One of These Moments

IOI Shikshins One-Shot Collection

Year 2016 came and six friends face one hell of their lives in the university. Im Nayoung and Jung Chaeyeon are suffering in an even drastic hell due to their status as graduating students in high school. Joo Kyulkyung and Kim Sohye were also facing some struggles yet Kang Mina and Jeon Somi were feisty as they were chill as .

"Unnie!!!" Somi tackled Chayeon for a hug.

"Not now, Somi-ah. I'm busy," said Chaeyeon, working on her capstone project with Nayoung.

"Yah, Jeon Somi. Come and make your homework with me! Kyulkyung-unnie and Penguin are going to teach us," said Mina.

Somi shrugged and joined the other four. Mina was diligent with making her homework as Sohye decided to help her with hers. Kyulkyung and Sohye had no problem teaching them as they were almost finished with all their homework.

"That was awesome! Sohye-unnie teaches better than our teacher," said Somi, fixing her bag.

"Sohye's IQ is in the same level as a middle high schooler. She would be in the same level as you two but she's advanced, like you with junior high," said Kyulkyung.

Somi was in awe. Mina? She was more than 'in awe' of Sohye. She admired her so much.

---

The friends gathered again. Kyulkyung and Nayoung were together, gifts on their hands. Chaeyeon caught up and was hiding her face with a desperate Somi following her. Sohye and Mina were chill as they sat with the rest of them.

"So...you two are official?" Nayoung asked Chaeyeon.

"No! Somi's just too persistent." Chaeyeon answered as Somi hugged her from the back, giving her a rose.

"Be my girlfriend, unnie." Somi confessed.

"You're four years younger than me!" Chaeyeon rejected.

"I'm not stopping, unnie. I'll court you until you accept me." Somi said.

"At least accepy my rose." She added while making a pout.

Chaeyeon found it cute and she did. Somi was so happy and sat next to her. Chaeyeon was relieved for she had gone quiet.

"Lucky you." Chaeyeon said as she saw Kyulkyung's gifts.

"My Stone Nayoung is so sweet. She got this all for me." Kyulkyung said as she cuddled up to Nayoung.

The Stone Buddha blushed a bit. All of them cooed of the official couple of their squad.

"Hey, share some stuff, you two. How's your Valentines?" Kyulkyung asked Mina and Sohye.

Mina and Sohye looked at each other and felt awkward. Kyulkyung cooed for them and the two blushed at the same time.

"Unnie~" Mina stuttered.

"Valentines? Nah, I got nothing..." Sohye answered.

"Well...maybe a mysterious letter from an anonymous." She confessed and everyone squealed.

"Who could it be?" Kyulkyung thought about it.

All Sohye could do was laugh. Nayoung and Kyulkyung were saying cheesy things to each other, Somi was busy admiring Chaeyeon as Sohye went quiet like Mina.

"So...how's Valentines?" Sohye started conversation.

"Nothing much. Kyulkyung-unnie and Nayoung-unnie gave me food." Mina said, showing her a bag of chocolates.

"Chaeyeon-unnie accepted my love~" Somi sang.

"It's just a rose." Chaeyeon mumbled.

"Here." Sohye got something for Mina.

Mina couldn't hold her blush. The rest of them cooed as Sohye hands something to Mina.

"Open it!" Somi said.

"I'll open it later. Gomawo, Penguin." Mina smiled.

"You're welcome." Sohye replied.

---

Graduation came. The six friends have to be apart with two of their unnies. Kyulkyung was emotional as she bids her Stone Nayoung goodbye. Somi was also emotional as she bids Chaeyeon goodbye. For Sohye and Mina, they talked as they watch their unnie and maknae say goodbye to the love of their lives...at least for now.

"I'm going to miss Nayoung-unnie. She's been helpful to me since I got here." Mina said.

"That's her. She and Chaeyeon-unnie were really helpful since I got here too." Sohye said.

"Penguin?" Mina called and Sohye responds with a hum.

"Next year, huh?" Mina mumbled.

"Oh...graduation...yeah...Kyulkyung-unnie and I..." Sohye mumbled back.

Mina didn't say anything but she held Sohye's hand, intertwining their fingers. Mina looked away, her hold still intact. Sohye didn't let go as she pulled her and said:

"Come on. The unnies are treating us."

"Okay." Mina said, showing her smiles.

---

Mina was at her home doing nothing. Vacations have been fun but as days passed, she grew bored. Mina thought of an idea and decided to call her squad.

"Nayoung-unnie, can we hang-oh...you're in a date with Kyulkyung-unnie...okay..." Mina sighed.

"Chaeyeon-unnie-"

"Chaeyeon-unnie!! Be my girlfriend, unnie!!" She heard Somi's voice.

Mina's eyes dilated as she hung up. She waddled around her room and slumped on the bed.

"I know!! Penguin!!" Mina said as she dialled Sohye.

Mina anticipated, hoping Sohye picks up her phone. And she did...

"Mina?"

"Penguin! Are you at home?" Mina asked.

"Ne. Wae?" Sohye asked.

"Let's hang out! I'm bored~" Mina whined.

"Sure. Where will we meet?" Sohye said and it made Mina freeze for a moment.

'Wait a minute...did she...say yes??'

Mina's heart beated fast. She was overwhelmed of this sudden feeling it made her giggle a little and she smiled again.

"Mina? Helloooo~?" Mina went back to reality as Sohye was still there.

"Ah...at the park by my house. Please meet me there..." Mina finally said.

"Okay. I'll go there right away. See you." Sohye said and hung up.

Mina gulped as she processed everything that had happened. She slumped on her bed and giggled, her hands on her chest. But eventually she got up to ready herself.

*at the park*

Mina was panting, running and searching for Sohye. Her head moved sideways and she stopped, the view of the monkey bars filling her vision. Also, there was Sohye.

'Ah...I'm late...'

Mina huffed. She was a bit nervous. She hesitated to go closer but she greeted Sohye by hugging her from the back.

"Mina-ya." Sohye smiled as she saw the person.

"Hey, penguin." Mina greeted.

"Come sit with me." Sohye nudged.

Mina nodded and sat beside her. Sohye grabbed a cookie from her bag and fed Mina. Mina gave her crescent smiled and indulged.

"So much for our first meeting..." Mina giggled.

"Yeah...I had nothing to do. I don't see any reason why I shouldn't meet you." Sohye answered.

"Let's just chill for a moment." Mina said as she leaned her head on Sohye's shoulder.

Sohye felt a thump on her chest. She responded as she and Mina sat, enjoying the peaceful setting and the wonderful weather.

----

It didn't end there. Mina and Sohye went out whenever they had nothing to do for vacation. Meetings were awkward at first but as time went by they got used to it. Both of them initiate a hangout in different intervals. Usually it was spontaneous, mostly in the park but sometimes in malls, convenience stores, or by the Han River, a place the both of them loved the most. For this day, Mina initiated it again...and this time she plans to do something special.

"*pant*...late again..." Mina mumbled.

Sohye was first in coming, waiting. Mina felt a bit guilty for making her wait that she went to her and wrapped her arms around her waist, her head leaning on her back.

"You and your back hugs." Sohye chuckled.

"Mianhe. I'm late again." Mina apologized.

"It's okay. What's important is that you came," said Sohye.

"Kaja." Mina held her hand and they walked downwards.

The both went closer to the river. Mina ran near the riverbank, touching the soothing water. Sohye could only watch her. She smiled and Mina got to look at her.

"Come here." Mina said.

Sohye nodded and went to her direction. As Sohye got closer, Mina held her arm and pulled her for a hug. Sohye was caught off-guard. She froze as Mina's hug got tighter. She blushed and her heart never stopped beating.

"Penguin...I..." Mina couldn't say much.

"I h-hate to ask...but...do you...do you like me??" Sohye asked out of the blue.

"Of course...of course I do, you naive penguin..." Mina mumbled.

"R-Really...wow..." Sohye mumbled.

Sohye's mind and heart was processing the whole confession. She lets go of the hug and faced Mina.

"Mina-ya...how about if I do this one thing, would you still like me?" Sohye asked.

Sohye lets go of the hug and faced Mina. Mina questioned about it when Sohye held her hands tenderly. Mina held back and froze as Sohye kissed her forehead. Sohye was about to part when Mina wrapped her arms around Sohye's shoulder, the little kiss lasting a little longer.


"Babo." Mina mumbled while pouting.

"Yeah. I'm a babo... a babo penguin..." Sohye chuckled.

"Can I say something foolish?" Sohye asked.

"Sure." Mina replied.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" Sohye asked.

Mina blushed hard. She hugged Sohye again and buried her face on Sohye's shoulder.

"Can I say something more foolish?" Mina asked back.

"Ye-" Sohye stopped as Mina kissed her cheek.

"YES!!"

---

Classes start again. The squad of six-turned-four reunited in their favorite spot at school.

"Yah, Kyulkyung-unnie..." Somi waved her hand in front of the moping girl's face.

"What? Can I just mope about my Stone Nayoung in peace?" Kyulkyung whined.

"I'll join with you. It's not the same without Chaeyeon-unnie." Somi sulked.

Kyulkyung and Somi sulked together. Kyulkyung's eyes wandered around and as she saw the remaining two of their squad. Her mood changed all of a sudden as she ended up squealing.

"What is that-OMO!" Somi reacted.

Mina and Sohye were sitting next to them. Mina had her arm around Sohye and Kyulkyung and Somi squealed.

"How could you guys be so good at guessing?" Sohye asked.

"When were you two official?" Kyulkyung asked back.

"Share it to us, unnie~" Somi joined in.

"About two weeks ago..." Sohye answered.

"*sigh*...such timing..." Somi said sadly.

"If only the unnies could see this, especially my Stone Nayoung," said Kyulkyung.

"How are you with your lovelives?" Mina asked them.

"Nayoung and I are still official. It's just that...it's not the same without her here at the uni. I miss her. Also, she's busy with work." Kyulkyung answered.

"For Chaeyeon-unnie, I decided to stop courting her. It's not like I'm giving up but I don't think she doesn't want to waste time hearing my neverending lines. I want to give her peace," said Somi.

"She'll miss that of you. She might turn the tables and look for you." Sohye said.

"Sohye's right, Somi." Kyulkyung added.

*RING*

The squad stood up. Kyulkyung went ahead as Somi waited for Mina to let go of Sohye.

"Come on, shikshin. Let's go." Somi intervened.

"See you later?" Mina asked Sohye.

"Of course." Sohye answered.

Mina went with Somi. She gave Sohye a flying kiss and they went to their class. Sohye could only smile.

"Come on, Sohye." Kyulkyung called.

"Ne." She responded and went with her.

---

A running cutie was heading straight towards a table with her two other friends waiting. She was excited but as she got there, seeing a missing person, her mood changed.

"Where is she?" The running cutie asked worriedly.

"She won't be coming," answered Somi.

"She texted that she won't be coming. She's sick." Kyulkyung added.

"What?! Screw that. I'm ditching class-"

"And she told me not to let you ditch classes. She texted me just now," said Kyulkyung.

"Why does she text you and not me?" Mina dialled Sohye.

The ring lasted for mere minutes as Sohye answered. Mina huffed her breath and answered.

"Yah, penguin! How could you text Somi and Kyulkyung-unnie that you're sick. Just call me, babo."

"Sorry...I just don't want you to worry about me." She answered.

"How can I not worry about my sick penguin?" Mina explained.

"I know. Mianhe-" Sohye coughed hard.

"I'm going there, okay? Someone might not look after you there." Mina said.

"You don't have to. Please attend your classes." Sohye protested.

"I won't be able to focus anyway when I worry about you every second. Somi can teach me later. Penguin...I want to get to you. You're sick." Mina said softly.

"Mina-ya..." Sohye mumbled as she sniffled.

"I want to be with my precious penguin. Just wait there." Mina said.

"Okay." Sohye finally agreed.

"I love you." Mina said and Kyulkyung and Somi squealed quietly.

"I love you too." Sohye answered with her hoarse voice.

Mina smiled and hung up. She looked at the other two, squealing like ultimate fangirls. Mina batted her eyes as she ran back.

"Wait!" Somi made Mina stop.

"What now?" Mina was in a hurry for the sake of her penguin.

"Here...our gifts for the sick birthday girl." Somi said, handing out two neatly-wrapped bags.

'Huh? Birthday...??'

Mina waved goodbye and headed straight towards the exit. She checked the date and it hit her...

'July 19...Penguin's birthday!'

She facepalmed herself. What a girlfriend she was. How could she almost forget her penguin's birthday??

'Come on...must find a birthday store...'

Mina went around town. She was still in a rush. She wanted to find the perfect gift for her penguin and to be there for her as soon as possible. She panted from all the running and was about to give up when she saw something...

"Kigurimis...2 for 10000 won..." Mina read the sign.

She checked her wallet and had 50000 won. She then checked the designs and she cheered.

"Shark and penguin...her favorites....yes! Perfect!!"

Mina went inside. She checked the said sale and asked for available sizes. She estimated it and purchased both kigurimis of the right price. She also included wrapping the gift and she felt so proud and relieved to have a gift for her penguin. She thanked the saleslady and went to a bakery to buy a cake for Sohye. As she finished buying the things she needed, she went straight to Sohye's apartment.

*at Sohye's apartment*

Mina typed the code and got inside with no worries. She puts the gifts and cake neatly on the table and looked for Sohye in her bedroom. She found her penguin sleeping peacefully, her face red and she was panting a little. Mina checked on her right away and felt heat. She winced and decided to wipe her face and place the cloth on her forehead. Sohye's breathing went steady and she slept with a smile. Mina couldn't resist admiring her girlfriend that she took a picture of her. She grabbed a stool and sat beside Sohye. She rested her head on the bed and held Sohye's hand tenderly, waiting for her to wake up.

*five hours later*

Sohye was awake. She yawned and stretch and felt something on the top of her left hand. She looked down and there was her Mina, sleeping while holding her hand. Sohye couldn't hold a bit of her tears as she pets Mina's head. Mina woke up from that and was shocked of seeing Sohye cry.

"Penguin! What's wrong??" Mina grew worried again.

"Ya...you really came...sorry if I slept..." Sohye mumbled.

"It's fine. Hey...are you okay? Do you feel dizzy??" Mina held Sohye's arm and checked on her.

"I'm fine-" Sohye said when Mina kissed her hand.

"Happy Birthday, Penguin." Mina greeted.

Sohye gasped. She couldn't hold back her tears again as Mina grabbed her hanky and wiped Sohye's tears away.

"Yah. You and your surprises...*sniff*... thank you, Mina-ya." Sohye said.

*rumble*

"I'm hungry." Sohye held her stomach.

"Come on. I brought some chicken." Mina held Sohye's hand and helped her to get up.

Sohye got up. Mina gagged of what she was wearing: a droopy sweatshirt showing off her collarbone and shoulders and some shorts showing off her y legs.

"What?" Sohye noticed Mina blushing.

"Nothing. Let's go and eat." Mina said.

 Mina and Sohye had a blast. Sohye got her gifts from her squad and ate a bit of cake. Mina was very grateful for this moment. Sure she wanted the rest of the squad to come by but she really wanted  the time to be with her Sohye alone. Despite of the moment, she couldn't get over what Sohye's wearing. She found her so y.

Remind me *the author* to pray for Mina's soul...kekeke

---

This month had been busy. All of the students were at their starting point of hell inside their uni. Assigments need to be done, quizzes need to be studied, recitations need to be grabbed by chance, and distractions need to be excluded. For now, Mina and Somi were ar their spot, studying.

"Can't we get a break, Mina? Come on, we got this! We're first and second placers, remember? The lessons are easy..." Somi recommended.

"Not a chance, Somi. Maybe for you but not for me..." Mina said, her eyes on her book.

"Chaeyeon-unnie just called." Somi began, scrolling over her phone.

"And?" Mina responded.

"She wanted to talk to me. I guess this is what Sohye meant in 'turning of tables.'"

Mina stopped. She thought about her Penguin. Ever since her birthday, they haven't spent time together due to their studies and schedules. Sohye and Kyulkyung were graduating students, focused at their game. And for Mina, she doesn't want to disturb her girlfriend.

"I see..." Mina mumbled.

"Are you fine, Kang Mina? You've been so isolated since Sohye got distracted from her part of hell." Somi said.

"I know. I see her sometimes but I miss her. I want to see her frequently like the old times." Mina said.

"Why don't you talk to her, then? She won't mind..." Somi recommended.

"I'll do it later. She still has her class." Mina mumbled.

*four hours later*

Mina went to the seniors building to check on Sohye. She was a bit intimated by some students looking at her but her only focus now was to see her Sohye. She found her by her desk writing something as Kyulkyung was also there with another senior.

"Mina~" Kyulkyung called.

"Unnie~" Mina went to her and hugged her.

"Yah, Kim Sohye! Your girl's here." She called Sohye our of her school girl zone.

"What-" Sohye stopped as Mina tackled her for a hug.

"That's cute." The other senior mumbled at Kyulkyung.

" off, Eunwoo." Kyulkyung mumbled back.

"Why do you torment me? Come on. Let me be your girl-"

Kyulkyung dragged Eunwoo and they went out of the room, leaving Mina and Sohye some privacy.

"Hey..." Sohye hugged Mina back.

"I miss you. Let's go out this Saturday." Mina suggested.

"Can we do it in the afternoon? I have my capstone schedule in the morning." Sohye also suggested.

Mina felt a little down. She wanted to spend time with Sohye the whole day. For her, afternoons won't be enough to make up their usual times together.

"Can you skip it and be with me...just this once?" Mina pleaded.

"Mina...I can't. I can't miss this because is important for my graduation requirements."

"You're choosing school over me?" Mina asked

"Mina...it's not like that-" Sohye explained but Mina cut her off.

"You've changed, Penguin. What happened to those plans that we will always spend time together? I plead for just one day with you but you can't. You can't even text me everyday anymore because you say you're busy. I had to come here just to see you but...you decline my request." Mina explained, bearing her tears.

"Mina-ya...I'm sorry but-"

"It's fine. I'll go now. You've been busy..." Mina said as she noticed Sohye's work.

Sohye grabbed Mina's hand and she was greeted by a slap. Mina couldn't hold her tears anymore and ran away. Sohye went after her but Eunwoo held onto her collar.

"Let her cry out her emotions. It's a psychological fact."

"Sohye...what did you..." Kyulkyung was shocked of what happened.

"I screwed up..." Sohye mumbled.

"Let me go, Eunwoo. I need to talk to her. Please..." Sohye pleaded.

Eunwoo didn't hesitate and lets her go. Sohye ran and searched for Mina. She scurried at the middle high school building, inside her classroom, and was greeted with shaking heads as she asked for Mina's whereabouts. She sighed as it started to rain. She was getting wetter but she had to get to Mina. She ran out of the uni and saw her by the pedestrian lane. She noticed that she can't walk yet and that a sedan was speeding towards Mina. Sohye rushed towards the lane, grabbing Mina.

"Mina-ya!!"

And the penguin falls on a pool of red as the rain poured from the heavens.

---

*beep*

Sohye's eyes opened wide as she squinted because the sudden emission of light. She groaned and tried to get up when someone pushed her down, making her stop.

"Yah...who's-" Sohye stopped as she saw Nayoung and Chaeyeon.

"Thank the stars..." Nayoung sighed in relief.

"We were so worried you wouldn't make it. Someone up there answered our prayers. Thank goodness you're awake." Chaeyeon said, hugging Sohye.

Sohye looked at the hand Nayoung was holding and noticed an IV drip above. She inhaled, feeling something on her nose. She lets go of Nayoung's hold when another hand stopped her.

"Yah!! How could you just make us worry?!!"

"Pinky...calm down. She's alive and that's all that matters." Nayoung comforted her girlfriend.

And Sohye recalled everything. She bursts into tears and the three reached to comfort her.

"Where's Mina?" She asked.

"She's at her home with Somi. She had been so worried yet guilty for what had happened to you," said Chaeyeon.

"Can you let her come here? I need to talk to her...please..." Sohye begged.

"Come on, Pinky. Let her talk to Mina." Nayoung asked for her girlfriend's approval.

"Mina hasn't gone out since Sohye was at harm. You know Sohye was in comatose for almost a month..." Kyulkyung whispered.

But for Sohye, she heard everything. She gulped as Chaeyeon comforted her while the official couple talked things through like a married couple.

"Sohye-ya, you've been in comatose for almost a month. Your condition was critical and if Kyulkyung didn't catch up to the both of you, you could've died..." Chaeyeon's words sent shivers down Sohye's spine.

"Mina...is she alright?" Sohye asked.

"She is...because you saved her. She could've been hit by that sedan but you saved her. That was one reckless yet selfless thing you did." Chaeyeon said as tears fell on her face.

"Unnie...let me see her..." Sohye cried with her.

The couple went closer to the both of them. Kyulkyung held Sohye's hand and said:

"I called Somi and she said they'll be here later. For now, you need to rest. We promise you that Mina will be the first person you see when you wake up."

Sohye didn't hesitate and nodded. Nayoung adjusted her bed to the right leverage and Chaeyeon assisted Sohye in lying down. Sohye yawned a bit and slept peacefully. Chaeyeon and Kyulkyung cried as Nayoung comforted her girlfriend and patted Chaeyeon's shoulder.

"She had us worry so much." Kyulkyung sniffled.

"Yeah. But I gotta hand it to her, she's brave. She must've loved Mina so much," said Chaeyeon.

"She did...and she always had." Nayoung finished.

*five hours later*

Sohye woke up again. The room was dark and quiet. She managed to grab her phone and checked the time:

5 A.M.

Sohye sighed and puts her phone back on the table when she saw a light coming from the comfort room. Sohye wondered who the person was as the door opened and the lights were . Sohye hissed from the sudden emmission and tried to focus on her vision.

"Hello? Who's-"

She felt a sudden impact and arms wrapped around her. She heard her pet name and some sobs.

"Penguin!!" Sohye gasped for it was Mina.

"*sob*...my penguin. Look at you...I'm never letting you run in the rain again!" Mina wept.

"It's you...it's really you...Mina-ya..." Sohye still couldn't believe Mina was here.

"Yeah, I'm here...I'm right here, penguin..." Mina said again and the two of them shared their hugs.

It was the best moment of their lives for they reunited in each other's arms. Sohye lets go for a moment and cried.

"I'm so sorry..."

"Penguin...oh penguin no-penguin..." Mina comforted her.

"I know I've been busy in school. I've got a problem with spending time with you. I couldn't talk to you, not alone text you even. I ended up rejecting you and I'm so sorry..." Sohye sobbed harder.

"Sohye-ya...no..." Mina reached for her and froze when Sohye moved away a bit.

"What kind of girlfriend am I for leaving you almost everyday? I shouldn't have rejected you on that day. I'm so sorry, Mina-ya." Sohye finished and Mina held her face.

"Penguin, don't you dare be sorry. I should've been more thoughtful about the reality of hell in our uni but...do you know what you did?" Mina asked and Sohye gave her a 'what?' look.

"You saved me. Why do you think I've realized it and prayed for you to be alive for almost a month? Because I believe that you will wake up. I almost got depressed and got insomnia when you haven't woken up. But I believed you will. You won't leave me. I got the accident to prove that." Mina said, crying.

"I was so worried about you when I haven't seen you frequently. I never thought I almost forgot I still have one priority: you..." Sohye said.

Mina gave her a peck on the forehead as Sohye held onto her arms.

"And when I rejected you on that day, I realized I missed my most important priority. I was also afraid that you would never look at me the way you did before. And that sedan...I couldn't let that sedan hit you. I thought then swore that nothing bad should happen to you..." Sohye huffed and Mina shushed her.

"And you saved me. Oh Penguin, you saved and you know why? Because you love me. It was the thing that I realized. You love me...you love me in your own way." Mina said.

"Yeah...I always had...and always will." Sohye chuckled, something Mina missed for a while.

Sohye hugged Mina tight. Mina hugged back, burying her head in the crook of Sohye's neck.

"Penguin, remember Chaeyeon-unnie's birthday?" Mina asked out of the blue.

"Yeah...and-I not no gift-" Sohye was stopped as Mina kissed her lips.

They broke quickly, Mina blushing wildly. Sohye's mouth went open and she blushed as well.

"Don't worry. The gift was good for the both of us." Mina winked.

The rest of the squad came inside and greeted the couple a good morning. Nayoung and Kyulkyung checked on Sohye like she was their child as Chaeyeon and Somi bugged Mina, making her blush.

"Don't cross the street when the light's red, alright? Be safe around roads." Kyulkyung said.

"So much for being an Eomma to Sohye. But you're right." Nayoung commented.

"Let's celebrate for Sohye's recovery." Chaeyeon suggested and everyone agreed.

"Also for Chaeyeon's confession towards Somi," said the Stone Buddha.

Chaeyeon hid her face and Somi blushed lightly. It had been one fun morning for the squad but for Mina and Sohye, they know that their days together will be happier.

---

The squad of six reunited at the corner pf the street. They were so excited for they will go somewhere for a Halloween party.

"Hey. We're wearing couple costumes!" Kyulkyung said happily.

"You dressed as a monk and Nayoung's the Buddha!!" Somi laughed.

Nayoung face-palmed and Kyulkyung held unto her arm. Somi and Chaeyeon were also dressed like a couple. Somi was a giraffe while Chaeyeon dressed as an acacia tree. Kyulkyung couldn't control her laughter as Nayoung gave a little chuckle.

"It was Chaeyeon's idea. I told her that we should wear something else but she suggested this." Somi said and Chaeyeon hid at her back.

"Where could Mina and Sohye be?" Kyulkyung asked, checking the time.

"Spoke too soon," said Nayoung.

Mina and Sohye were walking towards them, holding hands. Kyulkyung and Somi squealed for the cute couple, wearing cute bird-themed kigurimis.

"Sorry were late." Mina said.

"Mina here couldn't pick a kigurimi to wear," said Sohye, earning a slap on the shoulder from Mina.

"What? I wanted us to be the perfect couple for the party," said Mina.

"I know. Sorry." Sohye pouted and Mina kissed her cheek.

All of them cooed and went to a mansion next door for the party. As they got inside, they saw some of their classmates, especially Yoojung and Doyeon with a matchy costume. All of them socialized with their other friends, ate delicious food, and had a blast on the dance floor. When the party finished, the squad reunited and went home together. They were paired up in walking, with Mina and Sohye at the last of the two lines.

"Nayoung-unnie and Kyulkyung-unnie look really adorable." Sohye said to Mina.

"Somi and Chaeyeon-unnie are so cute too. I heard Chaeyeon confessed to Somi. Somi couldn't believe if at first and turned into the old Chaeyeon-unnie." Mina said back.

"The tables have turned." Sohye mumbled.

"But we're the perfect of the three." Mina said as she held Sohye's hand.

"I know." Sohye gave her a smile.

Sohye watched her unnies and dongsaeng walk ahead when she felt lips on her cheek. Sohye faced Mina to peck her forehead. Mina giggled and held Sohye close while they walked.

---

Finals were finished. As of now, Kyulkyung and Sohye were by the bulletin board, checking the result. As they saw their names, they cheered, hugging each other tight.

Sohye took a picture of their results when she felt arms around her waist and lips by her cheek. Sohye turned to be greeted by a peck in the nose.

"Penguin~♡"

"Mina-ya." Sohye smiled, kissing her forehead.

Mina checked Sohye's rank and she squealed. Sohye felt her hug getting tight as she chuckled.

"Speaking of which, let me see your rank." Sohye cooed.

Mina pouted, shaking her head. Sohye faced her, giving her a tickle. Mina laughed and nodded, pulling Sohye towards another bulletin board for the ranks of the middle high-schoolers. Sohye went to check Mina's rank and she had open. Mina lowered her head, scratching it even, to see Sohye laughing and hugged her tight.

"You are the best!! You don't know how proud I am of you." Sohye said.

"Me too, Penguin. I'm proud of you too," said Mina.

"We should celebrate!" She added.

"Let me invite the squad. Dinner's on-"

"Us." Mina interrupted her, getting a questionable look from Sohye.

"Only I can be treated by you. The both of us are treating the squad, alright?" Mina reprimanded.

"Ne." Sohye nodded.

"And we'll date tomorrow. No buts, okay?" Mina added and Sohye saluted, making Mina laugh.

Sohye laughed as Mina pulled her to a private sector. Mina showed Sohye the wonderful sunset. Sohye was in awe as she felt Mina hold her hand tenderly.

"What a year for the both of us," said Mina.

"Technically eleven months." Sohye said her wits.

"It doesn't matter. I'm just glad to be with you now." Mina said seriously.

"Me too, Mina-ya." Sohye replied.

"I love you." She added, kissing her forehead.

Mina sniffled. Sohye was quick to check on her when Mina pulled Sohye and hugged her, her head buried in the crook of Sohye's neck.

"I love you too, Penguin. I love you..." Mina whispered.

Sohye gave some time for Mina to calm down. As Mina was finally relieved, she held Sohye's arm and Sohye pulled her and they walked side by side.

"Now let's treat the squad."

"Ne."

---

"Happy Birthday, Mina~ ♡"

Mina was crying again. Sohye reached to hug her and the rest of the squad found them so cute.

"How can I at surprises?" Sohye asked them.

"You didn't, Sohye-unnie. Mina-unnie's surprised," said Somi.

"Mina's just overwhelmed," said Chaeyeon.

"Just like you and me." Kyulkyung said to a nodding Nayoung.

When Mina calmed again, they had a blast. Mina had the best birthday she could ever wish her. And with Sohye successfully surprising her? She felt like walking up to heaven.

*after the party*

The squad calmed and gathered around with their other halves. The two official couples looked at the unnie-dongsaeng couple and congratulated them.

"Finally after 1234567890 years in the friend-zone era." Nayoung joked, making her Kyulkyung laugh.

"Ne. I felt blessed for Somi. She didn't give up on me and waited." Chaeyeon said as she hugged her baby Somi.

But it went quiet as Sohye shushed them, a sleeping Mina in her arms. Nayoung and Kyulkyung found it so adorable yet Somi almost gagged out of laughter.

"She must be heavy," she mumbled.

"And sleepy," said Nayoung.

"Speaking of which, we'd like to congratulate the four of you for your ranks." Chaeyeon said to her dongsaengs.

"Especially Sohye and Mina. They're both first placers." Nayoung said and they clapped quietly.

Sohye felt flattered and scratched her head when Mina hugged fidgeted and her hug got tighter. Sohye chuckled like the rest of them.

"Thanks for the party, Sohye. Tell Mina we already left." Chaeyeon stood like the rest of them.

Sohye nodded, thanking them for coming. The four bid their goodbye to the couple, leaving them with the house to themselves. Sohye checked the time. It was already 2 A.M.

"Alright...time for bed." She mumbled as she shifted her position so that she was giving a sleeping Mina a piggyback ride.

Sohye carried her towards her bedroom, adjusting her pillows and blanket and laid her in bed.

"Sleep well." Sohye said as she patted Mina's head.

She went outside the bedroom and could only chuckle of the messy house. She was feeling tired but someone had to maintain the cleanliness of the house. She flexed her limbs, adjusted the sleeves of her shirt and started cleaning.


---

Mina woke up with a good sleep. However, her mood changed when she was distressed, looking for someone. She hastily got up and went down the living room. She huffed in relief as she saw her penguin, sleeping while holding a noisemaker. Mina laughed of the sight as she grabbed her phone and took a picture. She went closer to her and took a good look at her. Mina caresses her face, her fingers running through her hair. Sohye's eyes fidgeted as she woke up.

"Good morning..." Sohye yawned.

"Morning, penguin." Mina caressed her hair as Sohye got up.

"What have you been doing?" Mina asked.

"I've prepared the place for our New Year's Party." Sohye, showing the decorated place.

"Did you invite our other classmates?" Mina asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Nope. Just our squad...plus Doyeon and Yoojung." Sohye said.

"Hmmm...Doyeon and Yoojung can be considered. Okay! Just them and our squad," said Mina.

"Ne." Sohye saluted at her again, making her laugh.

*the New Year's Party*

The squad of six-turned-eight were having a blast. Yoojung and Doyeon got awkward at first but they got all cheerful and crazy and joined the rest, having fun.

"Yah! It's almost twelve!" Somi cheered.

"I readied the mistletoe!" Kyulkyung hung it above Nayoung and attempted to kiss her.

"This is New Year, not Christmas!" Mina stuck a tongue and Kyulyung pouted.

The rest laughed. Doyeon looked at the mistletoe as Yoojung aimed to kiss her cheek despite of her height. The others noticed it and laughed again. Doyeon heard and saw Yoojung and kissed her instead. Yoojung blushed lightly.

"Ooh...fireworks~" Somi went by the balcony to see the view.

The rest joined the maknae and came in pairs. Chaeyeon went last and tackled Somi for a hug. They also witnessed their neighbours outside anticipating another year. The four pairs of couples heard the countdown and joines in counting.

"10. 9. 8. 7. 6. 5. 4. 3. 2. 1."

And a wonderful display of fireworks wowed the people. But for the four couples, they shared each other's kisses. As they broke, they hugged their other halves tight, watching the fireworks. For Mina and Sohye, they shared their 'I love you's and embrace the new year.

---

The year began with friendship. The river of friendship flowed thoroughly as it developed into a new phase. Negative factors affected the new phase and it lead towards a pool of pessimism. But despite of that, there was reconciliation. Halves reunited, bonds reformed, and trust and companionship grew stronger. And with a new year set on foot, it can't be helped that there will still be a cycle on one of those moments.

*end*

 

 

 

That was the fourth one-shot everyone.

@nadiahapsari1: ChaeSom and NaPink granted.

@yunkaer: I made a little startup on your request with girls from Produce 101 (Eunwoo). For your request, it will be noted on the next one-shot.

Keep those suggestions coming. I'm all eyes and ears.

Stay tuned, everyone.

-asahdako