Chapter 14

Creeping In Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER FOURTEEN; PAIN.

When Lee woke up she knew she should have been expecting some pain, but her eyes fluttered open, several seconds passing before she figured out where she actually was and that she wasn't in fact in any pain whatsoever. And then she looked around, her head turning left and right as tired arms pushed her body up. That was when she saw Lay, curled up on the bed next to her like she had seen puppies do many times before, and she felt her heart clench at how uncomfortable and cold he must have been.

"Lay, wake up Lay" Lee shook him by the shoulder gently, coaxing Lay to wake up and he did so with a grumble and a yawn, nuzzling his nose into the sheets and squeezing his eyes shut before opening them slowly.

"Oh, Lee. You're ok now" Lay breathed out when he raised his head, meeting the worried eyes of the girl looking down at him.

"Obviously no thanks to you Lay, I owe you one" She smiled and Lay let out a deep breath looking around as he sat on the bed.

"Nah, don't stress about it, it's the least I could do for a friend"

"What time is it?" Lee asked, looking around the room to and Lay shrugged, standing up and heading for Lee's window, parting the curtains to peek outside to find the sun preparing to rise.

"The sun will come up soon, we mustn't have been asleep for long," He told her and Lee sighed pulling the covers off her and putting her feet on the soft carpeted floor.

"I'm too awake to go back to sleep" Lee breathed out and Lay turned to her as she wiggled her toes over the carpet aimlessly, blinking at him as his brows creased in worry.

"You need your rest" He responded, his voice matching the quiet air between them.

"And so do you" Lee nodded to which Lay smiled.

"Touche"

"I don't think I'm gonna be able to fall asleep again, so I'm gonna go take a shower instead, I’m covered in dirt and blood" Lee smiled and Lay nodded, walking to her door and pulling it open before turning back.

"Let me know if you need anything"

"Thanks Lay" Lee moved over to her drawers of clothes and pulled out a clean and warm outfit to put on before heading into her bathroom. When she ran the water for the shower it was quick to steam the room up as she changed out of her dirty clothes and stepped into the shower, letting out a yawn that she followed up with a sigh. She still felt lazy and lethargic as she cleaned her body and moved onto her hair, staring at her ceiling as she massaged her scalp.

"What was he even doing running off so late at night?" She wondered to herself, she had already asked when she had first seen him again, but he hadn't had the time to answer. She didn't think anyone else but Lay knew why he had run off and disappeared from the house. But Lay seemed totally calm now, as if he were alright and nothing had happened for him to run off.

"This place seems like it's going to be seriously stress inducing"

When she was out of the shower, she dried herself down quickly so that she could get dressed in her warm clothes and meet Lay downstairs. He was in the kitchen when she made it down and he smiled when he saw her. He had a bowl of cereal in front of him with the box of cereal and the milk on either side. Lee let out a deep breath, entering the kitchen and moving to the fridge, where she bent down, taking out a bottle of water and turning back to Lay.

"Want some? I can get you a bowl" Lay gestured to the box of cereal and Lee sighed, wanting to ask him why he had disappeared but not knowing how to bring it up.

"No thanks Lay, I'm not hungry just yet" She shook her head, dragging her feet back out of the kitchen and to the living room where she dumped her body on the couch with a huff of air escaping her lungs, her head turning to the side and her eyes closing.

"Oh" Lee breathed out as another body fell onto the couch next to her, she looked down at Chen who yawned, his eyes closed and his lips curling as he snuggled into her side. He seemingly purred and the sound reached Lee’s ears, making her confused by the animal-like qualities of the male and the fact that he was present downstairs at whatever hour it was.

"I didn't realize anyone else was awake" Lee muttered as Chen moved his blanket that he had dragged downstairs with him so it could cover himself and Lee. Warmth wrapped around them, quickly soothing Chen with the heat of another body next to his own and he let out a breath of satisfaction before speaking in a voice laced with the desire to fall back to sleep.

"I heard people talking so I came down to see who it was" Chen muttered tiredly. He was still covered in his wounds from the battle fought earlier and Lee clucked her tongue, getting comfortable under the blanket on the couch with Chen and letting out another deep breath.

"We'll have to get Lay to have a look at you once he's gotten some more rest" She mumbled and Chen hummed, nodding his head and bringing it closer to her arm.

"It's like five in the morning, what are you guys doing out here?" D.O came into the living room, his doona wrapped around him and dragging on the floor behind him as he shuffled into the room.

"Lay and I couldn't sleep anymore, he heard us talking and came down" Lee nodded at Chen who was already snoring softly after his move downstairs.

"Same as me then" D.O yawned and Lee smiled in his direction as he curled up with a pillow and his blanket on the second couch.

"Get some more sleep D.O" Lee spoke and D.O hummed, nodding and closing his eyes with one last smile in Lee's direction. Lee shut her eyes, letting out a calming breath she relaxed with the thoughts of Chen being in her personal space, something she was having to grow used to since arriving here. Chen was breathing heavily, almost snoring and Lee just lay there, letting her mind wander and her body stay relaxed. She heard Xiumin talking to Lay, just the voices, not the words and soon he entered the living room.

"Look at you all" He breathed out and Lee kept her eyes closed, not wanting to move from her comfortable position.

"Are you feeling better?" Xiumin's soft touch moved the hair away from Lee's face and she hummed, making Xiumin smile.

"That's good" He hummed in response and Lee smiled, actually enjoying the feeling of Xiumin brushing his fingers through hair. She didn't think she was tired, but the longer Xiumin sat on the floor, brushing his nails lightly across her scalp, keeping the hair out of her face, she became so soothed, that she hadn't even realized she had fallen asleep.

------------

"So much for not falling asleep" Lay was the first face Lee saw for the second time when she awoke again. She flinched, not expecting to see a face so close to her own when she was shaken awake again.

"Sorry" Lay moved back.

"But Chen brought you in without waking you up so someone had to do it” It was then the Lee realized she was leaning on a humming Chanyeol who was struggling to sit still, she was wrapped in a burrito by Chen's blanket that the said boy must have wrapped her in, she looked around the kitchen, confusion still plaguing her even though Lay told her how she had gotten to be sitting in the kitchen.

"How long was I out for?" She asked and Lay smiled at her softly, helping the girl pull her arms out of the blanket burrito that she was struggling in.

"Lunch is about to be served"

"Oh" She breathed and Lay ruffled her hair, smiling and waddling over to his seat. Chanyeol bounced in his seat, turning to Lee, thrilled that she was finally

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter