Twenty

House of Cards (DISCONTINUED)

Jimin’s POV

“Hey,” I heard Yoongi’s voice as pushed the door open. I looked up from my fetal position on the bed before sending him a small smile. “Jin hyung told you that dinner will be ready in an hour, but it’s been 3 hours, Jiminie.”

“O-oh really?” I stuttered before sitting up and patting my hair down, trying to get my bangs to cover my tear-filled eyes.

“What’s up?” Yoongi said suddenly laying down beside me on the bed staring at me with his tired eyes, he had evident black bags under his sharp eyes it’s a proof of how much he gave up for his dream.

It’s burdening to tell someone so tired my own petty problems, but it’s Yoongi hyung. He’ll know what to do.

I didn’t need to have the inner battle as Yoongi placed his hand on my thigh and held eye contact with me as he said “You can tell me anything, you’re my friend and I’m always here for you.”

“Jungkookie is hiding something from me,” I said before laying back down and placing my head on his chest. “We promised that we’ll tell each other everything, and he seems to have broken this promise after two days, I just don’t know what to do…” I was sobbing now from frustration, despair, and longing. I already miss him, I wanted him to be waiting beside me, holding my hand tightly as we watch the music video and the comments rushing in, but I guess that’s never going to happen. Not with him being on a vacation with Ji-young, with this thought, doubt start rushing in as I sobbed more and as more tears slipped.

“He’s n-not che-cheating on me, right?” I asked with choked sobs leaving my mouth “Not after everything we went through, right? Not after we were both beaten up, assaulted, and threatened, right?”

“He is definitely not cheating on you Park Jimin,” Yoongi said after my sobs turned into hiccups “He is so crazy for you, he is so in love with you so he won’t do anything like that, but there is something going on.”

“You think s-so?” I question raising my head up from his chest and exchanging eye contact.

“Yes, but I’m not saying that you should do nothing about him, you should ask him and get the truth because you deserve to know what’s going on just as much as he deserves to know what’s going on in your life.” He said sending me a small smile before patting my head making me smile softly.

“How about the dinner you skipped?” He asked and Jimin’s loud stomach growl answered for him.

“I think this was a good answer,” Jin said appearing in the doorway “C’mon Jiminie, come eat”

“Didn’t you all eat already? “I asked giggling as Jin gave me a look of disbelief

“We didn’t” He spit out rapidly “How dare you? You think we will eat without you, hell no, I’m going to be stuck with you forever and you’ll never be allowed to skip dinner as long as I am here which is forever so you better be happier and not skip any dinner and tire me, you ungrateful brat” He spoke so fast without taking a breath between. His face was red which made me and Taehyung who joined us in the room laugh so hard, it honestly made me feel much better.

*****

“You know it’s hard to simply let the matter go on for the next 3 weeks,” I spoke out as Yoongi and I sat together in the studio a few days after “but it’s much better after I talked to you about it, thank you so much hyung”

“You deserve it, you have been just as understanding with me Jiminie.” Yoongi spoke out with a gummy smile planted on his face.

“I’m telling you, he loves you and he won’t do anything to hurt you,” He spoke out again as I looked down and let my insecurities and questions show “He’s crazy for you, Park Jimin.”

I glanced up at him, and he had a small smile on his face. I returned the smile, and stood up. "Thanks for the advice hyung." I said, much happier. "I'm gonna go get Tae so we can practice." He nodded, and he watched me leave the room.

****

"You two are so beautiful, you were made for each other. How I envy you.."

****

Third POV

“I’m crazy for him, you know?” Jungkook spoke out as he sipped his drink.

“I know, I feel the same about my boyfriend, but we haven’t been through things as much as you,” Ji-young spoke as they sat down for a moment of silence just observing each other.

“I-I’m glad you found someone Jungkook,” Ji-young said sending him a tear-filled smile “I felt so guilty for leaving you just like that, but I’m so happy that you got to stand on your own now.”

“I-I’m happy too,” he replied with his eyes wide, he didn’t expect her to open this sensitive topic “I treasure our memories, of course, but I’m glad you left me because I have one of the world’s sweetest men now.”

“Yeah, you seem happy with him and he seems so happy with you,” Ji-young smiled “Which is why you should explain this situation to him Jungkook.”

“He needs to know, or he’ll think that you’re cheating on him, that you’re breaking the trust you both built, you need to tell him everything.” She continued, sipping from her wine glass and wrinkling her nose.

“Yeah, of course, I’m planning to tell him everything once we both go back, I actually planned to tell him the day after our fathers told us but when I stood in front of him I froze and I couldn’t do anything back then, which frustrated me, and I think he thought I was mad at him,” He said as Ji-young shot him a glare “I know it was wrong, which is why I’m so guilty right now.”

“Jeon Jungkook, what is this?” she raised the black square object in her hand.

“A…phone?” He answered but it came out more as a question because he was so confused about her pretty dumb question.

“Exactly a phone…. you know its purpose?”

“Communication?” He asked again raising an eyebrow in concern for his friend.

Why is she asking such dumb questions?

“Exactly, communications so you can simply pick it up and dial Jimin’s number and apologize,” Ji-young said. Jungkook burst out laughing. "What's funny?" She asked.

Jungkook wiped a tear from his eye. "We're in France, Ji-youngie. Your service only supports calls from Asia." Ji-young laughed as well.

"I forgot, oops." She mumbled, a slight slur in her voice. Jungkook reached out his hand and touched Ji-young's arm.

"Dude, are you drunk?" He asked, trying to take her glass away. She pulled her glass away and finished it.

"Are you?" She shot back. Jungkook slowly shook his head, yawning.

"I only had one glass, you lightweight." Ji-young laughed again.

"I'm gonna go put this away." She stated, picking up the bottle of wine. Jungkook yawned again and kicked up his feet on the table. Ji-young walked from the balcony. Rubbing his temples, he began feeling a strange weight on his head.

"Ji-youngie! Get me some aspirin please!' He called. He didn't get a response. Jungkook stood up and walked back inside. He saw Ji-young propping herself up on the counter. "Yo, you okay?" He asked.

"I'm okay, my head just feels, strange.." She mumbled. Suddenly her body tensed up and she fell down, the wine bottle shattering underneath her.

"Ji-young?" Jungkook asked, a tinge of panic in his voice. He stumbled towards her, but suddenly all his muscles tensed up and he fell. "Ji-young!" He called.

"Jungkook, I can't..move." She whispered before falling silent. Jungkook tried his hardest to crawl towards her, but his vision went dark.

****

"You thought it would be that easy, well you were wrong. There is nothing you can do to stop this."