Everything I Have

Final Call
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Ok Taecyeon is not a religious person, he never believed in the mightier power above human intelligence and he’s the kind of person that always believe whatever good or bad things happened in his life is the cause from his own deed. However, tonight he took his time to kneel in the little chapel in the hospital. he doesn’t know what else he could do or where he should ask for help. He believes the doctors are doing their best to save her life in there but he feels like he needs another support and for the first time he’s seeking for that higher power he used to laugh at.

He gathers his hands and kneel, following the steps he usually sees whenever people are praying. He doesn’t know where to start or if he should give his praise before he begins but his mouth just can’t stop whispering his prayers.

“I’m sorry I’ve never been the person that believes in you.” He begins, “But I have my reasons, for instance I always questioned your cruelty over my friend’s life. She’s a sweet innocent girl and you made her fight an endless cruel battle, you put her in that kind of broken family and you tore them apart. If that’s not enough show for you, you also left her with minimum choices to go on, that led her into the mess she’s in now.”

He clears his throat, not being too sure if he’s praying or protesting against the Mighty.

“What has she done wrong? She has the most beautiful heart and her understanding in love is so pure despite what she had to do to keep on living. She only wished for that person and why can’t you just be a good director that gathers them together, huh? You’re the Mighty after all, why can’t you just give the innocent girl some mercy and let her live the life she deserves, away from judgements with the only one she ever loved.”

He sniffs his nose that begins to get runny from his tears. Why he’s always feeling like this when it comes to Kang Seulri? What kind of sincerity he has in his heart for the girl that had filled his frozen heart?

“Look, I’m a bad person and I’m not kneeling here for my sake.” He gritted his teeth together, “I’m begging you here to give her a chance. If you really have a mightier power, then please help those doctors in there to fix her. If you’re able to cause her harm then you’re the one that’s able to take her pain away, so please safe her. I won’t even ask you for her heart, I just need to see that smile on her face as she keeps on breathing beside the one that she loves. So please, hear this prayer of mine. Please help her.”

He wipes his tears with his hand and steps out of the chapel.

Seemed like his prayer is answered right away, as he sees a doctor and a nurse run quickly into the O.R. he was informed earlier that Kang Seulri needs medical procedure on her brain and the hospital is calling a neurosurgeon from another hospital to help. He knows that the one running in the hall is the doctor she needs and with that, he takes his seat on the benches available, closes his eyes and continues his silent prayers for her.

 

*

 

Taecyeon opened the door only seconds after she rang the bell, as usual he ordered an intimate night with her in his penthouse. Seulri gave him her staged smile when she entered before she took off her coat, revealing her tight dress underneath that surely made his imagination wander.

“Good evening V,” He gave a peck on her cheek, “you look stunning as always.”

She smiled and he noticed something different from her smile. The dead looking eyes she usually had were no longer there and for the first time he witnessed the warm emotion on her face.

“Something good happened to you?” He grinned, took her hand with him and led her into the living room. “I prepared your favorite Shiraz.”

“Another casual drinks.” She replied, “So were not going to have tonight?”

He laughed and planted a kiss on top of her head, “How long it’s been since we last did it?”

She lifter her shoulders, “A long time. I don’t understand, you don’t have to pay that much money just to have a casual date with me.”

“Well, you’re not open for normal dating, you refused to tell me your real name still and this is the only way I can get some personal time with you.”

Seulri scoffed, “You should get yourself a girlfriend Taec.”

“No, I should get a wife and the one I’m proposing still refuse me.” He let her took her seat on the comfortable couch, grabbed the wine glass he prepared for her and offered it to Seulri.

She rolled her eyes but grinned, “You should get married to somebody who has honor, not a stripper like me. Besides, my heart belongs to someone else.”

“I don’t care about that, I’m happy whenever I’m with you and that’s enough reason for me.” He took his own glass and sip the red liquid.

“I have a good news and a bad news at the same time.” Seulri opened the conversation.

“I know. Hyukjae told me already that’s why I demanded this date with you.” He took her hand and linked their fingers. “I’m so glad you finally decided to quit this job, V.”

Seulri gave him her simple smile and nodded.

“So, may I know the reason for that? I thought you still have three million to owe them.”

She bit her lips nervously and her face blushed at once, “I found him.”

“You did?” He widened his eyes.

“Well it’s not like we’re getting back together or anything, he has a girlfriend and he has a great job and his whole bright future ahead of him—I’d be this speck of dust compare to what he achieved. But he’s around me, it makes me happy, and it’s enough for me.”

“That explains the smile on your face.” He nodded, “You’re glowing.”

“I’m in love.” She corrected him.

He forced his smile. “I’ll try to be happy for you.”

Seulri brought the wine glass closer to her and took some gulp of it, “Thank you, Taec. For everything.” She lifted her hand to pat his shoulder, “You saved me a lot from my own self-shaming by renting me exclusively. Saved me from having to spread my legs open to another guy but you, at least I feel less dirty that way.”

“That’s the only thing I could do for you, V.” He brushed her cheek with his thumb, “Besides, I don’t want another man have a taste of your body the way I do, so I’m just a selfish jerk that happened to pay a lot to have an exclusive date.”

She chuckled. “Whatever that is, I’m still thankful to you. You spent so much money just for this kind of talk and you barely touched me anymore—as a stripper/your personal I should feel offended, but as a girl, I never felt so honored with the way you treat me.”

He flicked her forehead in instant, “I don’t like that! Don’t call yourself a , we both know you’re not like that.”

“That’s not how the world sees it.” She bit her lips and looked down, “If he knew what I’ve done to survive, do you think he’d still want to han

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter