Here You Come Again

Final Call
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The T.E.E cart rolls toward the head surgeon and he waits no second longer to do a vital check on his patient. He immediately takes out the tube inserted in the incision on and replace her breathing way straight from . Kyuhyun helps him by lifting Seulri neck a little to open the airway as the doctor inserts the airway management into her.

“You’ll breathe better this way.” Kyuhyun explain as Seulri’s eyes moving rapidly from left to right. “This is necessary also to get the small device to look into your heart chamber.”

She already had a hard time speaking and the piece they just inserted from now made it almost impossible. But Kyuhyun was right, she feels like she can breathe easier now.

“Preparing the T.E.E now.” The old doctor announces.

Kyuhyun takes his gaze away from her eyes and he took the little cable with little ultrasound device in the end towards .

“Seulri-ya, this will feel a bit uncomfortable.” He reminds her and doesn’t wait for her confirmation.

He put the device into , through and observes his way into her inner esophagus from the camera attached at the end of the tube while the old doctor pays his careful attention to the ultrasound picture send from the little device.

“Heart chamber is fine, no bleeding and heart valves are okay.” the head surgeon reads out her ultrasound to the rest of the room.

“Persistent bradycardia (slow heart rate), I don’t understand what the hell is happening here.” Kyuhyun curls his eyebrow in frustration.

What is happening to his girl, he tries everything he knows by the book and by what his sunbae taught him, but he can’t understand why Kang Seulri just keep on getting worse by the minute.

“Take the device out of her, we should do another check into the thorax.” The head surgeon commands him.

Kyuhyun obeys. He carefully takes out the long thin wire from and he check her condition one more time, looking at her closely in order to give her some peace of mind.

“Seulri-ya, I’ll figure it out for you. You hear me? You’ll be save, I promise.” He takes his hand to hold hers one more time.

Only then he figured something in her eyes.

“Check her pupils doctor!” Kyuhyun almost shout, “Her right pupil is blown, damn it! we need neurosurgeon right now!”

The head doctor takes his place on the top of her head, he spreads open her eyes and he knew Kyuhyun was right. Those time they took to take care of her internal bleeding was wasted. Kyuhyun was right from the first time, it’s the wound in her head they really need to take care of.

“Page your colleague again, she needs to be open up right now!”

Kyuhyun nods and ready to take his steps out of the operating room but Seulri gives all the strength that’s left in her to hold on into his hand as her way of begging him not to leave.

“Seulri-ya, it’s important. I have to call him, you need my sunbae right now.” He tries to explain to her.

Seulri is persistent and her hand still holds him as hard as she could, her gaze started to get blurry and she just wants him to be beside her. She feels like this is it, this is her time and this is her last chance to say goodbye.

A tear that falls from the corner of her eyes sinks his heart. Kyuhyun takes out his phone and gives it to the nurse behind him. “Please do me a favor and call the last number I dialed, I can’t leave her.”

The nurse took his phone with her and excuse herself from the operating room. While the rest of the doctors that’s in the room takes their seat one-by-one on the rolling chair provided. They know that at this point they can only wait for the neurosurgeon to arrive because there’s nothing else they can do for Seulri.

“Hey, I’m still here.” Kyuhyun takes his seat back next to her as he starts whispering, his tears fall freely from his eyes, “I think I figured out what’s wrong with you.”

Of course you figured it out, you’re a great doctor oppa. She blinks and tries to smile although it was impossible with the breathing tube inside .

“Seulri-ya, you’re the strongest person I’ve ever known in my life and I know you’re tired fighting your endless battle. But please fight this last one for me, because I can only help you by doing these procedures. This is the fight that you have to go through yourself, but I promise if you survive this I’ll go with you for whatever wait in front of you—in front of us. So you have to stay strong for both of us now, do you understand?” He takes her hand and kisses it repeatedly.

Seulri grabs into his hand and squeeze it three times in a weak yet firm squeezes, delivering her heart content into him.

Kyuhyun understands her, it’s always their way to say it to each other. Usually this gesture will make him smile widely but he’s too afraid that it’s her way of saying goodbye to him. After all it’s not the first time he witness a dying patient on the operating table, her body language, the shine in her eyes that starts to fade and the resigned stare she keeps on giving him—he knew it all too well.

“You promised to do your best tonight, remember? You can’t break that promise to me.” He presses his tone.

She squeezes his hand three times again, she doesn’t care about anything at the moment. What she wants is for Kyuhyun to understand that no matter how far her life has gone astray and no matter how deep he had hurt her, she still loves him and she always will.

Kyuhyun shakes his head in desperation, “Please, Seulri-ya.”

She continues to squeezes his hand three times repeatedly and he replies her squeezes the same way she did to him.

“I love you too, I never stopped loving you Seulri-ya. Allow me to fix our future, I’ll leave everything behind me if that what required to make you stay. Please.” He starts sobbing uncontrollably.

I’m fighting my best now oppa, I’m trying. She whispers in her heart.

 

*

 

*Byun Jeongha

Kyuhyun went back and forth in the hospital changing room, he supposed to take his girlfriend out for lunch but his mind was occupied with something—someone—else at the moment. Last night he drove Kang Seulri into her home, piggy-back her into the fifth floor where her rooftop house was located and made sure that she closed the door behind her securely before he went home.

Yet something bothered him.

He expected her father to open the door for her or welcomed her, but her house was dark before she came in and it only meant one thing—she lived alone. If she lived alone that meant nobody was taking care of her at the moment, while he was sure that she’ll catch fever from the wound she got.

Kyuhyun took his seat on the long bench in the middle and dialed a number, he placed the phone closer to his ear and waited.

“Ne oppa?”

“Are you busy now?” He cut to the chase.

“Preparing myself for my class, why?” She sounded like she’s in a rush.

“Cho Ahra, you’re one of the loveliest person I know you know that?” He talked cutely to his sister.

“What do you want?”

“Do me a favor, could you please go to the rooftop house in our place?” He asked nicely.

“Why would I do that?” She replied with a cynical tone.

“Because you’re a good person and somebody in that house might need you to check on her. Please, I just need to make sure that she’s okay. I’ll buy you first grade meat in return.” He bargained with his little sister.

“So the rooftop house is occupied now?” The sound of his sister opened up their front door was clear in his ear. “I didn’t know it was for rent, if I knew I’d rent it out for myself instead of living with you.”

“Ey, you really know how to break your brother’s heart.” He ticked his tongue, “Are you there yet?”

“Ng, what should I do now?” She sounded like she’s catching her breath.

“Knock on the door and wait for the tenant to get out.”

Cho Ahra did what he asked and continued to do that three more times, “No one answered oppa.”

“Is there any window open?”

“What are you suggesting now Cho Kyuhyun?”

“Just check, I wonder if she’s at home or not.”

“Since when you become a creepy stalker?” Cho Ahra rounded the house and noticed a small window was open. “It’s your lucky day, the window is open.”

“Take a peek inside will you? Or just shout to attract attention, who knows she’ll open the door.”

“Oh my God oppa, I see somebody’s lying on the bathroom floor!” She shrieked in panic all at once.

Kyuhyun got up from his seat and walked in circle to release the panic he felt in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter