Five

House of Cards (DISCONTINUED)

Jungkook POV

 It's been a while since I have thought clearly. These past six months have been a blur. Not an ugly sloppy blur like how I'm used to, but a beautiful, happy blur. It makes me a little sad that I can't remember every precious moment. Every stupid dance I've shared with Hoseok and Tae, every rap lesson with Namjoon and Suga. Yes we still call him that, it's never gotten old. The ones that I can't forget are the ones that make me blush subconsciously in class. Me sleeping over at Jimin's apartment complex after playing video games, that somehow in the middle of the night he curls up next to me, and I wake up a blushing mess. I don't understand it, I'm blushing right now just thinking about him, and yet every time I sleep alone, I think of Ji-young. I cry when I think about her for too long. I miss her smiles and her laugh. I miss the way she kissed the scabs and scars that Myung gave me. She's let me go by now, she's with a new guy. I can't let her go. But whenever I see Jimin, I stop thinking about her, the stress of school, my painful past. And I can smile without any weight on my shoulders. Today I think that I'll spend some more time with him. After all, his birthday is coming up soon, and I want to find out what he would like

Jimin's POV

 "Ah, what is taking Jungkook so long? We've been waiting for such a long time." Tae whined, playing with Hoseok's hair.

 "He shouldn't be long Tae-Tae. Just be patient." I said, checking my watch. I could tell that Tae wasn't acting impatient, he was worried. I was too because Myung just hasn't been giving him a break. Last time he came to my place, he had a bruise on his eye, and just pretended like everything was normal. He hasn't heard yet, but Myung and some girl named Ji-young have been passing out flyers with a picture of him on it, and the foul words on the papers almost made me gag. I hope that he hasn't seen them yet. I was really hyped for when he got here, not because we are going to the boardwalk today, but because I have great news for him. The company I'm with, iBigHit, was coming to our college to audition students. For the past six months, although Jungkook denies it, he has shown some serious talent. He's been spending lots of time with Suga and Namjoon, so he is learning how to write lyrics and rap. He also comes to the dance studio with me and Hoseok, and he is catching on quite fast. But the most amazing thing is his voice. I heard him singing one of the verses to a song that I performed about two years ago called Butterfly, and his voice was utterly breathtaking. I would say that he sang it even better than me. I know he might be reluctant to audition, but if I can convince him, I'm positive that he'll get in. Then maybe he can join the trainee group that Hoseok, Namjoon, Suga, and I am in. Jin is also a trainee for iBigHit, but he is an aspiring actor, so we are in different departments.

 I let my mind waver about possible futures when I felt someone hug me from behind.

 "Hey, Jiminie." I held still, trying my best not to frown. Tae and Hobi looked at the person hugging me. Lee Min-Jee, Myung's younger sister.

 "Uh..hey Min-Jee.." I said awkwardly, moving her arms from my shoulders.

 "Jiminie, why do you hang out with these guys? Why don't you come hang out with me and unnie again?" she said, pouting. She, unlike her sister, had straight black hair down to her elbows, and minimal innocent makeup. She also wore baby blue circle lens all the time. It made her look very innocent, but once you get past all the fluff, ruffles, and lace, she is just as bad as her sister. Maybe even worse.

 "Ah, sorry Min-Jee. I don't really want to hang out with her anymore." I said, scratching the back of my neck. Please just let her leave. She looked like she was going to convince me further, but then I heard Jungkook running up from the bus stop.

 "Oi! Hyung! Sorry I'm late!" Jungkook called. , this isn't good. Min-Jee might tell Jungkook about the flyers. Jungkook stopped next to me, and bent forward slightly, resting his hand on his knees, panting.

 "Well, at least come to unnie's birthday party next week. You can bring all your friends." Min-Jee smiled. "If you don't want to, I could just give you a flyer in case you change your mind." She said, reaching into her book bag. This ing ..

 "Uh, I don't need a flyer." I said thinking quickly.

 "You can take them anyway, I need someone to distribute them anyway." She said, her voice practically dripping is fake sugar.

 "N-no, I don't need them because I'm going." She pretended to look surprised.

 "Really! That's great oppa! Does your friend want a flyer?" She said, gesturing to Jungkook.

 "Uh, n-no! He doesn't need one, b-because he's coming with me." I said, patting Jungkook on the back a little too hard.

 "I am?" Jungkook asked, confused.

 "Well, the more the merrier! See you at the party oppa!" She said, and she skipped off.

 "God that girl disgusts me." Hobi said, wrinkling his nose.

 "Jimin, I can't go to a party! Let alone Myung's birthday party!" Jungkook wailed, rubbing his face.

 "Why not? I'd say it's a chance to show Myung that you have much more style than her." Tae says, trying to cheer him up.

 "The things you guys get me into.." Jungkook mumbled.

 "I've never even been to anything close to a party before! How can I show them I have more style when my wardrobe is only hoodies and jeans?" He asked.

 "Well, we can go shopping today instead of the board walk!" I suggested. Jungkook frowned.

 "I don't have money to shop hyung." I thought, and then I grinned. "That's okay! I can pay for you!" The look of surprise and embarrassment on Jungkook's face that followed nearly caused me to become a blubbering mess from how cute it was.

 "Um..y-you don't h-have to." He fumbled. I continued to smile.

 "I don't need to, I want to!" 

 

Jungkook POV

3 hours later..

 I stared in utter shock at Jimin. He had just bought me two shopping bags worth of clothes, a full makeup set, and was insisting that we all eat out. I've never seen someone spend so much money in such a small span of time.

"Hyung, this is a bit much, don't you think? I don't think I can fit all these clothes in my closet." I said, shifting the weight of the bag I was holding my other hand.

 "Honestly, I don't think that it's enough." I felt my mouth open, and I let out a defeated sigh.

 "Besides, I have a walk-in closet at my apartment complex, you can just put them there!" He said brightly while looking around at all the different restaurants that lined the walkway of the mall.

 "Hyung, it's going to be hard to get fresh clothes every morning when I live so far from you and school." I said.

 "Thinking practically, it would be quite hard for him to make it to class on time." Hobi said, his arm around Tae's shoulder.

 "Well, that is true..The simple answer as that he moves in with me!" Hearing that I coughed on the soda I was drinking.

 "H-hyung! Don't just drop a bomb on me like that!" I said. wiping my mouth with my sleeve.

 "It'll be easy! You basically sleep over almost every night anyways, so I think it's fine." I sighed. This boy is going to be the death of me.