Twenty-Six

House of Cards (DISCONTINUED)

Yoongi POV

I slowly turned the ruined lighter over in my hand. I made a final attempt to strike a flame, but it just made a dull click. The mechanism was completely wrecked, and there was nothing I could do to fix it. I shouldn't feel like this, it is just a lighter. I don't know why I felt like this, but there was a nagging pain in my chest. This lighter had pulled me through some tough times, and it saved my life. I sighed deeply and raised my eyes to stare at the bay. I wound back my arm and threw it as far as I could. As I heard it splash into the water the weight almost immediately was lifted from my chest. I smiled, and leaned on the railing, taking in the lovely smell. My thoughts were abruptly interrupted by Jungkook's running up behind me and throwing his arm over my shoulder.

“Aish, look at this hyung! Lost in thought again!” I chuckled lightly, and I saw Jimin walk up to us, his hands stuffed in his pockets.

“Jungkookie, don't be such a bully to your hyung.” He said, a large smile covering his face. Jungkook reluctantly let me go, and he was pouting.

“You're no fun.” He said, crossing his arms. Jimin offered his hand to Jungkook, and he happily took it. I glanced away and smiled slightly.

“Yoongi-hyung.” I heard Jimin say. I looked back to him and he was sticking his hand out towards me.

“What is this?” I asked suspiciously. He grinned.

“I forgot my gloves, and only one of my hands is warm.” I rolled my eyes and took his left hand. We walked along the path of the Mapo Bridge.

“Doesn't this place have so many memories?” Jungkook said. I nodded.

“A lot of memories. I want to make better ones.” Jimin said thoughtfully. I sighed.

“Jiminie, you should be a poet, you know that?” I said. He smiled.

“Maybe I will hyung. Maybe I will.”  Jungkook swung Jimin's hand back and forth like a child.

“My school dance performance is later tonight. You and the other hyungs should come watch.” Jimin tilted his head slightly.

“You think I would not come support you? You're crazy Jungkook.” Jungkook smiled. I'm so happy to see them both happy again. It makes me want to explode. However, I just smiled wider and held Jimin's hand tighter.

Jungkook POV

4 hours later..

I successfully landed my jump, and I heard the crowd scream. Several of the female dancers ran out from backstage and into their positions. The female standing in front of me put her hands on my shoulders, and I lifted her up by her waist. I threw her into the air, and she landed a backflip. We all quickly dispersed into a straight line. We each threw a peace sign to the crowd, and half the dancers faced the left, while the other half faced the right. We each did a front walkover, effectively splitting ourselves into two different lines. As the music came to a close, we all struck our finishing poses.

The crowd was up out of their seats cheering. We began to walk off stage, but I noticed Ji-young acting strangely. She was very pale and swaying. She suddenly lurched, and fell onto her hands and knees, and threw up. The crowd and the rest of the dance crew gasped. She was shaking like crazy, and she collapsed on her side. All the other dancers quickly ran around her shielding her from the crowd. I pushed my way through the crowd and up to her.

“Someone call 911, she needs fresh air!” I yelled, and I picked her up. With several of the dancers still surrounding me, we all ran for the emergency exit doors. We went outside, and I laid her down on the grass. I put my head to her chest and listened. Thankfully I felt it rise to graze my ear. She was still incredibly pale, though. I pulled my hands from underneath her, and I saw blood on the palm of my hand. I looked at the other dancers with a horrified look on my face. My eyes went back to her and were darting around, looking for the source of the blood. I rolled her over onto her side, and I saw blood leaking out of her jean shorts.

“Did she start her period?” A guy asked. I couldn't muster any words and I laid her back down on the ground. Several minutes later, an ambulance showed up and took her from us. She was placed on a stretcher and hauled into the vehicle which proceeded to speed away. Coming out of the building was the audience, and running up to me first were the members.

“Jungkook! What happened to her?” Taehyung asked worriedly. I pushed a bit of hair out of my face.

“I-I don't know. She just..collapsed.” I said. Jimin finally reached me, as he was being supported while running by Yoongi.

“Jungkook! That was so scary!” He said, kneeling down next to me. I nodded, and I quickly hugged him.

“I don't know if she's gonna be okay, hyung. I'm worried.” Jimin my hair.

“She'll be fine Jungkookie, don't worry. We can go visit her at the hospital.” Jin nodded.

“Well we have to go back anyway, Jimin needs to have his evaluation.” Jimin sighed.

“Don't remind me.” He retorted. We all stood up, and I turned to my fellow dancers.

“You all don't worry, I'll be sure to look after Ji-young for you guys. I'll call you later and let you know how she's doing.” They all nodded, and we broke off from them.

Two hours later..

After two hours in the waiting room, I was finally allowed to see Ji-young. I walked into her hospital room, and she was sitting on her bed, her hair up in a messy bun. Her eyes were red like she had been crying.

“Ji-young?” I asked nervously. She looked at me and smiled weakly.

“Hey, Jungkook.” She said, her voice very thick.

“Were you..crying?” I asked. She nodded, and she covered her face with her hands. “W..why were you crying? Were you..embarrassed?” She shook her head quickly. My eyebrows furrowed.

“Then..why were you crying? There's no reason to-” She cut me off mid sentence by throwing her arms around me and sobbing into my shoulder.

“Y-you don't..understand..” She cried out, clutching my jacket. I slowly rubbed her back with my hand.

“You can tell me Ji-young.” I said. She sniffed and pulled away. She wiped her nose with the back of her hand.

“Jungkook. I-I..I'm pregnant.”