Raising Inhibitions

IOI Shikshins One-Shot Collection

*drip*

Why? Why can't I be good enough in the eyes of people?

*sniff*

Am I really that useless and untalented?

*sob*

How am I going to survive this torment?

"Sohye-ah..." Kyulkyung-unnie called.

I panted. I wiped my tears away and forced myself to calm down and look okay. She can't see me like this. No one should see me like this...

"Sohye-ah, open the door." She said again.

*creak*

"Ne, unnie?" I greeted her through the door.

"Why did you lock the room? Why are your eyes puffy? Are you okay?"

Genius, Joo Kyulkyung.

"It's nothing, unnie." I lie again.

"Don't lie to me, Sohye. You're not fine." Kyulkyung-unnie said, crossing her arms and giving me a straight look.

"It's nothing, unnie, really..." I assured her.

"Alright. I'm not going to force you. I came here to tell you that Doyeon needs you at the studio right now." Kyulkyung-unnie said and I nodded.

I went to fix myself and my things as Kyulkyung-unnie went to her bed to rest. I bid goodbye when she went to me and hugged me.

"Have fun. And please...don't stress yourself. You can do it, okay? Unnie believes in you." She said.

"Ne." I responded.

"And if my Doyeonnie gets too rough on you, tell it to the authorities, mainly me." She added, making me laugh a little.

I checked the time and it was 15 minutes before 1. I bid Kyulkyung-unnie goodbye again and went straight to the studio.

---

"Doyeonnie~" Yoojung went to Doyeon and hugged her tight.

"Yah! Choi Yoojung!! Don't just hug me! I have my Pinky and you have the vitamin Somi!" Doyeon said, shooing her.

"Yah! We've been friends since third grade and I'm still loyal to my Somi." Yoojung defended.

"What's taking Sohye so long?" Doyeon asked, checking the time.

"She'll be here soon." I said.

"Spoke too soon," said Yoojung as Sohye came into view.

"Penguin~♡" I rushed to hug her.

Sohye chuckled and hugged me back. Doyeon and Yoojung came closer and we greet the penguin.

"I see Pinky called you." Doyeon said.

"Yeah. And you better not mess with me or else I'll tell her that you've been a bad girl," said Sohye.

Doyeon gave us a shocked look as if she was 'burned'. We all laughed until I noticed something different in Sohye. Her eyes are puffy...

"Hey...are you okay, penguin?" I asked and checked her face.

Don't hide your pain, penguin...

"I'm fine, Mina-ya. Anyways, what made you call me, Doyeon?" She asked, ignoring my concern.

Seen at 1:05 PM

"Sejeong-unnie and Chungha-unnie will be practicing with us. Mostly, their main concern is to practice with you-"

"It's not just her, Doyeon. We'll be practicing together." I interjected, holding Sohye's hand.

"Chungha-unnie said that she'll be practicing with Sohye only. Sejeong-unnie will be here too," said Yoojung.

I felt Sohye shaking. Yoojung covered with her hand and slapped Doyeon's shoulder for being too straightforward. I sighed and hugged the penguin.

"It's okay. I'll practice with you, okay?" I did my best to comfort her.

"Way to go, Kim Doyeon." I heard Yoojung.

"Sohye-ah~ I'm so sorry~" Doyeon and Yoojung went to us and we comforted our precious penguin.

I understood Sohye. I may be frank that I never make so much mistakes in practice but I felt the pressure in making sure to perfect such capabilities. Sohye was like in the last place in the race of mastery. She can't sing and dance well. I can't sing well either. Doyeon was almost of the same aspect but Yoojung? She way too gifted.

"We're all called to practice, okay? Sohye needs to be practiced with both while you two are on vocal practice with Sejeong-unnie." Yoojung said.

"Wait a second. You weren't called, Choi Yoojung...so why are you here?!" I realized and I could almost hit her.

"I want to spend time with my squad. Plus...my girlfriend will be here with the unnies..." She mumbled the last part and we all squealed.

"Jeon Somi is like the kid of the SeChung couple. Whenever her parents go out somewhere, she's always coming with them." Doyeon spoke.

Someone came. All of us gazed at the door and there were three people.

 It was Sejeong-unnie, Chungha-unnie, and Somi.

"Annyeonghaseyo~" We greeted.

"Hey, guys," said Chungha-unnie.

"Hello." Sejeong-unnie greeted, smiling.

"Yoojungie~~" Somi went to her girlfriend and hugged her tight.

Yoojung blushed hard. Chungha-unnie told us Yoojung won't be practicing with us so she told Somi that they should spend time together somewhere else. Somi nodded and Yoojung was dragged out of the studio, leaving the three of us with our practices.

"Okay. Shall we start?" Chungha-unnie asked.

"Ne!"

---

I was at one side with Chungha-unnie while Mina and Doyeon were with Sejeong-unnie with their vocal lessons.

"Okay. We're going to practice the routine. Then you can proceed with the rest for vocal practice."

"Ne." I nodded.

I danced first as Chungha-unnie checked. There was one move that I got wrong and she made me stop. She taught me how to execute it well and I did my best to follow her. It took me almost two hours to finally get it right and I noticed Chungha-unnie rub her temples as if she's resisting the urge to get mad. I shook my head and focused. In the end, I got it right but I stumbled. Chungha-unnie rushed to check on me as much as Sejeong-unnie did.

"Sohye-ah, are you okay?" Chungha-unnie held onto my head.

"Sohye-ah, did you hurt yourself?" Sejeong-unnie checked my face.

I shook my head and Sejeong-unnie hugged me like I was her child. I felt that urge again but I don't want to let it out. They can't find out my weak side.

"That's enough." Chungha-unnie said.

"You're right. We should stop from here. The kids are tired," said Sejeong-unnie.

All of us gathered. Mina was so worried that she hugged me and checked on me. I heard Doyeon coo but Chungha-unnie reprimanded her.

"Can we go now?" Mina asked the unnies.

"Sure, Mina." Sejeong-unnie said.

Mina grabbed my hand and my bag and we went ahead. I was confused at first since Mina's grip on my hand was a bit tight. We were inside a classroom wherein she locked the door and faced me.

"How could you hide it from me?" She asked.

"What?" I asked.

"How could you just hide your pain, Kim Sohye?" She asked again, holding my hands.

"You've mistaken, Mina. I'm fine." I answered.

"That's not what I want to hear from you." Mina said.

"What do you want to hear from me then? That I'm not okay? That I'm struggling to get straight with my problems because of my incapability? Or that I'm in love with you and that I'm afraid of making mistakes because I don't want you to see me so weak?" I babbled and covered my mouth.

Mina was stunned. I was like her...but my emotions finally went free. I put my hands and cried in front of her. I couldn't care less if people heard me and watched me so helpessly...but I had to let it out. It's been hidden so long, hurting my heart badly. I felt hands getting rid of my hands on my and felt lips beyond mine. I opened my eyes swiftly and there was Mina...kissing me.

Oh my fricking goodness...

Mina lets go of the kiss and wiped my tears. She was crying too. I wiped her tears and hugged her.

"I'm so sorry for hiding my feelings too much. I may acting strong but those feeelings were true. I really love you, Kang Mina." I finally said and felt her face burying on my neck.

"How could you keep it so well? You don't know how long I've waited for you to tell me that you really love me...because I love you too, you pabo penguin." She replied.

"I'm sorry, my cute cinammon princess. I love you." I said.

"I love you too, penguin..." Mina mumbled, her face still buried in the crook of my neck.

Then I hear cheering. I looked by the corner and saw Sejeong-unnie hugging Chungha-unnie. Yoojung was cheering with Somi hugging her and Doyeon wiping her eyes with a tissue. I held Mina's hand and made her look at me. She gave me her crescent smile and we went to our squad.

"Let's go on a triple date!" Somi boomed.

"You're going home, Kim Doyeon." Yoojung said and we all laughed.

"Did I miss something?"

We both looked at the source of the voice and Doyeon raced to that person, hugging her tight.

"Kyulkyung~" Sejeong-unnie called.

We watch Kyulkyung-unnie hug her girlfriend tight. It was replaced with laughter when Kyulkyung-unnie pinched Doyeon's ear.

"Yah! Yoojung told me you have gotten rough on our little Sohye. Didn't I tell you not to?" Kyulkyung-unnie mumbled.

"Oww...TT" Doyeon mumbled as she rubbed her earlobe.

"Don't worry, unnie. She said her sorry." I said as Mina kissed my cheek.

I blushed as all of them cooed. Kyulkyung-unnie didn't expect that as she grabbed Doyeon's hanky and cried like seeing a movie.

"Our little penguin's got a girlfriend. She's now grown up..." Kyulkyung-unnie said as she leaned onto Doyeon.

"Who's the appa? Is it you, Doyeon-unnie? Sohye-unnie can call you 'appa' now? And I'll call you ahujussi!!" Somi said and we broke into a laughing stock.

---

*1 year later*

"Penguin!! Let's go!!"

"Ne!!"

Sohye and I were official since last year. As of now, we're off to see our old friends at the park for a picnic and I'm rushing my precious penguin so we can have the food to ourselves.

"My car keys??" She asked, giving me her priceless yet cute expression.

"Kiss me first then I'll give you your keys." I pouted.

Sohye winked then kissed my cheek. I gasped but she stuck a tongue as her keys were on her hand. I pouted.

"I'm just kidding..." She went closer and pecked my lips.

I giggled and went with her towards her car. I was in awe of my penguin. She has her own car and she looks cool whenever she rides.

*at the park*

"Were here~" I cheered and went outside right away.

I rushed to searched to search for the squad. As I saw Somi and Yoojung running around, I knew I was close. I went further and there was Sejeong-unnie and Chungha-unnie, watching the two vitamins. Doyeon and Kyulkyung-unnie were by the big mat, setting the food. I giggled and went to where the food was.

"Yah!" Doyeon slapped my hand and I winced.

"Wait for everyone, shikshin." She added.

"Yah, where's Sohye?" Kyulkyung-unnie asked.

Omo! I forgot my penguin!! I hopped off my position and searched for her. I retraced my steps towards the car and I couldn't find her. I whined like a baby when someone blocked my vision. I whined harder and the owner's hands brought my vision makes me face...her...

"Why did you go back here? I just went to buy some ddeokbokki for you and the rest..." Sohye was in front of me, holding a  pack of ddeokbokki.

"YAH! YOU SHOULD'VE TOLD ME!!" I whined while slapping her shoulder.

"Sorry...I just wanted to surprise you..." She said and I ended up kissing her cheek.

"Gomawo...but let me get the biggest share. It's from you after all." I winked.

Sohye nodded. I held her hand and we went back to the picnic area. As we walked, I held her arm this time and leaned onto her shoulder. Sohye has been the best girlfriend ever and I was so grateful that she was always been for me. I sometimes release my inhibitions like her but she helped me live with whatever life offered to me. I was also reminded of her nature leading to our relationship which made me so happy. Who knew all it had to was raising inhibitions??

 

That was the second one-shot everyone.

@hccc49: DoKyul and SeChung ship granted. For your request of another NaChung cameo, that will be due on the next one-shot. 

Stay tuned.

-asahdako