Thirty

House of Cards (DISCONTINUED)

Yoongi POV

 I watched Jiyeon eat, her hollow cheeks pink from the warmth of the food. Her face was washed clean of any makeup, and she was wearing a pair of my sweatpants since I was the only one with a similar size to her. She looked like a teenage girl trying to stuff her face quickly because she was late for school. She glanced at me and swallowed.

 "You're staring." She said. I raised both of my hands in defense. 

 "Sorry, you just remind me of Holly." She opened , probably about to question who Holly was, but closed as if she just changed her mind. 

 "Jungkookie, stop!" I could hear Jimin's loud giggling from the couch. It was more than obvious that they had gotten into yet another tickle fight over the remote. I smiled slightly.

 "Jin, hurry up. We are going to be late for practice." I called, looking down at my watch. I saw Jin walk from his room, and he was limping a little. "Oh for crying out loud, I ing told you not to!" I said, very annoyed.

 "What? I told Namjoon to go easy, but he forgot! It's not his fault he's terrible at ice skating." He responded, easing himself down onto a chair. I riased an eyebrow.

 "Since when do you ice skate?" I asked. Jin rolled his eyes.

 "It was just for fun, but Namjoon slipped and dragged me down with him. You have to go by yourself." Jin said, sighing deeply. I groaned.

 "Fine." I said, getting up from my seat. Jiyeon quickly got up.

 "I'll go with you!" She said loudly. Realizing her volume, she lowered her voice. "If that's okay with you, of course." 

 "I guess that's fine. As long as you can keep up." I said, smirking slightly. She looked a bit shocked, but she smirked back.

 "Bring it." She said, leaning forward and flicking my nose. I scrunched up my face and walked to the door.

A little while later..

 I twiddled my pen between my fingers, trying to come up with good lyrics. I glanced behind me and saw Jiyeon reading my lyrics over my shoulder.

 "What are these for?" She asked, her eyes scanning over my paper. I shrugged.

 "Just some words I'm playing around with. Nothing special." She held out her hands, and I took that as a sign to hand her the paper. 

 "These are good. Rap or sing?" She asked. 

 "I don't really know. If you want to try giving it a beat or a melody, be my guest." I said, spinning my chair around to face her. She cleared , and lowered her eyes to the paper.

 "I can't bear it, have a feel, so sweet," She began, her thick accent making the english hard to understand. I could tell she was nervous. She slightly raised her eyes up to me, then glanced back down at the words. "Just like the awkward first wine we had, oh~" She sang, her volume getting a bit louder. I shifted slightly, closing my eyes. Her voice was delicate, almost as if she was scared to sing.

 "It is bitter and painful, but I will hold them fully in my eyes, and let you go like they way they fall from my eyes." I opened my eyes and saw that her eyes were closed, but her lashes looked wet. "I am drunk on you. I am drunk on this night. In the memory of you being mean to me, I'm wandering in this memory looking for you."

 "Jiyeon.." I said softly, but I didnt think she could hear me. 

 "I'm just going to forget you, I want to know your heart, boy. Just forget me please, baby please don't go." She slowly lowered the paper, and looked back up at me. I tried to think of something to say to hide how impressed I was.

 "I thought you said you were a rapper. You can't possibly be one with that gentle voice." I said, chuckling. She softly sniffed. 

 "I am a rapper. I can rap." I crossed my arms.

 "Oh yeah? Prove it. Rap something. Right now. Freestyle." I said. sitting up straight. She took in a shaky breath. 

 "Fine, take a good listen Agust." She said, cracking her knuckles. 

 "Go ahead, I'm listening." I said, leaning back in my seat.

 "Yo. I trust myself, more than anyone else honestly the past. Had needless this and that started as an idol. Squeeze in among numerous idol and find my place. Was young, but soon became acknowledgeld." I stared at her, trying ton read her face. Her flow was awkward at first, but she seemed to be beginning to get comfortable.

 "Glam's leader. Started of well. From now on.you guys just trust me. Company just supports B-Girl unni, I'm pushed more and more to the back hide, lose my place to stand turned upside down and covered." I raised my eyebrows, intrigued. Glam? That sounds so familiar.

 "That class suits well. The issue is the '5billion threat girl' had stopped activities and read the an unexpected shock. Nobody know that I was at the edge of a cliff, now I won't act like then, coerced to remain silent." I stared at her in silence, and I noticed she had started to cry, and she hid her face with her hands. I don't know what came over me, but I wrapped my arms around her skinny body and pulled her close. In this moment, I remembered her. I rembered Glam. I remembered the scandal. And I realized why she was going through all this pain. She lost her job, her passion, her love, her sisters. Her members. That is the worst nightmare of a group leader, to fail to keep the group together. Her sobs were short and shaky, and she slowly wrapped her arms around my neck, and muffled her sobs into my neck. 

 "I'm sorry." I mumbled, holding her tighter. I glanced up and saw Hoseok standing at the open door of the studio, his eyes wide.

 "Oh, Jiyeon-noona." He said, quickly walking over, and hugging her as well. Jiyeon raised her head and smiled at him. I heard two other people walk in and I saw Jimin and Jungkook.

 "Oh, are we doing a group hug?" Jimin asked, running over and joining the hug. I could see Jungkook slowly begin to walk over, looking quite shy, before joining in as well. In this moment, I vowed to myself to get her career back. To get her passion back. To get her members back. I just knew that I had to. Somehow..