Twelve

House of Cards (DISCONTINUED)

Jimin POV

 I sat quietly in the back of the cab, wearing one of Jungkook's oversized hoodies, the one that he wore the first time I met him. I could still smell his distinct earth smell. I shouldn't have let him leave. The cab pulled up outside the hospital.

 "Thank you for the ride." Yoongi said, paying the cab driver. Moments after the accident, Yoongi came to my apartment because I did not answer his calls. He found me trying to slash my wrists, but considering I'm a failure at everything, I couldn't figure out the proper angle. I quietly followed him into the hospital. I sat mutely in the waiting room, and the doctor examined me.

 "It didn't cut too deep. I'll just bandage it up for you." I simply nodded, and let the white scratchy bandages cover the ugly red marks. I left the hospital room and made my way to Jungkook's room, and as I pushed the door open, I saw Ji-Young sitting on the bed next to him, holding his hand up to her cheek and sobbing.

 "Jungkook..I'm so sorry.." She wailed, not even caring to notice that I was there. After a few minutes of standing however, she did see me. She scoffed. "What the hell are you doing here?" She asked bitterly.

 "I could ask you the same." I said blankly.

 She stood up with a huff. She pulled something silver out of her bag.

 "Try cutting deep next time, jackass." She spat, throwing two razor blades at my feet. I glanced from them back up at her.

 "You can't say anything you lying ." I said through gritted teeth.

 "We have more in common than I thought." She said, laughing humorlessly.

 "Fine, I'll slash my wrists. Only if you do it too, promise." I said, giving her one of my eye smiles. She laughed.

 "I, unlike you, have been there way longer for Jungkook. The only reason I rallied with Myung is because she lied to me. And because of her, I'm going to lose my ing best friend!" Ji-Young screamed, going in front of me and banging her hands onto my chest. I stared at her.

 "You seem great at this acting thing. I thought you were a dance major like Jungkook." I said. She glared at me.

 "I'm not acting. I don't know if Jungkook told you, but I've known him since he was fifteen. I took him in. He trusted me, and I trusted him. I hardly care if he doesn't love me, because he was my only real friend. Do you honestly think anyone likes hanging out with Myung?" She said, tears welling up in her eyes.

 My face slightly softened.

 "No friends huh?" I said. Ji-young wiped her eyes.

 "Yeah, and now I'm going to lose my only friend, because Myung lied to me. Because you didn't just let that video be uploaded and be there for him. Because the doctor doesn't ing know how to wake him up. Because I was too stupid to call Myung's bluff. Because no one-" I cut Ji-Young off by pulling her into a hug. Not because I cared for her, I hardly did. Not because I felt anything toward her. She just seemed to pitiful, too hopeless.

 "Ji-Young, I'm sorry." I said, pulling her tighter. She only slightly stuggled in my embrace before relaxing.

 "Jimin-ah, you are as nice as the fans say you are." She whispered, burying her face into my shoulder.

 "Just to be clear, I'm not doing this because I care for you. It's just too pitiful to see you crying like a dying donkey." She snorted, covering with her hand, using her other hand to push me away.

 "Way to ruin the moment, Jimin." I shurgged. She thanked me again, picked up the razor blades, and left the room.

 I sighed, and plopped down onto the chair next to Jungkook's bed.

 "Yo, Jungkookie. I'm hapy you're alive." I said to Jungkook's sleeping body. I pulled down the bandages, and the slash on my right wrist was slighly curved, into a hald tear drop shape. "Gonna leave one hell of a scar. The fans will probably get a tattoo on their left wrists so it could be a heart or something. What you would call 'cringey'." I pulled the bandages back up. I sighed. "Look at everything I've done to you Kookie. When you wake up, you'll probably switch schools, switch companies, and forget about me. I wouldn't blame you for a second. I couldn't for get about you though. I mean, I sort of owe my life to you. If you had been paying attention and not gotten hit by a car, I would have eventually found the right angle." I chuckled dryly.

 "Your humor is awful hyung." I looked back at Jungkook's face, only he wasn't sleeping. He was smiling. "And guess what Jiminie." I was completely dumbfounded.

 "W-what?" I asked stupidly. Jungkook held up his left wrist, and pulled down some bandages. A deep, tear drop shaped sewn up gash was underneath.

 "And um, sorry for the scare." I couldn't contain my happiness, I jumped onto his hospital bed and gave him a huge hug. "By the way, I'm glad you and Ji-Young are friends now." Huh? What is this kid talking about.

 "..What do you mean?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. Jungkook giggled.

 "I was pretending to sleep, at least after you and Ji-young were screaming at each other. Can't catch a wink of sleep in this place." I laughed.

 "You little ." I said, smiling into his chest.

 "Correction. I am your little ." I rolled my eyes, and raised my head up and kissed him. The door opened.

 "..Well Jimin-ah, I guess you aren't just a friend." I turned and saw a man. I looked back at Jungkook.

  "Who's this?" I asked, a bit worried. "Hyung! You weren't a hallucination?" The man chuckled. He walked up beside me, and stuck out his hand.

 

"Jung-Hyun, pleasure to meet you Jimin. I'm glad to see you awake dongsaeng." Jungkook was just as appaled as me as I took Jung-Hyun's hand and shook it.

 

(A/N this is the relief chapter. More content is to come, more conflict, there will be a large time skip though, be ready for that readers! Sorry if it is a bit short)