Disgrace

Final Call
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Ok Taecyeon was enjoying a good F1 race on his big television, taking his time to rest his tired body after the continuous oversea meeting he had to attend in the past week. He feels like going to his favorite club to see his favorite girl but at some point he’s just too tired to get his up simply to drag himself into the basement of his apartment to get his car.

A call from an unknown number interrupts his gaze from the screen, just by one peek into the unknown number, he decided to ignore the call and rises his TV volume instead. The caller is persistent enough to try calling him for the next three times and finally he decided to pick it up.

“Who is it?” He asks sharply without trying to be nice at all, hating to be interrupted.

“Good evening, Is this Ok Taecyeon? The owner of an electric blue Mini Cooper with 12-ha-9757 number?” The voice sounds formal.

He changes his seating position and presses the phone closer to his ear, the caller definitely grabs his attention at once. “Yes, that’s correct, is something wrong?”

“I’m from the insurance company, reporting from the police station about your car.”

“The car is under my name, but currently used by my friend.” He responds, “Is everything okay? Is she in trouble because of the ownership? I lend it to her so it’s okay, she’s not stealing it or anything.” He explains for some more, worrying that his friend is stuck with the authorities because of this small detail.

“Do you happen to know the person that’s driving your car tonight?”

“Ne, Kang Seulri. What happen to her? Is she breaking any rule?” His seating position has gone from lounging to straight up.

“I’m afraid she involved in an accident, sir. Her car crashed and flipped over near Incheon and she’s now being taking care of in Incheon’s student hospital.”

“WHAT? HOW?”

“If you don’t mind, you can come to the Incheon police station to take care of the insurance paper..”

“Insurance paper my ! I don’t care about that! what happened to her? is she okay?” He gets up from his seat and prepares himself to get out of his apartment.

“A truck driver ran into her, the crash flipped the car upside down and broke the front window and there’re some other things that are broken that we need to..”

“Ajjushi, are you even human?” Taecyon snaps at him. “My friend is having an accident and here you are talking about the toll it caused to my car!”

“It’s the basic protocol..”

“Tell me where she is right now, do whatever you want with the car and just send the bill into the account your company hold on to.” He takes his car key and takes big steps towards the elevator.

“I’m sorry,” The caller says, “She’s now in Incheon student hospital, probably in the emergency room. That’s all I know. The police said..”

Taecyeon doesn’t let the caller finish his words, he quickly gets into his other car to start it up then goes full throttle towards Incheon.

His mind keeps on wondering wild on his way to the hospital, Kang Seulri, oh he doesn’t know where to begin to describe her.

Their first meeting might be wrong in any aspect, their friendship was the weird one and certainly he can say his relationship with her is much more intimate than just being friendly. But Seulri was the girl that could make his heart beats faster whenever he sees the smile on her face, he could feel the pain she keeps inside her whenever she stares at him with her dead looking eyes and she’s the only one that made him went down on his knees three times just to save her from her messy life.

And Seulri was also the only one that kept on telling him ‘no’.

 

*

 

The night he met her the first time was just another night he spent strolling around while being the jerk he always was. He’s always seen as the person who played around all the time and tried to have fun in any occasion. Most of his business meeting were done on the golf course or gym instead of in the office, his working space were filled with any kind of childish game arcades and nobody ever dared to asked him when he’d get his self together and grow up. Because he’s a great business man, he’s a great negotiator and also an excellent speaker that had made his grandfather’s company grew even bigger than it already was.

His parents probably were on the edge of their desperation when they realize that their son would never grow up, but they’re also the kind that raised him with much freedom for Taecyeon. His mother always said that he could play as hard as he worked, as long as he’s doing great in his life then he could goof around to balance his hard work, a life value he carried on until this day.

In a humid summer night about seven years ago, Ok Taecyeon just got the biggest business deal his company needed to expand their wings to the neighboring country. It’s something his father has fought for quite a while yet in the end, Taecyeon’s negotiating skill was the one that the goal for them. He figured it was time to give himself a little present and celebration so he took some of his friends to go to a club where they usually hang out to.

A gentlemen’s club was not a place crowded with well-tailored gentlemen with manners and dignity, it was in fact a club where those jerks that dared to called themselves gentlemen gathered to find some false-joy by being treated nicely by these pathetic women who were dead inside and measured their self-worth by the amount of the equally desperate guys wanting them and how much money they could squeeze out of them. But he didn’t care, he knew that he was indeed living a pathetic life and he just wanted to find solace from the desperation he held on into his heart for too long.

That night, he came inside with his friends and looked around to see the collection of girls the club could offer them. He’s all bored with his usual option already, the club sure needed to upgrade their game and recruited more new girls because the ones available was all old and boring for him to play with. With his arrogant manner, Taecyeon called the owner of the club—a friend of his—to deliver his great costumer review.

“So, do you want your usual girl?” Lee Hyukjae greeted him and gave him a firm handshake. “Give him a gin and tonic so he could loosen up a bit.” He ordered the bartender behind him.

“Honestly, you need to upgrade man.” Taecyeon turned his head to the strip pole available in the middle of the club, “These girls you have here were getting rusty.”

“Ey! Don’t say that, my club is still the best one around.” He took the glass of gin and tonic his bartender prepared him and offered the tall glass to Taecyeon. “Tell you what, I did recruit some new girls but they’re still under training. You know those desperate girls that never even shake their before, so stiff and awkward. Just wait a little while, I’ll introduce you to the most pretty one once she’s ready.”

Taecyeon scoffed and too

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter