How to be Yours

IOI Shikshins One-Shot Collection

Mina and Sejeong were busy studying for the exams. However, their concentration was disturbed when a ball landed on Sejeong's head.

"Shoot." Sejeong mumbled, rubbing her head.

Two women went near them. One went to get the ball while the other apologized for their recklessness.

"It's alright." Sejeong could only smile at the girl.

"Yah! Aren't you studying for the exams?" Mina raised an eyebrow at them.

"Who cares?" The youngest girl of the two asked back.

"Yah, Jeon Somi!" The other girl said and apologized to Mina.

"Sorry, unnie." The other one apologized again as they went back to their game.

"Can you believe them, unnie?! It is the exam week and there they are, playing volleyball!" Mina exclaimed.

"Don't mind about that. Besides, they play for the name of our school. Like hello? They're the varsity and Jeon Somi is the MVP." Sejeong said.

"Yeah...a bossy MVP." Mina mumbled.

Sejeong could only sigh. Mina has been the top 1 of their class like Sejeong. Both of them are aspirants of academics. They had their extra-curriculars but they were in the logical aspect of that. And with the exams around the corner, they had to be focused. Mina despised the children who are not like them, especially the varsity. But in this case, she was somehow intrigued to one of them.

---

"Heads up!!" Yoojung yelled.

The volleyball team were at their game as of this day. Despite of the upcoming hell of the exams, they were more focused on playing rather than studying. Sejeong and Mina were in their usual spot with Doyeon as they were studying. Mina and Sejeong were glued to their books when they saw Doyeon watching at the field where the varsity team was playing.

"Yah, Kim Doyeon. Fangirling over Choi Yoojung again?" Mina asked her.

"How could I not? She's the cutest player and the second best next to Somi," said Doyeon.

"Well...she is good. But Somi is one active player. It's like she has an infinite storage of energy." Sejeong said as she gazed to where Somi was at.

Doyeon gave Sejeong a good smirk. She added some coos and Sejeong's face was so red.

"Sejeong-unnie has a crush on Jeon Somi and no one's stopping me from saying it!" Doyeon chanted as Sejeong could hit a book at her.

Mina sighed for the two and decided to study again. She mumbled some keyword and took note of it. She read more of the keywords when she noticed a shadow by her book growing bigger. She turned to the side to be greeted by a smudge of dirt by her skirt.

"Good save, Sohye!!" Yoojung and Somi cheered.

"Yah!! Watch where you're..." Mina yelled yet she stopped.

The varsity player got up as she got the ball. She smudged her face and sighed in relief for the three girls in front of her. She noticed Mina looking at her as if she was awestruck and she bowed at her.

"I'm so sorry for your uniform..." She said her sorry.

"That was one quick save." Doyeon said as she applauded.

"Ah...Somi tossed the ball too far and it aimed at..."

"Mina. Her name's Mina." Sejeong said as Mina bowed at her.

"...at Mina. I didn't want her to get hit with the ball so I rushed to save it. But then, I dirtied her uniform." She said softly.

"Ah, it's okay...thank you back there," said Mina.

"You're welcome. I'm really sorry-"

"Yah, Kim Sohye!! Let's play again!!" Somi yelled.

"One minute!!" Sohye yelled back.

"I'm sorry again. May you study in peace. Fighting!!" Sohye said and ran back with the ball.

"Ah! Kim Sohye the Libero!" Sejeong said as she remembered.

"Oh, yeah. She's one of the Fantastic Four of the volleyball team. Those four are off the hook. They're really good," said the tower of the trio.

They decided to take a break in studying. Mina looked at the players as the big four were resting by the bench. They were Lim Nayoung, Choi Yoojung, Jeon Somi, and-

"Kim Sohye is a really kind player. Lucky for you, you were saved by her." Sejeong pointed at Mina.

Mina could only nod. It was her, the one that apologized to her yesterday and the one she found intruguing. Mina could squeal in her thought as she finally got her name and got a good look on her.

 'Kim Sohye...' 


---

Mina was early in school as she started to study again. As she opened her book on Algebra, she saw Sohye at the field. What shocked her was that instead of playing, she was studying. Mina went closer to her and poked her.

"Oh, good morning, Mina." Sohye greeted.

"Is that...omo-a book of Advanced Algebra?" Mina couldn't believe her eyes.

"Yeah. I already finished reading my Algebra book and decided to read in advance." Sohye said.

"Sohye-ya...are you...an honor student?" Mina asked.

"Yeah. 1st placer." Sohye said and Mina wowed.

"From what section are you?" Mina asked again.

"Section S." Sohye said and Mina wowed again.

Mina could only lower her head. Section S was a sections for the gifted in all aspects and she never thought the libero was one of those gifted students. Sohye noticed it and held Mina's hand, going towards the benches to sit down.

"Why? What's wrong?" Sohye asked her.

"I never thought you were from the Star Section. How could I act so impotent when you hit Sejeong's head with ball? You even apologized nicely..." Mina mumbled.

"I don't mind about that. You didn't know." Sohye pets Mina's head.

Mina felt her heart beat. Sohye lets go right away as she saw Yoojung and Somi come their way.

"Unnie!!" Somi went to hug Sohye.

"Wow! It's the university's top notcher in the senior high branch." Yoojung pointed at Mina.

Somi looked at Mina and raised an eyebrow. Mina raised an eyebrow too and Somi points at her as well.

"You're that rude girl insulting me and Sohye-unnie!"

"Somi-ah. Stop that, okay? She didn't mean to." Sohye reprimanded the maknae.

"Yeah. I'm really sorry." Mina apologized.

"Apology accepted!" Somi said and she and Mina shook hands.

"Sohye! Teach me Algebra!!" Yoojung said as she showed her assignment.

"Me too, unnie!!" Somi said.

"Mina!!" Sejeong and Doyeon called.

"I gotta go." Mina said to Sohye.

"Okay-" Sohye was interrupted by the two vitamins.

Mina giggled and waved at the three. The three waved back and Mina went to her friends. Doyeon gave her a headlock and Sejeong joined her in squealing.

"Lucky you~" Sejeong does her little dance while pointing at Mina.

"How to be you, my friend?" Doyeon asked her.

"Yah! I'll give you some tips after we study. Now come on." Mina said as she pulled Sejeong and Doyeon towards their spot.

---

Three days to go and it was the exams. Mina and Doyeon were left as Sejeong went with her classmates for a group study. Mina wad taking down the last of her notes as she heard cheering. She looked at the other table to see Sohye with Yoojung and with another girl.

"Your bae's here." Doyeon whispered.

"So's yours." Mina whispered back.

They stopped for a while as they watch the trio having fun as they were studying all subjects at once. They were intrigued in their way of studying.

"Who invented the telephone?" Sohye asked them.

"Uhh...Einstein?" Yoojung answered.

"Alexander Graham Bell." The other girl answered.

"Another point for Yeonjung!!" Sohye said and there was cheering.

"Come on!! Gimme the next question." Yoojung yelled.

"Okay...what's 7 times 110 minus 740 minus the square root of 900?"

"Uhh...zero?" Yoojung answered.

"Five points for Yoojung!!" Sohye cheered and the both of them cheered too.

Yoojung wowed as well. For Mina and Doyeon, they were impressed.

"That's really fun," said Doyeon.

"Yeah. That's actually a good strategy!" Mina said.

"Mina!" Sohye called.

"Uh...hi." Mina waved at her.

"You should join us." Sohye motioned them to come.

"Really?" Mina was as hyped as Doyeon.

"Yeah. Come, come!" Yoojung motioned them to join.

Doyeon and Mina nodded and joined them. Sohye suggested the both of them to ask the questions next. Yoojung and Yeonjung were nervous. Mina and Doyeon were top-notchers in their branch and they felt pressured. But Sohye? She didn't react at all.

"What's the capital of Botswana?" Doyeon asked.

"Choi Yoojung, you know the answer to this." Sohye said.

"Uh, no! I don't know the answer to that!" Yoojung defended.

"Yes, you do. I'm going to tell Doyeon here of your secret towards her. You know the answer to this!" Sohye smirked.

 "Don't tell Doyeon that I have a crush on her! Aish, Gaborone!!" Yoojung yelled.


"Correct!!" Mina cheered.

Then it went silent as Doyeon and Yoojung stared at each other. The remaining three cooed as Mina shared something.

"Don't worry, Yoojung. Doyeon here also has a crush on you. It's a win-win."

Doyeon slapped Mina's shoulder and blushed. It was awkward at first but Doyeon and Yoojung smiled at each other.

"Okaaay, next question." Yeonjung said.

"The next one is for you, Yeonjung." Mina said and Yeonjung felt like she was in a hot seat.

"What is the most used word in the English language?"

"English...damn..." Yeonjung mumbled.

"Was that your final answer?" Mina asked and Yeonjung shook her head.

"Come on, Yeonjung." Sohye said.

"Ah! The!!" Yeonjung got it right.

"You're next, Sohye," said Doyeon.

"I'm asking her." Mina said.

They all cooed. Mina blushed lightly as Sohye waited for her set of questions.

"Who was the first pope in Christianity?"

"St. Peter." Sohye answered instantly.

"What is inverse of the equation 2x-1?"

"X+1/2." The three wowed.

"What does epiphany mean?"

