Twenty-Nine

House of Cards (DISCONTINUED)

Jungkook POV

 My whole body trembled, shaky sobs escaping my lips, sounding almost like gasps for air. Ji-young knelt next to me on the floor, trying her best to calm me down. Her hand trailed gently up and down my spine, while her other hand lightly kneaded my left knee. Every now and then she began to hum softly, making a gentle tune which reminded me not my mother. I hadn't realized it, but she actually grew up a lot in the past five or so months. She was going to be a wonderful mother, and somehow, I almost felt no resentment toward her for trying to ruin me. She was confused, and Myung had manipulated her, so even though she hurt me, I can't hate her. I heard the door open, and Ji-young stood up slowly.

 "Jimin-ah, I'm glad you're here." She said. I wanted to raise my head to look at Jimin, but my head felt heavy.

 "Hi, Ji-young. There is lots of reporters outside, so I told Jin to wait at the back exit. Let me see Jungkookie." He said, the words rolling of his tongue quickly. He walked over to me, and knelt in front of me. He placed his hand on the back of my neck, and gently massaged it. "Jungkookie..it's me. We have to go now." He whispered. I looked at him, my eyes feeling like they had a million bricks on top of them. I nodded, and stood up. My legs were shaky, and I felt Jimin wrap a protective arm around my waist. We walked quickly down the hallway, Ji-young following close behind. Finally, we reached the back parking lot, where the employees normally park. I saw the large black van that Jin normally drives, and Jimin led me to the van. He opened the door and helped me in, then turned back to Ji-young.

 "Ji-youngie, do you want a lift?" He asked. After thinking for a few seconds, she nodded. Ji-young began to climb into the van, but stumbled slightly. Jimin placed his hand on she small of her back, and helped her the rest of the way in. My heart jolted slightly, and I began to imagine Jimin with his arm around the waist of Eunji. My breath slightly quickened, but I managed to hide it. Jin looked back at me, a box of tissues on hand. He passed them back to me.

 "Jungkookie, use these. Does your head hurt?" He asked. I nodded slightly, wiping my eyes with a tissue. Jin felt around, then passed back a bottle of water and two white pills. "Those are painkillers, take them." He said, turning back around and starting up the car. I swallowed the pills and took a sip of water. I glanced over at Ji-young, and I noticed her lips looked a bit chapped. I held out the water bottle to her, and she took it gratefully, and took a large swig.

Yoongi POV

 The music of the underground concert blasted loudly, shaking up my soul. I looked around, and laid eyes on a girl who had pulled down her mask and had taken a large sip of her soju. Her skin was pale, and since the light level was so low, her small creases appeared smoky and sultry. I took in a breath and walked over. She glanced at me once I got close enough. She flashed me a devious smirk, pushing her black hair over her shoulder. Now that I was closer, I noticed she was wearing black sweat pants which clung to her skinny hips, and her feet were clad with white and blue jordans rather than a pair of heels. She also wore an ped blue hoodie, which seemed much too big to fit her skinny form. 

 "Hi.." I said, thoroughly intrigued by this girl. She chuckled, flicking my nose. I raised an eyebrow.

 "Be careful, Agust. I'm not as easy as those other girls." She said. I was taken aback. No one had ever said something like that to me before. She was so open and direct, and not nervous whatsoever. In fact, she was sassing me right to my face. I half smiled, then my face became straight again. I slipped my hand underneath her hoodie, my fingers curled around her waist, and I brought her in close.

 "Noona, did you just sass me? No one does that to me.." I said, gripping her waist a little tighter. She smiled again.

 "Of course I did. I'm not one of your easy going . I'm not as easily impressed. You need to work harder to impress this noona." She said. I smirked, accepted her challenge. I forcefully walked her backwards and pressed her back against the wall. The hand which was originally curled around her waist dropped down to her hip. I was actually surprised on how prominent it was.

 "Noona, when was the last time you ate?" I asked, bringing my mouth close to the shell of her ear. She turned her head, and our noses were practically touching.

 "Friday. Why?" She replied. My breath suddenly got caught in my throat. That had been two days ago. Suddenly, it explained the smallness of her waist, her tiny and slim figure, her hollowed cheeks, her sharp jawline. Suddenly, I wasn't anymore. I pulled back and grabbed her by the hand, dragging her away from the concert. She just followed, however, I could hear her swearing and apologizing as I dragged her past people, bumping into more than a few. Eventually, we had reached a small cafe, and I was sitting across from her. We stuck out strongly in the cafe, since it was mostly students up late trying to finish essays, or couples cuddling sleepily as they waited for a ride home. A waitress walked over. First she looked at the girl across from me.

 "I don't have money. Ask him what he wants." She said, putting her hands up like she was being questioned in a detective's office. The waitress turned to me.

 "Can I have a set of beef and lamb skewers? And two water bottles." The waitress nodded, and walked off. I let out a breath, and glanced over at the girl across from me. It suddenly dawned upon me that I had no idea what this girl's name was. Maybe she sensed that I was going to ask her, so she answered.

 "Jiyeon. My name is Jiyeon." She said, making direct eye contact with me. Now that we were in even light, I could see that she wasn't wearing a drop of makeup. She looked bold and determined, almost like she had some secret mission to complete, and she was caught up in one of her side quests. "So, is this how you get the tougher girls? You find out about their struggles and you pretend to care until you can get into their pants? You don't need to do that, I hate people who fake these kinds of things. I'll get it over with so you don't have to waste your energy acting. Would you like that? Would you like me to blow you in the bathroom of this little cafe?" She said, her voice sounding devilishly attractive. As much as I felt by her voice, I decided to continue with what I was doing.

 "I'm not pretending. I am concerned. Are you a trainee? Because I've been where you are now, struggling to make money to get something to eat." She stared at me, and herface looked..amused? She let out a laugh, but this one wasn't playful, but instead, drained, soulless. 

 "You have no idea." She said. "But thanks for trying to understand." She stood up and was started walking away. I waited a few seconds, because I was thinking of letting her leave, but then something came over me. I quickly got up and walked to her and grabbed onto her wrist.

 "Stay and eat. I don't want to waste my money." She studied me.

 "I never asked you to." She said, trying to pull her wrist away. I tugged her towards me, so her hips were touching just below mine, since she was maybe three inches shorter than me. I could feel her strong hipbones, and her flat stomach seemed clenched in surprise.

 "You mouth didn't ask, your skinny body asked for it. Besides, you haven't eaten in two days. I insist." She finally sighed, and pulled away from me, walking back to the table and sitting down. I took in another breath, and walked back to the table as well. Once the food got there, I watched Jiyeon at her food a little awkwardly at first, like she wasn't used to it at all. Soon though, all the beef skewers were gone, and she was halfway through the lamb skewers. She wiped with a napkin, and took a sip of her water.

 "I can't eat anymore. You should pack up the rest and bring them home to your band mates." I looked at her, confused. I could tell she noticed, and she laughed, but it sounded actually happy. "I'm not a saesang, but you did say you were a trainee at some point. So you must have a group." I sighed awkwardly, remembering what I had said. 

 "Right. Do you want me to walk you home?" I asked. Her smile faded.

 "You can take me to the nearest motel." I knew instantly what she meant. She didn't have a home.

 "All the motels near here are full of drug addicts. You can sleep on my couch. I'm sure the others won't mind." She laughed again, a lovely smile on her face. I could tell she was completely dumbfounded. 

 "You're not serious?" She said. I nodded.

 "I'm dead serious." Her smile faded a little.

 "Fine, but I'm sleeping with one eye open. Don't want your friends to touch me." I smiled.

 "Trust me, they won't. They all are in loving relationships." I stated, sounding slightly proud, and slightly sad. She smirked.

 "Let me guess. You're the only single one, so you sleep withe everyone to fill the void where someone else should be. I feel you. But we should get going, it's late." My eyes were slightly wide. She was the first person to call me out on my behavior. It was like a smack which yanked me back down to reality. However, I just stood up and walked out of the cafe with her.

 As we walked, we simply talked. I told her about my rapping career, and I found out that she was also a rapper. I confirmed the fact that she was indeed my noona, since she was born in 1992, one year before me. I found out that she liked to compose music, and I excitedly told her that I did as well, thought after that, she didn't seem interested in talking about music. Instead, she began to comment of our surroundings, in a very poetic, beautiful way. For example, she stated that, "This warm late night spring breeze is really what I needed. It's better than eating a full five course meal at a fancy restaurant It makes me almost feel like I can take off and fly." It felt like an hour, but we finally got back to the dorm. I took out my key and unlocked the door. I walked in first, and the first person I saw was Jimin. 

 "Hey Yoongi, it's late, where have you been?" He asked. Jungkook was sleeping, his head leaned on Jimin's shoulder. I sighed.

 "I was at and underground concert. I brought someone home to spend the night, so clear off the couch. Jimin raised an eyebrow.

 "Who is it-" He started, and then he saw Jiyeon. He gasped loudly which woke up Jungkook, and they both fell off the couch. I looked at Jimin with wide eyes. Jimin quickly stumbled to his feet, and..he had tears in his eyes? 

 "Jimin, what is it?" I asked. I glanced back at Jiyeon, and was hanging open, her lips trembling.

 "N-noona?" Jimin choked out. Jiyeon stared at him, her eyes also beginning to fill with tears.

 "Jiminie..it's me." She said, her voice sounding like it would break. Jungkook stared at Jimin, just as confused as I was. Namjoon came out of his bedroom.

 "What is all this noise- HUH? Jiyeon-noona?!? He exclaimed. Jiyeon looked around the room, a warm smile creeping onto her face. Jimin quickly ran up to her and embraced her tightly. She let out a soft groan, since Jimin hugs very tightly.

 "Aish, Jimin. You hug tighter than when you were little. You grew up a lot." Jimin just buried his face into her hoodie and cried his eyes out. I glanced at Namjoon.

 "..Can you please explain this sudden family reunion?"