Chapter 7

Creeping In Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER SEVEN; PANIC.

Xiumin couldn't feel the weight of Lee in his arms as he walked back to the house at a steady pace. Rather he could feel a shattering weight on his chest, where he presumed he had his heart resting with the feeling of doom seeping in through the wounds that crushing weight caused. She was still unconscious, but she was breathing which Lay had to persuade Xiumin into believing that it really was a good thing and that she was definitely going to be fine soon. She would wake up. That's all Xiumin can remember hearing. That was all he was hearing in his mind as he practically ran ahead of the others back to the safety of their home. Sehun was hobbling behind them, with Lay under his arm holding him up, he had no idea why he was so exhausted. Sehun knew that using his gift shouldn't have exhausted him like this now, he had been using it and learning how to control it for so long that he should have been able to endlessly create blizzards for days before wanting to pass out then and there like he did now.

"Come on Sehun, we're almost there and who knows if the queen has sent someone else to follow us" Lay whispered, Sehun nodded and let out a grunt as he tried to support more of his own weight. The house was getting closer, they could see it now and Xiumin picked up the pace in his steps when he realised that he could soon reach it. Kai teleported inside the house to stand before the front door and it came unlocked with a click that Xiumin heard as he got closer to the door. Kai opened the door and Xiumin muttered a small breathless 'thanks' as he rushed passed Kai and up the stairs to Lee's room. Xiumin looked down the long hall when he reached the top of the stairs and let out an exhausted breath, he turned to his door and used his foot to shove the door with a small crack for an opening further open with room for him to enter safely. Xiumin laid Lee on his bed gently and stepped back as he fixed his shirt that he had felt getting tugged down for the whole of the walk home. He stared at her figure, unmoving except for the intake and release of breath.

"Sehun is in his room as well, he's freaking exhausted Xiumin" Suho came into the room with gentle steps and a soft voice. Xiumin didn't respond at first, and the two of them stared down at the sleeping girl on his bed before he took a deep breath.

"He's used to his gift, why is he so exhausted? Was it the sudden energy from Lee using her own for the first time?" He asked making eye contact with Suho, who was feeling just as much confusion as he was in this situation.

"I mean I guess so, none of us really saw what actually happened" Suho shrugged and Xiumin sighed. Suho took a step back his eyes watching Lee breathe slowly on the bed before turning back to his elder.

"Let's leave her to rest Xiumin, we know she is safe now so there is no need for us to be worried for the time being" Suho consoled and Xiumin looked at him, the two colours of his eyes making them look wider than he was making them, forever making him look stressed or shocked beyond imagination if he were to really widen them.

"And when they wake up?" He asked Suho, referring to the wind wielder in his room that was also fast asleep.

"We can worry about it and try and figure things out when they're both awake, don't you agree that would be the best thing to do?" Suho asked, putting the decision making role back on Xiumin, who was the rightful owner of the role. Xiumin nodded and with one last fleeting look at the girl on his bed, Xiumin left the room with Suho following him and softly closing the door behind him so that he wouldn't wake Lee up, not that he was sure it was possible yet. Suho lead Xiumin back downstairs and into the living room where everyone else was sitting on the couches in a silence that Xiumin had only ever seen on these occasions.

Those times where someone would be taken from them.

"Let's not be so down about all of this guys, we're all still here and they're both going to wake up soon" Xiumin smiled, trying to get his friends to see things positively, it was hard when they were living in a land filled with monsters and an evil queen that wouldn't let them escape from her sight. They all shifted the way they were sitting on the sofa's Lay relaxed further into the leather seat and Chanyeol cracked a smile. Baekhyun and Chen nudged each other, sharing a knowing look between themselves as Suho sat down next to Kai and Xiumin sat on the arm of the couch next to the quiet Kyungsoo.

"Do you know what happened to them?" Kai asked, his face was neutral, practically blank if it weren't for the curiosity and worry Xiumin could see the younger man trying to hide from the people he was sitting with. His tone was blunt and sounded distant, as if he were only asking for the sake of everyone else in the room.

"We're not sure, as far as we can tell she got her gift in such a quick span of time that it rendered her exhausted" Suho responded it was quiet after that, everyone sat around the room, deep in their own minds as the time passed by slowly. Chen looked around him, Baekhyun was starting to softly hum from the spot next to him, having gotten so deep into his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter