The Penguin's Fangirl

IOI Shikshins One-Shot Collection

Kang Mina, Lim Nayoung, Kim Chungha, Choi Yoojung and Kim Sejeong are the best of friends. Despite of the orangutan and orange's gap between the God, the President of Dance, and the Stone Buddha, they got along pretty well, especially on one thing...

"Shoot. Fanboys are gathering them again," said Yoojung.

"Really?" Sejeong joined with the little one as they took a peek.

"Use your Buddha Face on some of them, unnie," said Yoojung to Nayoung.

Nayoung did just that. Some fanboys ran for their lives yet some remained. But it was good news for the four girls since they can get a good look of their idols: the IOI visuals.

"Shoot." Nayoung mumbled.

"Damn." Chungha joined her.

"OMG!!" Yoojung squealed silently with Sejeong.

The IOI Visuals, as the fanboys like to call them, are a group of the most beautiful women in their university. The group composes of the following:

Jung Chaeyeon (1997)
Joo Kyulkyung (1998)
Kim Doyeon (1999)
Jeon Somi (2001)

Most of them described the women as fallen angels, banished goddesses, and the such. In general, their beauties were off the hook, sending fanboys into their oblivion of feels, even fangirls.

"Do unnie a favor and get me Kyulkyung's signature." Nayoung pleaded.

"Get me Somi's number," said Chungha.

"Can I have a close-up picture of Chaeyeon?" Sejeong pleaded.

"Me too!! A picture of Doyeon, please?" Yoojung pouted.

And Kang Mina does that. The orange just sighed. She got the burden in her own hands because she was friends with Jeon Somi, the group's center.

"Make way, dudes." Mina mumbled.

The flock wondered but as Somi saw her friend, they made a big way for Mina. Somi hugged her unnie as she lets her sit next to her.

"Everyone please leave." Chaeyeon said.

And they did. That was also their price for being pretty: domination and fame. Chaeyeon and the rest sighed in relief as they were obliged to meet Somi's friend.

"What brings you here, Mina?" Kyulkyung asked.

"It's from our fangirls...our favorites, the respectful ones." Somi said.

"You got me again," said Mina.

"Really?" Doyeon was excited as they all gathered around Mina's list.

"Hmm...let's do this..." Somi smirked as the visuals did everything on Mina's list.

Chaeyeon and Doyeon were taking close-up selcas with their phones, Kyulkyung wrote something to Nayoung as Somi sent her number to Mina.

"Mission accomplished." Somi said.

"Thank you so much." Mina bowed.

"Mina should have a picture of all of us," said Chaeyeon.

Mina was so privileged as she took a selca with the visuals. Mina thanked them, especially Somi, as she bid them goodbye. Mina went to her squad who were waiting.

"I got the dough, sisters!!" Mina yelled as the five were excited.

Sejeong and Yoojung got their selcas, Nayoung got her letter, and Chungha got Somi's number.

"Thanks a lot, Mina." Nayoung said.

All of them hugged their orange tight. Mina laughed and hugged them back. A commotion happened after that as some students gathered around a girl.

"Hm? New student?" Yoojung asked.

"Woah. She's a looker," said Chungha.

"She's so cute." Sejeong squealed.

And that's when Mina felt being dazed for the first time. Her eyes followed the girl and opened wide seeing her. The girl took a gaze at Mina and smiled then quickly went on her way.

"Yah! Kang Mina!!" Sejeong called her back to reality.

"W-What?" Mina asked as she shook her head.

"That was the first time we saw you in the branch of fangirling." Chungha mumbled.

"You don't say, unnie?" Mina asked.

Mina thought about that. But in general, she couldn't get the cute girl off of her head.

---

Mina was with her squad as they were across a table where the Visuals were at. The number of fanboys increased from time to time as Mina noticed something: the Visuals have a new member on their squad.

"Hey...isn't that the girl from yesterday?" Sejeong whispered to them.

Mina heard it well and took a good look of the unfamiliar member. She almost fell onto her seat. It was indeed the girl from yesterday.

"Wow. Just wow." Yoojung applauded.

"Let the feels rage on for ALL of us." Nayoung commented.

"Kang Mina!!" Somi called.

All heads were on the fangirling squad. The five gulped as Mina came closer.

"Take Choi Yoojung with you." Doyeon said as Yoojung flipped out in her thoughts.

Mina smirked and pulled Yoojung so that they will go together. The students had their whispers as Mina sat next to Somi. Doyeon got to hug the cute Yoojung and Yoojung froze.

"Look who attracted the model: a cute Choi Yoojung." Chaeyeon mouthed.

"I can't help it. She's so cute." Doyeon said as she pinched Yoojung's cheeks.

The fanboys decreased in number, leaving the Visuals relieved. Mina wondered why they were doing such things.

"Fans are fine but most of them are too assuming. I like your squad, Mina. They're our fangirls but they respect us as if we don't exist. I like that kind of peace," said Chaeyeon.

"What better way to drive them off than to show affection to our fangirls." Somi added.

"Yeah, especially Yoojung here." Doyeon mumbled as she hugged Yoojung.

"She's a human, Doyeon, not a stuffed toy," said Kyulkyung.

"Ah...it's fine." Yoojung said as Doyeon squealed.

The Visuals laughed as they gazed on the fangirls across their table. Mina laughed as she looked to the side to see the girl from yesterday. The girl smiled at her. Mina was intrigued of her, especially on how cute she was. The girl delivered another smile as her as Mina raised an eyebrow. The girl kept on smiling as Mina chuckled.

"Oohhh...staring contest~" Doyeon and Somi teased.

"Since our loyal fans here just saw you, why don't you introduce yourself, Penguin?" Chaeyeon suggested.

The girl nodded and sat across them. Mina was eager to listen as the girl began her introduction.

"Hi. I'm Kim Sohye. I'm 17 years old. I just transferred here yesterday. I became a part of the IOI Visuals because my beauty rate exceeded to a thousand admirers."

"She's second to me. What a record," said Somi.

"We don't mind of the ranks. Because in general, we're all goddesses," said Kyulkyung.

"Yeah..." Sohye chuckled and everyone found her so adorable.

"I'm nicknamed Penguin because I like penguins." Sohye said again.

"True! A group of fanboys dressed like penguins in honor of our Sohye-unnie. It's cute." Somi said as she showed a picture.

"It's late. We should go." Chaeyeon said as she checked the time.

"Off you go. See you tomorrow. Call me." Doyeon said to Yoojung.

"Uhh...Sohye?" Mina asked as Sohye responded with a nod.

"Can I have your number?" Mina asked again.

"Sure." Sohye said as she typed her number on Mina's phone.

Mina could facepalm herself for the sudden move but it was her chance. It turns out she became one with her squad and finally had a Visual she can stan.

"Here." Sohye smiled.

"Thank you." Mina bowed.

"See you five soon." Chaeyeon waved.

Mina and Yoojung went back to their squad. They bid goodbye to the Visuals as they went home. The fangirls remained as they squealed like madmen.

"Somebody wake me up!! This is all dream!! Tell me this is a dream!!" Yoojung flipped out as she slaps herself.

"Did you see Chaeyeon looking at me?" Sejeong points at herself.

"Somi looked at me!" Chungha said as she died in her feels.

"And Kyulkyung...she winked at me..." Nayoung said with her stoic face.

"Kim Sohye...Kim Sohye..." Mina mumbled and she became one with her squad.

They squealed and hugged each other as they embrace the reality of being noticed by their crushes. To them it felt like a dream...but to them, it was a dream come true.

---

"Break." Nayoung said to the group.

All of them sighed and finally got time to rest. Mina sighed as she grabbed her racket and decided to spar with Yoojung.

"Again?" Yoojung whined.

"Come on." Mina smiled.

Yoojung nodded as Mina served. The shuttlecock moved back and forth as both girls play at their best. Nayoung watched the maknaes as Chungha fell asleep, her head on Sejeong's backpack.

"Chungha's asleep again." Sejeong mumbled, drinking a bottle of water.

"Go, Choi Yoojung!" They heard someone cheer.

"Go, Kang Mina!" Another one cheered.

Mina smashed the shuttlecock, making Yoojung lose on their little spar. The two looked to the side to see the Visuals, applauding of their little spar.

"That was awesome!" Kyulkyung clapped.

"Aww, my Yoojung is so good!!" Doyeon was so excited as she went towards Yoojung.

"But Mina won, Doyeon." Sohye snapped.

The fangirls were squealing lightly, causing Chungha to wake up from her little nap. Somi went closer to her as she gazed at her.

"What brings you guys here?" Sejeong asked casually.

"We are to practice our dance here," said Chaeyeon and Sejeong wowed.

"We have the court to ourselves but we won't mind sharing with you," said Nayoung.

"Really? Thank you, Nayoungie~" Kyulkyung rushed and hugged the Stone Buddha.

The Stone Nayoung they knew changed her expression in less than a second. Her dongsaengs laughed at her and laughed harder when Doyeon was hugging Yoojung again.

"Alright. Let's practice!" Chaeyeon snapped.

Sejeong nudged Mina to help disassemble the net from the other court. Chaeyeon and Sohye found their actions so cute. Chaeyeon thanked the two as Sejeong got a flying kiss from Chaeyeon.

"Damn..." Sejeong smiled at her squad as she pats her chest.

Mina laughed. She went towards her squad when she felt dizzy. She shook her head a couple of times to get the pain away but she got wobbly. She felt gravity pull her down when someone held onto her. Mina looked up to see...

"S-Sohye..."

"Are you alright? Here. Let me help you." Sohye smiled, offering a hand.

Mina lets Sohye help her towards the benches where her squad was at. Sejeong went to help their little orange, thanking Sohye for helping her out.

"That's cute." Doyeon mumbled as she still hugged Yoojung.

Chaeyeon called the rest of her squad. Doyeon hugged Yoojung one last time as she lets her go. Sohye checked on Mina again and went with Doyeon to practice their dance routine. Sejeong checked on Mina this time as she saw her so shocked, her face as red as a tomato.

"Lucky you..." Sejeong cooed rather than showing concern for the little orange.

"Stop it, unnie. I'm just gonna join Chungha-unnie and Yoojung," said Mina.

Mina went to the other side where Chungha and Yoojung were. Mina saw their dazed looks as if the Grim Reaper took their souls out.

"Yah. What's with your faces?" Mina asked then yawned.

"I can't sleep anymore. Jeon Somi just took my breath away. We were this close. This close!!" Chungha said, making a motion with her fingers.

"And I can almost die in pure bliss. Doyeon got clingy to me for two days straight! I'm dying early..." Yoojung said as she slumped on the bleachers.

Mina did the same, using Yoojung's backpack as a pillow. She yawned as she began to sleep with Kim Sohye flooding her dream world.

---

The five fangirls felt like they were in heaven as the days went by. The Visuals always see them everyday and they manage to hang out with the five. Some fanboys were outraged of their bond that the popularity rate of the Visuals decreased. The Visuals didn't mind about that but their fangirls wanted to do something about that.

"We really need to do something about us being loyal and respectful fangirls," said Nayoung.

"We should have a name in this university like them in order to be at their level. That way, those dudes won't bother them anymore. Like one time, Somi almost got harrassed by a older student because of me," said Chungha.

"Even Doyeon. She hugs me everytime we see each other and some dudes were bickering at her, mainly me. I know Doyeon is being nice and I don't want to ruin her image." Yoojung said her part.

"I know!!" Sejeong had an idea as the rest were curious.

"The badminton playoffs have been the university's hardest event to beat that our university never wins. If we could win this year's playoffs, we could make a name for ourselves." Sejeong said and everyone nodded.

"Nice!!" Mina did a thumbs-up.

Nayoung, being their leader and their eldest unnie, initiated their schedules for practice and all the logistics. As they finished agreeing, it was of great timing as the Visuals greeted their vision. Mina saw Sohye wave at her and waved a little, not wanting to ruin her image and to ignore her, even.


"Nice job, orange," said Yoojung.

"We'll have to do that for now." Chungha sighed.

Mina nodded. But at the back of her mind, she already had some plans...

---

Another day came for the fangirling squad as they train at their hardest. It felt a bit off now that they stay away from the Visuals yet they pursued in winning so that they can reunite with their favorite Visual.

"That's enough." Nayoung panted.

The five of them almost slumped on the floor due to exhaustion. They went to the bleachers, drinking water and wiping their sweat off. Mina hastily went to get her phone as she got a message from someone.

-Are you free? I was hoping I could meet you.-

"What's that, Mina?" Mina closed her phone right away as she heard Yoojung.

"Ah. It's nothing. Anyways, I have to go now. I have an errand to attend to." Mina ran and waved goodbye.

---

Mina huffed her breath. She was at the park. She sat by the bench and fiddled with her fingers when a person sat next to her. She felt someone put a jacket on her and she looked up to see...

"Hey." Sohye greeted.

"Hi." Mina greeted back.

"I'm so grateful you wanted to see me." Sohye began.

"That's not a problem. Why did you want to see me again?" Mina wondered of their first little meeting.

"I wanted to take you out." Sohye said and Mina's eyes dilated.

"What a quick move..." Mina mumbled.

"I know. I want to be honest with you. Despite of the fact that Somi told me that I'm your favorite Visual..." Sohye began to explain as Mina almost gagged of the last part.

"...I observed that your friends have their own favorites, which is a blessing in disguise because my fellow Visuals also have their little mutual admiration towards their favorite fangirl, like Doyeon with Yoojung, or Somi with Chungha-unnie..."

"Even me...with you..." Sohye finished.

Was Mina hearing things? Did she even hear it right? Did the two have mutual understanding??

"Sohye...I..." Mina couldn't hold her blush as Sohye held her hand.

"I know it's too cliché and too quick but I am fond of you, Kang Mina. That is why I wanted to take you out." Sohe explained again.

"Sohye..." Mina was keeping all emotions in but she had to be honest for both of their sakes.

"...I don't want to be the cause of ruining your image and the cause of possible troubles."

"It's fine, Mina. I can take it. I mean...can't we try?" Sohye asked as they gazed in each other's eyes.

"You would defy your reputation for me?" Mina asked back.

Sohye just nodded. Mina lowered her head as Sohye waited with her. Mina was hesitant as she reached to hold Sohye's hand. Sohye held back. Mina thought about all of this. It started off with a text and ended up in this situation. Possibilities are swirling around her mind. Everything was all too quick but Mina couldn't stop her heart. She wanted to feel loved...and she wanted Sohye to do that for her.

---

The Visuals reunited in their special lair. Chaeyeon had it handled as her group didn't want to see the likes of assuming fanboys.

"Why can't those fanboys get a life?!" Kyulkyung said, pissed.

"Unnie's right. What their problem if we like our fangirls more than them?!" Somi raged like her unnie.

 "You're right. I miss Yoojung." Doyeon pouted.

"All of us miss our respectful fangirls... even I miss Kim Sejeong," said Chaeyeon.

All of them cooed. Chaeyeon sighed and blushed lightly. Chaeyeon had to admit. She really did like the ahjusshi of the fangirling squad.

"It's weird. Is it me or we're starting to develop a certain feeling towards our favorite fangirl?" Chaeyeon chuckled as the rest chuckled with her.

The rest of the Visuals chuckled. But for one of them, she was busy with another plan...

---

Sohye ran towards an isolated part in their university. She waited by the terrace, hoping that the person she wanted to see would come.

"Yoohoo~" Sohye turned around and was greeted by Mina.

"You came." Sohye smiled as Mina sat next to her.

"Yeah. I just finished my classes but I was hoping I could see you." Mina answered.

"And you did." Sohye concluded.

"So...what do you want to talk about?" Mina asked of the whole meetup again.

"Nothing much. I really want to see you. But to be completely honest, I want to know about you." Sohye answered her.

"There's nothing much to know about me. I mean...look at me..." Mina laughed it off.

Sohye couldn't help it as she looked at Mina intentively. Mina wondered of the sudden silence as Sohye raised an eyebrow.

"I am..." She uttered.

Mina shrugged it off as she and Sohye talked. From random hobbies and serious stuff to personal flashbacks and memories, they talked the whole day. Mina thought she could be this open to Sohye. She had her squad but she was open to the Visual of her dreams as if all is well. But sometimes, those good times might have to wait for another day.

"Mina...your phone's been ringing." Sohye said, hearing Mina's cute ringtone.

Mina checked her phone as she got a call from Yoojung.

"Hello?"

"Don't 'hello' me, Kang Mina! Where did God put you at this juncture?!! The practices will start in ten minutes." Yoojung ranted, almosg making Mina lose her hearing.

"Alright!! I'm coming! Jeez..." Mina ranted back and hung up.

"Sohye-ya, I'm sorry but I have to go now. I still have badminton practice." Mina added as she stood up.

"Oh okay..." Sohye nodded.

"Are you going somewhere?" Mina asked.

"I'm staying for a bit." Sohye answered.

"There's this new restaurant in town. I was wondering if...you'd like to come eat with me later..."

"Sure. Just text me where we will meet." Sohye agreed and Mina was happy.

Mina nodded sheepishly and waved goodbye to Sohye, all while going to the badminton court for their practice.

---

"Score!!"

Mina finished her four games, competing against all her teammates. And as of this time, she won against Yoojung.

"You seemed hyped!" Yoojung complimented.

"Thanks for that. Is the practice over?" Mina asked.

"Not yet. The rest of us are still not done with our games," said Nayoung, pointing at Chungha.

"Yah! I only have one game left. Come on, Yoojung." Chungha pulled Yoojung towards the court.

Yoojung just whined as she followed Chungha to the court. Mina took her break with the rest of her unnies, getting an extra shirt.

"You changing already?" Sejeong wondered of the orange's actions.

"Yeah. I'm off to somewhere important," said Mina.

"Well...you've finished your games so... okay, you can go." Sejeong said.

Mina hugged Sejeong and bidded goodbye to her team. Some of them wondered of her errand but they agreed anyway.

"See you!" Mina waved again as she exitted the court.

---

Mina rushed towards the new restaurant, her head gazing on her surroundings at any direction, looking for her. She couldn't find her yet and wondered if her YES was just all a big hoax. She ran back again only to be held onto by someone else.

"Slow down. You think I didn't fully agree to it?" Mina stopped, finding the voice so familiar.

"Sohye~" Mina had her smile as she saw her.

"Yah...did you run all the way here?" Mina felt her wipe her sweat.

Mina blushed lightly as Sohye finished wiping. She held Mina's hand as they went inside to eat.

---

The life of Kang Mina had never gone much sweeter. She had her practices with the badminton team and would see Sohye at private places almost everyday. For the both of them, it was still too risky. The Visuals still had some issues from their fanboys about their respectful fangirls and would trigger if Mina's squad hang out with them. As fangirls, they were dying to see their favorite visuals but unless they want to commit suicide of the reputation of both parties, they had to take it to a minimum. Mina talked about this to Sohye everyday on their dates. Sohye was persistent to hang out with Mina while thinking of the said consequences of their meet-ups. Mina wanted to stop it but somewhere in heart, she couldn't as she fathomed of her moment with the favorite visual.

"What?"

"Think this through, Kim Sohye. Our meet-ups are getting risky. Sejeong-unnie told me that a fanboy saw us hanging out at the mall...and that was yesterday!!" Mina explained, almost flipping out.

"And with that, Chaeyeon-unnie was insulted when Sejeong-unnie and I unexpectedly met her today!"

"Mina, please...we can't just end here and pretend that our moments together didn't happen. We'll be more cautious, okay?" Sohye said, hoping to change Mina's mind.

"I don't want to risk your squad's reputation nor my team's. We're aiming for the championship and we're not going to bathe ourselves in rumours and speculations," said Mina.

Sohye froze. Mina sighed, thinking that this was the first time their meet-up didn't turn out well.

"I'm sorry." Sohye mumbled.

"I'm sorry too...but it's best if we stop here," said Mina.

Sohye just sat. Mina got up to leave when Sohye held her arm. Mina froze again and gasped as Sohye pulled her towards the washroom. Mina wondered of Sohye's actions as she saw her locking the door.

"Sohye!! What are you-"

"I can't do this. I don't want it to end this way..." Sohye said.

"But what choice do we have? It won't technically end now. We just have to stop this temporarily...until the speculations die in the students' memories..." Mina explained back.

"Mina..." Sohye held her hands and Mina was taken aback.

"You know why I can't allow this temporary settlement? It's because I like you."

Mina gulped. She was overwhelmed of the feeling that her crush likes her but it triggered her more...to stay away for a while...

"Mina." Sohye called her.

"Sohye...I can't."

Mina pushed herself away from Sohye and ran away from the restaurant. She couldn't hold her tears as she felt the same way. But she just can't gamble their reputations.

'Sohye-ya...I like you more...but I'm so sorry to do this...'

---

The Visuals were at their lair, doing their own businesses. They have heard of Sohye's speculation and they were a bit disappointed, especially Doyeon. Chaeyeon noticed that their penguin was so down that she went to comfort her.

"Sohye...mind talking to unnie about it?"

"I'm sorry about what happened to you, unnie. We should've-no-I should've been more careful." Sohye apologized.

"It's just an insult, Sohye. I can handle ty words from the likes of those fanboys," said Chaeyeon.

Sohye nodded and continued to contemplate. It has been a week since she last met Mina and she missed their meet-ups. At the back of her mind, she wondered how Mina was doing.

*at the court*

"First loss for Mina. What a whopper." Chungha mumbled.

"Yeah...she deserved it anyway." Yoojung mumbled.

"Yah, Choi Yoojung!" Sejeong reprimanded her.

Yoojung shrugged it off and sat by the bench. Chungha went to comfort Yoojung as Sejeong was to Mina.

"Don't mind about that. Yoojung's just cranky."

"Sorry about the speculations, unnie." Mina apologized.

"It's nothing, Mina. Who knew you really liked Kim Sohye. You know..." Sejeong escorted Mina towards the benches to sit down.

"...I was like that with Chaeyeon too. One time I met with her secretly to date...and a speculation erupted the next day."

"Was it that time Doyeon and Yoojung were bickered by the fanboys at the lobby? That was your doing?" Mina asked and gasped.

"Yeah. I deeply apologized to Yoojung that we didn't talk for three days. I texted Chaeyeon to disregard the speculations but she didn't want to ruin reputations either. So we stopped meeting each other...but do you know the irony of it?"

"What?" Mina asked of Sejeong's statement.

"Chaeyeon, the person who decided to end our meet-ups, called me...and still wanted to meet me everyday." Sejeong answered, leaving Mina shocked.

"That's what Sohye said to me..." Mina mumbled.

"I would say yes but somewhere in my heart says it's not the time. I would be oogling to see Chaeyeon but somewhere in my heart says that it'll have to wait. I don't mind and Chaeyeon didn't mind either. It's for Chaeyeon's sake anyway," said Sejeong.

"Sohye wanted to continue meeting with me." Mina said.

"And you rejected her. Now let me ask you this question...are you really sure you don't want to meet her everyday?"

Mina thought about and it hit her. Sejeong patted the orange's back as she heard her sigh.

"No...I want to see her everyday. I miss our meet-ups...I miss her." Mina mumbled honestly.

"Okay. Here's the thing..." Sejeong began as Mina was eager to listen.

"...as your unnie, I relate to your situation but yours is of desperation. I have a plan to text Chaeyeon about this. And her, being the good girl she is, she always likes to help. I thought that we'll take all the speculations...for the sake that...you and Sohye can still meet each other."

Mina hugged the life out of Sejeong. Sejeong chuckled and hugged the maknae back.

"Thank you so much, unnie!!" Mina could just cry.

"Don't worry about me and Chaeyeon. We have the mutual understanding for a reason," said Sejeong.

---

Mina got a message from Sejeong that she and Sohye will meet at the terrace. Mina was eager to finish all her priorities that she did and was now at the terrace, waiting.

"You don't have to wait for long."

As Mina heard the voice and saw her, she went to her and tackled for a hug. The girl chuckled and hugged her back as they sat, watching the beautiful sunset.

"We owe Sejeong-unnie and Chaeyeon-unnie for this," said Sohye.

"Yeah..." Mina said as she leaned her head on Sohye's shoulder.

"I'm so glad to see you again. However... you got clingy."

"Well...it's about I say this: I really like you too, Kim Sohye."

Sohye felt lips on her cheek and her face turned red. She coughed a little and Mina giggled for Sohye was so cute.

"We should meet everyday." Mina suggested.

"Yeah. How about at the park tomorrow?" Sohye suggested back.

*ring*

"Okay!" Mina nodded.

"Ah...I still have a class to attend to. I guess I'll see you tomorrow," said Sohye.

"Do you really have to go?" Mina held her arm and pouted at her.

"Yeah. I'm sorry if I can't stay long...but I'll make it up to you tomorrow. I promise." Sohye said, smiling.

Mina stood up and hugged her. Sohye hugged her back then she went ahead to her next class. Mina smiled as she was relieved to finally see her today and in the days to come.

---

Mina was called by Sejeong as they were gathered by their coach for an important announcement.

"What could be the agenda for today?" Chungha wondered.

"Maybe it's about the playoffs," said Nayoung.

Their coach came in and they bowed at her. They sat down afterwards as their coach spoke:

"As I have observed, the five of you are on top of your game. If I were to put you on a certain scale, the five of you are ready to play for our badminton playoffs." Hearing this, the five cheered silently.

"However..." The coach continued as their expressions turned serious.

"...due to the rejection of our logistics and school funds, I'm afraid we won't represent the playoffs this year."

"But coach...we've practiced at our best everyday. I guarantee that we won't lose this year," said Sejeong.

"That's also one factor that the administration considered. The fact that our badminton team could never win for almost twenty years, they've given up on spending the budget for the team."

"Coach, surely we can do something about it." Mina said.

"I felt the same way when I was still a student here. I'd do anything for you five to play but with majority of the administration against it...there's nothing I can do. It has been decided."

The five had never felt so down before. Nayoung and Sejeong were comforting Chungha and Yoojung from their tears as Mina had her hands on her face. She thought it could be a chance to make a name for the sake of her Visual and her unnies' Visuals. For now, their objective had to be done in the next attempt.

---

"Are you crying? What happened? Did another speculation arise? Did anyone hurt you?"

Mina couldn't answer back on her current call. She just laid on her bed as she tries to control her tears.

"Yeah...a little..." She mumbled.

"Where do you live? I'll go there-"

"No. You don't have to. I'm fine, okay?"

 "Are you sure? Because I'm going there right now."


"No. I'm fine...please..." Mina said once more.

"Okay."

"Sohye-ya...I'm sorry." Mina apologized.

"Why would you be sorry?" Sohye asked back.

"We were supposed to play, then win, then make a name for ourselves for you and the Visuals..." Mina mumbled.

"Mina-ya...it's okay. That doesn't matter to us. We will always love our respectful fangirls no matter what..." Sohye said.

"Really?" Mina sniffled yet she maintained her smile.

"Really." Sohye answered with a little chuckle.

"Thank you for this call, Sohye-ya. I might've disturbed you." Mina apologized again.

"You didn't. Don't worry about it," said Sohye.

"Okay. I'll see you tomorrow." Mina said.

"Okay." Sohye sad back.

"Bye." Mina uttered and hung up.

Mina puts her phone on her bedside table and placed her hands on her chest. She never felt anything like it before. Recently, she felt happier and now that she's turning in early, the Visual of her dreams filled her own dreams.

---

The fangirls may not be able to play for their playoffs but with an additional problem at their wake, things couldn't get much sweeter.

"What happened to you, unnie?!!" Yoojung flipped out.

Nayoung was being interrogated of her current state: she had a big bruise on the right side of her jaw. Not only that, she was crying a little.

"I protected Kyulkyung against a male student. The piece of was bickering her. I saw her and I couldn't let that hurt her," said Nayoung.

The rest went with her to the clinic to mend her bruise. While they were concerned about their Stone Buddha, they were still missing one person...

---

Mina and Sohye were walking together towards school. They were talking and laughing at each other but as they were close to the entrance, Sohye signed at her and went ahead. Mina sighed as she got a text from Sejeong.

-Nayoung-unnie's injured and we're at the clinic. You need to come here now.-

Mina was shocked. She ran towards the clinic and met her squad. She saw Nayoung with a patch on her, giving her the stoic face.

"Unnie!"

"I'm fine, Mina. We should take this discussion at the court."

*at the court*

"*sigh*...mind me for what I did. Now our reputations and the Visuals' are depleting like hell."

Sejeong pulled Mina towards a private sector in the court. Mina wondered of her unnie's actions as Sejeong asked:

"Did anyone see you and Sohye walk together?"

"How did you know that, unnie?" Mina gasped.

"Chaeyeon saw you two. I'm saying this because I don't want a big speculation like Nayoung-unnie's. It might happen to you if you get caught."

"Alright, unnie. I'll be more cautious next time."

---

The wave of speculations didn't end there. Everyday, a member of the fangirls squad gets 'it' due to protecting their favorite Visuals...except for Mina, of course.

"How to be you, Kang Mina?" Yoojung had to joke around.

Mina may not have experienced such a drastic situation but she was pressured. She could look in utter pity as her squad felt down of their current states, both physically and mentally.

"Mina...is there something you'd like to say to us?" Chungha said to her.

Mina gulped. She looked at her squad, especially to Sejeong. Sejeong gave a little nod, signalling Mina to finally confess everything.

"I meet up with Kim Sohye privately."

"What?! You and the cute Visual hanging out?" Yoojung flipped out.

"How long have you been hanging out?" Nayoung asked.

"We've been hanging out for almost two months...and I'm meeting her again today after class." Mina mumbled.

"Why didn't you tell us this-"

"She shouldn't have told you but with our current status, you had to know." Sejeong interrupted Chungha.

"You knew about this too?!" Chungha flipped out at Sejeong.

"Yeah. Chaeyeon and I agreed to help the two. I think the Visuals know about this too," said Sejeong.

"Seriously, why did you hide it from us?!" Chungha was as disappointed as the rest.

"I just want Mina to be happy and be away from all the speculations! I promised her that!" Sejeong defended.

 "And you think you're helping the situation we are in?! We were supposed to do this together for the Visuals. I guess all you guys think are yourselves!!" Chungha ranted.


"Enough!" Nayoung reprimanded the both of them.

"Bull!" Chungha cursed and went outside.

Yoojung went to comfort her unnie. Mina lowered her head as Sejeong gripped onto her hand.

"It's not your fault. Remember what I told you. I'll take it in for you. It's my fault, okay? You don't have to say sorry to me, even to Chungha. I'll take care of everything."

Mina tackled Sejeong for a hug as she sobbed. Sejeong shushed the little orange as Nayoung, who was on no one's side, went out on her own.

---

In the Visuals' lair, Sohye was about to get a piece of Doyeon when Chaeyeon told her not to.

"How can I not give her a piece of me?! She's almost this close to ruining our reputations and our loyal fangirls'." Doyeon ranted as Kyulkyung comforted her.

"It's no one's fault, not even our fangirls. The speculations fell out of place and all of us aren't at fault." Chaeyeon said.

"You're taking her side, unnie?! Really?!" Doyeon was flipping out.

Doyeon sighed and went one the farthest corner of the room to relief herself. Kyulkyung went to her as Sohye could only sigh. Chaeyeon went to comfort the penguin but she broke into tears. Chaeyeon and the rest never saw this side of Sohye before. The cute penguin who always had happiness plastered onto her whole being, was broken in seconds.

"Sohye-ya..." Chaeyeon hugged the little penguin tight.

Sohye shivered and wept in Chaeyeon's embrace. The others could only stay silent as Sohye's cries filled the whole lair.

---

-Meet me at the convenience store. I hope I see you there. :*-

Sohye sighed as she got a text from Mina. And for the very first time, she wasn't giddy and not in the mood to meet her.

"Go." She heard Chaeyeon.

"Unnie...I'm not in the mood right now. She can't see a broken me." Sohye said.

"But look at the message she sent you. She even added a kiss emoticon. She really wants to see you, Sohye-ya," said Chaeyeon.

"But unnie...the speculations-"

"I'll handle it, remember? It's fine. Go meet her."

Sohye thought about it for a while. She stood as she and Chaeyeon shared their hugs. Sohye got her bag and ran outside.

---

Mina was sitting and waited by the tables as she fiddled her fingers. She felt a presence and looked up. She was happy as she saw Sohye.

"Hey~" Mina went closer to her and hugged her.

Mina noticed Sohye didn't hug back. She broke form the hug and checked on Sohye. She saw her so down.

"Hey...are you okay?" Mina asked, holding her hand.

"Mina...can I talk to you somewhere private?" Sohye asked.

Mina nodded hastily as she and Sohye went to the park instead. They found a nice bench to sit on as they sit next to each other. Mina waited for Sohye to say something until they gazed at each other. Mina's eyes dilated as she saw Sohye's tears. Mina hugged her tight and asked her what's wrong.

"I'm so sorry. I just can't let Chaeyeon-unnie take the speculations for us..."

Hearing it sent a pain in Mina's heart. She was reminded how fragile it was to keep their little secret to her squad as they felt disappointed about it. She continued to hug Sohye as she almost tears up.

"Me too. Sejeong-unnie is helping me to see you." Mina mumbled.

They broke from their hugs and gazed at each other's eyes. They wiped each other's tears away as Mina held Sohye's face.

"How can I end this for the second time? I will miss you. I can't stop because I love spending time with you..."

"Me too." Sohye replied.

"And I...I..." Mina stuttered.

"You don't have to say anything. I feel something between us, something crazy yet special..." Sohye smiled at her.

"Sohye..."

"We both already said it from the beginning. And let me say it again: I like you. I do. I really do."

Mina's heart grew wings as her admiration towards her favorite Visual grew into something special. Mina held Sohye's face and inched closer...when she stopped.

"Sorry..." Mina lets go but Sohye held her hand.

"It's okay. We don't have to rush things. I'll wait..." Sohye continued to smile and held her hands instead.

Mina nodded and hugged Sohye. Sohye hugged back as memories flooded onto her mind. Speculations may arise from time to time but they had to be strong for each other. It might take time to settle all amends but they keep in mind that all is well in the end.

---

In the court, the fangirls were in an argument that resulted to a little fight, mostly Sejeong and Chungha. Nayoung and Yoojung try to stop them when Mina came.

"Guys!!" Mina panicked and rushed towards them.

"Guys stop!! What the hell's going on??" Mina yelled as all of them froze.

Chungha shrugged and crossed her arms. Sejeong sighed and said:

"Sorry, Mina. Your unnies weren't agreeing and ended up fighting. Unnie's sorry."

"It was just a misunderstanding. Just shrug it off." Chungha muttered.

"You texted us to gather here. What's the big news now, Mina?" Yoojung asked.

Mina sighed, feeling the disappointment of mostly all of them. She knew she'd be wasting their time again but she had to settle things.

"I called you here to tell you guys that I'm sorry..." Mina began as everyone, except Sejeong, were crossing their arms.

"I knew it was risky to meet up with Sohye and that it could grow rumours and speculations but I never should've done that. It was also unfair of me to do so, knowing that my friends also had to sacrifice to be away from their favorite Visuals and me being a hypocrite to such actions. I let you guys down and I'm really sorry..." Mina's tears fell.

"Sejeong-unnie, you gave me my happiness for a couple of months and sacrificed your wish to be with Chaeyeon-unnie just to let me be with Sohye. Thank you so much and I'm so sorry..." Mina sniffled and Sejeong cried too.

"Nayoung-unnie, Chungha-unnie, and Yoojung-ya, I'm so sorry for being so selfish and unfair and for not considering your sacrifices together for the Visuals and for us..." Mina knelt in front of them and the three were taken aback.

Sejeong went to hoist Mina up and hugged her. Mina hugged Sejeong back and they cried together. The three were also teary, the heavy burden of forgiveness making its way towards their hearts as it enlightened their consciences. Sejeong went to the and bowed at them.

"I also apologize for my actions. I know this apology won't fix everything in the past but I hope this could be a start of reconcilation on our squad."

Yoojung went to her and hoisted her up. Sejeong felt the little vitamin hug her.

"I'm sorry for not being able to see it. I forgive you both." Yoojung said, crying.

Nayoung went to the group and hugged the three of them, finally forgiving them. Chungha huffed and still held a bit of disappointment towards Sejeong and Mina. Nayoung sighed and went to her and talked to her. For Sejeong and Mina, they were a bit relieved and were intiating some plans of their own.

---

The Visuals also faced the same thing. Three of them were disappointed at Sohye for her little scheme, even at their leader. Chaeyeon and Sohye apologized and Kyulkyung and Somi had the hearts to forgive her...except for Doyeon. Kyulkyung and Chaeyeon went to talk to her as Somi and Sohye stayed put.

"Let her see Yoojung." Somi whispered to Sohye.

"You read my mind." Sohye whispered back.

---

Sejeong and Chaeyeon, together with Mina and Sohye, planned something special for their friends. They were at Sejeong's special lair just at the bottom of their house.

"Woah." Chaeyeon was impressed of the motif.

"Having a big basement filled with little stuff is just plain and wrong logic. So I told my parents thay I need a bigger secluded room. I got the basement and turned it into the world of GodSejeong." Sejeong said.

Chaeyeon giggled of her humour as the maknaes laughed. They sat down on both couches, the Visuals sitting next to their fangirl-slash-girlfriends.

"You two are official?!" Sohye and Mina asked.

"Yeah...it's been a while since we saw each other." Chaeyeon answered, leaning onto Sejeong.

"Also for you two." Sejeong teased.

Mina and Sohye blushed lightly. Mina smiled again and held Sohye's arm. The unnies found them so cute.

"Well, Sohye here has a different approach in courting. It's one cute way, really..." Chaeyeon said

"Unnie!" Sohye whined as they all found her so adorable.

"Did you text them?" Chaeyeon asked the maknaes.

"Yeah. Dodaeng will be sailing in a matter of minutes," said Sohye.

"Even NaPink and what I like to call the 'North American' couple." Sejeong added.

"Now that's settled. We should go." Sohye got and held Mina's hand.

"Sohye's right, unnie. We want to give you your couple time. We'll also have ours." Mina added.

"Okay. Be careful," said Sejeong.

"And take care of your girl, Sohye," said Chaeyeon.

---

Mina and Sohye were playing tag, running around like little children in the streets of Seoul. They got to the park and Sohye managed to catch Mina, her arms wrapping around her.

"That's cute." Mina and Sohye looked up to see...

"Yoo Yeonjung..." Sohye muttered.

Sohye lets go and had a serious look on her face. Mina grew worried and held Sohye's hand.

"Look what the Visual dragged herself into." Yeonjung smirked and went closer to them.

"Shut the up, Yoo Yeonjung." Sohye uttered.

"Why, Penguin...you don't sound happy to see me..."

"The last time I did you tried to strangle me." Sohye said as Mina hid on her back.

"I had to after I knew that my ex already found someone new." Yeonjung glared at Mina.

"That's enough, Yeonjung!! We're through and don't bother me anymore!!!" Sohye yelled.

"You want to? Come and get me, my sweet Penguin." Yeonjung said, giving Sohye a flying kiss.

Yeonjung left them and Sohye looked so pissed. She was about to storm towards Yeonjung when Mina stopped her. Sohye faced Mina and felt ashamed.

"Mina...I can explain-"

"Shh..." Mina puts a finger in front of Sohye's lips.

"Don't worry. I'm pissed at her, not you. However, you have to explain to me of everything." Mina added.

"Okay." Sohye nodded.

"Spend time with me at my house~" Mina cheered.

"Sure."

---

Mina and Sohye got to Mina's house. Her parents were so obliged to meet Sohye and the both of them went straight to Mina's room. Mina locked the door and Sohye froze.

"Yah...why did you lock the door?" She asked.

"So that Eomma and Appa won't disturb us." Mina smirked.

Sohye watched as Mina went to her seductively. Mina grabbed Sohye and pushed her on her bed. Sohye got up hastily as Mina took off her tie and socks and pounced at Sohye.

"Hey!!" Sohye mouthed silently.

Mina pinned Sohye to where she should be and cupped her face. Sohye blushed hard as Mina inched closer. She closed her eyes tight and lets out a big laugh.

"Tickle tickle tickle~~"

Sohye laughed hard as Mina tickled her. Sohye tickled Mina back and both cuties were like fish out of water, squirming on the bed laughing like madmen until they exhausted themselves.

"That's what you get of your little secret. Now explain yourself." Mina said.

"Alright. Yeonjung was my ex. When I transferred to our uni, I was shocked that she transferred there too. Ever since that day, she threatens me, even stalks me. What a weirdo." Sohye muttered.

"So...you have two fangirls? Aish, that girl!!!" Mina was pissed.

"And..." Sohye grew serious and held Mina's hand.

"And?" Mina listened as she saw Sohye getting serious.

"She was the mastermind that the fanboy saw us at the mall. I got the info from another fanboy that Somi found out." Sohye answered.

"I'm gonna give her a piece of me when I see her!" Mina pouted, holding a fist.

"Easy." Sohye pats her head.

Mina pouted at Sohye and Sohye almost cursed, finding Mina so cute. But then her looked of admiration turned into a sad one.

"What's wrong?" Mina held her hands.

"I'm sorry for all that had happened. The speculations...Yeonjung...and-"

Sohye froze as she felt lips at her cheek, the little kiss almost close to her own lips. Sohye felt Mina break from the little moment as she continued to freeze. Mina smiled and hugged Sohye, her head close to her chest.

"It doesn't matter. What matters now is us."

 "Mina..."


"It's been almost three months since we hang out. I don't want this relationship to be just a mutual understanding. I want us to go further...something more than what we are now..."

Sohye gulped. She remembered the said speculations again. She didn't want Mina or any of their closest friends to get in trouble in which she had to maintain the mutual understandings for the sake of their images. But as much as she wanted an assurance of their relationship, she never wanted to picture out a disappointed Mina, not alone a day being ignored by her.

"Mina...are you sure about this? I don't want you to regret being with me." Sohye said to her.

"You turned into the likes of me now." Mina uttered and Sohye nodded while chuckling.

"But I know now. I felt all the risky things you did for me. I never thought I could be so happy when I break such boundaries. I felt happy when I'm with you..."

"I feel like I'm with my angel in a heaven that I wanted to have..." Mina looked at Sohye as her arms were still wrapped around Sohye's waist.

"You defied your reputation for me. It's about time I do the same." Mina added.

Sohye chuckled and hugged her. Mina giggled and Sohye thought about what she would say.

"Mina...will you be the cutie to this penguin?"

Mina laughed of it. Sohye blushed lightly and felt like an idiot of her words. But she froze again when she heard Mina's approval.

"Yes. Of course I'll be your cutie."

---

Things may not have cut out for them in the beginning but they never thought things could go really well. The fangirls may not be able to play but they tried different aspects. Sejeong auditioned for their Glee Club, Nayoung was called to be the next model for their uni's promotional flyer, Yoojung became a photographer for their school paper, and Chungha and Mina joined the dance troupe. They made a name for themselves at the start, gaining respect from the fanboys. And the best part was they were free to stan their favorite Visuals again.

"Well...I never thought I could try singing again," said Sejeong.

"Even us dancing," said Chungha.

"I'd be joining you guys but, meh..." Yoojung shrugged.

"The head called me and wanted me to be in the Visuals," said Nayoung and her squad wowed.

"But I declined. I love being Kyulkyung's number one fan. And besides...I love you guys." Nayoung added and all of them cooed.

"Yah, Mina." Sejeong called and Mina responded.

"Do you know Yoo Yeonjung?" Hearing the name, Mina's eyes dilated.

"Why?" Mina asked.

"She's with me in the Glee Club and...she sent this for you." Sejeong said as she handed out a letter.

Mina didn't want anything to do with Yeonjung, let alone hear her name. Mina grabbed the letter and read it. She froze.

"Mina? Are you okay?" Yoojung noticed the orange freeze.

Mina shrugged it off, not wanting her friends to worry. She read it again and she almost gritted her teeth in anger.

-If you get this, I hope I make myself clear. Get your hands off of my property, Kang Mina. Sohye's mine.-

Mina crumpled the letter, leaving her squad speechless.

"What did it say?" Yoojung wondered of the letter.

"It's something insulting." Mina mumbled.

"Seriously. By the looks of you, I think I should watch out for this Yoo Yeonjung girl." Sejeong said.

"You should, unnie," said Mina.

---

Sohye and Mina called each other while studying. Mina brought the topic of the letter and Sohye's voice erupted that Mina grabs her phone away from her ear.

"What the-how can she be so hard-headed and jealous?! I already told her we're through!! Jeez..."

"Calm down, my penguin. I almost flipped out a while ago, you know..." Mina mumbled.

"*sigh*...alright." Sohye groaned.

"Did you eat already?" Mina asked.

"Yeah. You?"

"Yeah. I'm tired, though..."

"You should rest. It's the weekends tomorrow and I was planning on another date. You can talk to me of everything tomorrow."

"Really? Okay~" Mina felt giddy and Sohye chuckled on the other line.

"Get some sleep." Sohye instructed.

"Yes, my penguin." Mina nodded and laid on her bed.

"Goodnight." Sohye said."Goodnight." Mina answered.


Mina's eyes werw getting droopy yet she never hung up.

"Mina-ya...you can hang up now..." Sohye uttered.

"I don't want to. I want to hear your voice." Mina mumbled.

"Go to sleep, now...okay?" Sohye said again.

"Penguin~" Mina whined.

"I'll do it, then-"

"No~~" Mina whined again.

Sohye sighed as Mina continued to deliver her whines. But that didn't last long as Mina felt so tired. She said goodnight to Sohye again and finally hung up. Before she could drift off to her dreamland, she sighed, a hand on her chest. She lets out a little giggle then turned in for the night.

---

Mina was pacing back and forth, anticipation building up her whole being. She was so excited for their date that she couldn't stay put. She even thought about what she was going to say and what they would do today. She was lost in her thoughts when she almost bumped into someone.

"Are you okay, my cutie?" Mina looked up to finally see her penguin.

"Hehe...I'm just excited...so much for our greetings." Mina chuckled and Sohye did the same.

"So...where are we going today?" Mina asked as she held Sohye's arm.

"You'll know." Sohye winked.

Mina almost blushed due to that wink yet she managed to follow Sohye all day. They went to eat, saw sights, played at the arcades, and talked serious stuff as they went to the Han River.

"Yeonjung and I were puppets of a ty love story and it died along the way. She was very opposite to my nature. I understood that but she never wanted me to speak out of my opinions. She wants the limelight for herself."

"How did you break up?" Mina asked.

"I became a top student and was placed in the star section. Yeonjung felt disappointed at that time, saying that she wanted to be with me. Another thing was that she told me to decline it so that we could be together. But I couldn't take it anymore. It was about time we stopped our relationship. The break-up triggered her and in the end, it destroyed her. The cheerful Yoo Yeonjung turned into a sadist."

"Wow...I never thought she was like that." Mina mumbled as they were walking down to get close to the river.

"Yeah...and when she transferred at our uni, it hit me. When she saw us, I prepared for the worst. Because I can't forgive myself if she will do all means to hurt you." Sohye mumbled.

"But you can't worry. We have our unnies to back us up on this...you have me..." Mina said, her hands cupping Sohye's face.

Sohye lowered her face yet Mina held it close to her and they shared their first kiss. Sohye gulped. This was too risky and somebody might see them...and she spoke too soon...

*CLICK*

The both of them heard it. Sohye saw a fanboy with a camera and went after him. But she froze as she saw two more with Yeonjung. Mina caught up and froze of seeing her.

"You ignored my warning, Kang Mina." Yeonjung gritted her teeth in anger.

"Stop being so assuming, Yeonjung. I told you before that we're through." Sohye said again.

"We're not through, Sohye! You're mine and only mine!! If I can't have you now then no one else will!!" Yeonjung yelled.

"You're crazy..." Sohye backed away as she protected Mina.

"I'm crazy...I'm crazy in love with you!! Why can't we just be together again?!" Yeonjung ranted as she moved forward.

"I never took all of it for granted, Yeonjung but your selfishness has gone far enough. If you're saying now that you love me, what happened to those days when we were together? You never let me do anything, you're rude to me, and you even have to do all this just to get me back? How can I come back to a sadist like you?" Sohye's words hit Yeonjung in her senses.

"And besides...I found someone who loved me as much as I have. Mina gave me something you can never give me. She gave me that love, Yeonjung. I'm sorry...but we can't be together again. Move on. It's time to put all this behind us." Sohye finished.

"I'll never let it go!!" Yeonjung yelled again and the two fanboys went closer to the couple.

"This is for you, Sohye...my love."

The fanboys ran after the two. Mina and Sohye ran for their lives.Sohye grabbed Mina and the ran faster. Sohye looked back as the fanboys were away from their sight. They ran again as Mina pulled her to a hiding place. Sohye and Mina hid and went quiet as the fanboys caught up. They continued to stay quiet as the fanboys ran to search elsewhere. Mina gazed at Sohye who was thinking deeply.


"Call Sejeong-unnie. Tell her to meet you at your place. Tell her to bring your squad and mine." Sohye instructed.

Mina nodded. She muted her phone and made the call. As the phone rang, Mina felt something off of Sohye's instruction.

"Wait a minute-'you'?! You're not coming with me?!"

"You need to escape. I'll distract them while you need to get out of here and meet them."

"No...not without you..." Mina shook her head as she was in the brink of crying.

"I'll meet you there afterwards. Please... you have to escape." Sohye pleaded.

"No~! I'm not going anywhere without you and that's final!" Mina held Sohye's arms tight, not wanting her to go.

"Get out of here, Mina. I'll break up with you if you don't." Sohye said harshly.

"You wouldn't?" Mina snickered.

"I will, Mina. Trust me on this..." Sohye pleaded one more time.

Mina was forced to do it and nodded. Sohye pecked her forehead but before she could really go, Mina pulled her for a kiss on the lips.

"Come back on one piece or else I'll kick your !"

Sohye chuckled and nodded. She went out and yelled. Mina saw Sohye being chased by the fanboys as she crept out, tiptoed towards the corner, and ran while she answered Sejeong.

---

The sun was setting. Mina was with her squad and the rest of the Visuals. Mina shared everything. Some of them grew restless, even Somi had to blame Mina for Sohye. Mina, Sejeong, and Chaeyeon were waiting outside for Sohye. All of them grew worried for the penguin, especially Mina. From a distance, they finally saw Sohye. Mina noticed something strange.

"Penguin...Penguin! Unnie, get the first-aid kit!" Mina called as Sejeong went to get it.

Sohye walked slowly and she was panting. Mina and Chaeyeon went to her as Mina hugged her tight.

"Penguin...what happened?"

"Sohye-ya, tell unnie what happened." Chaeyeon checked as Sohye panted harder.

"Yeonjung...the photo-" Sohye mumbled and fainted.

Mina panicked as she nudged Sohye to get up. Chaeyeon panicked with Sejeong as they rushed to get her up.

"Photo? What photo?" Sejeong was confused.

"Your fellow member in the Glee Club is the villian to our little story. She was the mastermind of everything. She was the cause of all those speculations. Mina shared it to us. That got one of our fanboys and took a picture of Sohye and Mina of their first kiss." Chaeyeon mumbled in anger.

"." Sejeong cursed.

"Don't worry, Mina, Sohye...we're here for you..." Chaeyeon said as Sejeong carried Sohye on her back.

Mina teared up as she held Sohye's hand. All of them gasped as they saw Sohye. The Visuals grew worried for their penguin as Chaeyeon checked on her condition. She gasped, seeing a big bruise on Sohye's shoulder. Sejeong could clench a fist or two as Mina held Sohye's hand and gritted her teeth in anger.

"That ..." Sejeong mumbled.

"If she shares that photo in our uni, we're done for..." Chaeyeon mumbled too.

A groan was heard. Sohye woken up from her state. All of them gathered around her as Mina quickly hugged her penguin.

"Penguin~" All of them called.

"What happened...?" Sohye asked as she scratched her head.

"You fainted. Now it's our turn to ask the same question. What happened? How did you hurt yourself?" Somi asked.

Sohye held her forehead and it hit her. She got up hastily but she fell down, the injuries on her body stopping her from going anywhere.

"The only thing I recalled was I was chased by those idiots. Yeonjung had the picture on her phone and I ended up crushing it. She had gone rancid that she let those idiots beat me up. I fought back and escaped. I thought I was going to die." Sohye said.

Mina hugged Sohye again. Chaeyeon and Sejeong told them that they should give them some space.Some of them, especially Somi, didn't want to. But due to their unnies' pleas, they agreed. Mina broke from the hug and looked at Sohye.


"*sigh*...look at you..." Mina gave her worries look as she cupped Sohye's face.

"I'm sorry if I broke my promise of coming back in one piece. I came back like a beaten mannequin," said Sohye.

"Why...?" Mina asked her.

"To get the evidence off of her grasp...to protect all our reputations and to protect you..." Sohye answered.

Mina inched closer and kissed her forehead. She looked at Sohye again and caressed her face.

"Thank you...but don't get yourself hurt again." Mina pouted.

Sohye nodded and hugged Mina tight. Mina almost lost herself of Sohye's state but she was relieved the unusual event was settled. She was happy now. She was still with her penguin and she thought of their hidden love and their hidden moments together.

---

Bickering filled the whole university as a group of girls passed by. The group had perplexed looks of their faces, some assured yet some were filled with denial. They were called by the head as they were told to come to their office for something.

*at the office*

Ten girls were lined up as the head paced back and forth, her eyes peer to each of them. Chaeyeon and Sejeong had looks of denial, the rest confused, Mina with a scared one as Sohye almost huffed her breath in frustration.

"Are all of you wondering why I called you here?" The head began as they all nod their heads.

The head handed out the school paper. Nayoung read the headlines and she gasped. The rest took their chance to read, with Sohye giving an angry look.

"Visual and assumed badminton player in a relationship." The head read.

"There's more. Visuals with their alleged fangirls." The head flipped more pages in the school paper.

All of them gulped as their little secrets were revealed. Nayoung and Kyulkyung with their date at the mall, Chaeyeon and Sejeong with their speculation contraversy, Somi and Chungha alleged of ia and homouality, and Dodaeng with a humouristic yet personal taboo.

"The ten of you are messing this university's reputation and of your own. Lucky for you ten the news only spreads here. No one will share any of this outside the premises. But due to all these speculations, I have no choice but to suspend you all."

"May I ask, ma'am. Did Yoo Yeonjung spread this?" Sohye batted.

"The person responsible of this act won't be revealed." The head answered.

Sohye got angry and stormed outside the office. Mina wanted to comfort her but Sejeong held her arm, telling her not to follow.

"I expected much from all of you. I never thought you had this secret hidden pretty well." The head uttered.

"We don't deny anything, ma'am. It was my mistake-"

"It's ours, ma'am. Apologies aren't efficient to replenish our dirty secret. We accept the punishment...but not to my group." Chaeyeon interrupted Sejeong.

"Mine too, ma'am." Sejeong said.

"I cannot consider that. Whether you like it or not, you will ALL take the punishment. It's a three-month suspension for all of you."

They didn't want to fight back so they nodded. They bowed at the head and went outside. Endless bickering greeted them once more. Somi and Yoojung almost slapped all girls, Kyulkyung and Doyeon lowered their heads in shame, Chaeyeon and Sejeong remained strong as Nayoung and Chungha were in the brink of crying. But Mina? She was searching for Sohye. Some students shifted to another scene as the nine of them went to the scene. Somi and Yoojung fought with the students to make way. Mina was in front as she saw Sohye confronting Yeonjung.

"Penguin-"

"Shut the up." Sohye said coldly.

Some wooed of Sohye's bad side while others shivered. Mina gulped as they could only watch Sohye.

"Come on, Penguin. I'm sorry, okay?"

"Stop playing games with me! Tell me how did you leak that ing picture!!!" Sohye clenched her fist and almost slapped her.

"You think a broken phone will solve everything?! I had it fixed and still got the picture. And I had to add some touches from your unnies."

"Give me one reason why I shouldn't rip you apart!" Sohye moved forward.


"Now, now, Penguin. I had to do what I had to do. I had to ruin some people, eapecially that Kang Mina-"

*SLAP*

Everyone went silent. The Visuals and the fangirls gasped of Sohye's angry nature. Mina covered as tears fell from her eyes. Yeonjung gulped as she had a hand on her face.

"Don't you even mention anything bad about Mina! You have no right, Yoo Yeonjung! I tried to tell you nicely that we're through, thinking that you'd understand. But you had to come back and ruin everything!!" Sohye yelled.

"Sohye-"

"Stop all of this, Yeonjung. Just stop!" Sohye said one more time.

"No...not until you're back to me." Yeonjung mumbled again.

Sohye sighed and walked away. Yeonjung ran to Sohye again when Sohye faced her in a swift motion.

"You're staying put!!" Sohye yelled again.

Yeonjung froze and Sohye left. The students diminished in number as the Visuals and fangirls remained.

"Unnie...I'm off to see Sohye." Mina asked Sejeong.

"Now's not the time. Let her calm down," said Sejeong.

Mina pouted but she nodded. The rain poured and Yeonjung saw Mina. She was enraged but stopped as Sejeong protected her. Yeonjung snickered and left the scene.

"So much for drama." Somi muttered.

"I'm so sorry, everyone." Chaeyeon apologized.

"I'm sorry too." Sejeong said.

"Everything was my fault. I'm sorry." Mina bowed at everyone.

Yoojung sighed and hoisted Mina up. She held her other hand and she held Doyeon's with the other. All of them held hands as if they were forming a circle.

"All of us are at fault and all of us are facing this suspension together. Actually, we have Mina to thank with." Nayoung began.

"If it wasn't for you, we wouldn't thought of our little dream of being the other half to the Visual of our dreams. Thank you, Kang Mina, for giving us that reality," said Sejeong.

Mina was crying as they all give her a group hug. They never thought that the thing they fear the most turned into a wonderful opportunity to be with the person of their dreams. The little punishment may be a hindrance to their serious life but it gave light to their hearts. It gave them happiness and a new phase of their friendship.

---

"Penguin~"

Sohye opened her eyes and saw the girl of her dreams. She chuckled as she felt her kiss her forehead.

"Did I sleep too much?" Sohye asked.

"No. It's fine," said Mina.

It was a sunny day. The squad of ten were having a picnic. Nayoung and Kyulkyung were saying cheesy lines to each other, Doyeon and Chungha watching their vitamin girlfriends of their little game of tag, and Sejeong and Chaeyeon were showering each other with smooches.

"You need to sleep. We practiced for almost three months because of our unit." Mina said.

"Thankfully we won for the fourth time every year in the Produce101 Tournament and earned respect, getting fans inside and outside the campus," said Sohye.

"True." Mina said as she lays next to Sohye.

They watch the clouds and made fun of their shapes. Sohye was laughing and also pointed to one cloud which caught her eye.

"Ooohh...a penguin~"

*chu*

"Just like you." Mina said and they smile at each other.

"I remember that one time a group of fans dressed as penguins. But I wonder of them carrying an orange lighter..." Sohye mumbled.

"It's our ship, silly. We're a couple for a reason, remember?" Mina reminded her.

"Oh yeah..." Sohye nodded.

"And besides...I requested it. Because it's a reminder that even I don't dress like a penguin, I always belong to that fandom." Mina said as she pecked Sohye's nose.

"Me too. Now you don't have to wonder why I'm starting to like oranges." Sohye said and Mina laughed.

"I belong to your fandom because I'm your no.1 fan." Mina added and kissed Sohye.

"I love you."

"I love you too." Sohye responded.

Yes. That's right. Mina is Sohye's #1 fan and Mina will always be the penguin's fangirl...

 

 

 

This is the ninth, everyone. Sorry for the delayed update. I'm still having my exams so I can't have a quick update.

@rhk7130: ChaeJeong ship granted.

@hccc49: Yours might take a while since I have to make another plot but it will be in the next.

Keep those suggestions coming.