Twenty-Two

House of Cards (DISCONTINUED)

Five years prior..

 "Seokjin! We're gonna go find the others, you go get gas!" I nervously my lips and nodded. I pulled up into the small run down gas station. 

 "Regular please.." I whispered out, not making eye contact with the person.

 "Uh, okay. Are you alright?" I lightly scratched the back of my neck.

 "Yeah, I'm fine. I'm..just not good with people." I heard a lighthearted chuckle. I finally glanced out the window for a split second. A tall, rugged, handsome man was leaning on my car, smiling at me.

 "I see, not everyone is so talkative." I let out an eep and pulled the lever on my seat, making it lean all the way back. "Seriously, though, are you alright? Were you one of the guys who got hit by my slushie last night? That got really crazy.." I leaned my seat back up, rubbing my face.

 "No..I remember you, though. Some guy was dragging me over to you." The man sighed as if remembering it as well.

 "I remember now. Kidoh saw you and thought he should introduce us. You know him from anywhere?" He asked. I shook my head. "Well, nice to meet you, I'm Kim Namjoon." I smiled weakly.

 "I'm Kim Seokjin. Sorry for acting so shy." He smiled.

 "Oh, it's no problem, guys as attractive as you can get away with just about anything." I stared at him wide-eyed. A large man came out from the small gas station shop. 

 "Kim Namjoon! Your shift is over. Clock out!" He yelled, tossing Namjoon an envelope. Catching it, he closed the gas cap.

 "Well, nice meeting you. See you around.' He mumbled, beginning to walk off. Biting my lips, I opened my mouth.

 "Hey!" I called out. He turned back. "I and my friends are heading to a party. Do you..wanna tag along? It's uh, a no invite kinda thing. It's no big deal if you crash it." He smiled at me.

 "I would, but I have to get home. Big underground thing happening later. Maybe you could show up." He said, walking back over, taking a small pack of sticky notes out of his pocket. Taking out a pen, he scribbled something down, then stuck the note on my forehead. He smiled, and turned around again, walking fully away. I looked at my reflection in the rearview mirror and realized that written on the note was his phone number. My cheeks flushed pink, as I hastily pulled off the note and stuck it in my glove compartment.

Present

Jimin POV

 "Park Jimin! You open this door right now! I'm not gonna ask you again!" I ignored Jin's scolding voice and I curled myself into an even tighter ball on the bathroom floor. "Jimin! You've been in there for hours, you need to let me in!" He continued, banging on the door.

 "Jin-hyung, let me handle this." I heard Jin sigh and walk away. After a few minutes of strange clicking noises, the door swung open. Yoongi set down two mangled bobby pins on the edge of the bathtub. "Jimin, you can't keep shutting us out like that. We're worried about you." He said, kneeling next to me. I glanced up at him and raised my head from the ground. I quickly threw my arms around his neck and began sobbing into his shoulder. 

 "Hyung, he was cheating. I can't believe him.." I said, gripping Yoongi's back tightly. His arms were hung at his sides, and he was staring at the ceiling.

 "I know Jimin, I know." He muttered as if he were at a loss for words. I continued to let out choked sobs, but they suddenly subsided as I felt Yoongi's arms wrap around me. He my hair. "Shh. It's okay. You're gonna be okay." He whispered. I was about to say something when I heard Jin walk back.

 "Jungkook hasn't come back to the dorm in three days. Namjoon and I are going to look for him. Yoongi, you're in charge until we come back." I squeezed Yoongi a bit tighter at the sound of Jungkook's name. 

 "I understand," Yoongi said, and I watched over Yoongi's shoulder as Jin walked away.

Jungkook POV

 I stared at my phone, watching one of the hundreds of fan cams pointed at me during my outburst. Now not only were many major foreign news sources were covering it, but now there were thousands of replicas strewn all over the internet, doomed to be stuck there like a haunting shadow for the rest of my life. "Well, there goes my carrer..And my relationship." I whispered, wiping thick tears from my face. I raised my arms to hide my face and sobbed. "What the hell am I gonna do now? Jungkook, you stupid, worthless, ugly jackass. Why did I ever agree to go on that god damn trip.." I looked back at my phone, reading an article. 

"Scum, he should be kicked out of BTS."

"Yeah, Jimin too. No need for gay fags in BTS."

"What if Tae is gay too? I always see him hanging out with Hobi-oppa."

"BTS should just disband already."

"Jungkookie Oppa, please kill yourself. Save your hyungs the trouble."

"Shut up, shut up, shut up!" I screamed, and I threw my phone at the ground. I heard the screen crack. I need to get out of here, but where? I looked around and saw a bus. I quickly got on and scanned my card. I sat down, continuously sobbing as the bus drove away from the stop.

Jin POV

"Namjoon, his phone signal is near! We must be close!" I yelled to Namjoon. I ran down the street, and I saw Jungkook's phone laying on the ground. I knew it was his, no case, Jimin's signature. It had to be it. I ran to his phone and picked it up. The screen was cracked to hell. I turned it on and put in his password. I saw the article and saw all the comments, my eyes widening. "Namjoon, we need to find him now! I think he's gonna do something!" Namjoon ran over and read the text. He looked around, looking for any clues at all. He saw an old man sitting on the stairs, smoking a cigarette. 

 "Sir, did you see a young man here?" He asked frantically. The old man nodded and pointed to the bus stop. Namjoon nodded. "Thank you so much." He said, and he ran back to me. "He got on that bus." Namjoon stated, pointing at the bus stop. My breathing quickened.

 "Namjoon, that bus runs to the Han River! He must be heading there! That means he's gonna- oh god!" I said, covering my face. Namjoon placed a hand on my shoulder. 

 "Calm down, we can still get to him." He assured me, and I nodded. The bus finally pulled up after a few minutes, and we hastily got on. I nervously counted the stops, until we finally arrived at the Han River. I leaped off the bus and ran down the pathway, Namjoon following close behind me.

Yoongi POV

 "Hyung, why are we still on the bathroom floor?" Jimin asked, asked. I looked at him suddenly, as I was just lost in thought.

 "Hm?" I responded dumbly. What kind of dunce am I..

 "Why are we still sitting on the bathroom floor?" He asked once more. I chuckled nervously. 

 "I don't know. For some reason, I feel very cozy.." I muttered. He snuggled his head into my neck. 

 "I see what you mean." He whispered. "Should I try and talk to Jungkook when he comes back?" The hand I was using to support Jimin's body weight curled into a fist. 

 "You should, I know that there must be some deeper meaning to this. I mean, he loves you. I know he does." I whispered. Jimin raised his head to look at me. 

 "Are you sure?" He questioned as if I could magically clear his doubts. I smiled weakly.

 "Yeah, I'm sure. He's crazy for you, Park Jimin." Jimin smiled back and nestled his head back into my neck, so I could only see a pile of silver hair. Although I tried very hard, I couldn't stifle my emotions as well as I had originally thought, and a single warm tear threatened to fall from my eyes. "He loves you."

Jungkook POV

I finally arrived at my destination, the Mapo Bridge. I walked along the bridge, letting my hand run along the railing. I passed my pictures, plaques, and a statue. I knew that many people jumped from here. I knew that many people survived, but I was determined to die. I found the highest point of the bridge, and leaned over the side, admiring the water. I closed my eyes, I thought of my family, they surely wouldn't miss me. I thought of the members. They would be so disappointed in my stupid outburst. They probably wouldn't even want to look at me. I thought of the fans, how they desperately wanted me to leave Bangtan, how every comeback we had they would complain about me getting all the major dance parts, or how my voice is overrated. How even they, who were once loyal to me, wanted me to die to save my hyungs the dishonor. I must confess, I have to agree. I touched my cheek, which was still swollen from Yoongi smacking me. I remembered the day we gave him the nickname Suga, how when he said that he was at the Han River we all thought he was going to kill himself. I remembered when I heard the song he was playing and I just understood. He knew I did. The song wasn't directed at all the members or the fans. I knew it was meant for Jimin. They once had something, I know it. The ferocity of the slap, his anger filled eyes, it explained everything. He was better off with him. I straightened up and hoisted myself up on the railing. A bunch of people gathered around and began recording. I took in a breath and began to speak.

 "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. You all built a new life for me, and I'm going to throw it away. You all shouldn't care about me so much, all my life all I've ever been was a mess up. I messed up my own life when I was born, and I'm correcting my mother's mistake. I truly do love all my family, my friends, the members, and my fans, if I even still have them. But that's why I can't keep existing. I love you all too much to be burdened by me. I love you. I love you." I could barely get out the last I love you, as my throat began closing up. I heard running footsteps, and I knew I didn't have much more time. I took in a breath. "Thank you all." I whispered, and I stepped off the railing.

 "Jungkook!" I heard Jin yell, and he quickly leaned over the bridge and grabbed onto my jacket. "Jungkookie, please don't do this. We love you too. You're not a burden. You can't do this to us. We need you." He said, a few of his tears hitting my forehead.

 "Hyung, I'm in pain. Let me go. I want to die." I heard someone in the background calling an ambulance. Namjoon came up behind Jin and began helping him pull me up. "What? No! Let me die! I'm begging you, just let me die!" I sobbed. Many men who were in the crowd came and helped them, and eventually, I had fully been pulled back up. "No no no! Let me go!" I screamed, realizing my window of opportunity, my one chance, was wasted. Jin wrapped his arms around me, holding me still.

 "Shh, it's okay Kookie. You're gonna be fine. I'm not letting anything happen to you. Never." He said. Namjoon knelt next to me and hugged me too. I felt warm and safe in their arms, but I could already feel the weight of doctors, therapists, journalists, and fans pestering me for the next few years. Somehow, though, in this moment, I realized that I need to stay. Now I know that me dying will only cause my hyungs more pain. I can't stand seeing them hurt, so I will hurt instead and endure. Like I always had. Just like the old days. Finally, I quieted, and suddenly exhausted, I fell asleep