote down their order. Hyomin was seated across from Sunny at a one of the luxurious restaurants in the mall. She was still in a daze as she admired the blonde seated across her looking absolutely gorgeous in her stylish denim shirt over an oversized tank top. When she had watched Sunny climb out of her car earlier, she inwardly praised Sunny’s fashion sense seeing her legs ily wrapped in a pair of dark ripped jeans that was accentuated by a pair of black leather boots. How was this shy, awkward girl get so lucky to able to go out with thi-

 

“Hyomin-ah, are you listening to me? Park Sunyoung!”

 

“Wh-whuh?”

 

Sunny burst out in laughter as she caught Hyomin spacing out again. The girl could not have possibly looked any cuter to Sunny as Hyomin sheepishly apologized for odd behaviour. 

 

“Don’t be. I like watching you have your moments.” Sunny said and leaned forward slightly. Beckoning Hyomin closer, Sunny continued in a husky voice, “It’s also one of the reasons why you looked so goddamn attractive when we first met.” Sunny grinned as she heard the blushing brunette squeak hearing her honey lips work their magic. 

 

“B-but, I look like a weirdo when I space out. My appa told me when I was learning about idioms in elementary school, I used to have these blank expressions for the longest times. Especially the one about putting the cart before the horse, or was it the horse first. Wait, if the idiom was supposed to be for doing things in the wrong order, then it’s the cart before the horse. Unless you’ve already completed the work then.. YAH! Why are you laughing Lee Soonkyu?!” Hyomin burst out desperately as Sunny was bent over laughing at how this girl had ruined a y moment between them in an extraordinarily humorous way. Sunny wiped the tears from her eyes and slowly regained her composure, her smile never leaving her face.

 

“You’re a weirdo, but you’re definitely my kind of weirdo.” Sunny said reaching across the small table to pick up Hyomin’s hand and place a gentle kiss on it. Just then, the waiter returned with their order. “Jal meokkesseumnida!” exclaimed the both of them before digging into the meal. 

 

“Omo, this soup is really good.” Hyomin said with much gusto.

 

“Is samgyetang your favourite? I make it pretty often back in the dorms.”

 

“Eh, you can cook? Daebak. My mum cooked it for me all the time back in Busan since I was quite frail.”

 

“Come over some time soon, I’ll make it specially for you!”

 

“Jjinja? Omo, thank you bunny.”

 

“Anything for you, beautiful.” Sunny winked at Hyomin who playfully smacked the back of Sunny’s hand.

 

The two girls continued to make small talk and once they were done, Sunny called for the bill. She had insisted to pay for the meal when Hyomin started pulling her wallet out of her bag. Hyomin wanted to knock the playful bunny on her head when Sunny had not allowed her to pay yet again for their movie tickets and snacks. “After  all, I’m the one who asked you out for a date.”

 

 

—————

 

 

Hyomin had barely paid any attention to the action movie that was currently playing. They had settled on watching a popular action film earlier on but the cinema hall was nearly empty, probably due to this movie being released over three weeks ago. Sunny had selected the twin seats in the last row but there was enough people in the hall to fit the number of fingers on one of their hands. Since the movie started, neither of them had said a word to each other, merely stealing glances at each other in secret. They had both pretended to be interested in watching the hero of the story swinging from temple walls and mumbled apologies when their hands accidentally touched each other from reaching into the popcorn box sitting on Hyomin’s lap. Once or twice, Sunny had felt smooth skin instead of crunchy popcorn when she poorly aimed for the box. She had pulled away shyly each time, leaving a tingling sensation on the brunette’s thigh.

 

As their hands came in contact with each other for the umpteenth time, with short blonde let her hand linger over her companion’s just a tad longer than usual. Hyomin slowly turned to see at Sunny looking at her with a building flame in her eyes. Without warning, Sunny slipped her hands around Hyomin’s neck and pulled her in. Hyomin eyes portrayed surprise as their lips met for the first time. Hyomin felt all uncertainty leave her body when Sunny slipped her tongue into and matched her partner’s enthusiasm as they started a heated battle for dominance. Hyomin moaned into Sunny’s mouth as the short vixen pulled her closer and she felt herself melt into strong arms, pressing her already wanton body against her bunny.

 

Sunny slowly moved from those delicious lips to nibble her way down the brunette’s slender neck. Inhaling the sweet scent coming from the dark curtain of hair, Sunny felt Hyomin’s pulse against her lips and led on it, making sure to leave a mark as she heard an approving moan from the recipient. The moan quickly turned into a gasp when Hyomin felt Sunny’s hand slide down from her neck to rub her burning thighs. She felt her arousal rise when the mischievous blonde slipped past the hem of her dress, slowly making its way upwards when blinding lights came on. 

 

They jumped apart and hurriedly fixed their state of disarray, inwardly thankful when  the other three movie goers had not noticed the two girls sitting at the back of the hall. The two girls were quiet for a moment as they caught their breaths. Shyly turning her eyes to meet Sunny’s, she was met with a coy smile. 

 

“T-that w-as..” Hyomin whispered, feeling awkward.

 

“Hot.” Sunny said, finishing she blushing girl’s sentence.

 

Lost for words, Hyomin could only stare at her feet, torn between the exhilaration of the kiss and her reaction to the steamy interaction. Sunny observed the brunette battle her emotions and worry was evident in her voice as she asked, “Sorry Minnie, was it too much?” Her worries were for naught as Hyomin snapped her head up and shook it to a point where she looked like she was about to twist her pretty neck. Speaking of necks, Sunny touched the spot where she had left the hickey, smiling softly when Hyomin let out a sigh of content and closed her eyes to enjoy the feeling of the warm hand.

 

Their moment was broken when the cleaners walked in and moved to do their job. They gathered their things and stood up to exit the hall, hand in hand.

 

 

—————

 

 

“Sunny-ah, this place is beautiful.”

 

They had just finished their delicious dinner at a a beautiful rooftop cafe overlooking the Han river. When they had arrived here earlier, Sunny could not have been happier looking at the wonder in Hyomin’s face as she gazed at the beautiful night sky. Giggling at the brunette who was currently jumping up and down in her seat upon seeing the Banpo Bridge start it’s rainbow fountain display and nodded when Hyomin asked if she step away from the table to take some photos. Sunny fixed her gaze on Hyomin who had her back turned to her as she clicked away on a small digital camera she had brought in her purse. After a minute or two, Hyomin turned around excitedly and motioned to Sunny to join her. “It’s so pretty, I can’t believe the unnies haven’t brought me here yet,” said Hyomin as Sunny approached the rooftop railings. 

 

“Would you like to go closer?”

 

Hyomin nodded earnestly and they made their way to the bridge after Sunny had insisted on checking the bill for the third time that day. Sunny reached to hold Hyomin’s hand and they strolled slowly towards to bridge. The light show ended as they got closer and Sunny assured the bummed out brunette that there would be another one in half an hour. Convinced, Hyomin asked if she could take some selcas together when they stood beside the bridge a couple of minutes later. The two posed comically for the camera as Hyomin fired its shutter over and over again. Posing with a rose that Sunny had bought from a street vendor, the camera clicked as Sunny pecked Hyomin on the cheeks. She checked her camera and was glad the picture showed her smiling instead of blushing like she was doing now.

 

Not long later, Hyomin leaned back comfortably against Sunny’s chest as she sat one step below Sunny on a flight of stairs to watch another beautiful rainbow display. Sunny rested her chin on Hyomin’s shoulder and savoured a deep breath of her tangerine smelling hair as she wrapped her arms around a slim waist. 

 

“I love you.”

 

Not daring to believe her ears, Hyomin slowly circled her face to Sunny only to be met with eyes full of sincerity. Hyomin’s cheek, “I know it’s a little too early but believe me when I say that I have never felt this way about anyone else before. I can’t stop smiling when you’re with me and you make me feel like all my dreams can become reality. Call me crazy, but I want you to be mine for the rest of our lives.” Moving her body slightly so that she was looking directly at Hyomin, “Will you be my girlfriend?”

 

Sunny heard her nervous heart running wild as it felt like eternity before Hyomin spoke.

 

“I-I feel exactly the same way, Sunny.” 

 

“Then-“

 

“And.. The answer is yes.”

 

“Hyo-“

 

Soft lips pressed against hers as Sunny’s heart wept tears of joy. Their kiss this time was different. It was sweet and so full of love that Hyomin felt a small tear form at the corner of her eye. Although, they had only known each other for a brief time, their hearts had recognised it’s soulmate and allowed themselves to fall madly in love with no inhibitions. 

 

Hyomin’s eyes fluttered open a minute later to collide with a love filled gaze from her bunny. Sunny wiped the stray tear from her eyes and pulled her close to rest cheek on her chest once again. Hyomin settled into the warmth of the arms hugging her and slipped her own arms around her girlfriend. Hyomin recalled her mother’s words about finding love one day and she could not have been happier to find it in the form of Sunny.

 

 

 

 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

 

Author’s Note:

And as I promised you, a giant dose of Sunbyung goodness.

I initially thought of just writing a feel good story of Sunny finally getting the girl but decided to extend it further. 

I hope you’ve enjoyed this chapter and thank you for all the new subs and upvotes.

Keep those comments coming in! I love interacting with my readers.

Have a great weekend ahead! :D