First Impression

Final Call
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Her body is lying flat on the semi-warn tarmac by the roadside. She can’t feel anything as she constantly feels like she’s being drags around in between her consciousness. One minute she opens her eyes and the next she lost her ground all over again.

She still able to hear a distance voice of him from her phone, she wants to tell him what just happened to her yet she can’t respond to anything and her cavity is filled with this thick fluid that she’s sure is her blood. The one that just pulled her out of her car heard the continuous calling from the cellphone in her hand and he answers to the person in the other end.

“Y-yeoboseyo? Do you know this person?” he stutters to the phone, trying to find a clue on the person whose car he just crashed earlier.

“Who are you?”

“I just ran my truck against her car, it’s my fault.” He begins to cry from the realization, “I called ambulance, they’re supposed to be here..”

“WHERE ARE YOU?! HOW’S HER STATE?”

“We-we’re near Incheon. I’m sorry, oh God, I’m sorry I nodded of and speed up along the curve.”

“HOW IS SHE?! TELL ME THE STATE SHE’S IN! I’M A SURGEON, YOU CAN HELP TO GIVE HER A FIRST AID. I NEED YOU TO FOCUS, SIR!” He drops the take out in his hand and runs towards his car to get to where she is. “YOU’RE THE ONLY ONE THAT CAN HELP HER NOW, SO YOU NEED TO GET YOURSELF TOGETHER AND DO AS I SAY!”

The crasher controls his cries and slaps himself to regain some sense in his head, he messed up already, the least he can do now is to help his victim. “She’s—she’s still breathing and she’s blinking weakly.” He takes a look at her, “Aggassi, can you hear me? Please nod if you can hear me.”

She tries to move her neck muscle but failed the attempt so she just blinks.

“IS SHE RESPONSIVE? KEEP TALKING TO HER! WHATEVER YOU DO, DON’T LET HER BLACK OUT!” Kyuhyun start off his engine and begin driving.

“But she’s continuously waking up and blacking out, there’re a lot of blood coming from .” The crasher still stutters.

“KEEP HER AWAKE! HURT HER IF YOU MUST! SLAP HER OR POKE HER TO THE POINT SHE FEELS SOME PAIN. YOU CAN’T LET HER NERVES SHUTS DOWN, DO AS I SAY! I’M ON MY WAY.”

Kyuhyun takes his earphone and keeps talking to the crasher to guide him on some emergency steps to do to her. He unusually drives like this but this night is an exception. She needs him, no, he needs her to be exact. And earlier tonight he just crushed her heart into unamendable pieces, tonight is the night he decided to attack her with every mean words he could throw out of his mouth and he needs to apologize for that. She has to know that he was just caught up in the heat of the moment and didn’t mean any of his words—especially his last sentence before everything went wrong.

“The paramedic is here.” The crasher informs him, “They’re taking us to the nearest hospital—The student hospital.”

“I’ll meet you there, don’t try to run away.”

He swift the gear in the car and presses his right foot further to the floor of his car, going full throttle as he takes a turn into the highway to reach into her place.

She, in the other hand is now fighting hard to stay awake. Her body’s being lift up onto the gurney and the little lift has cause more blood burst out from that’s beyond her control. What once dark now suddenly so full of light when she drags into the ambulance. The people who’s in the car with her begins to lays their hands on her body, searching for every vital sign and the indication of her trauma. Her clothes are being rip off to easy their access to her abdomen and she doesn’t feel like she needs to be shameful for it. It happens every night for her anyway—men ripping off her outfit for their pleasure, so why would she feels uncomfortable when they’re tearing her clothes to save her life.

“Aggassi, can you breathe normally for me?” One man with white scrub speak loudly to get her attention.

She can’t respond but she tries to breathe in—and immediately chokes with the liquid that still fills her pipe.

“Prepare the tube for tracheostomy, her windpipe is blocked with blood.” The paramedic works quickly and moments later she can feel the acute pain on her neck as they cut her to insert the tube to help her breathe.

She’s still doing her best effort to stay awake, the massive pain on her body doesn’t really help but her determination to see him does. She knows he’s on his way to see her, she bets he must be feeling really guilty now after what he said earlier, and she’ll stick around for some more to hear his apology—she can beat this, she can rebound from this catastrophe, she will survive her accident.

But why she keeps on seeing the fragments of her memories flashing in front of her? People say, when you’re near the end, your life will replay right before your eyes, is this what she’s seeing now? Will she die now without having another chance to see him? She lets the pain that fondles her body becomes her anchor to reality. She can’t let herself fall for the flashes of memories, not yet—not before she sees him.

Her eyelids feel too heavy for her to keep them open, so she thought to herself to rest a little while before she opens them again.

Immediately, the scene from ten years back plays in her mind.

 

 

*

*Byun Jung Ha

 

First day of school is always something Kang Seulri dreaded the most, by the age of sixteen, she has changed to almost six different schools. Her mother is a civil servant and her job requires them to move provinces from time to time. They’re moving to Seoul this time around and it only makes her more tensed because she heard a lot of bullying takes place in the city.

Seulri takes a look into her mirror, studies her own appearance and tries to mess her hair for some more. One of the reason why bullies attracted to her is her natural beauty that stands out among the rest of the student. She’s only sixteen but her figure is already above average and her height is growing still, whenever any school ceremony takes place, she’d always placed to line up on the back of the row because she’s the tallest in her class. The rest of her appearance doesn’t help her to disguise herself into the average high school girls either, her tall figure is perfected with enough curve in the perfect spots, taking more attention towards her—although she still can trick her way to hide her assets with baggy clothing.

But she can’t hide her face.

She also gifted with every perfect feature one’s face could get, her almond eyes that pierce brightly whenever she smiles, the high cheekbones make it so effortlessly easy for her to stun in the crowd, the sharp V-shape chin makes her a perfect template for any natural beauty that’s describe by the plastic surgery business, and her thin lips curls perfectly to add more dimension on her already

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter