Another Broken Promises

Final Call
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

He parks his car and runs as fast as he can into the emergency room, announcing the person he has to see to the nurse station only to be told that Kang Seulri is currently in the O.R, getting major surgery because of massive blot clotting.

Teacyeon gets himself to the O.R, tries his best to calm down while his heart is racing like mad. How could this have happened? Kang Seulri might not be the best driver out there but she’s not reckless either, if she’s taken to the O.R for a next emergency procedure, it only means the impact was awful and she could be dying inside.

He’s walking back and forth in front of the frosted glass door, putting his hand together in front of his face, silently whispers his prayers for her well-being. He knew how much she endures lately, she just had a total melt down last week and he was there to witness it all.

For all the seven years he’s known her, he only remembers Seulri cried twice, the first one was when they had for the first time and the other one was last week. She was never the person that opens up about her problems to him, but Taecyeon learned to read her through her cold expression. It doesn’t take a genius to know that’s she’s dead and broken in the inside but he also knew she’s just a pure and sweet girl that was faced with continuous struggles.

“Excuse me,” a bulky man interrupts his thoughts. “Do you happen to know the girl that’s now in the inside?”

Taecyeon looks at him, he looks like somebody in mid fifty that looked too tired from doing a hard work. The old man squints his face and he has this apologetic look in his eyes.

“Ng, I know her. Do you know her?”

The man suddenly just drops on his knees while he lifts and gathers his hands together to make a pleading gesture in front of him.

“I’m sorry.” He starts to cry, “I nodded off while I drive in the curve, I didn’t see her car on the opposite road and I just crashed into her. I’m so sorry.”

He gets mix feeling in his heart, he wants to be mad to the man but at the same time he understands the guilt that must have been bothering him at the moment. After all it was an accident and Taecyeon knows the man didn’t do it on purpose, the fact that he follows Seulri and waited for her in front of the O.R is already amazing for him.

“Please forgive me, she’s so young and she doesn’t deserve any of this. I would trade my life for her if I could, sir. I’m so sorry.”

“Ajjushi, please get up.” Taecyeon grabs him by his upper arms and pulls him to stand up, “Instead of crying and begging for forgiveness, why don’t you tell me what happened.”

The old man wipes his tears then closes his eyes, trying hard to recall the accident that he can’t really remember also.

“It happened so fast,” He stutters, “I took a big curve and I didn’t see her car coming so my truck crashed the car from the side. I remember her car flipped a few times and that she was hanging upside down when the turns finally over.”

Teacyeon feels like somebody just crushed his heart, he can’t imagine Seulri’s fragile body experienced that kind of impact. She must have been in shock and she must have been scared—and she was all alone when it happened.

“I took her out of her car and somebody on her phone kept on telling me to kept her awake so I did that.”

“Somebody on her phone?”

The old man nods, “He said he’s a surgeon and he helped me to give her some first aid procedure while we were waiting for the paramedic to arrive.”

He nods to the conclusion formed in his head, so that guy knew that Seulri is involved in an accident. Silently Taecyeon wishes that that guy still has some heart left in him and make enough effort to come to support her this time. Taecyeon knows, that guy is the only important thing to Seulri and the only one she’d wished to be beside her in a time like this—and for the rest of her life.

“How was she when you took her out?” He asked the question he doesn’t really want to know the answer of.

“She was crying but she couldn’t speak, she spilled so much blood from and she struggled to breathe.” The man clasped his mouth with his hand, begins to cry again. “I really wish she’ll survive this. She’s so young and looks really fragile, I hope the doctors can help her. I’m so sorry sir.”

“Don’t apologize to me, I’m nobody to her.” He replies bitterly. “Let’s just wish she has enough reason to keep on living.”

 

*

 

Six months of intense work in the Gentlemen’s Club obviously had made Seulri numb to the term of being shy. Her s alone granted her enough money to pay her father’s hospital bill that had piled up for months and with that, Seulri could afford better treatment and better medicine to conquer her father’s pain. Seulri always excuse herself at night whenever her father already fell asleep, she would tell him that she’d go to her part time job in a mini market nearby while the truth was far from it.

Lee Hyukjae’s prediction about Seulri being the girl with a high demand was right, in one night she could go from one man’s lap to another for more than ten times, changed her outfit repeatedly to catered to what the men wanted. She could be an angel, she could act innocent if asked, she learned quickly to be wild if needed and she’d even willing on wearing some latex tight clothing for some of the VIP clients. The dignity she once held up high has gone into the trash and Seulri didn’t care anymore.

She had two reasons to kept on breathing: her father and Cho Kyuhyun. Apparently her father needed her more at the time so she had to make a huge sacrifice of leaving Kyuhyun and all the sweet memories she had of him far behind. Not because she stopped loving him, but because whenever she remembered him, she’d become weak and she’d begin crying again.

Another motivation she had was her mother’s debt that’s still piled up, she continuously paid the loan shark every week but what she gained and what her mother owed them was too far behind, even with the rate she got at the time, Seulri would have to work her off for the next twenty years just to meet with the basic number, without the interest.

Apparently her boss got just the perfect way out for her.

A strip club is different from a red light district and no matter how much those men could enjoy the sight of the girls, they must keep their things inside their pants at all times—even for the VIPs. But a pimp is still a pimp and Hyukjae’s ear has gotten so hot hearing many requests from his clients to have a more intimate one-on-one time with his girls. He was the kind of person that stick to the rule, he didn’t want to risk his business license by going astray from the main description but then at the same time he knew it’s good business for him and for the girls.

He would consult the girls first however, approached them one-by-one, asked them whether they’re willing to take it further or not and some girls are okay with it while some other strictly stayed to their job desk. One day he approached Seulri, the newbie that just worked for about six months in his club yet already brought him many fortune. Since she showed up, Taecyeon has been coming almost every week just to enjoy the sight of her and he also one of those people that asked Hyukjae about the intimate date.

“V, I need to talk to you.” He stopped her steps when she was about to get into the bar.

“What is it, boss?” She bowed a little. “I hope I don’t create any problem.”

He chuckled, “No, I just need to checked on you. I always check all my girls, how are you? How’s working here?”

Her expression stayed flat as she answered, “It’s good. I get what I need and although I can’t sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter