Eighteen

House of Cards (DISCONTINUED)

Jungkook POV

 

Girlfriend? Ji-young?

These two thoughts sprang up in my mind as my head shot up to glare at my brother. I raised an eyebrow but he avoided my expression by staring at the floor, clearly guilty.

“No,” I started determined to reveal the truth to my father “I am-“

“Now Jungkookie, why don’t you suggest some nice restaurants to Appa,” Hyung cut me off as I started to explain myself “you know, since he hasn’t been outside for a while and we need to leave a good impression on Ji-young and her father” He said giving me a look and mouthing ‘we’ll talk later’.

I just stayed silence crossing my arms as Appa invited us to a coffee shop close to the park.

 

After a few hours of catching up my brother stood up and said “How about I drop you off first Appa? And then I’ll drop Jungkook off at his dorm?”

“Dorm?” Appa question when a flash of anger formed on his face making me flinch away as memories started coming back.

“Uhm, yeah,” I scratched the back of my neck “I’m d-debuting”

“Oh,” Appa let out before he was aware of the fear crawling through Jungkook, and changing his frown to a sweet smile.

 

“Okay, you better explain this Jung-hyun” I spat out as he pulled out from Appa’s street.

“This? And respect yourself kid, I’m still your hyung” he asked gripping the wheel as I released a bitter laugh because this was really ridiculous.

“Don’t you dare to play dumb with me,” Jungkook muttered “I have Jimin and you know so, why would you tell Appa that I’m still dating Ji-young? Why would you want to ruin it for me when everything seems to be going the right way?” I said in a frustrated tone, waving my arms around as I felt more anger and rage because finally things seemed to moving in the right direction.

I have Jimin, I got my brother and Yoongi back, I solved all of these issues with my dad, but Jung-hyun still has to mess things up.

“Because dad wants grandchildren and you being with Park Jimin won’t give them to him” Hyung replied as he stopped at a red traffic light and looked at me.

“Oh did you ever think of adoption? Or about my opinion? Or even about you giving him those grandchildren? Why will I have to put my relationship at a risk?”

“I can’t ha- Nevermind those points Jungkookie, now please,” Jung-hyun started moving the car again “Please meet up with Ji-young and her father and we’ll see what goes on from there”

“I don’t want to hurt Jimin” Jungkook whispered “Please, it’s marriage, it won’t only ruin my relationship with Jimin but it will also ruin my career, hyung”

“Do it for me, just this one meeting” Jung-hyun spoke out “Only that one, then we’ll tell them that you broke up and that you’ve been fighting a lot recently”

“Yeah?” I asked after a moment of silence

“Yeah, trust me on this” Jung-hyun stated making me do nothing other than agree with him reluctantly.

 

***

“Hey, what happened? Who did you meet?” Jimin asked as I entered the door taking off my shoes.

“Can we talk about it tomorrow?” I replied sending him a small smile to which he responded and took my hand, dragging me to the couch and patting the spot beside him.

“Whatever it is, you have to calm down” He said sending me his eye-smile that made me fall for him even more “C’mon, sit beside me”

I sat down before he laid his head on my shoulder and took my hand in his, lacing our fingers together.

“My music video is coming out in 3 weeks” “He whispered giggling as he dark started surrounding them.

“Isn’t that confidential stuff, Park Jimin?” I raised an eyebrow before sending him a small smirk

“L-Let’s not keep things from each other okay?” He whispered as he lifted his head up to meet Jungkook’s bitter smile.

“I won’t keep anything from you, I promise I’ll tell you tomorrow” I said reassuring him as he dove in for a kiss that slowly turned into a heated one.

That’s how they picked up what they left off at the changing room.

**

“Hey, how have you been doing Mr.Kim?” I sent a polite smile as I shook hands with him.

“Oh, I’ve been fine Jungkook,” He replied with an affable smile “I’m glad you patched things up with you father” he nodded towards my father who was sitting beside me complementing Ji-young’s outfit.

“I’m so sorry I ran late, I was busy” I said trying hard to keep my blush from taking over my face because the disheveled look is not natural and maybe, just maybe, Jimin looked too y in leather pants.

“It’s fine, don’t worry about it”

45 minutes in and everyone got comfortable with each other, I shared a few jokes with the elder men and I also talked with Ji-young just like how you would talk to a friend, I didn’t miss her eyes that were filled with affection though.

“I have another joke,” Mr.Kim stated as he started making one of his dad jokes again which reminded me a lot of Seokjin in a kind of sense “I used to have a job at a calendar factory but I got fired because I took a couple of days off.” He said making Appa burst out laughing with Ji-young and I letting out a few awkward huffs of laughter.

After the elder men calmed down, Mr.Kim slid two pieces of paper towards me as Appa looked at me with adoring eyes.

“W-What are these?” I asked cautiously picking them up.

“Oh, it’s two tickets for Europe, you and Ji-youngie here will be going together”

“What?” I spoke out with a strained voice

“You youngsters have to spend some time together before marriage” Appa said laughing with Mr.Kim after the latter cracked another dumb joke.

“Excuse me?” I asked after clearing my throat “How long is this trip?”

“It’s for three weeks” Mr.Kim replied with a small smile, but he turned his face quickly so he didn’t get to see my fallen smile, or my eyes which were filled with anger and strain.

me again

****

(A/N: This was the first chapter from my co, MultiBiased. Please treat her with care! ~Rose)

(Hi, this is MultiBiased but I usually introduce myself as Yin, I'm very happy to be the co-author of this interesting story. Please support, love this story, and give feedback so that me the author and I can improve.)