Chapter 26

Creeping In Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER TWENTY SIX; FOOLISH.

"He's lying to you Kyungsoo, he doesn't want you to set him up with that girl, he's really trying to set you up with her" 

"He is?" Kyungsoo blinked, a new realisation dawning him as his friend nodded, slapping a hand on Kyungsoo's shoulder.

"Of course he is, she's obviously your type, right? Why would he want to be with her?" Kyungsoo pondered over this question, looking at the said girl, Song Hyemi, sweet but not sickeningly innocent, she had humour and good grades but wasn't a stranger to detention and handing her assignments in late to their lecturer.

"You're right" Kyungsoo looked to Mino, missing the smirk that quickly grew into a smile when they looked at each other.

"Sorry to ruin the surprise for you, but I just couldn't bare to see you getting hurt trying to set them up if it was really just going to be all for you in the end"

"No," Kyungsoo shook his head and Mino let out a small chortle, "thanks for telling me, it would have hurt to think I was organising a date for the two of them" Kyungsoo agreed with Mino and Mino's hand dropped from his shoulder.

"I've got to go now, but don't let Shindong know you're aware of the secret set up ok?" Mino rose an eyebrow and Kyungsoo nodded, his lips pulling into a smile.

"I won't say anything" He promised and Mino turned down the hall, his lips pulling into a smirk as he clucked his tongue.

"Kyungsoo, you're just too easy to fool" Mino walked away, leaving Kyungsoo to revel in his own excitement for what his best friend was doing for him.

------------

"Oh Kyungsoo, I didn't expect to be seeing you here as well. Where is Shindong?" Song Hyemi was confused to see the very person that had helped in planning this date instead of the person to attend this date. Kyungsoo stood before her, well dressed and smiling with flushed cheeks as he greeted Hyemi with a stuttering bow.

"Well you see," He looked around trying to find his words, "the truth is that this date isn't for you and Shindong, he was setting it up for you and me" Kyungsoo bashfully informed her of what he had been told. Hyemi's eyes fluttered and she faltered as the news sunk in. It made Kyungsoo nervous and for the first time, Kyugnsoo realised that Hyemi might not like this idea.

"Well, that's is a pleasant surprise" Hyemi hummed and Kyungsoo looked at her with wide eyes, not sure he had heard her right.

"You always were the more handsome one out of your friends Kyungsoo, not to mention interesting" Hyemi skipped towards him, bracing herself with her hands on his biceps.

"I'm looking forward to our date" She fluttered her eyes at him and Kyungsoo could feel himself melting on the spot.

"Kyungsoo? What are you doing here?" The pair looked up, smiles and giggles falling to a stop as they came face to face with a well dressed and confused Shindong.

"Oh, Shindong! What else would he be doing silly? He's taking me on the date that you helped set up, thank you, by the way, I had no idea you knew of my feelings for Kyungsoo" Hyemi gushed as Kyungsoo's face dropped, why was Shindong so well dressed? And why was he so confused and hurt when he looked at them.

"What? No that's not what happened. This was meant-"

"Thanks again Shindong, I'll never be able to think of a proper way to repay you for this" Hyemi linked her arm with Kyungoo's. Shindong watched, waiting for Kyungsoo to say something. But When Hyemi pulled him away, he followed without hesitation. This date wasn't meant to be his? But it was his dream date, Mino and Shindong helped him to plan it all out perfectly. 

Mino. Kyungsoo quickly realised how he had been fooled, his naivety had gotten in the way of helping a friend get the girl he wanted. Kyungsoo looked at Hyemi who told him a story as they walked along the sidewalk. And he couldn't find it in himself to care, Shindong was never willing to help him with his homework so why couldn't he take Hyemi away? Besides they both had feelings for each other, Hyemi had admitted it in her excitement so he knew he was in luck.

He might just have to thank that devil.

------------

D.O couldn't take his time walking down the path, besides the danger it could cause him, a hurried Sehun was more pressure than the Knave of Heart's appearing to slay him and put him to his death. He let out a deep breath that had been building up in his chest, looking up and glaring when another body collided with his own, pushing him onto the other side of the path and into Sehun.

"Oh I'm so-oh" They all paused as the young girl backed up, eyes wide and hesitant as she looked at Sehun and D.O, her eyes trailing up and down as she took in the outfits and the numbers that represented them.

"You're one-you're one of them" She sputtered and D.O rolled his eyes, putting his hand on Sehun's back and pushing him to keep walking.

"Let's just go" They walked away D.O clenched his hand in a fist, gritting his teeth. The young girl behind them screamed as the pavement gave out around her and she fell beneath the ground until no one could hear her cries. Sehun looked back, his eyes watering as he looked at the hole in the ground where the girl once was. D.O pushed him to face forward again and Sehun nodded, wiping his eyes dry as he sniffled.

"Right, we have no time to waste. Let's go D.O" Sehun used his long legs to stride down the path and D.O scampered after him, scoffing to show his irritable mood.

"I was the one pushing you to walk quicker" He grumbled to himself. The paper bags in Sehun's hands rattled and D.O chased after him with a satchel hanging off his shoulder. He clenched his fingers around the straps and lowered his head, avoiding the swaying tree branches and swinging vines as they slipped into the forest, disappearing from view to walk down the memorised path they had taken thousands of times before. Sehun ran, jumping over large rocks and weaving around shrubs with D.O chasing after him. Sweat dripped from Sehun's temple and he clenched the bags that were in his hands.

D.O took a turn, Sehun disappeared from his sight and his eyes narrowed, his feet moved quicker, pressing into the dirt and bouncing off rocks. He zipped through the trees and took another turn, taking quick breaths in and out, his head turned left and right, his eyes calculative as he made sure no one was following him. He pushed through a wall of trees, slowing down and looking up, coming face to face with the house that he had been in for the longest time now. D.O looked around again, no sign of Sehun anywhere. He walked up the oldened path, opening the gate and letting it creek shut behind him. He climbed up the steps of the front porch and turned the handle, pushing the front door open. D.O kicked his shoes off and walked further into the house, using his free hand to wipe away the sweat from his face as he stalked down the hall and into the kitchen. He dropped the satchel onto the kitchen bench and Xiumin looked back, his wide eyes gleaming as he watched D.O from the sink.

"You're back already" Xiumin commented, D.O gave a single nod of his head and left the kitchen after having dumped the satchel of things that Xiumin needed. Xiumin batted his eyes and after a short pause he shrugged his shoulders and went back to cleaning the dishes that were piled in the sink.

"D.O is back?" Chanyeol walked into the kitchen and spotted the left behind satchel on the table. Xiumin hummed, nodding his head as he scrubbed a plate clean.

"I'm back!" Sehun came dashing into the room with bags in his hand, there was sweat across his face and he was breathing heavily as he dumped the bags on the table in a hurried matter so that he could shrug out of the jacket he was wearing.

"I lost D.O somewhere along the way but I assume he'll have found his way back home somehow-"

"He's back already" Chanyeol pointed to the satchel a second time and Sehun paused in his words to look at the lonesome satchel that they were all talking about.

"So he is, I should have known he would get here before me" Sehun nodded his head and slung his jacket ov

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter