Two

House of Cards (DISCONTINUED)

WARNING! CHAPTER INCLUDES SUGGESTIVE THEMES AND VIOLENCE! IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE TO ABUSIVE CONTENT, DO NOT READ THIS CHAPTER! VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED!

 

~Jungkook POV~

..Dream..

 

 I gripped my side as I hissed in pain. I felt a drop of blood trickle down my cheek. Glass shards and broken pieces of wood lay around me. My father was sitting in a corner, his face buried in his knees. A broken and bloody whiskey bottle was gripped in his left hand. I lolled my head to the side, and stared into the lifeless eyes of my brother. "You..you killed him.." I sputtered.

 "J-Jungkook, I swear. I didn't mean to. I didn't mean to." My father raised his eyes, which were red and still slightly glazed. He started crawling over to me. I scooted back.

 "Don't you dare come near me." I said with gritted teeth. I forced myself up, and looked at the broken mirror on the wall. I had a cut across my cheek, probably from a piece of flying glass. I glared at my own broken reflection. 'This is all my fault.' I thought, and I turned my face away from the reflection. Tears stung in my eyes, and I flipped up my hood. I walked to the door, and pulled on my old shoes, and grabbed my backpack.  

"Jungkook, you won't survive out there. Don't leave." I paused and bit my lips.

 "I don't care. As long as I'm not here with you." I spat and walked toward the door.

 "Jungkook, don't be stupid, you can't-" I slammed the door behind me, not wanting to hear anything anymore. "Jungkook-ah! Jungkook-ah! Jungkook!"

 

..Dream end.

 

 I sat up and gasped. "Jungkook-ah, you're burning up." I saw a strange man crouching in front of me, with his hand on my forehead.

 "Hyung, you were talking too loud. You woke him up." I suddenly cringed, and snapped my head toward the new voice. I saw a man sitting on what seemed to be a beanbag chair. He had a very nervous stance, dark concerning eyes, and stunning orange hair. And he had the voice.

 "I think you're scaring him more Jimin." The man removed his hand from my forehead.

 "W-who are you?" I stuttered, sitting up and kneeling on the bed.

 "I'm Min Yoongi. Jimin found you in real bad shape last night. Lee Myung's work I'm guessing." I gulped, and my throat felt dry.

 "How do you know my name?" I asked, my lips nervously.

 "Your student ID. Sorry if us going though your stuff made you uncomfortable. You seemed fine after I cleaned you up, but fifteen minutes ago your face got really red and you were sweating a lot. Drink this." Yoongi held out a bottle of water. I took the bottle and took a few sips.

 "Thank you. You didn't have to do all this." I said, lowering my head with gratitude.

 "Hey, it's no problem. That will get what's coming to her." Yoongi replied.

 "I have to get to work," I muttered. "I don't work far from here, at a restaurant." I put down the bottle of water.

 "That's okay! We can get lunch from there, so you can sort of hang out with us on your shift!" Jimin said, looking quite pleased with himself from the idea.

 "Um, sure. That would be nice." No, Jungkook, what are you doing? You can't have these people over, you might get distracted and mess up, and then Chulsoon will have his way with you again. Besides, you barely know these people, and-

 

 "Okay then. It's settled." Jimin's cheerful voice took my mind off the negative thoughts, and I smiled.

 "Jungkook, you can use the bathroom to change. I noticed you had a spare set of clothes in your bag." I looked toward Yoongi.

 "Uh yeah, I'll be right back." I got up and walked into the bathroom, taking my backpack with me. I pulled on a clean pair of black jeans, and slowly pulled off my shirt. I looked at my back in the mirror, and saw three faint scars. I remember when I had got into a fight with my dad and he scratched my back so hard it drew blood, and eventually it scarred. I sighed. I hope Jimin didn't see that, I thought. Park Jimin, the man who for some reason that I don't understand has the same voice that helped me all my life, a very famous singer, is in the next room. I buried my face into my hoodie and let out a muffled cry, a mixure of confusion and excitement. I pulled on my white t-shirt, and put my grey hoodie over it. I came out of the bathroom. Yoongi and Jimin were standing at the door. Both Yoongi and Jimin were wearing dark blue jeans. Yoongi was wearing a white sweater with the word SWAG on it, and Jimin was wearing a black and white baseball jacket. I felt plain just looking at their nice clothing.

 "Ready Jungkook?" Jimin asked brightly, giving me an eye smile. I nodded. I saw that my shoes were at the doorframe, they probably put them there when they first took me here. I pulled them on and walked out of the dorm. Yoongi offered me a black surgeon mask, which I took.

 "Some girls are crazy of Jimin, so they might bombard you at your house," Yoongi said.

 "Hyung, they aren't all bad." Jimin whines, reluctantly putting on his mask. "You'll thank me later," Yoongi grumbled, pulling up his own mask. I felt so out of place walking with these people. I stuffed my hands inro my pockets. After a few minutes of walking, I stopped in front of the restaurant.

 "This is the place," I said, pushing the door open. Yoongi and Jimin followed me. "You guys can sit at a booth I guess. I need to go to the kitchen." I said quickly and walked into the back room. Just as I had pulled on my apron, I heard a squeal, and coming up behind me was Tae.

 "Jungkook, Park Jimin is out in a booth right now! I think I'm going to faint!" Tae rambled.

 "Tae, calm down," I said laughing softly.

 "I'm going to go take their order! He might give me a big tip, and we can go to that karoke place again!" Taehyung grabbed his writing pad and walked back to where Jimin and Yoongi were sitting. I was in the kitchen, and I heard people start coming in. Some were regulars, but some were just here to leer at Jimin. I know that he is famous, but he needs his space. I do not understand why people have to invade his privacy. I made sandwiches, and started a pot of ramen. I pressed the bell to let Tae know the orders were ready.

 "Kook, I need help serving the plates, there are too many!" Taehyung complained.

 "Uh..O-okay." I said, and I took a few trays and started serving people. I passed by Jimin and Yoongi's table a few times, and they struck up conversations with me. Wow, I'm better at multi-tasking then I thought. I continued going between going in the back and cooking, serving customers, and talking with my new found friends. I was enjoying myself quite a bit when I felt someone bump into me. The tray of drinks in my hand swayed, and a single one tipped over, spilling onto Jimin's nearly empty plate, a little of the soda getting on his jacket. I was about to apologize when I heard a chilling voice.

 "Jeon Jungkook! My office! NOW!" Chulsoon said, half looking mad and half smirking. Without protesting, I delivered the rest of the drinks and walked toward where his office was.

 

Jimin POV

 

 "..and then they all ran away," Yoongi said.  

 "No one wanted to face the wrath of Min Yoongi." Jungkook commented. I coughed on my drink at what Jungkook said.

 "Damn skippy. Moral of the story is, don't get between me and my sleep." I was about to laugh, when a guy came up behind Jungkook and bumped into him. The tray he was holding wobbled, and one drink toppled over and spilled onto the table, splashing me a little. The same guy behind Jungkook  practically yelled,

"Jeon Jungkook! My office! NOW!" Jungkook didn't even protest that it wasn't his fault, and he went quiet and pale. He served the rest of the drinks, and walked to a back room.

 "What the actual ? That wasn't even his fault. What a jackass." Yoongi said, using a napkin and wiping up the mess. I barely addressed what Yoongi had said, and I looked toward the door that Jungkook had just walked through.

 "He's probably just going to scold him, Jimin-ssi. WE can wait here for him if it makes you feel better." Yoongi reassured me. I nodded. After a few hours, most of the people had cleared out and had gone back to work after the lunch break, and the midday sun had been replaced with clouds. The waiter walked out of the kitchen wearing casual clothing.

 "You guys are still here? You finished your food hours ago!"

 "We are waiting for a friend," I said, smiling, but it couldn't hide the worry in my eyes.

 "Are you friends with Jungkook? So am I! I'm Kim Taehyung! Nice to meet you!" He said cheerfully. 

"You're..enthusiastic," Yoongi said, staring at Taehyung. "Uhm, Taehyung, does your boss normally scold you for this long?" I asked.

 "I don't know, He's never scolded me. Jungkook gets scolded a lot, though. Sometimes, I think Chulsoon-nim does it on purpose. He's mean sometimes." Taehyung sighed and sat down next to Yoongi, resting is cheek on his hand.

 "What a ." Yoongi replies, his eyes looking clearly pissed off. I cleared my throat, wanting to change the subject.

 

 "So, Taehyung. Can I know a bit more about you? And if you know stuff about Jungkook, that would be interesting too."

 "Well, I'm in my fourth and last year of college,  and I'm 22. Jungkook is two years behind me at the college that's near here. Jungkook doesn't get a lot of money help, so he works here and I think sometimes he delivers newspapers. He doesn't talk about his family a whole lot, but during the holidays, he says that he goes and sees them, so I don't really contact him. Although sometimes I wondering he actually leaves Seoul, because once I could have sworn that I had seen him at a bus stop coming back from a shift at the restaurant while I was with my younger brother." Taehyung said thoughtfully.

 "It is amazing that you are not out of breath after talking that much." Yoongi said.

 "Well, everyone says that I'm good at talking." Taehyung smiled. I heard the door open, and I turned to look. I saw Jungkook, walking unsteadily out of the office.

 "Jungkook, what took so long?" I asked. He looked at me with shock. "Y-you're still here?" He stuttered.

 "Yeah, Kook, they were waiting for you." Taehyung said. Jungkook's shocked look disappeared. 

"Oh, uh well, we should go now." Jungkook said slowly.

 "Yeah. We were going to go to an arcade. You can tag along if you want!" Taehyung said smiling.

 "Sure, that sounds fun." Yoongi replies.

 "Uhm, actually, I don't feel well. I'm just gonna go home. Bye." Jungkook said, and quickly ran out of the restaurant.

 

Jungkook POV

 

 I ran down the street even though my legs hurt and the cold late afternoon air stung my skin that has so recently been covered in sweat. I don't know why I ran away. They had waited hours for me, and I turned them away. I always just pushed everyone away. I pushed away my ex, I pushed away Tae, and now I'm pushing away these new kind people that had saved me from Myung. My feet were cracked and full of scars, but some force inside me told me to run from everyone. It has been there ever since what happened to my brother. I just have to run. I don't have a choice. My legs suddenly went weak, and I fell to my knees. My hands scraped against the pavement. I looked at my slightly bloodied hands, and tears fell from my eyes into my palms. I'm not worth anything, I'll only ever push people away, and run like a coward. I let out cries that came from deep within my soul. I heard the sound of running feet. I didn't look up, and I felt strong arms wrap around me.

 "Jungkook..don't cry, please. What happened? Please tell me. I know we only just met, but I care about you, and I can't stand seeing someone so hurt." Jimin whispered into my ear. I wrapped my arms around him after a few seconds.

 "Jimin, I'm broken." I choked out.

 "Shh..just get up. Come somewhere with me so we can talk okay? Promise to tell me what happened." I nodded.

 "Yoongi, call Jin. Whatever Jungkook has to say, Jin can probably help." Jimin my hair, muttering soothing things into my ears. It almost made me forget my reality. Almost.