"An experience of striking and sudden realization." Mina wowed next.

"What does RAM stand for in the technical field?"

"Random Access Memory." They wowed again.

"Name at least four social dances."

"Cha-Cha, Tango, Boogie, Swing." Yoojung and Yeonjung clapped.

"What are Newton's Laws of Motion?"

"Inertia, Acceleration, and Interaction." Mina gasped of Sohye's knowledge.

"Give me the forms of business."

"Sole Propreitorship, Partnership, Corporation...and I'll add Cooperative as a bonus." Sohye said.

Mina ran out of questions as all of them cheered. Mina was sweating bullets as she was in awe of Sohye's knowledge.

"How do you do and know that?" Mina asked her.

"Ah, I use to read a lot of books when I was young. Also, I embrace the lessons by heart so I know stuff without putting an effort, like memorizing for instance." Sohye said.

"You gotta teach us that!" Yeonjung said.

"How to be you, Master Penguin?" Yoojung asked as everyone laughed of the pet name.

"Yah!! Tell you what. Since the exams are coming and we have no practices, how about I tutor you guys? We can study the subjects that all of us find easy then we narrow down to the difficult ones. How's that?"

"Alrighty!!" All of them said.

"Yeah..." Mina mumbled as she admired Sohye.

"Okay. We'll meet here after classes." Sohye said and everyone agreed.

*ring*

"See you guys." Sohye went ahead.

"Let's go, Yeonjung. See you guys." Yoojung bids goodbye to Doyeon and Mina.

"Bye~" Doyeon responded.

Doyeon checked on Mina, looking at a walking Sohye. Doyeon sighed and pulled Mina towards their next class.

---

Two days remained and the squad of  '99ers from sections B, A, and S, formed at their spot. They first read their books then had a little quiz about the easiest subjects. After that, Sohye asked them of their difficult subjects.

"Math." Yoojung answered.

"Physical Education." Yeonjung raised her hand.

"Accounting." Doyeon answered.

"Logic," said Mina.

"Alright. Let' start." Sohye said.

*five hours later*

Sohye taught Logic last for everyone found it difficult. It took Mina an hour to understand and she was relieved. The rest had their intervals, leaving Yeonjung last.

"Okay. We should go. It'a already evening. Let's not forget to pray and study." Sohye advised them.

All of them nodded. All of them thanked Sohye for tutoring them as they went home...well, almost all of them.

"Mina." Sohye noticed Mina still standing.

"Let's walk together at the exit." Mina said as Sohye nodded.

Mina and Sohye walked side by side. During the walk, Mina asked...

"If your really a smart person, why didn't I see you at the honors list before? You're a genius, Sohye. Didn't you want to be on top?"

"That's simple, Mina. Being smart doesn't mean that you need to be an honor student and be on top. Do you know what made you an honor student?" Sohye began.

"What?"

"Hardwork." Sohye said, patting her head.

"Just like the saying goes: Hardwork beats talent. You can also relate that to intelligence." 

"If you compare a person who's really smart but lazy and a person who has average intelligence but is so hardworking, who would have a bigger chance of being an honor student?"

"The hardworking person." Mina said.

"Exactly. Believe me, I used to be hardworking before but now it's different. You didn't see my name in the honors list before because I'm lazy...and I got distracted from volleyball. And in retrospect, hardwork pays off efforts." Sohye said.

Mina and Sohye were already at the exit. Mina thanked Sohye for walking with her. Sohye nodded and went off when Mina held her arm.

"Sohye-ya, why are you a good person?" Mina asked.

"Mina-ya, it's who I am." Sohye answered.

"Don't you get tired of it?" Mina asked again.

"Being good is never forced. It's an obligation wherein the things you do for a person is unconditional. And why would I get tired of seeing people happy of my actions?" Sohye said.

Mina knew Sohye was right. She nodded and lets go. The bus came in time and Sohye managed to say goodbye to Mina before she walked home.

---

The exams were almost a hot seat to all students. All of them were in their respective classes, using their wits to fight off against questions in a test paper. The relief of everyone came after three days, going off to celebrate or contemplate of their work.

"Are you popping the question now?" Doyeon asked Mina excitedly.

"No!! Let's just say I'm doing my breezy moves to have a chance to be with her." Mina whispered.

"How to be you, Kang Mina?" Doyeon asked.

"Oh, shush!!" Mina yelled and pulled Doyeon towards Sohye and Yoojung.

"Yoojung!!" Doyeon called as Yoojung waved.

Sohye turned around and she and Mina gazed at each other. Mina gulped as Doyeon nudged her.

"How was the exam?" Sohye asked.

"Great." Mina smiled.

"I died in Accounting." Doyeon mumbled.

"I died in Calculus." Yoojung mumbled.

"We should celebrate. Finally the hell days are over," said Mina.

"Good idea! Jinx!!" Dodaeng said.

"Okay." Sohye nodded.

Doyeon held Yoojung and went first. Mina and Sohye cooed. Sohye held Mina's hand and followed and Mina felt victorious of this opportunity.

"Since when did the two got all clingy?" Mina wondered.

"Yoojung shared to me that she got Doyeon's number when they met at the lobby. They texted a lot until they got into a mutual understanding." Sohye answered.

"Uhh...Sohye-ya, can I ask you something?"

"Sure. What is it?" Sohye responded.

"You see, Sejeong-unnie and I will be representing the Quiz Bowl in our Hallyu Games. And you see, I have this weak area in all subjects." Mina began.

"What subjects?" Sohye asked.

Mina gave a list. Sohye checked all of them and scratched her head.

"These subjects are the one's I haven't finished studying yet. But tell you what. How about I come to your place to tutor you of some basics then we'll learn the rest together? How's that? Is it okay?" Sohye suggested.

Mina heard it all so well and she felt more victorious. She thought having her time with the genius libero that she heard a snap.

"Hello? Mina?" Sohye waved a hand in front of her face.

"Yes! Yes!!" Mina said and Dodaeng laughed from a distance.

"Okay. We'll meet here then go to your place." Sohye said and Mina nodded.

"Come on, lovebirds. Let get this show on the road!!" Yoojung screams.

"Yah!" Sohye screamed back, sticking a tongue.

Mina laughed and held Sohye's arm. The both of them caught to the Dodaeng couple and they went off to celebrate.

---

Sohye and Mina met at school and came to Mina's house. Her parents were so obliged to meet Sohye that they made her feel at home.

"We're so thankful you could tutor Mina in her studies, Sohye-ya," said her father.

"Mina here talks a lot about you. And here she is now, tutored by her favorite player in their varsity-"

"Eomma~" Mina pouted.

"Now, darling. We'll let them off to study." Mina's father lended a hand to his wife and they leave the girls.

"Mind me of Eomma." Mina said shyly and Sohye chuckled.

"It's alright," said Sohye.

"Let's study in my room." Mina suggested and Sohye agreed.

She held Sohye's hand and they went to Mina's room. Sohye wowed as she came across Mina's room. A mini-library consumed half of her room as the rest was like a typical room.

"You really are a bookworm," said Sohye.

"Yeah. Appa buys me books when I was young and I would read them," said Mina.

"You're not different from me at all, Mina." Sohye said.

"You're better, Sohye. Anyways, shall we start?" Mina asked.

Sohye nods and asked Mina for her mini-board. Mina nodded as Sohye began to write something.

"I tend to get formal with tutorials so first, choose a subject from your list that you want to learn first." Sohye said.

"Law." Mina said.

"I'll give you a quiz on Korean Law and teach you basics for other countries," said Sohye.

"Okay." Mina nodded.

"Let's begin." Sohye started.

*hours later*

"You should rest." Sohye said, noticing Mina's eyes getting droopy.

Sohye checked the time and it was almost 10 PM. Sohye watched Mina managing to sleep on her desk. Sohye grabbed Mina and lets her sleep properly on her chair. She laid a blanket on her and froze. Sohye sat back down, admiring the sleeping cutie in front of her. Sohye wiped off a bit of Mina's drool and fixed her hair. Sohye looked at Mina again and found her so adorable and pretty, as if an angel poured her too much cuteness she could die in too much oogling. She felt her phone vibrate as she got a message from her father, asking her what's taking her so long.

"Shoot. Gotta make this reviewer for Mina." Sohye mumbled as she started writing.

---

The next day, Mina woke up. She was shocked to see a blanket laid on her and her workstation was already clean. Mina saw a bunch of papers on one side and checked on them. Before she could read some of them, she saw a note.

-These are reviewers on the other subjects. I'll try to tutor you during my vacant time. I'll text you by then.-

Master Penguin

Mina held her chest and felt her heart beat fast again. She scrolls on her phone and found a picture of herself with Sohye, Doyeon, and Yoojung. She cropped Sohye's side and made it her wallpaper. She sighed and decided to study. Well, she can never hide the fact that she has a crush on the genius libero.

---

Mina and Sejeong reunited as they study for the Quiz Bowl. Sejeong went over all notes and she was really impressed.

"I just finished studying Math and Law and here you are, almost in the brink in Quantum Physics." Sejeong mumbled.

"Those are just notes, unnie. I just finished Foreign Language." Mina said.

"How in the world did you get these bad boys?" Sejeong asked, scanning everything.

"Well-"

"Heads up!!" They heard Somi.

They stopped to watch the volleyball team play again. But only the Fantastic Four played. It was Nayoung and Yoojung against Somi and Sohye.

"...I had a tutorial with Kim Sohye." Mina confessed and Sejeong squealed.

"Kim Sohye the kind libero?!! I heard a rumor that she's the 1st Placer in Section S in Senior High." Sejeong mumbled.

"She is..." Mina said and Sejeong wowed.

"In retrospect, you are one lucky girl. You get to be tutored by the mysterious genius libero who is the girl of your dreams." Sejeong nudged Mina.

"Yah! Look who's talking. Who would've thought the genius ahjusshi had gone mushy over the MVP?" Mina nudged Sejeong this time.

The two top-notchers laughed as they studied again. With their concentration on fleek, they didn't realize much of their surroundings until they heard a yell from Somi. Sejeong looked to the side and gasped as Somi was inches closer to her.

"My apologies, Sejeong-unnie." Somi mumbled.

"Yah, Jeon Somi!" Sohye came to them.

"Sohye-ya!" Mina greeted the libero and Sohye waved at her.

"What? I just saved Sejeong-unnie from Nayoung-unnie's blow." Somi said to Sohye.

"Nice save." Sohye gave a thumbs-up.

"Sohye-ya? Are you free?" Mina asked.

"Yeah. We're stopping our game from there. So how were you? What subject haven't you studied yet?" Sohye sat next to Mina.

"All from 7 to 1." Mina said.

"Okay. Let's start the tutorial." Sohye said.

"But you just finished practice. You should change then come back afterwards." Mina got a towel and wiped Sohye's face.

Sejeong and Somi cooed. Sohye nodded as Mina wrapped the towel around her face. Mina laughed of Sohye's dorkiness and Sohye cooed as she saw Somi, her sweat being wiped by Sejeong.


"Let's shower, Somi." Sohye said.

"Ne. Thank you, Sejeong-unnie." Somi smiled and rushed with Sohye.

The two top-notchers laugh once more. Mina cooed at Sejeong again for her special assault on Somi.

"Why do the smart people get stuck in love?" Sejeong asked out of the blue.

"SeSom in the house~!!" Mina cheered as Sejeong blocked .

"Okay...I like that little vitamin. And if you're wondering how she knew me, we met by the mall. Remember that group study I talked about? Chungha and I were the closest ones and she knew Somi because they grew up in the States. We met at a cafe and Chungha introduced me to her." Sejeong explained.

"Some story you have, unnie," said Mina.

"You couldn't guess Doyeon also got her chance to finally be with her crush, Choi Yoojung." Mina added.

"Let's stop there and study, okay? We need to be ready in case your genius libero interrogates us," said Sejeong.

Mina slapped Sejeong's lightly and decided to study with her.

---

Sohye came back and her tutorials with Mina continued. Sejeong joined in the three as Somi stayed to listen but slept afterwards. Sejeong and Mina were so focused as Sohye taught them. Sejeong got it for she had tackled the subjects before and Mina was getting the hang of it as Sohye was always there to help her.

"I never viewed these subjects properly before. I never thought I understood now. Thanks a lot, Sohye-ya!" Sejeong said as she arranged her things.

"You're welcome, unnie-"

"Sohye-ya, how do you do this again?" Mina interrupted them.

Sejeong could laugh as she watched her dongsaengs study. She looked at Somi to see her still sleeping. She pets the MVP's head as she continued to snore.

"Finally!!" Mina raised her arms and did her victory dance.

Somi woke up from her sleep as Sejeong wiped the drool off of . Mina sat down and hugged Sohye tight.

"You look cute together." Sejeong commented.

Mina heard it and froze. Her heart was beating fast and its pace got quicker as Sohye hugged her back.

"Thank you so much, Sohye-ya." Mina mumbled.

"You're welcome." Sohye answered.

They let go and got awkward for a moment. Mina teased Sejeong as she and Somi got awkward too.

"Ah, it's already dark!! We should go home," said Sejeong.

"Ne!" Her dongsaengs said.

---

The Hallyu Games came again and the Quiz Bowl was starting. Academic enthusiasts from different universities came in and the contigents were busy studying. For Mina and Sejeong, they had fun questioning each other by playing rock-paper-scissors.

"I won! Now answer this question! When did Osama Bin Laden die?" Sejeong asked.

"March 2, 2011." Mina answered and Sejeong did a check gesture.

Sejeong waved at someone. Mina looked behind her and saw Somi, Yoojung, Yeonjung, Chungha, Doyeon and Sohye. Somi and Yoojung had waved a flyer to cheer them as the rest joined them. Mina went to them and hi-fived them and gave Sohye a hug.

"Godspeed." Sohye said.

"Ne. Thank you for everything." Mina said and hugged Sohye again.

"All contigents for the Quiz Bowl, please be on your respective seats for we will about to start."

Mina pecked Sohye's cheek and went to her seat with Sejeong. Sohye felt a little scratch on her chest as the rest of her friends cooed.

"Wow. I never thought the top-notcher had a spot for the libero," said Chungha.

"That's our Master Penguin, unnie," said Somi.

Sohye chuckled and watched the quiz bowl. She would cheer like the rest as Mina and Sejeong were leading the quiz bowl. And when the last question was said, they anticipated. Mina and Sejeong were tied with an opponent and if they answer it correctly, they'll win.

"The function f is defined by:
f(x)= x+3 for x<=2
f(x)= -x+7 for x > 2
What is the limit of f(x) when it reaches 2?"

"The limit does not exist." The opponent answered.

Mina and Sejeong gulped. But as they found the answer was wrong, the chance was given to them. Sejeong didn't know the answer as Mina thought. She remembered the lesson she had with Sohye on limits. She was giggling a bit daydreaming of Sohye but she shook her head and thought about the answer. And as she hits the buzzer, everyone went silent.


"The limit is 5." Mina answered.

Her friends watched and they were nervous. Yoojung looked at Sohye and she smiled. Yoojung got a hint on Sohye's expression and asked:

"They got it right, Master Penguin?"

As Sohye looked at Yoojung and nodded, Mina and Sejeong were declared the winners. They all cheered as their uni won for the quiz bowl. Somi was happy for the duo when she noticed Sohye standing up and leaving.

"Yah, Master!! Where-" Somi stopped as Sohye's nose bled.

Sohye was getting weak. Somi called Yoojung and Yeonjung for help and they help their Master Penguin towards the clinic. Chungha went with them as Doyeon rushed to Mina and Sejeong.

"We won!!" Sejeong cheered.

"Where's the squad? Where's Sohye?" Mina looked around.

"They're at the clinic. Sohye grew weak. Her nose bled just now." Doyeon said.

"What??!!!" Mina grew worried and ran as Doyeon and Sejeong followed her at the clinic.

---

Mina got there with Sejeong and Doyeon to see Somi, Yoojung, Yeonjung, and Chungha...and a sleeping Sohye, an IV drip injected on her hand.

"What happened? Is she okay?" Mina went closer to Sohye and held her hand.

"She just grew tired." Yoojung said.

"With practice plus her tutorials, her body gave in," said Yeonjung.

"I'm worried for her and the team. We need her in the playoffs tomorrow," said Somi.

". What are we going to do? Nayoung-unnie's going to kill us," said Yoojung.

"We'll just let her rest. I'll back her up," said Somi.

"Guys...can I have a little time with Sohye?" Mina asked.

Everyone agreed right away and left the room. Mina sat beside Sohye and got a good look at her. She held her hand and lets her secret out.

"Sohye-ya, thank you for helping me and Sejeong-unnie with our Quiz Bowl. It's my fault that you're sick. I'm sorry I took almost all of your time just to tutor me. And with that, I'm eternally grateful." Mina said, reaching to hold her face.

"But do you know why I wanted you to tutor me? Even since I saw you and Somi get that ball, I was intrigued by you. And when you saved me from that ball yet dirtied my uniform, I had a tiny crush on you. But the last straw was that you were so dorky and sporty physically yet you were gifted with a lot of knowledge. With that, I fell in love with you. When you offered me tutorials, I was so happy. When I was with you, I never thought I could see a lot of things far from just reading a book. And when you did all those efforts for me and made me and Sejeong-unnie win the Quiz Bowl, I felt like I had my angel. You're like my angel and penguin, Sohye-ya."

"*sigh*...I never thought I could say this but this top-notcher is in love with the mysterious genius libero. In other words, I'm in love with you, Kim Sohye." Mina got the critical confession out.

Mina felt relieved. She heard cooing from Doyeon and Sejeong as they came inside. Mina's face turned red, her hold on Sohye's hand still intact. Mina had her hands on her face as she hid behind Sejeong.

"Do you think she heard it?" Mina asked.

"She wouldn't. By the looks of her sleeping face, she's knocked out cold." Sejeong said.

"But...if our Master Penguin felt the same way, she may not hear it...but she will feel it here." Somi said, pointing at Sohye's heart.

"Smooth words from Jeon Somi." Chungha cooed.

"Yeah...because that's how I felt with Sejeong-unnie." Somi said and everyone broke into a squealing fest.

"Even if I was asleep, I felt a little spark on my chest, as if someone took care of me. I thought that it wasn't her but my instincts were wrong. I never thought Sejeong-unnie cared for me despite of the number of days we knew each other." Somi held Sejeong's hand and everyone squealed.

"Don't be too doubtful that I didn't feel anything...because from the moment I saw you, I already had the feeling. I just had to wait at the right moment."

Somi's words struck the right chords in Sejeong's heart. She tackled the little vitamin for a hug, her face buried on Somi's shoulders.

"I love you." Sejeong whispered.

"I love you too." Somi whispered back.

"If you're considering Master Penguin in the infirmary as the right moment, I'm gonna tell her about this." Yeonjung said and everyone bursts into laughter.

Sejeong and Somi laughed and stopped when they heard a groan. Everyone except Mina left the room to give them some privacy. Mina saw Sohye waking up as she went closer and held her hand.

"Mina..." Sohye called.

"Hi, Penguin. Look at you. How did it happen? Did you get enough rest yesterday? Did you forget to drink your vitamins?" Mina was so worried for her.

"I did but I forgot to drink my vitamins. Sorry for making you worry." Sohye pets Mina's head and Mina held that arm.

"Mina...can I be honest with you?" Sohye asked.

"Yes." Mina wondered of what Sohye will say.

"When I first met you here in the uni, I saw a rude cutie who's an aspirant of being a top-notcher. I saw myself in you before I turned into an aspirant in volleyball. When I apologized to you and Sejeong-unnie, I prayed that I will see you again. I found you so beautiful. God, you were beautiful. Not only that, I saw detemination in you. And let's just say, I found you intriguing." Sohye began and Mina was so eager to listen.

"I also remember the time when you poked me. I was thankful again for I saw you again. I saw the curiosity in your eyes as you didn't expect a varsity player to open a book, not alone a book on Advanced Algebra. And when you were so sorry for your mistreatment towards me and Somi, I couldn't help but squeal in my head on how cute you were." Sohye said again and Mina chuckled while pinching Sohye's cheeks.

"When I saw you studying with Doyeon, I observed your style in studying. It was really good but as I saw your raw passion, I wanted to make you see things far from the book itself. I saw a curious Kang Mina and I wanted you to know a lot more. So it became one reason that I wanted you to study with us. I never forgot your priceless expression on how I managed to answer those questions. You show your cuteness and believe me, I felt my heart had wings and it flew out of my chest." Mina blushes and giggles of Sohye's words.

"It became a start on my admiration towards you. I wanted to do something for you so I offered the tutorials. During those moments, I wondered how am I going to confess to you. I cared nonetheless about it because I wanted to have the best of the information. I had to be prepped and everything. And when you asked me those two questions and I answered, I made an conclusion that I did admire you so much." Mina felt so happy as she pets Sohye's head.

"Then there's you asking me of tutorials for the Quiz Bowl. Guess how I felt about it." Sohye said.

"Happy?" Mina asked.

"I felt ecstatic. I felt like the angels gave me my favorite task. With that, I was up all night studying those subjects so that I can teach you everything. I was priveleged to meet your parents and your Eomma saying that you talk about me a lot." Sohye talked and Mina laughed of her last statement.

"I do. Eomma and Appa understood that I had a crush on you and they supported of my feelings. You know when you got to visit, Appa told me to bring you from time to time." Mina said and both of them laughed.

"Go on..." Mina added as she held Sohye's hand.

"And during the tutorials, I admire your eagerness to learn again. I thought it would take me two days to finish discussing the basics but I never thought you could get them in a day." Sohye said.

"Did you...lay that blanket on me , cleaned my desk, and and made those reviewers for me?" Mina asked and Sohye nodded.

Mina kissed her forehead and Sohye was shocked, wide open. Mina giggled and sealed . Sohye laughed as Mina sat properly and pets Sohye's hair.

"Tell me more." Mina said, reaching to caress Sohye's cheek.

"I found you so cute when you sleep. Why do I admire you so much?" Sohye scratched her head and Mina giggled.

"Anyways, when we already had our schedules for volleyball practice, I sighed a lot. I wanted to tutor you some more. I wanted to make sure you'll win the Quiz Bowl with Sejeong-unnie. I didn't see you much but that didn't stop me to wait for you at that same spot. When I finally saw you and Sejeong-unnie, I was thankful that our formal practices were finished. I didn't expect Nayoung-unnie could serve the ball too far. Somi saw it aiming at Sejeong-unnie and she rushed to keep her from getting hit. Who would've thought the MVP fell for her so much." Sohye chuckled.

"Yeah...Sejeong-unnie told me that too." Mina said.

"So I grabbed the chance to tutor you again. I didn't care if I was sweating and tired. You were my energy, Mina. But you grew worried and wiped me with your towel. I wanted to fight back but I agreed to shower first for your sake." Sohye said and Mina hugged the life out of her.

"Why are you so sweet?" Mina asked as she pouted at Sohye.

"You'll know my answer after I finish." Sohye raises her eyebrow and Mina pecked her nose.

"And when I tutored you again and you did your victory dance, I fell for you all over again. I wonder how am I going to say it to you? As you hugged me, I realize now that scratch in my heart was guaranteed that I really...love you..." Sohye said and Mina hugged her more.

"When the Quiz Bowl started, I wanted to confess to you. But knowing that you were up to your game, I had to save it for later. I didn't expect that kiss on the cheek, though..." Sohye said.

Mina kissed her cheek again. Sohye gave another priceless expression and Mina squished her cheeks. Sohye got up and Mina grew worried of her sudden action.

"Mina..." Sohye held her hands.

"...I may be not the expected person you've encountered but I hoped the number of days we had together made me worthy enough of your love and trust. I may not see what I really am but I am thankful you saw it and believed in it. You gave me the information that I could never embrace but you made me accept it now. And with that, I'm eternally grateful." Sohye kissed her forehead.

"And you know why I wasn't on the top of my game? I felt someone up there made me save my glory for a special someone. And this was it, Mina. You are my special someone..."

Mina was struck of Sohye's words. The both of them shared their hugs and their words as everyone went inside again.

"My ship has finally sailed," said Doyeon as Yoojung made a sound of a tugboat.

"Triple dates for us!!" Somi cheered.

"Chungha-unnie, you should say yes to Nayoung-unnie after this." Somi teased.

"A little too sentimental for me..." Yeonjung raised her arms as she laughed.

---

It was good news for everyone. Chungha accepted Nayoung, Sohye was already well and got to play, and they won the playoffs.

"Cheers!!" Yeonjung clunk her can with the rest.

"Aren't you awkward of this situation?" Yoojung asked.

"Nah! I'd rather be the guru of everyone than the one in love." Yeonjung smiled.

"What did you say?" A girl said as she was with two other girls.

"Yo Ki!" Nayoung hi-fived with a girl.

"These are my friends. Guys, this is Heehyun and Chaeyeon-"

"With Taeha. Yeonjung here was dying to see her girlfriend again," said Heehyun.

All of them were obliged to meet the three and sat according to their pairs. Yeonjung was so giddy to see Taeha when she got a pinch on her ear.

"Aish! You and your remarks. I might have to remind Nayoung-unnie to watch over you." Taeha said as Yeonjung did a high-pitch on her scream.

"I'm sorry." Yeonjung sang and Taeha rubbed her ears and kissed her cheek.

"Wassup!!" Two girls came in again.

"Pinky! Get your girlfriend in control!" Nayoung said.

"Sorry about Eunwoo. I'm Kyulkyung. Nice to meet you all."

Everyone was also happy to meet the two. The squad got bigger but there were still some missing people.

"Where's the shikshin couple?" Sejeong asked.

"Who knew it took them a long time in the terrace?" Yoojung asked.

"I bet they're questioning each other again," said Somi.

---

Mina and Sohye were still at the terrace, watching the stars. Mina leaned her head on Sohye's shoulder as she grazed her hands onto Sohye's bandaged arm.

"You and your gutsy self..." Mina mumbled.

"It's who I am. Nothing's stopping me, Mina." Sohye remarked.

"I swore I could've stopped you from playing but thank God I love you, Kim Sohye," said Mina.

"Thank you for the love, Kang Mina. You know my next three words will be...right?" Sohye asked.

Mina chuckled and kissed her. Sohye's eyes dilated yet she kissed back. Once they broke, they leaned their foreheads against each other. Mina suddenly cried as Sohye wiped them away.

"Thank you...for opening my eyes and letting me move out of the book...within a number of days..." Mina sighed.

"Thank you, too...for making me sane of my true self, even if I was different from the typical person and even if I stopped believing...thank you for seeing it and believing it when I couldn't..." Sohye said back.

"I love you so much." Mina said.

Sohye smiled at her and kissed Mina's forehead.

"How can I be sweet like you? How to be you, Kang Mina?" Sohye remarked.

"No..." Mina held Sohye's face.

"...it should be like this...how to be yours, Kim Sohye?"

"Hmm...how to be yours, Kang Mina? Nah, I don't have to ask that." Sohye said.

"Why?" Mina asked back.

"Because you're already mine...and I have always been yours..."

 

That was the seventh. MInd me for wrecking your anticipations, everyone. I can't help but update these stories HAHA.

@nicz04: SeSom ship granted.

@rhk7130: Why choose SeChung or ChaeJeong when you can have both? I decided to have both ships but they'll be in separate one-shots.

Keep them suggestions coming, everyone ^^