Chapter 29

Creeping In Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER TWENTY NINE; HALLUCINATIONS.

"Get up" 

"Get ed" Baekhyun answered.

"On the contrary, there is no one here to do that for me"

"But if you look at it from a different perspective, you could do it yourself" Baekhyun answered Chen's snort.

"Get out of bed" Chen's hands dug under the blankets Baekhyun was tangled in and ripping him off the bed and onto the floor before Baekhyun was quick enough to react in his blurred state of just haven woken up. He screeched as Chen watched him drop with a cackle and Baekhyun glared at him as his blurry eyes blinked to focus on him.

"Hurry, up, everyone is getting ready to leave the house" 

"It's time to go?" Baekhyun sat up and Chen screamed 'duh' at him with his eyes.

"Why didn't you wake me up earlier?" He demanded and Chen didn't change the look on his face as he threw his arms around.

"Because you wouldn't get up earlier"

"Ugh" Baekhun groaned in a drawn out sound of ugly that Chen cringed at as he rushed out of the room.

"Anyway's you need to hurry before we your blood out of you and leave you behind"

"And the goodest of mornings to you on this fine day" Xiumin greeted Lee as she padded across his room, hoping not to face Chen or Baekhyun yet.

"You're bringing the hat?" Lee asked as her face scrunched up and Xiumin adjusted his hat atop of his head, but the majestic silk he had wrapped around it only caused it to sit on an angle on his head.

"The hat is very important" Xiumin's head nodded once but Lee still wasn't agreeing with his statement.

"But you've hardly worn it since I first met you" She pointed out and Xiumin turned away from the mirror, content with how he looked in the hat.

"But my dear-" Lee didn't know why he always approached her so suddenly and rapidly like this, it caused her breathing to stop and her eyes would always go wide, it made Xiumin's eyes light up in excitement every time he got such a reaction out of her. "-the hat is extremely important, and today is an extremely important day" With one hand on her waist and the other taking her hand, he pulled her close as if they were about to ballroom dance in front of the mirror. His lips turned up in a wicked smile when he got the desired reaction out of her. Lee's eyes went wide when she blinked several times. He could hear the sharp intake of her breath and her body mimicked a statue in his hold that was cold to the touch. He did a fancy turn that Lee's feet fought to follow without letting her fall, and he kept her hand in his as they left his room and travelled down the stairs.

"They won't see it coming, not today at least. But what better day is there than the current to give them a surprise?" He rattled off as Lee made sure she breathed in and out. Xiumin, being two steps ahead of her, waited for ee at the bottom of the staircase, holding their joint hands at eye level, a smile still pulling at his lips as they stood at the bottom of the staircase.

"Xiumin, I don't know why, but my heart runs a mile a minute when you do this to me" She didn't know why she let those words fall out of in an honest confession, trying to remain calm and unphased by her word vomit. It only caused Xiumin to smirk, and like she was a princess at a ball, he bowed, kissing her hand that lay atop of his before looking back to her with his bright eyes.

"And that is exactly what I want" He stood straight, turning on his heel and walking away, leaving her standing at the base of the stairs with parted lips and a hammering heart. Her eyes followed Xiumin in amazement as she her lips and took in a breath.

"He's crazy"

"Hurry your ugly mugs up and get downstairs, we have an empire to take down and a prison to break out of!" Xiumin ordered in a shout. Lee jumped and gripped the railing of the stairs as feet clambered down the steps behind her. 

"Are you waiting for something?" Luhan asked as he passed and Lee shook her head.

"For she's not waiting for something" He muttered to himself as he entered the kitchen briskly. Lee followed Luhan into the kitchen with a pull that came from Chanyeol taking her hand in his warm one as he looked down at her.

"Let's stick together today, hm?" He hummed as his eyes shimmered and Lee's head bobbed to agree with him. When they were in the kitchen amongst the others that were gathering into the group, Xiumin was already giving a lecture as he moved to and fro, trying to get several things done at once as he blurted out whatever was coming to his mind.

"This time it's more real, this time we all want to leave this place for good, not just take something back from them. So I don't care that we've spent the last however many years at each others throats. Now is the time to take trust in each other and make sure we do whatever it's going to take to get us all out of here because we all have the same goal here"

"Can we go already?"

"What's taking everyone so long? There's only so much time on our side right now"

"Why are you all in the kitchen? Let's go" Baekhyun followed Chen down the stairs, looking in at everyone piling into the kitchen under the false lighting powered above their heads.

"If everyone's ready then we'll go"

"It's time" Sehun rushed to the front door and swung it open as everyone filed out behind him.

"Remember to stay low, we don't want anyone to see us until we get to the Queen of Heart's castle" Xiumin reminded them as he rushed to the front of the group.

"Are you ready?" Kai's voice followed the black whirls of smoke that Lee could still see in the night and when she turned her head to look at him, he was smirking down at her.

"For tonight?"

"Yes, tonights the night we've been waiting for princess, are you prepared?" He raised a brow and Lee mused as Chanyeol pulled her forward with his hand tightly gripping hers.

"As ready as I will ever be Kai" Kai winked and disappeared, reappearing beside Xiumin.

"Keep an eye out up front," Xiumin told him and Kai disappeared again, perching himself in one of the higher branches on a tree that gave him access to what was happening below him.

"We're safe for now" He alerted Xiumin by coming back to his side and XIumin his lips before they pulled into an excited grin.

"Then let's make this quick"

------------

"Who's that?" Lee asked, peering around the tree that she was hiding behind, her instincts kicked in just like every time she saw a person in the forest. The person was unfamiliar and the fact automatically had alarms ringing for the ones that noticed the person.

"Huh?" Lay walked past her and she reached out, snatching him by the hand and pulling him back before he could be seen.

"Stop! There's someone there" She told them as everyone stopped moving to follow where her finger was pointing.

"And we've just been found" D.O muttered. There was no time to stop and take in the outfit the person was wearing, donned in white and a pair of glasses. Running from them was more important than seeing what they looked like.

"Get them!"

"Get to the castle and start destroying it!" Xiumin ordered as they shot in the opposite direction with the person on their tail, Xiumin immediately identified who they were and grabbed the closest person to him that wasn't running quick enough and pulled them to go faster. One became several, then a whole team was following them and everything felt too real, too daunting, nothing looked like it did in their minds before.

"What is this?!" Lee demanded as they ran down the brick road and towards the castle, it looked nothing like it did before, now, it was just a big brick building the evoked the same anger as it always did from her.

"Our way out of here of course!" Tao gasped as he avoided a metal pipe that was aimed at him.

"You're kidding me!" She snapped, looking around as Chanyeol yanked her to the side before she could be tackled to the ground.

"We need to get them back in that house before someone gets out and they're seen" 

Suddenly, the flowers looked like normal red roses, Lee couldn't remember where the checkered floor had gone, but the Queen's knights were coming at her and all her panicked mind could do was halt them with pain that shocked their cores and stopped their movements.

"How did they even get out?"

"I thought you were on patrol tonight"

"I am!" D.O looked back at Suho, dressed to combat the cold weather and his eyes widened as he pushed through people, spotting D.O's eyes on him and approaching.

"Stay where you are Kyungsoo" D.O in a breath at the tone of Suho's voice and ran, not looking back as Suho yelled for him not to run.

"Quick

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter