Chocolate Pudding

IOI Shikshins One-Shot Collection

A woman in her mid-20s was pulling her 5-year old daughter to school. The little girl, who was admired by other moms and children for her crescent smiles, was whining and resisting her mother's pulls.

"Now, now, Kim Mina. Be a good girl for Mommy." Sejeong pleaded.

"Andwae!! I want my chocolate pudding~" A cute Mina whined.

"Appa Nayoung said no more pudding after breakfast, remember? You'll get tummy trouble for that," said Sejeong, carrying her daughter.

Mina whined again. Some moms were looking at them that one caught their attention and went to them.

"Sejeong-ah!"

"Chungha~" Sejeong greeted her friend.

"Parenthood too hard for you?" Chungha asked.

"Nah~ my Mina here's fine to take care of-" Sejeong stopped when Mina whined again.

"Eomma!! My chocolate pudding~~"

"Haha...why don't you just give her some pudding, Sejeong?" Chungha chuckled.

"Nayoung's going to kill me. Mina gets stomachaches if she eats pudding after breakfast." Sejeong said.

"And where would Mina get that attitude, huh?" Chungha raised an eyebrow.

"Nayoung isn't like that." Sejeong said, carrying Mina again.

"Newsflash! She's the feisty 'man' in your family, especially in bed-"

"Sh! Not in front of the kid!" Sejeong interrupted and Mina pouted.

"Sorry. Hello, Mina-ya~" Chungha greeted the child.

"Hello, Aunt Chungha~" She greeted back, completely forgetting her whining for pudding.

"What brings you here, Chungha?" Sejeong finally asked of her errand.

"The other Nayoung and I brought our child to school too. I told my Stone Nayoung that she'll be late for work but she wanted to witness her daughter's first day in pre-school." Chungha laughed.

"Lucky for you your Nayoung's here. Mine's at work again." Sejeong sighed.

"Manly women..." Chungha mumbled.

Im Nayoung went to the moms and child and brought their daughter, carrying her. Chungha went to her mother and child, kissing their cheeks and went towards Sejeong and Mina.

"Stone Nayoung~" Sejeong greeted.

"Hey. Where's Kim?" She asked.

"At work. I'm here with my daughter, Mina," said Sejeong.

"Ah! Just like our child." Nayoung and Chungha look at their shy daughter.

"Sohye-ya. Say hi to Aunt Sejeong and little Mina here." Chungha cooed.

Sohye looked and greeted Sejeong. She also greeted Mina and was dazed of her crescent smiles.

"Say hi to Sohye, Mina." Sejeong moved closer.

Mina smiled and waved. Sohye smiled too and shook hands with Mina. The parents were giggling for their children until the bell rang.

"Now, off you go." Sejeong puts Mina down.

"Be a good girl, Sohye-ya." Chungha said as Nayoung fixed her uniform.

"Ne, eomma." Sohye spoke.

"Eomma! When will I have my chocolate pudding~?" Mina pouted.

"When Eomma Nayoung comes back from work, okay?" Sejeong said.

"Eomma~~" Mina whined and was about to cry.

"Mina-ya." Sohye called, holding her hand.

"I have some extra chocolate pudding. You can share with me. We can eat it after lunch." Sohye added.

Mina stopped whining and cheered. She pulled Sohye and the both of them went to their classrooms. The parents smile for their children, especially Nayoung.

"That's my girl," said Nayoung.

"I hope Sohye won't give her too much. Mina can eat some chocolate pudding but not too much." Sejeong said worriedly.

"I'll tell Sohye." Chungha said and went to her daughter.

---

In the classroom, there were introductions and fun activities done for the children. They were having fun learning, playing games, and made tons of new friends. For Mina and Sohye, they got to know each other quickly, together with four other children: hyperactives Jeon Somi and Choi Yoojung, cider Yoo Yeonjung, and tower Kim Doyeon.

"What do you have for lunch?" Mina asked them.

"Rice balls~" Somi opened her lunchbox.

"Kimchi~keke..." Doyeon revealed hers.

"You and your 'icky' food." Yoojung mumbled, earning a whine from Doyeon.

"'Icky' food for me too." Yeonjung pouted, her lunch of kimchi and dried sweet potatoes.

"I remember Eomma loves dried sweet potatoes," said Sohye.

"Oh really? Try some, Sohye-ya." Yeonjung gave a stick or two to Sohye.

Sohye nodded as Yeonjung gave her some. Sohye found it so good that she grabbed some from Yeonjung's lunch box and ate again.

"What's on the menu for you, Mina?" Yeonjung asked.

Mina grabbed hers and showed it to her friends. They gasped. There were tons of food inside.

"Woah, Mina...you...you can really eat all of it?!" Yoojung asked.

"Ne." Mina could only smile.

"But something's missing." Mina added.

"What?! You have tons of food and it's still not enough?" Yeonjung was shocked again.

"Ne. Eomma didn't pack any chocolate pudding this time..." Mina answered.

"Don't worry, Mina-ya. I got some right here." Sohye said as she grabbed her lunchbox.

The friends wowed for Sohye's food. Mina peeks and noticed two containers of chocolate pudding.

"Can I have the bigger one, Sohye-ya? Please~~~" Mina requested.

"Andwae. Eomma told me that Aunt Sejeong said not to give you too much. You'll get tummy trouble." Sohye said, shaking her head.

Mina whined. The rest laughed as Yoojung told them that they should eat. They did and ate heartily. Sohye was so generous, sharing her food with her friends. All of them liked Sohye for that but Mina? She'd whine everytime someone asked her for her food.

"Come on, Mina. Just one piece." Doyeon asked.

"No!" Mina shook her head.

Doyeon pouts. Sohye gave Doyeon a piece of her own again and Doyeon thanked and cuddled up to Sohye. Mina saw this and felt a bit jealous. Sohye's attention was on Mina again, giving her some.

"Gomawo, Sohye-ya~" She said, showing her crescent smiles.

All of them were almost finished with their food. Sohye has some desserts and shared them with her friends. Her friends weren't hesitant to grab some. For Mina, she wanted the bigger portion of the chocolate pudding but for her Eomma's sake and Sohye's, she decided to take the smaller portion...until Somi grabbed it before she could.

"Yah Jeon Somi! That's mine!!" She yelled, grabbing onto it.

"But I got it first!!" Somi argued.

"Sohye-ya reserved it for me!" Mina yelled back again, pulling the container towards herself.

"But I got to it first! So it's mine!!" Somi yelled too and pulled.

The two argued and were pulling the container of chocolate pudding towards themselves. Yoojung and Doyeon tried to stop them as Yeonjung and Sohye gasped. The other children watched and chanted.

"Fight fight fight~"

Mina and Somi whined and pulled. Sohye went to the two, grabbing the container when Mina hits her face. She stumbled. Mina was able to grab the container and pushed Somi, stumbling her onto the floor, her bottom landing first.

"I win!" Mina cheered.

But it went quiet when Somi cried. Yeonjung went to check on Somi as Yoojung checked on her.

"Sohye-ya! Are you okay?" Mina heard Doyeon and looked at their direction.

Mina gasped as Sohye held to her cheek and was in the brink of crying. Mina went closer but Doyeon prevented her to do so. The teacher came in as students told what happened. Mina gulped as she prepared for the worst.

"Kim Mina, to the time-out chair...now." The teacher said sternly.

Mina lowered her head and went to the time-out chair, facing the wall. Sohye rubbed her cheek as Doyeon and Yoojung checked on her.

"Are you okay, Sohye?"

"Ne. But Mina-"

"As much as we want to defend Mina, she did push Somi and hit you. And with teacher telling her to sit at the time-out chair, she might get mad if we are against Mina's punishment." Yoojung said.

"But she might get lonely..." Sohye protested but Doyeon already helped her up and they went back to their seats.

---

The break came and Mina was still facing her punishment. The teacher decided to call Mina's parents and Mina grew nervous. For the rest of the kids, they were good to go, meeting their parents outside.

"You're staying, Sohye?" Doyeon asked.

"Ne. Eomma will pick me up today," said Sohye.

"Okay. See you." Yoojung bid goodbye.

Yeonjung, Yoojung, and Doyeon went ahead. Sohye sat next to Somi and checked her.

"Are you okay now, Somi?" Sohye asked.

"Ne. Thank you for waiting with me, Sohye~" Somi finally smiled and hugged Sohye.

Sohye gave a nod. Mina peeks at her back and started to feel jealous, making her current mood much sweeter. Two pairs of parents came in as the teacher greets them.

"Miss' Joo, Miss' Kim, thank you so much for coming."

"What happened?" Mina heard her 'appa', making her gulp.

"Has our Somi gone too hyperactive again?" Kyulkyung asked.

"Yah! This is serious! What happened, maam?" Chaeyeon asked, slapping Kyulkyung for her pathetic question.

"Did Mina get into a fight?" Sejeong asked worriedly.

Just then, Sohye's parents came. Chungha went straight towards her daughter, checking her face.

"What happened now?" Her Stone wife asked as she sat down with the rest of the parents.

"You've gotten the call like the rest of us. Our children have been into a feud. So much for their first day," the other Nayoung told her Stone counterpart.

"Look at you..." Chungha grew worried as she saw a mark by Sohye's eye.

"It's okay, Eomma. I'm fine." Sohye assured her.

"Somi, Sohye, you may go outside and play while I talk to your parents," said the teacher.

Somi nodded and went outside. Sohye noticed the container filled with chocolate pudding on the floor. She went to get it and it hit her as she saw Mina by the time-out chair, facing the wall.

"Teacher, can I stay by Mina's side? She might get lonely." Sohye asked.

The teacher found it a bit awkward. Kyulkyung and Chaeyeon were a bit confused, (K)Nayoung and Sejeong felt grateful as her own parents agreed.

"That should be fine,maam," said Chungha.

"Our Sohye wants to help and be there for her friends in need. I don't see any reason why she wants to stay with her friend. I'd do the same thing if I were in my daughter's shoes," said (I)Nayoung.

The teacher couldn't argue and nodded. Sohye smiled and went to Mina's spot with the container of chocolate pudding on her hand. The teacher closed the retractable walls to give them some space. As the coast was clear, Sohye talked and sat next to Mina.

"Mina-ya..." She called and Mina faced her.

"S-Sohye-ya..." Mina couldn't believe Sohye was sitting next to her.

"I'm sorry if you're in trouble. If I had told Somi that the pudding was reserved for you, she wouldn't take if first. It's the whole reason why you had to fight Somi for the pudding. Mianhe..." Sohye apologized.

Mina cried instead. Sohye gulped of what she said and wanted to keep her quiet. Sohye askes what's wrong and she flinched when Mina hugged her so tight.

"I should be sorry. I hit you and pushed Somi and made her cry. Tell me you didn't cry? Did I make you cry?? Omo~~ mianhe, Sohye-ya~~" Mina sobbed.

"Ah, gwenchanha!! I'm fine see??" Sohye made Mina look at her.

"Yah! You have a scratch on your eye!! I hit you and you have a scar!! Waahhhh!!" Mina sobbed harder.

Sohye opened the container of chocolate pudding. She grabbed the spoon on the side of the container, got a spoonful, and shoved it in Mina's mouth. Mina pouted so cutely Sohye smiled wide.

"Uljimmayo~" Sohye chanted as she fed Mina again.

Mina stopped crying and smiled while indulging some pudding. Sohye continued to feed Mina until it was all gone. Mina lets out a cute burp and her mood changed the moment she had pudding.

"Gomawo~♡" She showed her crescent smiles despite of her puffy eyes.

Sohye laughed and threw and empty container and used spoon in a trash bin. She went back to Mina and sat next to her again. Mina held Sohye's hands and said:

"Can I tell you something?"

Sohye nodded attentively, honored yet nervous for Mina's revelation.

"I was so jealous when the rest of our friends like you, especially Doyeon and Somi. They're too clingy. They can't be clingy to my bestfriend. Don't let them be clingy to you next time, okay?" Mina said and Sohye's eyes dilated.

"Okay." Sohye nodded.

"Promise me. That we will be in the aame school in the future. You can  have friends but I will be your one and only clingy bestfriend." Mina said, showing her pinky.

"I promise." Sohye pinky-swore.

"Thank you for not leaving me all alone." Mina said.

"No problem. What are bestfriends for..." Sohye replied.

*10 years later*

"Penguin~~~"

"Yah...wha..."

Sohye yawned and stretched. She was about to get up when she felt a heavy body on top of her.

"Wake up, penguin~♡" Mina cooed, messing with Sohye's hood.

"Mina-ya...you're so heavy...and give me five more minutes..." Sohye whined, her eyes still closed.

"Come on~! Time for our first day at uni!" Mina cheered and nudged Sohye.

Sohye woke up right away. Mina felt victorious of waking her up and bugged her as she went to the kitchen to cook breakfast.

---

"I'm going back to sleep, Mina-ya. My class starts at noon." Sohye said as she finished cleaning the kitchen.

"Okay." Mina said as she fixed her own uniform.

"How do I look?" She added, facing Sohye.

"You look cute...however..." Sohye went closer, their distances almost inches apart.

Mina gulped of this feeling. The distance was just too close she felt her heart beating fast. She felt Sohye's had by her cheek and felt a smudging motion.

"You had some excess powder. Scrape it well next time." Sohye said.

Mina could only nod. Sohye went to their room again to sleep as Mina checked her things in case she would forget something. She checked her school stuff, her lunch made by Sohye...and something caught her eye. She checked that certain and she gasped of it.

"Chocolate pudding..." Mina mumbled.

It was her favorite desert since 1999. She wowed as a note was attached to it.

-Eat it after you eat lunch. Have a great day, my cinammon princess. I love you.-

Penguin

Mina wanted to cry but she could only show her crescent smiles. She went to their room and saw Sohye asleep again. She held onto her half of a cookie-themed necklace and saw Sohye's just by her neck. Mina went to give her a kiss as she whispered:

"Gomawo, penguin. See you later. I love you."

She kissed her cheek, took a good look at her, and went to get her bag to get ready for her first day at uni with an engraved memory of being each other's one and only.

That was the third. Due to my raging feels for this ship, updates may be frequent from time to time. However, I'll do what I can to complete all fanfics to focus on this.

@hccc49: NaChung ship granted ^^

And for all readers, subscribers, and upvoters, you may comment your ideas for the next one-shot and the ships you want to cameo. Suggestions are open and very welcome. Stay tuned.

-asahdako