Twenty-One

House of Cards (DISCONTINUED)

"Suddenly in my eyes, rain wells up, you well up. I see you even when I breathe. Love blooms like cherry blossoms, but burns and becomes ashes."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jungkook POV

I looked nervously at Ji-young who had just returned from the bathroom. She sat back down next to me. I handed her my water bottle, which she took a long sip from.

 "Ji-young, are you alright? You were in there for an awfully long time." She waved her hand at me, shrugging the question off. 

 "I'm fine, just a bit air sick that's all." I raised an eyebrow.

 "You've been sick for the past few days, maybe when we get back you can take a break from school." She shook her head.

 "Three weeks is a long time, and I have a school performance in ten days. I need to practice. No break." I scrunched up my mouth and leaned back into my seat. If there was one thing I could say about Ji-young is that she was addicted to practicing. Every chance she got, she practiced. She was devastated when she found out her dad didn't allow her to bring her dance bag, which was her pride and joy, so this trip probably felt more like a prison than a getaway. "We'll be back soon, Jung-hyun will drive you home, and you can fall into your boyfriend's arms. Okay? Don't worry about me."

 "Uh, okay then." I trailed off, biting my lip. Three weeks without kissing Jimin or holding him close was like torture. My mind began to drift imagining all the things I would do with him the moment we were behind closed doors. I shuddered at the thought. I leaned back into my seat.

Five hour time skip

Jimin POV

I was pacing around excitedly, and a smiled widely at Jung-hyun and Yoongi. Yoongi smiled back slightly, and then looked back to his phone.

 "Just a little more till Jungkook is back! I can't wait!" Jung-hyun smiled tightly.

 "I know you're excited, but don't do anything dumb. There are a bunch of fans around to see your PDA." He warned. I nodded, and plopped down next to Yoongi, throwing my arm around his shoulders. He gasped lightly in surprise. 

 "Don't surprise me like that. You're gonna give me a heart attack." I quickly withdrew my arm.

 "Sorry hyung." I said, slightly hurt. He looked at my face for a second, then quickly put his phone away. He touched my thigh.

 "I'm sorry Jimin, I didn't mean to come off as harsh. Forgive me." I looked at him, wrinkling my nose. 

 "It's okay hyung! No hard feelings." He smiled at me, then looked over my shoulder. I turned around and saw Mr. Kim and Mr. Jeon approaching us. They stopped in front of me. I quickly stood up and bowed. "Hello, I am Park Jimin, Jungkook's best friend. Please treat me kindly." I said quickly. I raised my eyes and made eye contact with Mr. Jeon. He smiled at me.

 "It's nice to meet you too, I am Jungkook's father. You have a music video coming out tomorrow?" I nodded quickly. Mr. Kim smiled.

 "Ah, you're so talented, just like Jungkookie and Ji-youngie. Such an inspiration." He said softly, his eyes studying me slowly. I smiled awkwardly, but then I heard a voice.

 "Appa!" I glanced in the direction and saw Ji-young running to her dad. She quickly jumped up and hugged him. I searched around and laid my eyes on Jungkook. I smiled widely and waved my arms. 

 "Jungkookie!" I called to him. He was probably ten feet from me. He dropped his bags and ran over to me. He embraced me tightly, but it was hardly a second before Jung-hyun and his father joined in. I groaned in disappointment in my mind, but simply just buried my face in Jungkook's neck. Eventually, we all pulled away.

 "Oh this is just wonderful, Jungkook, I'm sure you already have a good best man choice in mind!" Mr. Kim said brightly. I looked over at Jungkook confused. He didn't look at me.

 "Actually, Mr. Kim, I'm-" He began and he got cut off by Mr. Kim. 

 "Oh, I've already chosen a beautiful gown for Ji-youngie, lots of lace, you'll just adore taking it off her." He said, bouncing his eyebrows slightly. I stared at Jungkook, my mouth suddenly dry.

 "Wh-" He tried, but yet again he was cut off.

 "Oh, don't be modest Jungkookie, I've already seen how rough you are. You practically tore those clothes off my daughter. If you weren't my son-in-law to be, I'd give you a good beating, young man." I felt my mouth drop open. Jungkook turned to me, his eyes wide.

 "Hyung, I-" He started, but I took an envelope out of my pocket, ripped it in half and threw it at his chest. He reacted like he had gotten the wind knocked out of him and he stumbled back.

 "Don't speak to me again.." I choked out, and I ran off.

Jungkook POV

"Hyung!" I yelled as Jimin ran off. Yoongi's eyes were filled with anger. He stood up and smacked me hard across the face, before chasing after Jimin, calling his name. My father looked at me, surprised.

 "Jungkookie, what's the meaning of this?" He asked. Jung-hyun spoke up.

 "It's nothing appa, his friends are just-" Before he could continue I let my anger take control of me and I punched him in the face.

 "No not my friend. Jimin is not my friend." My father looked shocked.

 "Then what is he doing here?" Tears began welling up in my eyes.

 "Jimin is my love, not Ji-young. I love him, and I wanted to tell you, but Jung-hyun told me otherwise. Part of me was scared that you were dying, another part of me was scared that you would turn back into the monster that I have always feared. The monster who beat me constantly, the monster who took my brother away from me. The monster I caused me to be up late at night fearing that he would return. I'm sorry, but I can't do this. I love Jimin, and this could have ruined everything I have with him, because of all of you! One moment Ji-young, you told me to keep my mouth shut, then you told me that I should have told him when it was far too late!" I screamed. Ji-young looked away from me.

 "And you hyung, you told me that I had to give up my career, my passion, my relationship just so I could give my father children. Are you ing mad?" He rubbed his slightly swollen cheek. I took in several heavy breaths, and then I dashed off in the opposite direction, tears pouring from my eyes,

"I can't stand you crying, I want to cry instead, although I can't. "