Silent Shout for Help

Final Call
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The strong smell of pure alcohol that strikes her senses finally got Seulri eyes to open up again. She runs her eyeball to the surrounding, learning slowly that she’s been moved into an even brighter room. She looks to her right and finds the sight of her comfort at once. Cho Kyuhyun doesn’t look at her, but he’s curling his brows in worry as he looks into the direction of her abdomen. She moves her gaze downward but all she could see is the green curtain, blocking her sight from whatever happening underneath.

Kyuhyun takes his gaze away from her exposed inner organs and he almost shrieks in excitement once he noticed her beautiful eyes are now open up again.

“Seulri-ya, can you see me clearly?” He leans closer to her to cups her face.

She blinks, trying to tell him that she’s alright.

“I’m sorry.” He says the words quickly, “I’m so sorry.” He moves his hand to grab into hers.

She moves her head to the side as her effort to shake her head, hoping Kyuhyun would understand that she’s not mad at him.

“I take it back, Seulri-ya. Whatever I said to you tonight, I’m taking it back. Please hold on, allow me to apologize properly and we can try to fix this together, ne?” He pleads.

She can’t say anything but the tears in her eyes are welled up and begin falling from the corner of her eyes. Seulri tightens the grip on his hand and softly tries to lift her arm, Kyuhyun understand what she’s about to do so he helps her to raise her hand to place it on his face.

She runs her thumb under his weepy eyes, erasing the tears she just forces him to shed because of her condition while at the same time she tries to look into him. It’s what she wanted to hear from Kyuhyun, she just wanted him to forgive her and stop hating her.

But she’s dying now and she doesn’t need those doctors to dictate her state to her for confirmation. She can’t move most of her limbs, she can’t speak and she can hardly breathe. She also understands that the green curtain in between her and her abdomen only means that they’re digging into something down there and that can’t be good, don’t even ask her to begin to describe the pain in her eye sockets and her head. She’s dying and she know it very well.

And she becomes greedy now.

Suddenly his forgiveness isn’t enough anymore, for Cho Kyuhyun to take back his mean words he said to her is not enough anymore. Seulri wants him to do more than that.

She wants him to leave behind every reason he has for not being able to be with her. She wants Kyuhyun to tell her that he loves her. She wants him to promise her that he’ll take her pain away and that he’ll safe her. She needs him to promise her to be beside her for the rest of their life and most importantly she needs him to accept her amends to fix what she already broken.

She has lost everything and along with that she slowly lost her reason to live, in her desperate moment, Seulri really wishes that Kyuhyun can see through her and promise her all those beautiful thing for their future.

“They’re now operating on your abdomen to take the blood clot in between the space of your liver and right kidney. They locally sedated you so you shouldn’t feel any pain but don’t worry, they’re doing a great job.” He misunderstood her tears as a sign of her fear instead of her hope.

Another tears falls from his eyes, he hates doing this to her.

Kyuhyun has seen this look on her before, the look she gave him the time when he met her again after she was missing for six years from his life. The way Seulri packed her whole emotion into one sharp gaze as her way to delivers all weariness in her heart, the silent plead she shouts out from her eyes. He can guess what that intense stare she gives him means, but he’s always be the man of his words and he doesn’t want to lie just to break her heart even more later on.

“It’ll be over soon enough, they will move you into a more comfortable room.” He chose to calm her down, “Don’t worry Seulri-ya, I’ll stay next to you and we’ll fix this together. You’ll recover from this, I know you will.”

trembles as the result of her trying to mumble something to him. Why? Why she has to lost her ability to speak right now? When she has so much to tell him.

Kyuhyun never gave her a chance to explain thoroughly, he just took his conclusion and shut her out from his life. She wants him to understand every single step she took that led her into the darkness she’s living now, not just the whole story as if her reason was as shallow as he thought. She wants Kyuhyun to not just to forgive her, but also to accept her for what she has become. She never expects him to look at her with the same adoration he used to have, nor asked him to smile and say that he’s proud of her, she just needs him to take her into his arms and hold her really close, comfort her and tell her that he understands—and that he forgives her.

 

*

 

To have costumers lining up for her was not something new for Seulri. Six years into the business had made her took the attention just as a routine she had to deal with in her working hour. She brought many fortune for the business and obviously Hyukjae gave her a lot of gratitude and special treatment, her most favorite treatment was her day off that added from two days to three days straight.

She almost always had regular costumer waited for her, most of the men were young businessman that tried to show off to each other that they could spent more money on her than the others. She took the opportunity as a way to gain more tip and she didn’t feel at all guilty about it.

Her need to close up the debt of her family had made her went too far before when she let one particular client came and touched her further than anyone ever allowed to. That day had changed her all the way through. While she cried her heart out in his penthouse, the innocent girl in her also disappeared. She no longer tried to blame anyone for her misfortune and just focus her life on getting her father into a better state, put a roof on top of their heads and paid off all the debts without the help of anyone that she afraid might cause her to be indebted for the rest of her whole life.

This night, Kang Seulri showed up and Hyukjae already grinned widely at her while he pointed her waiting list clients.

“Three days off I’m giving you resulted in this line up every time they know it’s your working night.” He wrapped his hand around her and patted her back, “Did you have fun?”

She smiled, Seulri has forgotten how to smile properly yet she knew what looked pretty on her face so she just created that curve on her face whenever she had to be decent to anyone.

“Used my day off to move, I just moved to a new place.” She replied, “my father needed me to move out.”

“Who’ll take care of him then?”

“I’m paying a social worker now.” She shrugged, “He liked her better anyway, his memories of me just gotten worse these days but he recognize the social worker as me, so I guess that’s better.”

Hyukjae grabbed her by both of her shoulder, tilted his head to peek into her real expression she hid beneath the fake smile. “Are you okay? It happened again didn’t it?”

She lifted her face and look into her caring boss, still tried to maintain her forced smile. “Whatever best for him I guess. I would hate me too if I were him.”

Hyukjae sighed, he’s known her long enough to finally know her reasons behind it all. It’s been years since he figured out that he accidentally recruited an underage, that time Seulri begged on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter