Chapter 25

Creeping In Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE; I WANT THEM TO PAY FOR IT.

"Luhan" Suho looked over to the quiet male as he sat at the table. Luhan sat fiddling with the cuffs of his sleeves, almost looking like a small child in trouble as he sat in his seat across the other end of the table.

"Luhan" Suho sang out and Luhan looked up, blinking rapidly.

"Huh?" The small noise escaped him and Suho gave a tight lipped smile in his direction.

"The room with the mirror, you never actually told us where it was"

"The room with the mirror inside the Queen of Red Heart's castle?" Luhan inquired and Suho felt a sharp pang smack against his head, irritation.

"Yes, the room with the mirror in the Queen of Red Heart's castle, that room Luhan" Suho nodded and Luhan's nose pinched in response.

"Well you don't have to be so specific Suho"

"I get what you meant now" Suho muttered under his breath, as if the man he was talking to was actually sitting next to him. He let out a deep breath, looking back at Luhan.

"We need you to tell us if you know where that room is Luhan"

"Oh is this about that place with all the mirrors in it?" Chanyeol piped up and Suho pursed his lips, narrowing his eyes as Luhan dramatically waved his hand in Chanyeol's direction.

"No! No, it's not the room with all the mirrors in it. The castle has a room filled with many, many, many doors, doors upon doors Chanyeol. And in that room Chanyeol, is our exit from Monsterland, were you really not listening to me at all? In that room, ignoring all the doors, there is a mirror, and that mirror is above the fireplace, the magic mirror is how we get out of here, it does this when you touch it," Luhan made the jellyfish with his hand again and Chanyeol nodded animatedly at his words, "And we have to give it our blood to get out of here"

"So it's not a room full of mirrors?" 

"It's not a room full of mirrors" Luhan confirmed and Chanyeol hummed.

"Cool, so how do we get to this room?" He asked Luhan.

"We have to go to the castle" Luhan informed them and Suho let out a deep breath.

"Yes Luhan, but where do we have to go in the castle?" Suho gave Luhan a pointed stare and Luhan's brows furrowed in confusion.

"We have to go to the room full of the doors," Luhan told him slowly and Suho in a breath, jumping to his feet.

"Xiumin!" He bellowed and after several seconds Xiumin appeared in the kitchen, looking around with wide eyes. Suho stormed towards him, pointing a finger at the pair sitting at the table as his eyes squinted.

"You take care of them. I can't deal with it" He stormed out of the kitchen and Xiumin put his eyes on Luhan and Chanyeol.

"What happened?" He questioned them and Chanyeol shrugged as Luhan leant back in his seat.

"He wanted to know how to get to the magic mirror," Chanyeol told Xiumin. Xiumin's shoulders dropped and his feet scraped against the floor as he shuffled into the room. He dragged a seat back, dropping himself into the seat and dropping his arms on the table.

"Did you tell him how we have to get to the room, Luhan?" Xiumin looked to the deer like male, already predicting that he wouldn't have told Suho what he wanted to know.

"He asked me where we have to go to get to the room so I told him that we have to go back to the castle" Just as he thought, Xiumin looked away, drumming his fingers on the surface of the table as he tucked his bottom lip in.

"Luhan," He spoke carefully and Luhan hummed to show that Xiumin had his attention, leaning forward and blinking his eyes.

"Did you tell him where in the castle we have to go?"

"Yes, to the room with the mirror and the doors upon doors" Luhan nodded and Xiumin rubbed his eyes, putting his chin on his hand as he slouched forward in his seat.

"No Luhan, did you tell him how to get to that room once we are in the castle?" Xiumin inquired in an exhausted tone.

"No I didn't" Luhan shook his head and Xiumin almost smacked his own head against the table. He took a moment to breathe, to not blow his top and stay calm and rational. In and out, he did his best to control his breathing but Luhan's teeth chattering began to echo in his ears and Chanyeol's hands shook as he dropped his soggy sandwich, his face scrunching up in disgust of his now ruined snack.

"Why not Luhan?"

"Because he didn't ask me where in the castle the room was" Was his curt reply and Xiumin's foot tapped under the table, his leg shaking, his jaw clenched in an attempt to stop himself from bursting out in anger.

"I'll think you'll find, that is what he was trying to ask you, Luhan" Xiumin breathed out slowly and Luhan blinked his eyes.

"Oh ok" His head bobbed and Xiumin covered his eyes with his hands, putting his elbows on the table and leaning on them.

"So, can you please tell me how to get to that room once we are in the castle?" Xiumin inquired and Luhan bit down on his bottom lip, remaining silent as his brows pinched and Xiumin awaited his answer.

"Luhan?" Xiumin spoke up and Luhan snapped his eyes back up to look at him.

"Why aren't you saying anything?" Xiumin's dark voice demanded to know and Luhan looked away slowly, his eyes travelling to the window to look outside.

"Well about the location of the room full of doors in the castle..."

"Hurry up Luhan" Xiumin snapped and Luhan flinched, looking down at the wooden table.

"I can not recall the directions to the room" He mumbled and Xiumin went quiet, his mouth falling open but nothing coming out. There was no outburst, just pure silence, nothing. Xiumin had no words that he could possibly think of saying, Luhan's own words had sent his mind blank and all he could do was sit there and stare at Luhan, gaping at him.

"You don't know where all the doors are?!" Chanyeol burst out and Luhan glared at him.

"They are in the castle!" He yelled back.

"But where in the castle are they?!" Chanyeol demanded to know in his booming voice and Luhan fell back in his seat, going quiet again.

"I don't know" He whispered and the room filled with white noise as the three of them sat there.

"Let's just," Xiumin's eyes travelled around the surface of the table, feeling lost as he slouched in his seat, "Let's just not worry too much about that for now, we've gotten closer, let's carry on from there" He nodded his head slowly in a way that looked more like he was assuring himself than he was assuring Chanyeol and Luhan.

"We've also been set back" Chanyeol looked at Luhan in disappointment and Xiumin shook his head.

"Not entirely, Luhan has brought us information that we didn't know ourselves, this can help us in some way, we just need to work out how we can use the information to help us get out of here"

"I think I should leave the room now" Luhan stood up cautiously, his eyes flickering to Chanyeol who was still looking at him with dark eyes. He pushed his chair in and left the room, leaving Xiumin to deal with Chanyeol being moody.

"Now we just need to figure out how we're actually getting out of here"

------------

"I can't believe you would do that"

"I'm sorry?" Lee's face contorted into uncertainty, watching Lay with a bitter expression as he went about healing the broken branch of a tree.

"And I worked so hard to fix you in the first place" He muttered to the tree and Lee swallowed her guilt and confusion, looking away to Kai, who stood next to her, his arms crossed over his chest and his face expressionless as he watched Lay fix the broken tree.

"I thought he wanted us to do training together?" She inquired nervously and Kai snorted.

"As if he could concentrate on that for long" He replied.

"I'm sorry this had to happen to you, this place is filled with bad people that are out to cause pain. You shouldn't have had to experience this but I'll fix it for you and you'll be better in no time, I promise you it'll be as if it never even happened" She couldn't look at Lay without feeling a strange sort of guilt, so she followed Kai, walking away and leaving Lay to heal the broken tree.

------------

"How dare you?!" It was a roar like no other, pure fury and rage that echoed through the room as a loud smash broke out with it.

"I worked so hard to create this place. To create them! And you let them destroy my castle? You let them act against us like this?!" Wine glasses broke, chairs flew around the room and walls were hit as the sounds of the Queen's anger forced the Knave to put his hands over his ears, wincing as he struggled to watch her storm around in her fury.

"I'm sorry my love, we weren't expecting the attack-"

"Look at the state of my castle!" The Queen waved her arms around, gesturing to the punctured walls and the cracked and broken flooring that she stomped over in her loud heels.

"Are you even listening to me?!" She bellowed and the Knave of Heart's rattled in his place, dropping his hands from his ears and rising to his full height. He rushed over to the Queen of Heart's taking one of her small hand

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter