Ideally Dating

IOI Shikshins One-Shot Collection

Mina and Sohye were not much of a ship in IOI. It would've started off with that showdown when Mina almost got down on her but it was all part of the survival show. Some fans would ship them but in reality, they never got the idea of actually dating. They were mostly food buddies than to be considered as a couple.

But today, it was already different. 

"Sohye?"

Sohye was busy munching her favorite snack as she was called by Sejeong. "What is it, unnie?"

"Can you run to the store and get me something?" She asked while grinning.

Sejeong gave a list to Sohye. Sohye read all the stuff Sejeong listed and the last item made her choke onto her snack. She shoves the list on Sejeong's chest. "I can't buy all that!" 

"You can. You're 18. The store clerk will let you buy the last item." Sejeong winked.

"You and your influences..." Sohye sighed. "...I may be 18 but I still can't go and buy it. I'll just buy the other stuff."

"Fine..." Sejeong got a pen, scratching the last item off hefore giving the list to Sohye. "...now go, little one."

"I'm not little..." Sohye sighed and went for that certain errand.

+++

Mina saw the penguin girl walk outside. Mina couldn't avert her gaze on her until she faded onto the horizon going somewhere.

"Someone's daydreaming..." Yeunjung spoke, making Mina wonder.

"I'm not daydreaming." Mina said. "I was just wondering where Sohye would go."

"Sejeong-unnie gave her an errand to buy some things. I just hope it did not involve buying condoms." Yeunjung spoke.

"Ew. Sejeong-unnie can be y sometimes." Mina sighed.

"That's our Ahjusshi." Yeunjung sighed as she got a bag. "I'm off back to the WJSN dorm for comeback."

"See you soon." Mina waved.

As Yeunjung left the room, Mina went to lock the door. She went to her drawers, getting a picture then slumping on her bed, her fingers caressing the said picture. 

It was no ordinary picture. It was a picture of Sohye.

As Mina judged of Sohye, she had to admit that Sohye didn't have a talent to be an idol. Seeing her during the very first evaluation as part of Team F, Mina was utterly impressed. But as the days went by and when Mina found out that Sohye was part in the same evaluation group as her, Mina found the girl attractive and wanted to get closer to Sohye.

When they were paired for a showdown, Mina was almost doing her dance to impress Sohye and to get the girl to like her. Viewers thought it was taunting, almost the start of an OTP. It could be a wonderful sight because the both of them were cute but the showdown showed a different meaning. It was just mainly a competition to them. Sohye didn't feel any click and Mina was almost too focused on competing to get the right emotions out.

Mina wasn't the only one to have feelings. Sohye was actually developing those feelings herself. Finding out that they were next in ranking in the dance evaluation, she felt happy. And seeing themselves progress throughout the finals, Sohye made the conclusion that she did have feelings for Mina. When Mina was called, Sohye smiled in the distance and was happy. In Mina's case, she betted for Sohye to get in the lineup. She would've been flustered of Sohye's rank but to the least she made it. 

When they got to debut as IOI, Mina and Sohye would treat themselves as food buddies,also called the shikshin couple just because food is life. But dating the events of singing together on the group's first showcase in Melon, having screentime together in Standby IOI, and even shooting together for the Stone Age CF, it was almost evident that one day, they'd confess.

That actually happened. But there was a catch. It was their own little secret.

And that was why Mina sighed as she held onto Sohye's picture. 

"Sohye, you're back~" Mina heard Sejeong coo.

Mina got up, kept the picture and went to the kitchen as she saw Sohye sorting out the things she bought. Mina stopped, gazing at the girl who was working until Sohye also gazed at Mina, smiling lightly.

Mina got back to her senses and searched the cupboards. "What snacks did you buy, Sohye-ya?"

"Cookies." Sohye answered as she got to the living room and do homework. "Oh, and I also managed to buy some chips."

"Did you buy some chocolate and cheese curls?" Mina asked and searched the cupboards with Sejeong.

"Yeah..." Sohye could only nod. "...they're in the other cupboard."

Mina kept her blush and got to the other cupboard. She looked by her favorite spot and there was a stash on all her favorite snacks. 

"Sohye got all your favorites, Mina. You really are shikshin buddies." Sejeong chuckled. "Mina, can I have some?"

"Hahahahaha...no." Mina spoke. "These are all mine."

Sejeong sighed and got snacks from the bottom part and went back to her room. Mina looked around the place and she was alone in the kitchen. Chaeyeon and Yeunjung  were off to their schedules, Nayoung and Kyulkyung went out, and the rest were sleeping. Mina smiled as she and Sohye were left. 

Mina grabbed this chance and went to Sohye, watching her do her homework. Before she could sit next to her, Mina got some chocolate. She plopped herself next to Sohye and shoved a piece in Sohye's mouth. Sohye just munched as she continued to write.

"Notice me, Penguin~" Mina does her aegyo.

Sohye puts her pen down and faced Mina, inching closer as if they were in the brink of kissing. "Okay."

The proximity made Mina blush. Sohye chuckled, kissing her forehead before inching away. Mina pouted and leaned her head on Sohye's shoulder.

"I miss our dates during out food trips. We even had to fake our reasons to Nayoung-unnie that we just went out to eat." Mina said.

"Yeah. And in the end, we went to the mall and watch 'The Fault in our Stars'. That was a nice date..." Sohye said.

"Because we're together..." Mina added as she cupped Sohye's face and they looked onto each other's eyes.

With their hearts beating, all the times and on the time they confessed secretly became significant events within their relationship. Both felt at ease to confess and to date each other but both shared the thought of inhibition of letting the others know.

When Mina and Sohye shared a kiss in the living room, it released all their love. They were busy with schedules and only had a few times going out like a couple. And with their word of secrecy, it was almost too hard to bear and it served as a challenge for them to love each other better.

Mina broke first but reached out to caress Sohye's cheek. "Sorry..."

"For what?" Sohye asked.

"The kiss..." Mina spoke, biting her bottom lip lightly. "... I'd die to kiss you harder but-"

"I understand, Mina. I want to kiss you harder and longer too." Sohye said back.

"Why do we have to hide it?" Mina asked. "I would've thought we both want to express it."

"I don't know, either." Sohye said. "But as we both want to hide it, even if you want to hide it, I'm okay with it." 

Mina inched closer and ran a hand by Sohye's waist as she hugged her. "This is why I love you."

"I know." Sohye said. "And know that I love you too."

+++

Dance practices for the girls were always taken seriously. And amongst the eleven girls, Sohye was the most serious as she was determined to get the steps and the timing right despite the incompetency to do so.

Sohye was a trainee in acting. Hence, she had most struggles within the competition, receiving skepticism from netizens of her ranking despite of her incompetency to do anything idol-related. That's why when Sohye got in the lineup, Sohye would always do her best to make up for the national producers' votes on her.

Energy, sweat, and time were given away. Some would rest but for Sohye, she kept on dancing.

"Sohye-ya, that's enough." Doyeon said.

"No..." Sohye said, panting. "...I still need to get this part right..."

"You already did." Yoojung said as she pulled Sohye out of the center. "Come on. You need to rest. You're sweating a lot, to think the room is air-conditioned."

Sohye shook her head again and got off of Yoojung. Sohye kept practicing. Yoojung was worried for the eldest of the '99 liners but Doyeon insisted to leave her to do so, not wanting to provoke Sohye any longer.

Sohye didn't go for long breaks. The other members were shocked of Sohye. They knew she was busy with school, dieting, and handling business matters for her future café and entertainment label so she could barely have the energy to practice but they gasped as she kept forcing herself to do better. For Mina, she was worried sick of Sohye.

"Okay. Let's wrap it up." Nayoung spoke. 

The others nodded and decided to go home. However, Sohye refuted. "Nayoung-unnie, I'll stay for a bit."

"Sohye-ya, we need to go. All of us." Chaeyeon said.

"Yeah, don't you see or feel that you're tired?" Yeunjung asked. "Sohye-ya, you've been dancing non-stop."

"But I can still dance again." Sohye batted.

"Sohye-ya, please..." Sejeong went to hoist the girl up. "...let's go."

"I don't want to yet..." Sohye said.

"Just one more hour and go." Nayoung said. "If you're late in returning, I won't let you practice for a week."

"But unnie-"

"No buts." Nayoung said sternly. "We'll go ahead. Don't forget to lock the studio."

They all went ahead and Sohye stayed. As they were all gone, Sohye made the most of the hour and continued to practice.

+++

"Unnie, let me stay with Sohye. We'll go home together." Mina said.

"Hm? Why?" Yeunjung asked. "Are you going to go out and eat again?"

"No. I just want to accompany Sohye. She can't go home alone if she's tired." Mina reasoned.

"You're tired too, Mina. I'll stay with Sohye." Doyeon suggested.

"I'll come too." Yoojung added.

"No. I'll let Mina come with Sohye." Nayoung decided. "Keep each other safe."

Mina nodded as the others went ahead. Mina went back inside the dance studio, seeing Sohye practice again. Sohye was too focused so Mina went in like a ghost, getting the remote of the speaker and sitting down. As the music ended, she turned it off, making Sohye face at the back.

"Mina-ya, what are you still doing here?" She asked.

"Nayoung-unnie said I'd come with you back to the dorm. And since you're done..." Mina tossed a towel to her. "...change now."

"But I still have 45 minutes-"

"No buts." Mina batted. "That's an order from your girlfriend."

Sohye sighed and obeyed, getting an extra shirt and went to change. Later, Sohye was out fresh as she heard the music being played as Mina danced. Sohye admired Mina so much for her dancing skills. She got into the beat and in one part of the song, they danced together. And when it ended, Mina pulled Sohye close to her and they share a kiss. Sohye had her eyes dilated but as Mina pulled her closer and arms were around Sohye's neck, Sohye kissed back.

Mina broke to give soft kisses on Sohye's face, starting from her forehead down to her jaw, almost close to her neck. Sohye could only close her eyes as she felt Mina nuzzle onto her neck.

"I was so worried you'd wear out and faint." Mina mumbled. "Don't strain yourself again. Please promise me that..."

"Okay..." Sohye said, hugging Mina tight and nuzzling onto her strawberry-scented hair. "I'm sorry for being so stubborn."

"Let's go back?" Mina spoke as she looked up at Sohye.

"Okay." Sohye nodded. "We should go back."

+++

Days were almost like minutes for Sohye and Mina. Mina and Sejeong couldn't promote with IOI for now, not even Chaeyeon and Yeunjung, all because of debuts and comebacks. The other seven members had to go on with IOI promotions. For the couple, it was almost fine...but it wasn't...

After that discussion, Mina was sulking by the veranda. As everyone was asleep, she looked for Sohye. Mina spotted her girlfriend in the living room, sleeping. Mina crouched by the sofa and inched to see Sohye's sleeping face, all while she held her stuffed penguin.

Mina knew that Sohye was tired nowadays that she was almost as sleepy as Yoojung and slept anywhere. Mina would've slept now but she always wanted to see her girlfriend sleep. With the secrecy and all, she couldn't just expose themselves and let the others find out. Hence, she couldn't freely spend such wonderful times with Sohye.

Mina reached to Sohye's hair as she pats her head lightly, adding a little peck on her cheek.

"Mmmm..." Sohye groaned, almost waking up. "Mina?"

"Hey..." Mina grinned as she patted Sohye's head. "...mind me for waking you up. You just looked sweet, that's all."

"You should sleep now." Sohye said, patting Mina's head.

"Can I sleep with you this time?" Mina asked.

"But the others..." Sohye mumbled back.

"Don't mind about it now." Mina said. "I want to sleep with you..."

Sohye nodded. She sat up and Mina joined her to lie back down on the couch. Mina cuddled onto Sohye as Sohye pulled her closer.

"Are you sure that you won't mind?" Sohye asked.

"Not at all." Mina said. "Now go back to sleep."

"Okay." Sohye nodded. "I love you, Mina."

Mina looked up and Sohye slept instantly. Mina sighed and joined Sohye in slumber.

"I love you more, Sohye..."

+++

It would've made sense to Sohye and Mina to hide their relationship from the members. It was almost unreasonable to do that but inhibition had to be a to the two, fearing of what the others might think.

But today, the leader's girlfriend woke up and saw the two sleeping in each other's arms. She was shocked.

"Omo..." Kyulkyung reacted softly.

Mina woke up and gasped to see Kyulkyung. Mina got off of Sohye instantly as the other girl yawned. Sohye was too dazed that she passed by Kyulkyung and went to the bathroom.

Mina was left with Kyulkyung and she gulped. "Unnie, please don't tell Leadernim nor any of the other members."

"Mina..." Kyulkyung smiled. "...it's fine by me. I always bet that you and Sohye would be together one day."

"Really?" Mina reacted.

"Yes." Kyulkyung nodded. "Don't worry. Your secret's safe with me."

Kyulkyung smiled and went back to her room. As Sohye came back, Mina was sighing hard. Despite of her daze, Sohye was a witness. She sighed back. "I told you that we should've kept caution."

"So it's my fault?" Mina batted.

"Mina, that's not what I'm saying..." Sohye sighed. "And you said you didn't mind."

"Because I thought no one would see us." Mina spoke harshly.

Sohye didn't like this part of their relationship. She grabbed Mina's hand before she could storm off but Mina shoved her hand away and went to her room. Sohye sighed again, wanting to give her girlfriend some space.

+++

The said space Sohye gave to Mina was almost unplatonic because it lasted until it was time for Gugudan's debut. Sejeong and Mina had two more days before they go back to Gugudan's dorm and Mina didn't like Sohye's ignorance one bit. It made her crazy, missing her girlfriend so bad.

It was evening and IOI finished having dinner. The unnie line was chilling in the living room. Somi and Sohye were also there playing Jenga until such time Somi was sleepy. Sohye noticed thr maknae leaning onto her shoulder and snoring to dreamland. Sohye sighed and carried Somi on her back towards their room. On the way, she passed Mina.

"Am I blocking the way?" Mina asked as she blocks it with her arms.

"You are now." Sohye said. "Excuse me, Mina. I have a maknae to tuck onto bed."

Mina pouted sadly as Sohye just passed by and went on. Mina sighed and went to the living room only to see Kyulkyung reading a book and a sleeping Stone Nayoung's head was on her lap. 

"Lovers' quarrel?" Kyulkyung asked as she watched Mina sulking.

"She didn't notice me for almost three weeks. It's making me crazy..." Mina huffed.

"What happened?" Kyulkyung asked.

"When you saw us, she heeded me and I got mad." Mina explained.

"Mind me if I saw that. Let me ask you, Mina..." Kyulkyung spoke as she pats Nayoung's head. "...why would you hide your relationship with Sohye from us?"

"We were scared of what you'll think of us. Plus, we were timid to do so and... Sejeong-unnie doesn't like me to be in a relationship yet because she said that I'm not ready..." Mina said.

"Sejeong-unnie can be as concerned as Nayoungie here. I can't force you to just tell us but to me, it's fine. I respect that. In fact, I'm happy for you two." Kyulkyung said. "But please reconcile with Sohye. It's not good for arguments in a relationship to last long."

Mina nodded and thought of talking to Sohye soon.

+++

IOI decided to hangout before another set of promotions. The others have gone in the van as Sohye and Somi were last. 

"Sohye!" Mina yelled from the back. "Come up here!"

"Hm? What's up with Mina?" Doyeon asked.

"She can get cranky." Sejeong sighed.

"Yah, Kim Sohye! Come up here, goddamnit!" Mina cussed.

"Did you two argue?" Yeunjung asked.

"Go ahead, children." Kyulkyung sighed and motioned the rest to get in the van. "As for you..." Kyulkyung stopped Sohye. "...go and address her errand, will you?"

"Unnie..."

"I know you want to give her space but she missed you like crazy. Besides, you won't see each other for two months so please make amends." Kyulkyung whispered. "I don't want to see a wasted relationship." She pats Sohye's back. "Take your time. I won't tell them of your relationship but I'll tell them to wait."

Sohye smiled. "Thanks, unnie..."

Kyulkyung nodded and went ahead. Sohye got up and saw Mina by the stairs. Sohye sighed and wondered what to talk about with her. As Sohye stopped to face Mina, Mina pulled her up and they got inside the dorm again.

"Mina-" Sohye was stopped as Mina pinned her by the door.

"Yah! How long will you give me some space?" Mina spat as she was about to cry. "I missed you, you stupid Penguin!"

"But you were still mad. I was scared." Sohye mumbled.

Mina pouted and Sohye had gone soft towards her. Mina sighed and pulled Sohye close, kissing those precious lips that she missed so bad. Sohye had gone out of control too as she kissed Mina back, switching their positions. Now, Mina was pinned to the door.

The kiss had gone too steamy for their own good as restricted emotions released themselves out of reconciliation. Sohye and Mina kept exchanging kisses from soft and sensual ones to hot and heavy ones. The time to break had to come and both were panting, their hearts beating, missing each other so bad. Mina cupped Sohye's face to kiss her again when...

"PENGUIN! TANGERINE! WHAT'S TAKING YOU TWO SO LONG?" It was Yeunjung.

"Penguin..." Mina didn't care as she gave kisses onto Sohye's cheek.

"Stop..." Sohye said, gripping her arm.

Mina had her hands around Sohye instead as they take time until they got themselves ready. Sohye sighs. "I'm sorry for ignoring you."

"I'm sorry for being such a sourpuss. I guess we can trust Kyulkyung-unnie." Mina pouted.

"We can." Sohye nodded.

Mina hugs her tight. "Sohye-ya, I love you."

"I love you too, Mina-ya." Sohye said. " Let's go."

Mina and Sohye broke from their hug and went out with eased bonds and another obstacle of their love faced.

+++

Promotions came and went. Mina and Sohye got themselves busy as much as the other members within their walks of promotions. And when the months ended and they had to come back for their second and last comeback as full members of IOI, Mina and Sohye were happy to reunite again.

On those days, Sohye and Mina texted from time to time. They kept their relationship hidden and decided to tell the other members when it was time. Kyulkyung and Nayoung knew yet they kept it, the '99 liners were speculating, Sejeong was having hunches while the rest were clueless. But all in all, Mina and Sohye's relationship was still confidential.

Sohye came back from her meeting as CEO of her café and entertainment label and slumped on her bed. She got up, putting a hand by her chin as she sighs.

"Gosh, why do I have a lot of work aside from being an idol?" She mumbled.

"Because you're a strong and independent woman." Sohye turned around and saw Mina.

Sohye wowed of Mina. She had gone more gorgeous and y with her brown hair. For Mina, she wowed of the fact that Sohye had gone ier. She even sighs to why did Sohye have to wear a sleeveless shirt showing her curves.

"Mina..." Sohye spoke as she got up. "...I almost didn't recognize you. You changed your looks."

"I know..." Mina spoke as she closed the door and locked it. "...but I should be asking that about you. How are you, Sohye-ya? Are you alright? I presume you'd never strain yourself." Mina sighed and crossed her arms in front of her girlfriend. "You promised me, remember?"

"I did. I've been taking supplements." Sohye said. "You should've rested when you got here."

"I didn't want to because I want to see you." Mina said and sat next to Sohye. "In fact, I should be asking about your health. You had multiple jobs after all."

"Aigoo, that's nothing..." Sohye shrugged. "...having multiple jobs is not a thing. There's nothing special about it. I wonder why I'm having a lot of jobs. Maybe I've gone desperate but meh..."

Mina laughs. Sohye wondered. "Why? What's funny?"

"Sohye-ya..." Mina called.

"Yes? What is it?" Sohye asked.

"You're doing great with life and you're a good person." Mina smiled caringly. "I suppose that's why I love everything about you."

Mina leaned herself onto Sohye's side, feeling her y build. Sohye just looked down and smiled lightly.

"When I had promotions in Gugudan, I missed you a lot. I couldn't stop thinking about you and of your health. You were working with a lot of jobs and we were both so busy we couldn't contact each other much. We didn't even go out for those months."

"You're right. Also..." Sohye pats her head. "...I missed you too. I even regretted those days when I ignored you."

"Sohye-ya..." Mina whispered. "... I'm sorry if I'm holding you back in exposing our relationship to the others."

"Mina..." Sohye looked at her. "...don't mind about that. As long as we're together, thst won't matter anymore."

"It didn't before. I admit that exposing our relationship could change everything. But it's different now..." Mina looks onto Sohye's eyes. "...the world needs to know that I'm blessed to have a beautiful Penguin for a girlfriend, inside and out."

"Mina..."

"You're always there for me. You adjusted for me. You even ignore me because I wanted my space. How could I hide to the world that you love me as much as I love you?" Mina sat by Sohye's lap as she got her hand and held it by her own thigh. "You mean the world to me, Sohye-ya. I should've known better. I should've not been afraid to say that you're a person whom means a lot to me and a person whom I love so much."

"Mina..." Sohye mumbled again. "...it's really okay if we love secretly. Whatever you decide, it's my decision too."

"It's not okay. I know you don't want to love me out in the shadows. You want the world to know in the first place but I'm holding you back. That's why..." Mina looks up at Sohye. "I won't be afraid for your sake. We'll tell the members about us so thst I can be with you peacefully. Right now..." Mina reached Sohye's hand and lets it cup her own face. "... I'm afraid that one day, you'll leave me because of it, even because of the disbandment. I'd do anything to always be with you, Sohye-ya..."

Sohye gasped as Mina hugged her tight, her face nuzzling by her cheek. "Please don't ever think of leaving me. If the disbandment comes, don't fall for anyone else. Because to me, I'll only love you, Sohye-ya..."

Sohye pushed Mina on the bed. Mina's eyes widened of what Sohye did but a part of her seemed happy about it. Sohye's mind was twisting. Mina's words struck chords into her heart and she wanted Mina to know the same.

"What's the matter?" Sohye got back to reality as Mina asked that, all while her fingers were on Sohye's cheek.

"Your words struck my heart, Mina-ya. I couldn't get my emotions straight. I'm too ecstatic to hear those words from you. And you..." Sohye huffed. "...you made me feel the same because I swear to God, I love you to bits, Kang Mina..."

"Sohye-ya..."

"I love you. I do. I really do." Sohye confessed.

Sohye inched down and kissed Mina. Mina hummed in pure satisfaction as she wraps herself around her girlfriend, her hands touching Sohye. 

It was a matter of choice. At the end of the day, future events would be unexpected but the two swore to keep their love intact, whatever the cost.

+++

Promotions for Very Very Very skyrocketed as much as their relationship did. Sohye and Mina grew closer and even had their moments on TV. From a distance, Kyulkyung and Nayoung adored their little coupled shikshins. In Mina and Sohye's cases, they were telling the others bit by bit, starting off with the Dodaeng couple.

"I knew it-"

"Sh! Not so loud!" Mina shushed Doyeon.

"Well...we're off the same boat." Yoojung whispered to Sohye. "We didn't tell the others of the Dodaeng relationship too, almost the same reason."

"Does Leadernim know?" Sohye asked.

"Of course we always let Leadernim know." Yoojung nodded. 

"We don't usually tell Yeunjung because she can be loud." Doyeon whispered.

"Were you four talking about me?" The four gasped as they saw Yeunjung. "Is this a game? Can I join in?"

"No. In fact, you're coming with us." Doyeon said as she escorted Yeunjung out of the scene.

Yoojung came with them and was on Yeunjung's right side. Mina and Sohye laughed of the scene when Sohye held Mina's hand tenderly. She looks at uer girlfriend with a smile.

"I'm glad we're starting to have some progress." Sohye grinned.

"I know." Mina smiled back as she leaned her head onto Sohye's shoulder. "I love you."

"I love you too." Sohye replied.

+++

Fanmeetings would've been a risk zone of exposing their relationship but it turned out to be a safe zone. Most of the fans shipped Mina and Sohye so they can almost blend in their precious moments with each other.

One of the most wonderful moments they had was that they had a little duet and they'd hug each other once the fanmeetings ended. At the backstage, they kept the skinship to a minimum since there were the rest of the members that didn't know. 

"Is it me or are you two closer than expected?"

Mina and Sohye gasped as they saw Sejeong. "You two even share the same reactions. What gives?"

"We've gotten closer, unnie. We even join in with the other '99 liners." Sohye reasoned.

"I see." Sejeong nods. "Mina?" She called and the tangerine girl wondered. "Come with me. We need to talk."

Sohye lets them be at peace and went on. Once it wad all clear, Sejeong faced her fellow trainee. "You don't have to hide it. I know of your relationship with Sohye, Mina."

"What are you talking about?" Mina asked.

"That moment when Sohye bought all your favorite snacks, that moment that you stayed with her at the studio, and that moment that both of you took so long that Yeunjung came to get you two? It seems obvious, don't you think?"

Mina couldn't hide it. She couldn't hide the fact any longer. "If I did, unnie...what's wrong about it?"

"You're too young for stuff like that, Mina. Also, you haven't reached 18 yet, let alone Sohye." Sejeong sighed. 

"Age doesn't matter in love, unnie." Mina reasoned back. "And Sohye wouldn't do anything to hurt me. She loves me and I love her."

"You might say that but in the end, it may never work out." Sejeong said. "Would you still be able to deepen that relationship despite the disbandment?"

Mina didn't thought about that too much. Her love for Sohye was the only thing that mattered. Although it sounded so pessimistic, what Sejeong said was a reality that none of them can get away with.

"Unnie..." Mina gulped.

"To be honest, Mina..." Sejeong held her fellow trainee's shoulders. "...I always support you and your decisions. This relationship of yours with Sohye? It's cute and I respect that. But think of the reality. We're disbanding soon. The rest of us will go onto our own walks of life, even Sohye. If you won't make time for each other, chances of getting your relationship strong are less. Think about it."

"Unnie..." Mina was in the brink of crying. "...why are you saying this? Do you want me to break up with Sohye?" Mina shook her head. "You know I can't, right? I love her."

"I'm sorry if I had to tell you this. But seriously, think about it." Sejeong said again.

She left her. Mina thought about it, trying to get away from that reality but it rooted onto her brain too soon. How could she forgrt that reality that they were going to disband soon and she will have less chances to be with Sohye.

"Mina?"

Mina saw Sohye with a worried look. Mina looked around to see no one and ran towards Sohye and hugged her tight. Sohye could only hug her back as Mina's hold tightened.

"What did Sejeong-unnie tell you?" Sohye asked. "Mind talking to me about it?"

Mina could only nod. She couldn't muster anything to say. But nonetheless, Sohye had to know too.

+++

Sohye found out what Sejeong said to Mina and it also broke her heart. A part of her understood her unnie's concern yet a part was mad for misleading Mina onto a pessimistic side of it. If it were up to them, Sohye would keep the relationship intact for the both of them.

With the good promotions coming to a close and the disbandment around the corner, Nayoung conducted an open forum for all of them. It turned out to be an event of smiles and tears, even of confessions.

"We're in a relationship." Doyeon started as she held Yoojung's hand.

Yeunjung was a bit sad. She had a little crush on Doyeon but of course she knew Yoojung suited Doyeon. Nayoung noticed that and patted her back.

"Man, I am slow." Yeunjung confessed. "Yah, Kim Doyeon, I had a crush on you but I'm too late since Yoojung stole your heart first. Nonetheless, you have my blessings."

Everyone clapped of Yeunjung's honesty. Doyeon and Yoojung cried lightly and the three shared their hugs. Once they broke, Sohye spoke. "Us too..." She held Mina's hand. "I thought you wouldn't see us the same way so we kept it hidden for so long."

"Yes." Mina added and Sohye was lightly shocked. "Sohye and I are in a relationship."

"Since when?" Chaeyeon asked.

"Since the start of IOI." Sohye said.

NaPink and Dodaeng adored it. 

"I knew it!" Yeunjung exclaimed. "But why did you hide it?"

"Aigoo, you and your short term memory loss, unnie." Somi sighed. "But seriously, Sohye-unnie, Mina-unnie..." Somi looked at the two. "...why say it now?"

"Well, courage had to be present just now." Sohye answered.

"But have you thought about it, Mina?" Sejeong asked.

"What is?" Nayoung asked.

"I also need to confess." Sejeong said. "This relationship isn't suitable."

"Sejeong!" Chungha batted.

"NaPink and Dodaeng are fine since they are in the same labels but Mina and Sohye?" Sejeong began. "Not only they're in different labels, they're in different aspects in the industry."

"And what does that imply? That they can't love each other?" Chaeyeon batted. "Yah, Kim Sejeong! How could you stoop so low, especially to Mina?!"

"Unnie-"

"Kids." Nayoung broke the tension. "The Unnie line needs to talk."

The dongsaeng line nodded and went back to their rooms. For Mina and Sohye, they comforted each other and went outside to relieve themselves from the tension.

+++

"There's nothing wrong with that, Sejeong!" Nayoung yelled.

"I know what you're trying to say, Sejeong..." Chungha added. "...but you cannot be against Mina and Sohye. I thought you'd be decent enough to agree. Think of what Mina had to feel!"

"I'm not. But I don't the distance to hurt both of them, especially Mina!" Sejeong batted. "Chungha, I thought you were on MY side!"

"This shouldn't have been argued. Look at us. The kids are worried. Mina and Sohye are worried and hurt of this." Chaeyeon added.

"Let's cease this argument for the children." Kyulkyung said. "Mina and Sohye shouldn't know. It'll hurt them more."

But how couldn't the shikshin couple unhear everything? It hurt them. Mina was hurt the most, to think she looked up to Sejeong. Sohye noticed her girlfriend's tears and comforted her.

"Mina-ya...sh...it's okay..." Sohye spoke and wiped Mina's tears away.

"I'm sorry for this, Sohye-ya. It seems this is why we should've kept our relationship hidden. Now our unnies are arguing." Mina sniffled.

"Let's talk about this, about us..." Sohye said.

Mina was worried for Sohye to say this but she was right. They sat by the stairs and decided to conduct closure.

"I begin to understand your point of reason, Mina, to why we had to hide it..." Sohye said. "I'm sorry I realized it now."

"But our members know now. Most of them are okay with it, but Sejeong-unnie..." Mina mumbled.

"I know. We all do." Sohye said as Mina leaned her head on Sohye's shoulder.

"Sohye-ya, can I say something?" Mina asked.

"Sure." Sohye nodded.

"I thought about what Sejeong-unnie told me...and I considered her advice."

Sohye didn't like to hear that from Mina. She wanted their relationship to stay strong. She didn't want to leave Mina. She loved her like her life. But then, she also realized that Sejeong had a point. The only thing now is what Mina decides.

"Mina." Sohye held her hand. "Just say the word and I'm ready to grant anything you say for our sakes."

"Sohye-ya..." Mina looked with teary eyes.

"It hurts me to see you in pain. If you're uncomfortable and made a decision, I'm supporting you." Sohye said as she held Mina's hand tight. "I love you and I'll do anything to make you happy, even if it means letting go."

"I don't want to..." Mina cried. "...even if I need to, I don't want to, Sohye-ya..." Mina nuzzled onto Sohye's chest. "I love you..."

"If you need to, I'll grant that for you." Sohye said. "Just tell me."

"Can you give me more time to be with you before I say the word?" Mina asked.

"Okay." Sohye nodded.

"Why do you have to be so considerate? I'm almost ashamed to be yours..." Mina cried harder as she cupped Sohye's face. "You gave me a forever...within the promotions and for that... I'm eternally grateful..." Mina leaned her forehead onto Sohye's. "I love you so much..."

"Me too. God knows how thankful I am to be yours..." Sohye mumbled back.

Mina and Sohye share a kiss that will almost be their last. It was almost inevitable that they had to end it so soon but in their hearts, it had to be done for their sakes.

But at the end of the day, love always prevails.

+++

It was heartbreaking for it to end like this. Promotions had to end, fandom had to end, even a relationship had to end. 

It was the end of the TimeSlip concert and the end of a national group loved by many. For the fans, it broke their hearts. For IOI, it broke their hearts and intuitions of their futures. For Mina and Sohye, they had both plus an end to their relationship.

It was the last day of January where everything had to end. There was a time to reunite in five years but it still was a long time. For now, it was goodbye to all members of IOI. 

Mina and Sejeong were waiting for their van back to Gugudan's dorm. Sohye also got out with her stuff, waiting for her father. Sejeong went to Sohye and spoke.

"I'm sorry for going against your relationship with Mina." Sejeong began. "It doesn't have to be this way, Sohye-ya."

"It has been done, unnie. Don't blame yourself. We decided ourselves." Sohye answered.

"I'll miss you, my student." Sejeong and Sohye hugged.

"Me too, sensei." Sohye said.

The van arrived. Sejeong hopped in first but Mina stopped to talk to Sohye. Sohye could miss this beautiful woman in front of her.

"My life wouldn't be the same without you, Penguin." Mina said.

"I'll miss you, Mina." Sohye said.

Sejeong was signalling Mina of the time but Mina wanted a little more. Mina held Sohye's hand and took time to look at her Sohye, her love, and her beautiful Penguin, all before going back to another phase of reality. 

"Thank you." Mina said, smiling.

"Thank you too." Sohye smiled.

Sohye couldn't muster courage anymore. She lowere her head but she broke down as Mina kissed her softly. She held Sohye's cheek once last time and lets go, running and hopping in the van before it went off.

Sohye sighed. It was another life for her, another life without Mina.

+++

*five months later*

"You're still so down." Somi mumbled.

"Yeah. And it's messing the weather." Yoojung added.

It was nice for the three to meet as special MCs for Produce 101 Season 2. They were done shooting and decided to hang out since it's been a while since they saw each other. Sohye loved the time with the two beagles of IOI but her love for Mina stayed. And longing was a long and tiring thing for her.

"I haven't seen her in a while." Sohye mumbled. "Their comeback was lit, though."

"Speaking of Gugudan, they're on." Somi the TV.

It was a replay from MCountDown and Gugudan performed. Somi and Yoojung were always the hyper beagles and Sohye watched quietly. Deep down, she always fangirled on Mina, seeing the beauty which swept her off of her feet.

"She had gone slim and she looks dashing." Sohye sighed.

"Aigoo, you and your love issues." Yoojung sighed back.

"Aww, don't be sad, unnie." Somi pouted. "Even if Mina-unnie is far, her love for you is always close to heart."

"I'm going to post that on Twitter. Smooth words from Jeon Somi." Yoojung said.

Sohye knew her dongsaeng was right. She couldn't help but plaster a smile.

+++

The subscriber cannot be reached. Please try again later.

Mina sighed as she puts her phone down, hot tears flowing out from her eyes. She grabbed her stuffed penguin and hugged it close to her chest.

Kang Mina may be pictured out as a cutie in Gugudan loved by many but at the end of the day, she was a crying mess. Hyeyeon and Sally always knew the girl's pain and they let her have her sad time. Mina was thankful that she was alone, to the least her members cannot witness her agony.

"Why won't you answer me?" Mina mumbles as she dials the number again. "I miss you. I'm so lost without you..."

It gave the same response and Mina stained her stuffed penguin with tears. The weather coincided with her feelings as she longs again.

She missed Sohye so much. She regretted of breaking up with her. She longed for Sohye. She wanted her back.

+++

You got the invitation, right?!

Sohye moves her phone away as she heard Yeunjung's dynamic voice on the other line." Yeah!" Sohye spoke loudly as well. "And I'm coming!"

Sweet! And before I go...your sweet Mina is coming too! Baaaai!!!

Sohye sighed as Yeunjung hung up. Sohye looked at thw invitation at hand as she had second thoughts of going. If she were to go, she'd see her members again. Most importantly, she'd see Mina again.

Sohye wondered but then, she nodded.

It was about time to see her love again. She nods to herself.

She's going.

+++

Mina was alone on the van as she heads to a special event. It was of the final episode of Produce 101 Season 2 and IOI were invited as guests of the said event. Sejeong couldn't come due to her schedule of shooting for School 2017 so she came alone. As Mina sat foot out of the van and inside the building, a lot of eyes were on her but her smile widened as she saw her members again.

She hugged them one by one. Nayoung was always the concerned leader as she asks how she was, although it was almost visible to her eyes that Mina had been crying.

Mina bit her lip as she asked. "Where is she? Is she coming?"

They all knew who Mina meant. As Somi spoke, Doyeon was waving at someone. Everyone reacted. Mina wondered but as she faced back, she gasped.

Sohye was walking towards them and was waving. Mina gulped. Sohye had gone prettier. Despite of dressing simply with a white collar shirt, black pants, and black boots, Mina thought Sohye looked dashing, having that girl crush image. 

"*cough* commence plan." Yeunjung huffed.

Mina wondered when Somi pushed her towards Sohye, making Sohye catch her abruptly, making their meeting after 5 months a little awkward.

"S-Sorry..." Mina mumbled.

"It's okay." Sohye said as she helped her get up. "Hello, Mina."

Mina didn't like a kind of greeting. She didn't say anything but hugged Sohye tight, causing everyone to coo out of admiration. Having this proximity made Mina sigh as she missed Sohye for so long and she was happy to have her here in her arms.

"Sohye-ya..."

Sohye could've had a bleeding nose of Mina's look. She loved the way the pink dress hugged Mina's stunning figure. And it even showed Mina's collarbone like she was going to flip out of adoration. But she kept composure and hugged Mina back.

"You guys deserve an Oscar. Best love story ever." Doyeon spoke.

"This is the best part." Somi added, making everyone laugh.

"Hey!" Sohye yelled with the iljin voice Mina found cute. "Good thing I'm not dating s like you two!"

"Language." Nayoung got on leader mode as they were silenced.

"IOI, standby."

Nayoung led the team as they went to their seats by the side. Sohye and Mina were the last ones as Mina held her hand before they could go.

"Sohye-ya...I..."

"We'll talk later." Sohye said.

Mina nodded and didn't hold hands for now. They went to their seats and went on with the shoot.

+++

Words couldn't express how much Mina and Sohye missed each other but with the shoot, it had to be saved for later. 

A lot was expressed throughout the show. Somi was happy and in tears of joy when Daehwi was included. Doyeon was proud for Seungwoo and Nayoung and Kyulkyung were happy for Minhyun, although they expected all NU'EST members to be included in the lineup, even Samuel.

Sohye and Mina went with the flow and were happy for all male trainees who made the final lineup, even to those who didn't make it yet did their all within the show, just as much as they did during Season 1.

As the shooting was done, IOI did a group hug, happy to reunite after those months. Despite of their separate schedules and the fact Sejeong and Yoojung weren't around, they were so happy. Chaeyeon did a groupfie with all members and they all had smiles on their faces.

"Now people are going to photoshop Yoojung and Sejeong in this pic." Kyulkyung said and they laughed.

"HAHAHAHA...anyways, shall we go and have dinner?" Nayoung spoke. "My treat!"

"OMG-Stone Nayoung~" Chaeyeon cheered and everyone joined her.

"We'll take a rain check." Mina pouted as she held Sohye's hand and faced her. "You and I need to talk!"

Sohye couldn't bat and nodded. She and Mina went ahead as everyone cooed, especially the duo.

"Break a leg~" Somi said.

"And don't deflower yourselves yet." Doyeon added.

Sohye could almost kick their asses for their remarks. Nayoung gasped, Chungha sprays makeshift holy water to Doyeon and Somi, and Chaeyeon read a bible verse. Mina could only giggle and smirk.

"Oh, I won't. In fact..." Mina hugs Sohye seductively. "... I'm just going to taste my baby until she collapses on me..."

"WTF??!!!" IOI reacted before Mina pulled a nosebleeding Kim Sohye to God knows where.

+++

Sohye and Mina went to Penguin Café. Sohye opened the door of her café and lets Mina come in. They stopped to a private bar and Mina had a seat, looking adoringly at her penguin as she wears an apron.

"You look so cute." Mina grinned. 

"Thanks." Sohye smiled. "What do you want to drink?"

"Can I have a strawberry smoothie?" Mina asked. 

Sohye nodded and made the smoothie. Mina coild watch Sohye do her work and was very impressed of the place. She was happy for Sohye's progress. But also, she missed the girl. Sohye was done as Mina drank, enjoying the smoothie.

"This is the best strawberry smoothie I've ever tasted." Mina wowed.

"Really? I made it extra special. It's new. I added it when Chaeyeon-unnie came to visit." Sohye said, getting rid of the apron.

Mina had a tang of jealousy as she heard that. Sohye sat next to her and Mina looked away. 

"Mina..."

"Sohye-ya..." Mina faced her with a disappointed look. "...why didn't you answer my call and called me back? And why did Chaeyeon-unnie visit here?"

"Chaeyeon-unnie came to order. And I'm sorry if I didn't call you back. I got busy with a radio show and I presume thst you'd be busy so-"

"All the same. Even if I am busy, I'll still make priority of you..." Mina spoke. "...because nothing has changed. I still love you."

Mina pulled Sohye to stand up and wrapped her arms around Sohye. Sohye gulped but her emotions couldn't be held back any longer. She held Mina's waist.

"I was always crying after a schedule. I was so lonely without you, Sohye-ya. And even if we parted, I couldn't hold the fact that I still love you." Mina spoke, facing Sohye.

"Mina..." Sohye couldn't help but cup Mina's cheek.

Mina leaned onto that hand and held it beneath hers. "I miss you so much..."

"I miss you more." Sohye confessed. "I was so sad without you, Mina. I never thought we'd see each other again."

"Me too." Mina spoke and their foreheads leaned onto each other. "We're going back together. And we'll keep our elationship strong time."

"Whatever you say, Mina." Sohye said. "Whatever your decision, it is mine too."

Mina wrapped herself around Sohye and they shared a kiss. It had gone a little steamy as Mina dominated and even wrapped her legs around Sohye's waist. Sohye carried her to a couch and assaulted more of such sensual kisses.

Mina turned the tables and straddled Sohye's lap, all while giving Sohye kisses. Mina was about to take her dress off when Sohye's nose bled.

"Sorry..." Sohye grabbed some tissues and wiped her nose. 

"Awww~ how cute." Mina giggled and pecked Sohye's cheek. "My baby's ."

"Aish, I'm not..." Sohye coughed. "Maybe we should save 'this' when we reach the right age."

"Agreed." Mina nodded and wrapped her arms around Sohye's neck.

"I love you, Mina." Sohye smiled.

"I love you too, baby..." Mina spoke as she hugged Sohye tight.

It was official. Even if they'll get busy again, they remain strong for their love once more. And it wasn't the fact that were ideally dating but they were ideally each other's one and only.

=================

That was the story. Hope you guys like it. 

@Racheal_yue: Here's your request. I hope you like it.